Photo
- - - - -

How could one achieve a decent tan-loo alike

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#31 drunkfunk

• 102 posts

Posted 10 November 2008 - 11:08 PM

ok, i guess it will be melanotan or melanotan II with very low sun-exposure for me, till i can figure out something better.
i just hope, i won't have any problems with freckles, moles, ect, time will show

on another note, has anyone heard of pTpT (dithymidylic acid) or knows, how to get some.
this stuff is supposed to be very magic, erasing old photo-damage (repairing DNA) while promoting a sunless tan via melanin-stimulation and also protecting against future photodamage.
anyone?

#32 Adistar

• 13 posts

Posted 01 April 2009 - 05:56 PM

ok, i guess it will be melanotan or melanotan II with very low sun-exposure for me, till i can figure out something better.
i just hope, i won't have any problems with freckles, moles, ect, time will show

on another note, has anyone heard of pTpT (dithymidylic acid) or knows, how to get some.
this stuff is supposed to be very magic, erasing old photo-damage (repairing DNA) while promoting a sunless tan via melanin-stimulation and also protecting against future photodamage.
anyone?

I always wanted to get rid of this nasty orange on my skin that I acquired since started eating a lot more rich colored veggies (kale, collard green, squash, sweet potato, etc.) in college and with supplementation such as astaxanthin and B vitamins. I used to be pale and now people think I've been going to tanning salons (but who'd develop a tan on their palms though-lol). You can really tell how much color you acquired through all of this by looking at your palm--and I did a LOT. If anyone can help me alleviate this perannial "tan" syndrome, i'd appreciate it:D

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Barksdale

• 149 posts

Posted 02 April 2009 - 02:17 PM

I'm on the loading phase in MT2 now, but in the maintenance phase I'm going to try out Taurisine, Copper and perhaps asthaxantin..

#34 jessicantique

• 104 posts

Posted 03 April 2009 - 06:03 PM

anyone?

I always wanted to get rid of this nasty orange on my skin that I acquired since started eating a lot more rich colored veggies (kale, collard green, squash, sweet potato, etc.) in college and with supplementation such as astaxanthin and B vitamins. I used to be pale and now people think I've been going to tanning salons (but who'd develop a tan on their palms though-lol). You can really tell how much color you acquired through all of this by looking at your palm--and I did a LOT. If anyone can help me alleviate this perannial "tan" syndrome, i'd appreciate it:D

i beg my hands are as red , or even redder than yours, i hate it. i think i am going to reduce those supplements. though the pigment in our skin is supposed to help protect us from uv rays, (only a mild effect ).. it's something i can't get rid of , even i am using retin A, .. it goes out from the deeper layer of my skin.

#35 yoyo

• 582 posts

Posted 18 June 2009 - 09:57 AM

If anyone has heard of cryptoxanthine, it was used as a tanning pill, but it formed crystal deposit in the eyes (i think similar to the way lutein and zeaxanthin accumulate in teh eye, except bad.)

Also, looking at this study, they found taht b-carotene and a mix of b-c, lutine, and lycopene resulted in the same color change (as a 'yellowing' factor measuremnt). so maybe choice of carotenoid won't permit higher doses to be used. does anyone know if fucoxanthine is actually brown , or if that is just because of other chemicals like anthocyanins in the algae?

Edited by yoyo, 18 June 2009 - 10:06 AM.

#36 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 04:03 PM

What about Canthaxanthin? The FDA doesn't seem to like that one very much.

#37 zorba990

• 1,602 posts

Posted 14 September 2009 - 06:49 PM

Canthaxanthin (even the so called brown ones) always turned me orange.
My money is on iodine removed Fucoxanthin or other brown carotenoid.
There's a lot of interest in this, not sure why innovation is lacking.

#38 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 04:20 AM

Canthaxanthin (even the so called brown ones) always turned me orange.
My money is on iodine removed Fucoxanthin or other brown carotenoid.
There's a lot of interest in this, not sure why innovation is lacking.

I am currently taking Lutein, which has given me a sort of natural yellowish hue, nothing dramatic though. I want to try astaxanthin next in conjunction with it. I spoe with a dermatologist who never heard of Melanotan. I think that is because it is banned in the u.s

#39 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 15 September 2009 - 01:30 PM

i also read somewhere that high doses of astralagus will hue the skin, but the guy that tried it was also experiencing hair loss, brittle teeth, ect. so he stopped.
maybe impure compund or something, hmm

How high was the dose? I am thinking much higher than your standard taken for Telomere lengthening? It has to have been to cause hair loss. And what was the mechanism for the hairloss anyway?

#40 miklu

• 63 posts

Posted 18 September 2009 - 08:01 PM

I'm sure Frederick will testify as much. He also takes them carotenoids.

Just to clarify, I don´t take any carotenoid supplements and I don´t recommend anyone to. But I do get about 17 mg lycopene, 12 mg beta carotene and 16 mg lutein + zeaxanthin from food (kale, tomato paste, spinach etc).

Hi Fredrik. Surely I'm speaking for many people by saying that your topical regimen post has been a true eye-opener. Would you mind to shed some light into your nutritional regimen (for skin health) as well?

#41 drunkfunk

• 102 posts

Posted 20 September 2009 - 09:58 PM

i also read somewhere that high doses of astralagus will hue the skin, but the guy that tried it was also experiencing hair loss, brittle teeth, ect. so he stopped.

How high was the dose? I am thinking much higher than your standard taken for Telomere lengthening? It has to have been to cause hair loss. And what was the mechanism for the hairloss anyway?

i don't remember the exact dosing, only that it was a generic astragalus-extract, so none of the astragaloside-iv we have nowadays.
it must have been either impure or way high dosing, or maybe even some other stuff the guy was taking.

Fountain, may i ask, how much your dosing of Lutein is and also if it's 20% or 99%?
do you feel that if your dosage was higher, the color would become more intense?

#42 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 11:20 AM

i don't remember the exact dosing, only that it was a generic astragalus-extract, so none of the astragaloside-iv we have nowadays.
it must have been either impure or way high dosing, or maybe even some other stuff the guy was taking.

Fountain, may i ask, how much your dosing of Lutein is and also if it's 20% or 99%?
do you feel that if your dosage was higher, the color would become more intense?

I don't know the specific percentage but it is of a marigold extract at 20 mgs with 40 mgs Lutein esters. I have not attempted taking more than the 20 mg dose thus far. I am afraid of turning one hue. I think the idea is to take several different carotenoid in conjunction to hit the various pigments. I don't think it is one carotenoid=the tanned look, but probably several together. I am going to see what happens with the astaxanthin+lutein. Maybe by then I will up my dose of Lutein.

Edited by TheFountain, 21 September 2009 - 11:20 AM.

#43 drunkfunk

• 102 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 03:37 PM

I don't know the specific percentage but it is of a marigold extract at 20 mgs with 40 mgs Lutein esters. I have not attempted taking more than the 20 mg dose thus far. I am afraid of turning one hue. I think the idea is to take several different carotenoid in conjunction to hit the various pigments. I don't think it is one carotenoid=the tanned look, but probably several together. I am going to see what happens with the astaxanthin+lutein. Maybe by then I will up my dose of Lutein.

yea, i hear ya, a mixture of different carotenoids will probably yield a more 'balanced\ color, since they all have different hues.
we don't want the cantaxanthin-oompa-loompa-effect. not too sexy.

i wish they would work on a purified version of fucoxanthin, it seems to have just the right color for a 'golden tan'-look.

now that slightly-yellowish-look you mentioned, does it resemble that of an asian descendant (or maybe very light-skinned african-american) or is it just 'yellow'?
in other words, does it look natural?

#44 drunkfunk

• 102 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:08 PM

also, before i forget, have you noticed that your skin feels or looks more hydrated?

#45 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:22 PM

yea, i hear ya, a mixture of different carotenoids will probably yield a more 'balanced\ color, since they all have different hues.
we don't want the cantaxanthin-oompa-loompa-effect. not too sexy.

i wish they would work on a purified version of fucoxanthin, it seems to have just the right color for a 'golden tan'-look.

now that slightly-yellowish-look you mentioned, does it resemble that of an asian descendant (or maybe very light-skinned african-american) or is it just 'yellow'?
in other words, does it look natural?

I think the key is to get that one hue of yellow and balance it out with that one hue of pink and then experiment with different doses to see what you're comfortable with. My current yellow is definitely more natural looking for a western european descendent, and I actually have fair, transparent skin. I think if you overdo it the potential for less natural look is there, I would stick with 20-30 mgs. Maybe 50 tops. The other thing is I eat a lot of carrots, which I think add a little to the pinkish hue. I don't know how I would look in the absence of the beta carotene from the carrots.

#46 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 06:23 PM

also, before i forget, have you noticed that your skin feels or looks more hydrated?

Absolutely, especially my hands which were prone to dryness from the hand soap my mother has in the house. But I also use something called Calendula Officionalis which increases skin moisture as well. You might consider supplementing both.

#47 drunkfunk

• 102 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:22 PM

Absolutely, especially my hands which were prone to dryness from the hand soap my mother has in the house. But I also use something called Calendula Officionalis which increases skin moisture as well. You might consider supplementing both.

cool, thanks.
i'll look into the calendula also, sounds interesting.

#48 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 07:24 PM

cool, thanks.
i'll look into the calendula also, sounds interesting.

I have a thread on it in the same section here with some studies posted.

#49 drunkfunk

• 102 posts

Posted 21 September 2009 - 10:59 PM

right, i checked that out also, good stuff.
i still have one more question, is that slight color you have evenly spread out or are some spots more yellow that others?
and what about your palms?

#50 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 22 September 2009 - 02:33 AM

right, i checked that out also, good stuff.
i still have one more question, is that slight color you have evenly spread out or are some spots more yellow that others?
and what about your palms?

I would say it is evenly spread out. My palms are a pinkish yellow hue, pretty much the same as the other side of my hands but slightly lighter, but this is based on the fact that I am fair skinned. I see no problem with it personally. Like I said I think something like Astaxanthin may be the missing supplement from my regimen and will hopefully perfect my skin tone.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users