Photo

VIP outreach Goals Archive

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
358 replies to this topic

#121 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 01:57 AM

As this team moves along, as we practice, get inside experience, check it out, work with it, bring in more people and ideas, this project will continue to evolve. If your good at something thats related to this and want to help then let us know. If you are a good writer, if you have done related outreach, if you know vip's or know them through somebody, then let us know. As we move in to other months goals we will continue to hone in on our contacts and pick the best ones.

Right now though, this months goal is behind. Fowler has been sick, and busy with work, and of course, thats fine. Fowler youve done a great job and we look forward to you coming back. In the mean time we are picking up the ball for Fowler right here and adding 3 new contacts. So, whoevers got the contact info for some vips, please list three here. Post it by tomorrow, or Ill pick three, and we will go from there. Like I said, this month, we wont scout and discuss these three as much, but they have come from a list that we have been working on sorting and widdling down, so it will be fine.

Lets get this done. I mean, get 'er done.

#122 Cyberbrain

• Guest, F@H
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 23 November 2009 - 02:18 AM

I would also like us to contact Jacque Fresco

#123 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 06:00 PM

Alright, weve got

Mark Cuban,
Delores Gavin,
Jaque Fresco

If anybody wants to get cracking on some good fitting letters for these 3 then let us know here and post them here as soon as you can. You can use our templates, mixtures of them, and a mix of what fits for these people and this situation.

If nobody responds then Ill get on this as soon as I can. Hopefully later today.

#124 bacopa

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 24 November 2009 - 11:41 PM

I'm very sorry for my very late start this month, I had a minor surgery and then complications as a result, but I'm ok now and I'm back on my feet with this project. I am actually unfamiliar with those names you listed, however that may be a good thing as I discussed with Vgamer1, we've been brainstorming really big names, and these sound to be not at that level, which is a good thing.

I think we could go with those guys as well as one or two big names, I was thinking of attempting someone, again, like Matt Damon, or Harrison Ford. Also Robin Williams comes to mind as he was just on a talk show talking about his serious surgery that he went through recently. He sounded very thankful to be alive, and it's people with that kind of attitude that I think could really be receptive to our cause.

I never heard back from Harvard Humanist Association even after leaving a voice message with the groups chaplain. So I plan on having a meeting via Skype in a few days, and I'll cc you guys when that will be.

#125 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 12:29 AM

Next week, for the start of next month, pick three more. Of course, widdle them down as much as you can by the most fitting criteria, -have access to their contact info, -preferably have mentioned something related to this cause before favorably -preferably mid range celebrities who were famous around 5 to 20 years ago or so (so they are more susceptible to want to keep reaching back out to us to get back in or remain celebrities) preferably people that exhibit open mindedness, etc.. Maybe make a list of qualities like these that we can expand on in the topic that collects names.

For this month,

Mark Cuban is owner of the Dallas Mavericks. Mind says he saw an article where he expressed an open mind toward regulated use of peformance enhancing drugs.

So for him, craft a short description of this cause, applaud his open mind, and ask him how far his open mind might go in to the transhuman kinds of advancements forseen for the future. Invite him to chat about it in an interview at the sunday evening update, and if somebody has the money this week, send him a copy of the Longevity Revolution and LifeQuest.

Jacque Frescoe is an idustrial and social engineer, inventor, and futurist.

Same thing, short description of the cause, applaud his futurist ideas, and ask him if he plans on becoming cryonically frozen. Find one good particular detail on something he does and Invite him for an interview on "ideas like that and others". We'll send him a copy of SCOD and LifeQuest.

Delores Gavin is a vice president of development and programming for the history channel.

Short description, tell her you loved the History Channel show in the Thats Impossible series called Eternal Life. Ask her what she thinks about it and if there are any possibilities floating around there for more shows like it, maybe even its own mini series. Invite her to an interview, and if we have the money we'll send her a copy of SCOD, the Imminst Documentary, Ending Aging, and LifeQuest.

You or somebody else can start writing these letters, or I will tonight, or if not then hopefully tomorrow. Here now we've got a general idea of how we are headed with these. Keep it short, really, really short.

#126 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:33 PM

Dear Ms. Gavin,

Hi, my name is Devon Fowler. I am a member of the Immortality Institute, a non-profit organization dedicated to advocacy and research for unlimited lifespans. I am also a big fan of the History Channel, and especially your recent mini series, That’s Impossible, which included the episode, Eternal Life. As such, you’re probably familiar with this cause, the pursuit of healthy life extension, and human enhancement. The Immortality Institute is also engaged in these pursuits. We want to offer you an interview on our show at imminst tv. We have sent you a book on this subject which you may be interested in. I invite you to check out our growing international community and portfolio of initiatives at www.imminst.org

Sincerely,

Devon Fowler
phone#
email @.com
VIP Outreach
The Immortality Institute
www.imminst.org

Lets also send a copy of scod, and a copy of the documentary.

Edited by brokenportal, 27 November 2009 - 07:16 PM.
updated ending

#127 bacopa

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 25 November 2009 - 10:30 PM

Ok, just got your last two messages. GOOD picks, I really do think. People who are way up there on the corporate ladder or just plain talented...which is great.

I'll work on some letters, the one you provided will suffice I should think.

About imminst's documentary...I totally think we should be including this in most of our packages we send to people. It's a great intro into the H+ movement.

So it's agreed that we can go with these people for this month of November...next month I want to include one high level VIP...

I don't know where Vgamer1 stands with the Shatner letter, and of course that should be sent asap...if it hasn't already.

#128 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 03:51 AM

Thats using Minds template, just use that if you can. It has to be short and to the point. It just has to be workable. Its hard for me too, I like to cram a lot of details in, but we have a template here, lets use this.

And when others dont get their letters out on time, try to start aiming to step in and do it for them if they dont, or cant, or cant finish or whatever. Thats what Im doing here. The bottom line is to get 3 decent letters out. If we keep this going, this team will continue to grow. If we continue to comprimise our 3 monthly goal, then we will continue to comprise until the team stops moving. If we start missing 1 letter, soon it will be 3, and if we do that then soon we will be missing 3 months, and if we do that then pretty soon there will be no team, and we cant let that happen.

But dont fret, things are going good so far. It can be hard to keep the initiative going, but once you get it going good for a while, it will become easier and easier to keep it going.

Right now, Ill work on those other two, can you go and dig up the contacts for these 3? If I have to, Ill get these out at 11:30pm on the 30th, this months goals will be complete.

And there is no need for you to apologize, you are doing fine, and we are more than happy to step in for you when you cant be here. This is a team effort, and your doing fine, the team is coming along great.

#129 bacopa

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 26 November 2009 - 05:14 AM

Ok, lets keep the momentum up. Why not throw in Matt Damon for this month? Thanks for the encouragement...I just wish imminst had some more clout at this point, such that we could really impress and influence the types of VIP's we most desperately need.

Hopefully your ARUL idea will get our ideas out there more.

#130 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 07:12 PM

Dear Mr. Cuban,

Hi, my name is Devon Fowler. I am a member of the Immortality Institute, a non-profit organization dedicated to advocacy and research for unlimited lifespans. I am also a big fan of an open mind in the field of performance enhancement. We have seen you in the media outlining how performance enhancers are used all of the time, and that regulated responsible steroid use should be considered. Many people though, as you point out, don’t always think very critically. You may be familiar with our cause, the pursuit of healthy life extension, and human enhancement. The Immortality Institute is engaged in these pursuits. We want to offer you an interview on our show at imminst tv. We have sent you a book on this subject which you may be interested in. I invite you to check out our growing international community and portfolio of initiatives at www.imminst.org

Sincerely,

Devon Fowler
email @.com
VIP Outreach
www.imminst.org

Lets also send a copy of scod, and a copy of the documentary.

Devon, also send a copy of these in email. Make sure you put your email in the signature there. I didnt put it in there because Im not sure what it is.

#131 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 27 November 2009 - 07:27 PM

Dear Mr. Frescoe,

Hi, my name is Devon Fowler. I am a member of the Immortality Institute, a non-profit organization dedicated to advocacy and research for unlimited lifespans. I am also a big fan of futurist thinking. I love bold plans for the future like your Venus project. Being such a thinker yourself, I imagine that you are more than aware of the transhumanist movement that is going on these days. You may be familiar with our cause, the pursuit of healthy life extension, and human enhancement. The Immortality Institute is engaged in these pursuits. We want to offer you an interview on our show at imminst tv. We have sent you a book on this subject which you may be interested in. I invite you to check out our growing international community and portfolio of initiatives at www.imminst.org.

Sincerely,

Devon Fowler
phone#
email @.com
VIP Outreach
www.imminst.org

Send a copy of scod and the documentary. We'll send those later, get these letters out before the 30th for now. Be sure to include phone# in the Cuban letter too, I forgot to add that. You can choose to add your own, or somebody elses, Minds if he agrees. If you include yours then we will go over what to go over on the phone. Im thinking we will take the route as you acting as a secretary of sorts. I need you to dig up the contact info on these three people. You still have that subscription to contacts right? I need this asap because I/we need to get this out before the 1rst.

Dont worry about clout like that. Thats what we are helping to build here, peice by painstaking peice. People like you, leaders around here, are the architects of the future of this cause. This cause doesnt move to the next level with out us. Once we accumulate that level of clout, once we get all of this infrastructure and all of these signs in place, once we install a vision and inform the world, then we can let the world take this, their cause, from there. Until then we need to set it up and bring it to them. Your right, its not easy, but we are getting there, and I think that every single one of you volunteers and leaders deserves an award for what you are doing.

#132 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:13 PM

Alright, these letters were sent yesterday, the books will be on their way.

Another successful VIP Outreach goal met. On to Decembers goals.

#133 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:30 PM

December 2009 VIP Outreach Goals

Criteria- We'll post this some place more official when we get it worked out, but here is the starter list.
-somebody we can get through to about the cause.
-preferably mid range VIP, because big ones are likely to be bombarded with mail and or be too busy or full of themselves, etc... to small of a VIP and it can start to defeat the purpose.
-preferably somebody that has mentioned something related to this cause before, and of course that doesnt have a negative opinion of it. Direct mentions of living forever, or cryonics or something are best, but things like, for example we sent a letter out to Mark Cuban in November because he mentioned his open mindedness to performance enhancing drugs.
-make sure they are not negatively controversial.
-more potential criteria to be added as we go.

This is a loose guideline, but recommended:

First Week- pick three contacts. I suggest taking suggestions with reasons why now, 5 to 10 of them, then widdle them down on the 6th and 7th. Use the criteria, and remember that the criteria is evolving. You can add to that and discuss that any time too.

Second Week- Craft the letters.

Third Week- Put the final touches on the letters and send them out. Optional: send out an email at this time too.

Fourth Week- this week is a buffer week, for waiting for responses, doing optional potential calls, making sure the books get sent out, preparing for the next month, you could throw in a bonus contact or two during this time if your feeling ambitious.

#134 Cyberbrain

• Guest, F@H
  • 1,755 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:16 PM

Let's have a holiday theme for this months goals.

Maybe we can reach out to some liberal church, write a letter to Santa Claus (for fun), umm maybe we can try to reach out to organizations and get some more sponsors. Disney (doubt they'll help us, this is just an example) for instance would give us a positive image especially towards younger generations.

Let's also put on the front page an article about what would make the best holiday gifts and we can make a list of longevity books, DVD's, some of our gift store items, and some supplements.

Edited by Cyberbrain, 01 December 2009 - 06:20 PM.

#135 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:29 PM

Those suggestions might work.

As for front page article, start crafting one now, or see if you can get somebody to, and we can see if we can get it approved for the front page. Sounds like a good idea. Its a good theme, and can help bring more awareness to the store, and the supplements vendors, and get some more potential sales.

#136 Vgamer1

• Guest, F@H
  • 763 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 09:55 PM

I'm going to suggest Suzanne Somers for this month based on this article:

http://reason.com/ar...elah-manifesto/

As someone who has leveraged social media into several businesses, Luckett urged summiteers to focus their efforts on spreading their message using those new communications technologies. People trust new ideas that come from their friends. Of course, social media “friends” now include stars and athletes. Being in Tinsel Town, the assembled marketers spent some time brainstorming about which film or TV stars might take up the cause of promoting longevity research. Apparently, Suzanne Summers is an enthusiast, but I sure hope that the summiteers can find some other celebrities.

#137 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 01 December 2009 - 10:52 PM

Good idea, Ive been thinking, and like others say and ellude to, if we can get a few more of those types of woman that seem gung ho about trying to remain young looking through things like tons of excercise, botox, plastic surgery, and stuff like that, on board, and potentially channel that mentality in to a realization that they can remain young this way, that would be huge. I mean, regular VIPs help a lot, but a fully energized determined woman thats in to that stuff could really help make waves in the media.

#138 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 03 December 2009 - 02:05 AM

Lets get Oprah in on this one. They missed the boat on their last show about "Extreme Life Extension" but it was a good lead in. The Oprah show is going off the air next year, so that means at least two things for us, our time is running out to peak this as contender again for an upcoming show, and because this is her last year, she and the producers may be more likely to want to step up the big shows, the gimmick shows, the potentially controversial, potentially ground breaking shows. We'll run this letter through the whole loop and get Shannons insight and convince a good writer to help us craft at least this one for now.

Man, I would run a marathon backwards in the dead of winter to get Oprah on board with this cause. These might be long shots, but ready that ammo, steady that aim, and lets fire.

#139 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 04 December 2009 - 11:57 PM

Alright, so far its looking like we'll be going with:

Suzanne Somers
Matt Damon
Oprah Winfrey

We have till the 7th to decide on these. One factor is going to be if we can get their contact info, fowler, vgamer, or anyone else, can you check in to the contact info for these before the 7th?

Another thing, does anybody have any money? We need somebody to order 3 books for last round. If your interested then get a hold of me and I will give you the addresses to ship them to from Amazon. I sent out a bunch of books in the last two rounds, but I dont have any money this month.

#140 David Styles

• Life Member
  • 512 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 12:06 AM

We'll run this letter through the whole loop and get Shannons insight and convince a good writer to help us craft at least this one for now.

I am generally considered a good writer, and have trained people in sales techniques for a living before now. I can write the letter(s).

Tell me the specific idea that I need to sell, and I will sell it, if you want me to.

I'll not be the slightest bit offended if you had someone else in mind, of course.

The offer is there for you if you want it :p

Edited by David Styles, 05 December 2009 - 12:09 AM.

#141 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 12:36 AM

Superb, we have many people that have offered to help write, but many havent found the time, or have forgotten about it.

You can check out last months letter to get a general idea of what we are after.

But you can also use your insight and show us what you think will help get through to them and potentially help the cause. If you want to, write up a sample, we can check it out, and if we like it then we'll take it from there.

#142 bacopa

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 01:07 AM

Ok, it's been a very busy month of November, but I'm back on board with some gusto. I am going to edit, the Sommers letter written by, I forget his name, but he works in film and media in his country. Here is the letter.

Dear Suzanne,

Thank you for your time to read my letter. It is a wonderful sunny afternoon here in London. With my letter I wish you that our youthful sunny days would last for a long time.

I noticed your care and interest in the field of keeping people young and healthy with bioidentical hormone replacement therapy. We have so far very few entertainment industry individuals among us and we know that without media attention it is not easy for people to recognize and accept the cultural changes which the medical science is ready to bring to us. We need your help in breaking the ice for the society to be able to accept, that it is inevitable that in 15 – 20 years our life-spans are significantly longer if not infinite. Sometimes we have award ceremonies, web-tv programs, conferences, and other events in the US and abroad, and we would like to ask your permission for contacting you to invite you to participate on some occasions. I think media coverage can be mutually beneficial even if people are very successful as many of our members are.

Here is Aubrey de Grey talk www.vimeo.com/7339349, which helps to visualize the possibilities of the future. Please decide without a bias if this issue is important. We are keen to work at this inevitable future as catalyzing the process now can also benefit us and not just our children.

Sincerely,

A-----

David Styles, if you would like to edit this please go ahead, I will too, and we'll pick the best one.

I'm pretty sure our Contact Any Celeb membership is almost if not all gone, no big deal we have the info for Damon, and I think Oprah, but not Sommers. If anyone would like to split the membership with me that'd be great.

I know the membership was advertised at $30 but Dan I think got it for 19.

So if no one can help out I'll buy it again myself...Vgamer, Portal, David, Rol, anyone who is interested in helping out the VIP project chime in here.

#143 bacopa

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 01:11 AM

Let's have a holiday theme for this months goals.

Maybe we can reach out to some liberal church, write a letter to Santa Claus (for fun), umm maybe we can try to reach out to organizations and get some more sponsors. Disney (doubt they'll help us, this is just an example) for instance would give us a positive image especially towards younger generations.

Let's also put on the front page an article about what would make the best holiday gifts and we can make a list of longevity books, DVD's, some of our gift store items, and some supplements.

The Unitarian Universalist Church would be perfect, and my dad might play Exploring Life Extension film there for the congregation! A holdiday themed deal would be .

Portal, you're so right Oprah may want to go out with a bang, I forgot that it was her last season...we'll definitely contact her!

Cyberbrain what front page article for what? You mean here at imminst home page, or were you thinking some local paper???

We also Jaanus Silla, who is on board and he wrote a letter to Susan Sommers.

#144 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 05 December 2009 - 01:15 AM

If your going to buy that again, make sure you go down the list and get as many addresses a head of time as you can. If you dont have Sommers, lets try to find it off the net before you potentially buy the contact thing again. Post a list for us of the address you do have so we can choose from them next month. This letter might work, I think its worth a go. It will be sent in snail mail though, so the link might not be a good idea to put in there. I guess they might go type that in. I mean, remember, if we were to do emails, we could just go and create a copy paste letter, personalize the "Dear so and so" and send out 500 a month, but we're doing the snail mails because its so much more lucrative. I guess, you could incorporate an email goal in to this, but it would have to be bigger than three then, and we would use more copy pasting.

Does anybody know of anybody we can contact that might have some cash to buy those books for the last round? I have to get them out asap.

Also, Devon how is it coming along on the charities contact for the Chase thing? Im working on the causes and some contacts right now.

#145 David Styles

• Life Member
  • 512 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:03 PM

Superb, we have many people that have offered to help write, but many havent found the time, or have forgotten about it.

You can check out last months letter to get a general idea of what we are after.

But you can also use your insight and show us what you think will help get through to them and potentially help the cause. If you want to, write up a sample, we can check it out, and if we like it then we'll take it from there.

Sure, I'll do that when I get home this evening. Just about to go out right now to the middle of nowhere with poor internet coverage. But I realise we're working to a deadline so I'll do it this evening &)

#146 David Styles

• Life Member
  • 512 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:06 PM

David Styles, if you would like to edit this please go ahead, I will too, and we'll pick the best one.

Right, I'll do that this evening. About to go out very shortly so I'll do it when I get back.

I'm pretty sure our Contact Any Celeb membership is almost if not all gone, no big deal we have the info for Damon, and I think Oprah, but not Sommers. If anyone would like to split the membership with me that'd be great.

For how long?

So if no one can help out I'll buy it again myself...Vgamer, Portal, David, Rol, anyone who is interested in helping out the VIP project chime in here.

How much and how? I'm up for buying a few books for people.

#147 David Styles

• Life Member
  • 512 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 01:07 PM

Does anybody know of anybody we can contact that might have some cash to buy those books for the last round? I have to get them out asap.

Just let me know how much and how.

#148 bacopa

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 02:03 PM

Right, I'll do that this evening. About to go out very shortly so I'll do it when I get back.

For how long?

How much and how? I'm up for buying a few books for people.

Thanks for helping with the letter! We only need to split the cost of membership for like a month and just take down all the VIP's that we think we need to get. Of course we may hear about so and so in the news who wishes to endorse the cause...and so we'll just sign up again!

#149 bacopa

• Topic Starter
  • Validating/Suspended
  • 2,223 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 02:31 PM

Looks like I'm still a member...so I'll keep you posted when and if you wish to contribute financially to the site.

#150 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:45 PM

Alright, great, so you have the addresses for these three then? Please verify if you have the address, phone number, and email for each:

Suzanne Somers
Matt Damon
Oprah Winfrey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users