←  Events

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

The Prophet Of Immortality - Aubrey de Grey

benzealley's Photo benzealley 20 Dec 2004

'allo

I've been lurking on-and-off for a while. I've just never posted, that I can recall...

I'm on holiday in Canada this month (hence the January comment) but you'll probably see more of me. ;)

Bruce Klein's Photo Bruce Klein 20 Dec 2004

Ah, there ya are.. thanks for posting, Ben.

Look forward to hearing more from you.

Cyto's Photo Cyto 20 Dec 2004

interesting, it worked.
thanks for doing it mr. klein.

jaydfox's Photo jaydfox 20 Dec 2004

I just got the January 2005 issue of Pop Sci, and there it is in print! It's mentioned on the cover, but it's not the cover story. I had a friend tell me I should read this month's popular science, because there was an article in it that I might like, so that means it must be working. (The friend in question knows that I'm "into anti-aging stuff", but he isn't himself...)

lightowl's Photo lightowl 21 Dec 2004

The friend in question knows that I'm "into anti-aging stuff", but he isn't himself

Hehe, that's funny in some mad way. Who is not into living longer? It seems only to be the those with suicidal tendencies. ;)

It reminds me of a quote on one of the MMP flyers.

Aging really is barbaric. It shouldn't be allowed.
I don't need an ethical argument. I don't need any argument.
It's visceral. To let people die is bad.

JMorgan's Photo JMorgan 25 Oct 2005

The old link is out of date. The entire article ("The Prophet of Immortality") from the Jan 2005 issue of Popular Science, which features Aubrey de Grey and mentions the Immortality Institute can be found here:

http://www.popsci.co...ecbccdrcrd.html

icyT's Photo icyT 02 Jan 2006

Oy, this might sound stupid, but now that ImmInst is gaining more popularity I'm thinking of just buying a lifetime membership right now. Who knows if it might go up :)

Plus, when the place is full of people, I can say "I've been a lifetime member since 2006...". Shoot, I should have done it before the new year...

olaf.larsson's Photo olaf.larsson 04 Jan 2006

but now that ImmInst is gaining more popularity..

Do you have any graph of new users and visitors?