Photo
- - - - -

Noopept changed my life

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 slomophobe

• 4 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:19 PM

This is a bit of a rant, but I wanted to share my experience with this nootropic. I started taking noopept off and on a few months ago, but it wasn't until recently that I have actually started taking it regularly as a "stack" combined with other supplements and vitamins. Since then, I have noticed a drastic improvement in my overall mood, memory, thought patterns and ability to process and relay information. I would not attribute all of this merely to taking noopept as I have of course had to put forth the effort myself to make it happen, but never before have I felt so in control and ALIVE. I analyze the way that I think and speak and actually say what I mean instead of just blurting things out. I have long suffered from anxiety and depression issues coupled with some substance abuse but with the aid of noopept, I feel like I have almost been able to flip a switch in my brain to turn these things off. It is not anxiolytic or antidepressive in a general sense, but it has allowed me to think about how and why I have suffered from these feelings in the past and why I have turned to drugs and alcohol to escape reality. More importantly, it has made me realize that I have an option to change all of that. It has made me question a lot of my thoughts and actions and why I do the things that I do and how and what I can do to make myself and others generally feel better. I feel more connected to the universe and truly feel great just to be conscious. Noopept has changed my life for the better.
  • Cheerful x 1
  • like x 1

#2 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

Good to hear. Sounds like me except trade noopept for Piracetam. What are your doses on Noopept. Do you find you get any added irritability on noopept. I'm thinking of eventually trying noopept at 5mgs 2-3 times a day because it seems like the higher doses give me a bit of paranoia and irritibility

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 slomophobe

• Topic Starter
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:59 PM

I started off taking 20mg 2-3 days a week but have increased it to 20mg 2-3 times a day (so 40-60mg/day) 4-5 times a week. However, I am currently taking a break from using noopept to see if these feelings subside after I stop taking it for a short period of time, as well as the fact that I seem to have built up somewhat of a tolerance for it. The only side effect I have noticed is that it has made me think much more philosophically or existentially, though it is subjective as to whether or not that is a good thing (I personally enjoy it).

#4 Dissolvedissolve

• 200 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:22 PM

I started off taking 20mg 2-3 days a week but have increased it to 20mg 2-3 times a day (so 40-60mg/day) 4-5 times a week. However, I am currently taking a break from using noopept to see if these feelings subside after I stop taking it for a short period of time, as well as the fact that I seem to have built up somewhat of a tolerance for it. The only side effect I have noticed is that it has made me think much more philosophically or existentially, though it is subjective as to whether or not that is a good thing (I personally enjoy it).

You may know this, but, as sold as a prescription, the drug has a suggested one month on one month off cycle. This makes sense due to the desire to avoid NGF/BDNF downregulation. In my experience, cycling it on and off seems to be effective.
  • Informative x 1

#5 slomophobe

• Topic Starter
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:56 PM

You may know this, but, as sold as a prescription, the drug has a suggested one month on one month off cycle. This makes sense due to the desire to avoid NGF/BDNF downregulation. In my experience, cycling it on and off seems to be effective.

I have heard this, but have not been taking it regularly long enough to establish a cycle that really works for me, so have kind of just been assessing how I feel day by day and taking it as needed. I have properly researched noopept and nootropics in general, but I still have some preconceptions about taking a drug every day (albeit one that is relatively benign) so that is where the 4-5 times a week comes in. What dosage would you suggest if I were to take it one month on/one month off?

#6 Dissolvedissolve

• 200 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:08 PM

I have heard this, but have not been taking it regularly long enough to establish a cycle that really works for me, so have kind of just been assessing how I feel day by day and taking it as needed. I have properly researched noopept and nootropics in general, but I still have some preconceptions about taking a drug every day (albeit one that is relatively benign) so that is where the 4-5 times a week comes in. What dosage would you suggest if I were to take it one month on/one month off?

The thing is that noopept may work largely due to its effects on NGF/BNDF, which specifically means that cycling is wise. With something like piracetam, cycling would be purely to avoid a tolerance. With noopept, the cycling also avoids downregulation of those neurotrophic factors. Because you want BDNF and NGF to be elevated for a while, I think one month on then one off works well, and five days on two off makes less sense.

I personally take 20 mg daily, but it's your choice. I believe in Russia the typical dosage is in the 10-30 mg range, but I am not entirely sure. I do not find the acute effects of noopept to be particularly nootropic, so I take the smallest dose possible. That said, now that I take it orally rather than sublingually, the acute effects are more mellow and sustained, and so perhaps I could get more benefits from a higher dose.
  • like x 1

#7 golden1

• 681 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:10 PM

There is only 1 russian study saying it has effects on ngf/bdnf. just btw;
  • Needs references x 1

#8 slomophobe

• Topic Starter
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:32 PM

The thing is that noopept may work largely due to its effects on NGF/BNDF, which specifically means that cycling is wise. With something like piracetam, cycling would be purely to avoid a tolerance. With noopept, the cycling also avoids downregulation of those neurotrophic factors. Because you want BDNF and NGF to be elevated for a while, I think one month on then one off works well, and five days on two off makes less sense.

I personally take 20 mg daily, but it's your choice. I believe in Russia the typical dosage is in the 10-30 mg range, but I am not entirely sure. I do not find the acute effects of noopept to be particularly nootropic, so I take the smallest dose possible. That said, now that I take it orally rather than sublingually, the acute effects are more mellow and sustained, and so perhaps I could get more benefits from a higher dose.

Thank you for the detailed explanation, I will certainly take that into consideration.

#9 Mr. Pink

• 226 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:24 AM

1 on 1 off has not been suggested by official info that comes with the prescription. here is the translated dosing info:

Dosing and Administration
Noopept ® is used inside, after the meal. Treatment begins with application of the drug at a dose of 20 mg, 10 mg distributed in two steps during the day (morning and afternoon). With the lack of effective therapies, and with good portability Noopepta ® drug dose increase to 30 mg (see «Cautions»), distributed to 10 mg for three reception during the day. Do not take the drug later than 18 hours. Running a course of treatment is 1.5 – 3 months. Repeat treatment if necessary, can be carried out after 1 month.

#10 Dissolvedissolve

• 200 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:50 AM

1 on 1 off has not been suggested by official info that comes with the prescription. here is the translated dosing info:
[snip]

My apologies in that case. It appears it is 1.5-3 months on, 1 off.

#11 tommix

• 49 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 September 2014 - 09:43 AM

Using this for 5 days now, apox. 40-50mg per day. So far having NO effects whatsoever. People here are just soo badly wanting effects that they feeling them mentally.. placebo.

At least those who feel effects fast after few tries.

I even taking it the way that is very universal... i take butter (nice good, healthy animal's fat) i take noopept powder..all this put under my tong. Wait for minute and swallow. So blaming how i take it -will not help you  :D

And im using my brains a lot, am programmer..and i see no difference in any field.

• Ill informed x 1

#12 Nneeoo

• 23 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:07 AM

Using this for 5 days now, apox. 40-50mg per day. So far having NO effects whatsoever. People here are just soo badly wanting effects that they feeling them mentally.. placebo.

I even taking it the way that is very universal... i take butter (nice good, healthy animal's fat) i take noopept powder..all this put under my tong. Wait for minute and swallow. So blaming how i take it -will not help you  :D

And im using my brains a lot, am programmer..and i see no difference in any field.

Noopept synthesized in China. Dealer bought it on alibaba . com

Original (Russian) Noopept have only tablet form.

#13 tommix

• 49 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:09 AM

NaCl is NaCl in whole world so what's the diference between two identical molecules? I think none. It's more wise to buy powder, then pills. Russians wants to much for them. Many here buys powder.

Russian pills may have some additional stuff maybe, but main ingredient should be the same.

Edited by tommix, 12 September 2014 - 10:11 AM.

#14 Nneeoo

• 23 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:30 AM

NaCl is NaCl in whole world so what's the diference between two identical molecules? I think none. It's more wise to buy powder, then pills. Russians wants to much for them. Many here buys powder.

Russian pills may have some additional stuff maybe, but main ingredient should be the same.

See all offers on alibaba (where dealers buy noopept, piracetam, ect powder) and check out formulas.

And you'll understant what i mean. Fabrication process, you know.

Also Russia have Ministry what can verify your drug.

Edited by Nneeoo, 12 September 2014 - 10:32 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#15 tommix

• 49 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 September 2014 - 10:37 AM

See all offers on alibaba (where dealers buy noopept, piracetam, ect powder) and check out formulas.

And you'll understant what i mean. Fabrication process, you know.

Also Russia have Ministry what can verify your drug.

will look thanks. But in other hand, russians is VERYwell known for fakes. I live near Russia we have russian TV and there is gazillion programs about counterfeit drugs :) Im just thiking why russians stooped licence in USA? maybe this formula is non worth it? :D

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users