←  Forum Issues

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

Adding The Ability To Post "Notes"...

Unregistered's Photo Unregistered 18 Aug 2013

Hi. I would like to see a "Notes" button near the post number. The "Notes/content" will only appear on the poster's posts(each of his/her post in a Topic).

- Each person can press the "Notes" button on his or her post and input whaterver information, that they wish to be seen by others.

- If someone presses the "Notes" button on another person's post, then a small window(with scroll bars, if needed) will appear with whatever information that was entered by the owner of that post.

- The window has a "close button" or simply click outside of it to close it.

- In that very window; the "Edit", "Apply" and "Delete" buttons, once the "Notes" button is pressed, also will be seen by the owner of that post.

- Ardently; what is posted in a Notes section in a certain Topic, will not be seen in another Topic.

This can be useful to give links or so. Instead of them being lost over time in a past post.

caliban's Photo caliban 22 Aug 2013

sorry, I think I fail to grasp the concept fully, but in any event I can't see it being implemented as there is no out-of-the-box solution.

Members can request to moderate (and edit) threads that they have started - I think that might address the issue behind this suggestion.