←  Mental Health

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

My History, please read and help

longcity90's Photo longcity90 02 Nov 2017

Hi, sorry for this bad english but i live in Italy and i use transalte, this is my history:

I've 27 years old.... As a child I was very active, i do not think so "ADHD" but in the next years more difficulty at school around from 10 to 20 years ( medium and superior school). I played footbal from 8 years old to 18 with good result but problems start at 14-15 when the pression for performance is very high with anxiety (Goolkeeper). i made many mistakes and trauma for me . in this year i take more drugs Unfortunately with no benefits because i'm not depressed. (SSRI , SRNI, Xnanax, Efexor, Zooloft...). The next BIG problems started at 22 years old. In this year for the first time try INTERMITTENT FASTING. Amazing benefits for my brain and body. In little time boost my mind (i think BDNF and NGF) and my body lose fat and build muscle with only body weight workout. Metabolism very fast...i'm really fine in this period, about 3 month. (no take any supplements andy diet with no restriction). After 3 month stopped this benefits. More Hypervigilance, brain fog, difficulty to focus when change thinking, and i think more before doing a thing . This problem is every day from 3 years 1f61e.png. No power on exercise and my face change totally. Metabolism go down, lose muscle and build fat. (and not is the calories the problems). When i find l-thenine greta benefits with nootpet. At the moment i use l-thenine , noopept, asweganda. Now my sympatethic system is more activate with fear. Great benefits for me with cold shower on my face and after for 2 hours about...but is temporally. Very sensible to sound and light improvvise. No have idea if my case is a problem to BDNF and NGF or PTSD but my life after intermittent fasting change totally...no empaty for people. I update the post with other details in the next days.

Mind_Paralysis's Photo Mind_Paralysis 02 Nov 2017

Hmm. All I can say, is that this doesn't sound like a mental health issue - it doesn't sound like you have neurological problems - sounds like something else... maybe hormonal, maybe something to do with your immune-system.

But, you mention how you were prescribed anxiolytics and antidepressants (SSRI's and Benzodiazepines) - tell us more about this... do you HAVE any proper diagnosis?

Have you actually been checked out by a trained, professional psychiatrist?

If so, what would your diagnosis be? (except for possibly performance anxiety)

Also, you mention ADHD - why did you mention this?

Is this a diagnosis you have been given?

Btw - are you sure you want to take advice from people whom speak English? This stuff with drugs... it's tricky business - we might misunderstand something when we talk, and that could honestly be dangerous... I, or someone else, could give you the wrong advice, which could end up making you even worse. Are there no Italian speaking forums about neuroscience and medical issues?

sponsored ad  

Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Mind_Paralysis's Photo Mind_Paralysis 02 Nov 2017

BTW - this might sound silly, but have you considered just quitting intermittent fasting? You could always go on a diet of resistant starch instead, for some, it gives similar benefits, but with a much more smooth blood-sugar and energy level.

Check it out here:

https://it.wikipedia...mido_resistente

The Italian article, is, admittedly, way, way too short though... But it should give you the basics.

The basics can be summed up like this: some starch is so hard to digest, that it takes such a long time, that the sugars are instead turned into FAT, a special fat, which then works just like sugar in the body, but with none of the negatives of sugar. The effect you get, is similar to being on a ketogenic diet, except less dramatic. (the fatty acids created are actually similar to the ketone-bodies the body makes out of fat when on ketogenic diet - LCHF.)

longcity90's Photo longcity90 03 Nov 2017

Hi, thanks for response, really appreciate.

I suppose ADHD because at school very difficulty to study and not focus, concentrate.

I do not finish a talk at the moment in my life...i think now ADD only is prevalent with hypervigilance.

For the psychiatrist, yes,i checked in the past and recent but now not use any drugs. Obviously with regular prescription.

I change more psychiatrist in this years but i assume the same drugs with little different dosage.

Last treatment i use for 6 month Brintellix (Vortioxetina) . Start at 5mg and finally at 15mg but big sides effects (nausea, vomit) and 1mg of Xanax prolonged release.

The escape mechanism had not changed in this 6 month. (Sympatic system active in normal situation of life). Anxiety with accelerate heart rate , heat in the face (i think blood pressure goes up).

Before this ultimate treatment is use Abilify for 3 month with Zooloft (start 50 and finally 100mg). Sincerely little benefits with Efexor but with sides.

At the moment, great benefits with L-thenine at 600-800mg days divide in 2 or 3 dose during the day, Cacao, Noopept (now 10mg in two dose) oral (powder). 

I take fish olio, multivit, and magnesium.

The sleep is not regular.

Hormonal problems i think no because blood panel is regular (Testosterone, Thyroid, Insulin, glycemic ecc). Regular exam is good.

Hmm. All I can say, is that this doesn't sound like a mental health issue - it doesn't sound like you have neurological problems - sounds like something else... maybe hormonal, maybe something to do with your immune-system.

But, you mention how you were prescribed anxiolytics and antidepressants (SSRI's and Benzodiazepines) - tell us more about this... do you HAVE any proper diagnosis?

Have you actually been checked out by a trained, professional psychiatrist?

If so, what would your diagnosis be? (except for possibly performance anxiety)

Also, you mention ADHD - why did you mention this?

Is this a diagnosis you have been given?

Btw - are you sure you want to take advice from people whom speak English? This stuff with drugs... it's tricky business - we might misunderstand something when we talk, and that could honestly be dangerous... I, or someone else, could give you the wrong advice, which could end up making you even worse. Are there no Italian speaking forums about neuroscience and medical issues?

Hi, thanks for response, really appreciate.

I suppose ADHD because at school very difficulty to study and not focus, concentrate.

I do not finish a talk at the moment in my life...i think now ADD only is prevalent with hypervigilance.

For the psychiatrist, yes,i checked in the past and recent but now not use any drugs. Obviously with regular prescription.

I change more psychiatrist in this years but i assume the same drugs with little different dosage.

Last treatment i use for 6 month Brintellix (Vortioxetina) . Start at 5mg and finally at 15mg but big sides effects (nausea, vomit) and 1mg of Xanax prolonged release.

The escape mechanism had not changed in this 6 month. (Sympatic system active in normal situation of life). Anxiety with accelerate heart rate , heat in the face (i think blood pressure goes up).

Before this ultimate treatment is use Abilify for 3 month with Zooloft (start 50 and finally 100mg). Sincerely little benefits with Efexor but with sides.

At the moment, great benefits with L-thenine at 600-800mg days divide in 2 or 3 dose during the day, Cacao, Noopept (now 10mg in two dose) oral (powder). 

I take fish olio, multivit, and magnesium.

The sleep is not regular.

Hormonal problems i think no because blood panel is regular (Testosterone, Thyroid, Insulin, glycemic ecc). Regular exam is good.

Edited by longcity90, 03 November 2017 - 10:48 AM.

Krocius's Photo Krocius 04 Nov 2017

I don’t believe that fasting caused some neurological changes in your brain. My opinion is that fasting just skewed up your thyroid/adrenal function, these organs are susceptible to hypocaloric diets and fasting. I experienced this by myself. Show all labs that you have to figure this out. Your physician could interpreted your labs not correctly.
Edited by Krocius, 04 November 2017 - 08:51 PM.

sponsored ad  

Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

longcity90's Photo longcity90 10 Nov 2017

i'm confused, more years of SSRI, SNRI, Antipxicotic, anxiolitic with not effect. I take noopet for the first time and in 30" my problem solved. So, where is the real problem on my brain?