* * * * * 1 votes

Trivastal/Piribedil Trial

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#1 dacfan27

• 5 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:11 PM

Hi folks,

After years of dysthymia I deciced to try Trivastal Retard(Piribedil). I´ll test the drug at 50mg/day (...and perhaps later upper the dose to 100mg/day).
I´ve read a few posts about this drug and I´m really curious, if it can improve my mood, motivation, libido and overall well-being.

MOOD: I feel usually down, I often don´t fell like it.
MOTIVATION: I often don´think I´ll bother
ANHEDONIA: Who cares attitude
LIBIDO: No interest

See you tomorrow. First dose after breakfast.

Edited by dacfan27, 11 April 2010 - 06:10 PM.

#2 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 11 April 2010 - 05:16 PM

Trivastal worked great for anhedonia, but the time released version stopped working around 6 o clock every evening.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 02:01 AM

Very curious to hear how it works for you. Have you tried any other dopaminergics?

Medievil: do you feel like it might have any potential for attention or motivation applications? Maybe less so without D1...

Edited by chrono, 12 April 2010 - 02:03 AM.

#4 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 April 2010 - 08:59 AM

Trivastal worked great for anhedonia, but the time released version stopped working around 6 o clock every evening.

When you say it stopped working Medievil do you mean stopped altogether? So the time released version you wouldn't recommend?

This drug sounds quite interesting. I don't think the long term gains are in the same league as Pramipexole but that drug is a total no-goer for me due to the horrendous sides. If I had 4-6 weeks of no work then I'd be willing to give it a shot but unfortunately that's not realistic for me.

#5 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 09:17 AM

Very curious to hear how it works for you. Have you tried any other dopaminergics?

Medievil: do you feel like it might have any potential for attention or motivation applications? Maybe less so without D1...

Yes, mostly because its also a α2-adrenergic antagonist wich increases NE and counteracts any sedation caused by D2 agonism, its also only a partional D2/D3 agonist and a D4 antagonist. It is markedly differend from pramipexole and much "friendlier". Ive never experienced any nausia from it or sedation.

Overall, id say trivastal is a much better agent for allertness/anhedonia/energy then pramipexole if those are the only reasons for taking the drug.

@Thorsten
I havent tried redosing, but i gues it would just kick in again. I do recommend the time released version as with the normal version youd be redosing alot more during the day.

Indeed, trivastal has been shown to improve cognition in healthy adults.

Psychomotor and cognitive effects of piribedil,
a dopamine agonist, in young healthy volunteers
by
Schuck S, Bentue-Ferrer D, Kleinermans D,
Reymann JM, Polard E, Gandon JM, Allain H.
Laboratoire de Pharmacologie Experimentale et Clinique,
Universite de Rennes I - Faculte de Medecine,
CS 34317, 35 043 Rennes cedex, France.
Fundam Clin Pharmacol. 2002 Feb;16(1):57-65

ABSTRACT

Piribedil is a dopamine agonist acting on D2 and D3 central nervous system dopamine receptors. This drug has been administered to 12 young healthy male volunteers (age 22 +/- 2 years) according to a single center randomized, double-blind, two ways cross-over, placebo controlled trial, including a washout period of one week. Placebo and piribedil were administered by a single intravenous infusion over 2 h (3 mg). Psychomotor performance and cognitive functions were assessed through a standardized and computerized psychometric tests battery and a continuous electroencephalogram (EEG) mapping. Piribedil improved simple reaction time (P=0.02), immediate (P=0.045 and 0.004), and delayed free recall (P=0.05), dual coding test (P=0.02) and increased theta and fast beta waves on the EEG (P < 0.05 and 0.001, respectively). No deleterious effect was observed on the tests exploring attention and concentration via the other procedures. It is concluded that a single intravenous perfusion of piribedil 3 mg improves alertness and the information processing speed within the central nervous system, in healthy volunteers.

Edited by medievil, 12 April 2010 - 09:21 AM.

#6 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 April 2010 - 10:47 AM

Yes, mostly because its also a α2-adrenergic antagonist wich increases NE and counteracts any sedation caused by D2 agonism, its also only a partional D2/D3 agonist and a D4 antagonist. It is markedly differend from pramipexole and much "friendlier". Ive never experienced any nausia from it or sedation.

Overall, id say trivastal is a much better agent for allertness/anhedonia/energy then pramipexole if those are the only reasons for taking the drug.

@Thorsten
I havent tried redosing, but i gues it would just kick in again. I do recommend the time released version as with the normal version youd be redosing alot more during the day.

Indeed, trivastal has been shown to improve cognition in healthy adults.

Psychomotor and cognitive effects of piribedil,
a dopamine agonist, in young healthy volunteers
by
Schuck S, Bentue-Ferrer D, Kleinermans D,
Reymann JM, Polard E, Gandon JM, Allain H.
Laboratoire de Pharmacologie Experimentale et Clinique,
Universite de Rennes I - Faculte de Medecine,
CS 34317, 35 043 Rennes cedex, France.
Fundam Clin Pharmacol. 2002 Feb;16(1):57-65

ABSTRACT

Piribedil is a dopamine agonist acting on D2 and D3 central nervous system dopamine receptors. This drug has been administered to 12 young healthy male volunteers (age 22 +/- 2 years) according to a single center randomized, double-blind, two ways cross-over, placebo controlled trial, including a washout period of one week. Placebo and piribedil were administered by a single intravenous infusion over 2 h (3 mg). Psychomotor performance and cognitive functions were assessed through a standardized and computerized psychometric tests battery and a continuous electroencephalogram (EEG) mapping. Piribedil improved simple reaction time (P=0.02), immediate (P=0.045 and 0.004), and delayed free recall (P=0.05), dual coding test (P=0.02) and increased theta and fast beta waves on the EEG (P < 0.05 and 0.001, respectively). No deleterious effect was observed on the tests exploring attention and concentration via the other procedures. It is concluded that a single intravenous perfusion of piribedil 3 mg improves alertness and the information processing speed within the central nervous system, in healthy volunteers.

Cool I am quite curious about this. As always though the only thing that would prevent me from taking this stuff would be scary stories of long term use. So far I am not aware of any....So at this present moment I still view this drug as quite promising!
So far after being on Memantine I have noticed I am far more productive and I am seeking things that are benficial to me. Even if Memantine's d2 antagonism isn't that pronounced it is arousing something in me with regards to these 'reward seeking' behaviours. It is something I would like to experiment further. When you feel good like this you feel like you can actually achieve instead of wasting your time on meaningless crap.

To the OP please do share your ongoing experiences ;)

Edited by Thorsten, 12 April 2010 - 10:49 AM.

#7 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 12:34 PM

Yeah i'm guessing trivastal would go very well with memantine, i havent tried both at the same time yet but this combo looks promosing.

#8 JournalistNoBooks

• 7 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 01:04 PM

Medievil or Thorsten,

Would either of you be willing to answer a few questions about the side effects you experience when you take these drugs, i.e. nootropics?

I'm doing some research into study drugs as part of college work.

Your help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Ben ;)

Edited by JournalistNoBooks, 12 April 2010 - 01:05 PM.

#9 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 April 2010 - 01:16 PM

Medievil or Thorsten,

Would either of you be willing to answer a few questions about the side effects you experience when you take these drugs, i.e. nootropics?

Cheers,

Ben ;)

Hi yes I can PM you. Im not an expert but have taken noots for the past year or so.

#10 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 01:48 PM

Be free to ask me anything you want, i dont have much experience with noots tough, ive only taken trivastal and piracetam.

#11 dacfan27

• Topic Starter
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:10 PM

DAY 1: Took my fist 50mg dose after breakfast.

What you really need to know is that I´m a full time teacher, so cognitive effects are very easy to evaluate.

Otherwise, nothing special to say. It´s just the first day after all. I don´t want to fool you with some kind of placebo effect.

See you tomorrow!

#12 tjcbs

• 155 posts

Posted 12 April 2010 - 07:50 PM

Trivastal makes me VERY depressed for a few hours. I definitely think its full name is accurate.

#13 dacfan27

• Topic Starter
  • 5 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 12:31 PM

It is all right for me so far. No side effects at all....although no real effects yet. ;)

#14 JournalistNoBooks

• 7 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:19 PM

Hi yes I can PM you. Im not an expert but have taken noots for the past year or so.
[/quote]

Thanks for agreeing to do this. I'm really just after some opinion.

What type of nootropics/study drugs have you taken?

What effect have they had on you?

Why did you take them in the first place?

Why do you continue to take them?

Do you ever feel any sense of guilt in taking them?

Thanks for your time and cooperation.

Also, can I use you're real name or would you prefer to be kept anonymous?

Ben

#15 JournalistNoBooks

• 7 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:27 PM

Medievil or Thorsten,

Cheers,

Ben ;)

Thanks for doing this.

What kind of drugs do you take?

Why did you start taking them in the first place?

What type of effect have they had on you? Would you say they improve your concentration?

Do you feel any guilt in taking these drugs?

Can I use your name in my research on would you prefer to stay anonymous?

Thanks again,

Ben

#16 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 01:42 PM

Thanks for doing this.

Use the "send message" function please, this isn't relevant to this thread.

#17 JournalistNoBooks

• 7 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 02:17 PM

Thanks for doing this.

Use the "send message" function please, this isn't relevant to this thread.

Apologies I didn't realise you could send messages. I am new to this site!

#18 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 13 April 2010 - 07:58 PM

It is all right for me so far. No side effects at all....although no real effects yet. ;)

Keep us posted dacfan27

:)

#19 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 April 2010 - 04:43 PM

Keep us posted dacfan27

Just out of interest was there any reason as to why somebody would choose trivastal over the other agonists like Ropinirole? Trivastal isn't cheap from what I've been able to find where as requip seems to be much more affordable...Or does Trivastal have the best side effect profile? Prami isn't something I can even consider due to the severity of the sides.

#20 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:00 PM

Keep us posted dacfan27

Just out of interest was there any reason as to why somebody would choose trivastal over the other agonists like Ropinirole? Trivastal isn't cheap from what I've been able to find where as requip seems to be much more affordable...Or does Trivastal have the best side effect profile? Prami isn't something I can even consider due to the severity of the sides.

Ropinorole is a full agonist like prami and has the same side effects, trivastal is the only one that doesnt cause nausia or sedation.

#21 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:12 PM

Keep us posted dacfan27

Ropinorole is a full agonist like prami and has the same side effects, trivastal is the only one that doesnt cause nausia or sedation.

Ah cool that's what I thought...That lack of sedation is probably quite a beneficial thing considering how bad the sides can be for prami/ropi...So although more expensive it probably would be a better choice in that respect.

Medievil / Dacfan27 I have sent you a question regarding potential sources for Trivastal

#22 JournalistNoBooks

• 7 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 06:23 PM

Keep us posted dacfan27

Please check your inbox. Thanks.

#23 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 07:41 PM

Keep us posted dacfan27

Ah cool that's what I thought...That lack of sedation is probably quite a beneficial thing considering how bad the sides can be for prami/ropi...So although more expensive it probably would be a better choice in that respect.

Medievil / Dacfan27 I have sent you a question regarding potential sources for Trivastal

Ive even tried trivastal in acute high doses (4 times the normal dose) didnt experience any anoying side effects at all.

#24 dacfan27

• Topic Starter
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 April 2010 - 08:12 PM

DAY 3:

I´m slowly starting to feel the benefits at 50mg/day.
So far a bit more self confident, more talkative and less anxious.

#25 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:15 AM

I came across this paper in another thread. Someone implied that a single dose improved their reaction time while playing video games. I'd be very interested to hear what those who have taken it think of this.

Psychomotor and cognitive effects of piribedil, a dopamine agonist, in young healthy volunteers.

Edited by chrono, 15 April 2010 - 12:54 AM.

#26 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:44 AM

I agree whit that study, acute doses work to improve cognition.

#27 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 12:55 AM

ha, you posted that at the top of this thread too. Sorry, it's early here. Would still be interested in hearing about this in single-use application vs. the more long term benefit dacfan is hoping for.

medievil, what kind of (oral) dose do you think would be useful for this kind of acute effect?

#28 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 01:04 AM

I'm not sure, ive tried higher doses but those were with the time released version, with a single 50mg dose of the time released version you could expect a increase in reaction time, i havent really "tested" the higher doses to see wheter they were better.

#29 JournalistNoBooks

• 7 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 08:55 AM

Keep us posted dacfan27

;)

Thanks to Medievil and Thorsten for answering my questions. Chrono- I clicked send message but it kept coming up "error" so this was the only way I could reply.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 April 2010 - 06:24 PM

Are d2/d3 agonists generally neuroprotective? I know Pramipexole is but know little about Trivastal

I would just like to say that they really didn't do their research when trying to come up with a cool name for this med. Trivastal RETARD is not a cool name LOL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users