Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Trivastal/Piribedil Trial

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#31 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 15 April 2010 - 06:50 PM

Are d2/d3 agonists generally neuroprotective? I know Pramipexole is but know little about Trivastal

I would just like to say that they really didn't do their research when trying to come up with a cool name for this med. Trivastal RETARD is not a cool name LOL

lol, I know, everyone says that but its true. When you aren't a native English speaker, I guess "retard" seems like a good synonym for "delay"...

#32 dacfan27

• Topic Starter
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 April 2010 - 03:48 PM

DAY 5: Nothing much to say

....On one hand, everything is fine...no side effects.

On the other hand, the effects are at 50mg/day quite subtle. However, one thing is noticable. It makes me more relaxed and more self-confident.

Nothing else to report. From Monday I´ll try to upper the daily dose up to 2x50mg(morning and evening dose).

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Presence

• 5 posts

Posted 24 September 2010 - 08:27 PM

DAY 5: Nothing much to say

....On one hand, everything is fine...no side effects.

On the other hand, the effects are at 50mg/day quite subtle. However, one thing is noticable. It makes me more relaxed and more self-confident.

Nothing else to report. From Monday I´ll try to upper the daily dose up to 2x50mg(morning and evening dose).

Its been few months now, so what's your latest update on Trivastal? I am considering to start taking it for increasing mental energy level - did you experience any results on that end?

#34 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 October 2012 - 10:18 AM

Bumpedy bump..

If anyone tries Trivastal and is totally put off by the stimulation, then you can use agents such as these below to totally kill the anxiogenic aspect of it:

a) NAC (reduces synaptic glutamate). It also works at calming the anxiogenic aspects of other types of DAergic compounds such as Deprenyl, Modafinil or Mucuna, IME)

b) Afobazol (sigma1 agonist)... Works a treat for me. I notice obliteration of all types of anxiogenic feelings on the first dose, but suppose I'm lucky in that respect.

c) Pregnenolone (sigma1 agonist). Anxiolytic in my experience. Dosage is important. Due to modulation of glutamate, serotonin and dopamine, this'll restore GABA functioning and might explain how it operates indirectly as a GABA-A agonist.

The others I would have inuded would be lithium orotate, GABAergics (tiagabine, lyrica, gabapentin). Stay away from Phenibut.

This is the only way I can tolerate Trivastal, otherwise it makes me anxious as hell!

Edited by Thorsten2, 20 October 2012 - 10:20 AM.

#35 FunkOdyssey

• 3,443 posts

Posted 23 October 2012 - 11:05 PM

Can you elaborate on your experience with trivastal Thorsten? Duration of your trial, dosage, observed benefits / side effects, etc?

#36 bugasman

• 54 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 08:05 PM

Hey Thorsten2 in what way Trivastal is anxiogenic? Because I thought that alpha 2 antagonists were anxiolytics. Did it made you lethargic, sleepy?

#37 NeuroNootropic

• 239 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 04:41 AM

Any updates? What happened to dacfan27?

Is anyone else taking this or another dopamine agonist, like Mirapex or Requip?

#38 spermidine

• 191 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 05:56 AM

^ i second this curiosity
  • like x 1

#39 Animal

• 689 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 08:24 AM

I have trialled both Trivastal and Mirapex separately for extended periods of time in the past.

I found Trivastal to be intolerable when combined with even minimal (50mg) dosages of Modafinil; which was a big factor in me discontinuing it. Despite this I did continue to take the Trivastal on it's own at a dosage of 100mg/day for 6 weeks but found it to have minimal positive effects while eliciting a general feeling of agitation.

Mirapex on the other hand I had an extremely positive experience with when I took it for approximately 9 months in 2011. It's effect on my social dynamic was especially pronounced. Unfortunately I stopped taking it for various reasons which turned out to be unrelated to the drug itself. When I trialled it again earlier this year I was unable to tolerate the side-effects for long enough to get past the adaptation phase.

#40 NeuroNootropic

• 239 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 07:09 PM

I have trialled both Trivastal and Mirapex separately for extended periods of time in the past.

I found Trivastal to be intolerable when combined with even minimal (50mg) dosages of Modafinil; which was a big factor in me discontinuing it. Despite this I did continue to take the Trivastal on it's own at a dosage of 100mg/day for 6 weeks but found it to have minimal positive effects while eliciting a general feeling of agitation.

Mirapex on the other hand I had an extremely positive experience with when I took it for approximately 9 months in 2011. It's effect on my social dynamic was especially pronounced. Unfortunately I stopped taking it for various reasons which turned out to be unrelated to the drug itself. When I trialled it again earlier this year I was unable to tolerate the side-effects for long enough to get past the adaptation phase.

Animal, can you please go into more detail with your experience with mirapex. What kind of positive effects did you experience? Any changes in your mood, drive/motivation, learning and memory, or anhedonia?

What was the dosage you took and was it extended release? Any issues withdrawing from it?

There are some bad experiences with mirapex on the web, with people having severe anhedonia and apathy upon withdrawal. Did you get any of that?

What kind of side-effects are we talking about here?

#41 spermidine

• 191 posts

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:15 PM

i was also curious about requip. it is being clamed similar to mirapex in many ways but who knows
  • like x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#42 Chanterix

• 18 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 January 2014 - 05:21 AM

Any updates on Piribedil?

I have always been interested in something to raise libido

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users