←  Aging Theories

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

Maxium Life span

Eternal Life's Photo Eternal Life 07 Feb 2008

Can some one tell me the patteren on the mean lifespan through out human histroy; I wanted to predict how long i can live XD.
Moreoever is it possbile to increase maximum lifespan? Discuss

Johan's Photo Johan 07 Feb 2008

Wikipedia on human lifespan throughout history

Also, calorie restriction is the only thing I know of that is capable of extending maximum life span.
Though with SENS therapies I expect that to change in the future ;)
Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

wervolf's Photo wervolf 28 Jul 2008

Also, calorie restriction is the only thing I know of that is capable of extending maximum life span.
Though with SENS therapies I expect that to change in the future ;)

Do you really think that it can prolong life?

forever freedom's Photo forever freedom 28 Jul 2008

Though with SENS therapies I expect that to change in the future :)

Do you really think that it can prolong life?

Why not?
Click HERE to rent this BIOSCIENCE adspot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

Mind's Photo Mind 28 Jul 2008

SENS address all of the known types of damage that occur in the body as we age. These things might not be the entire story, but cleaning up/repairing the damage is a great start. So yes, I think SENS can prolong human life. Do you have an argument that explains why a successful SENS program/therapy would not increase maximum lifespan?