←  Exercise

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

Jaw size.

Decro435's Photo Decro435 21 Feb 2010

Is there any way I could increase my jaw size?. I would love to have a more profound jaw, I believe it is a sign of masculinity.

But, is it actually possible to increase jaw size?, will exercising certain muscles create a more defined jaw line?.

Thanks.

Blue's Photo Blue 21 Feb 2010

A beard is the traditional solution. A shaved scalp will increase the contrast to the rest of the head and make the beard look more prominent.

sponsored ad  

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for EXERCISE to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

NickCage's Photo NickCage 21 Feb 2010

Human growth hormone, testosterone, testosterone transdermal gel or DHT gel applied directly to the jaw....I know prolonged growth hormone excess thickens the bones of the jaw

M4Y0U's Photo M4Y0U 21 Feb 2010

uppercuts

lunarsolarpower's Photo lunarsolarpower 22 Feb 2010

Exercising isn't going to do it for you. If you're fairly young - 12 years old or younger a functional orthopedic appliance made by an orthodontist might be able to help. After that you're looking a surgical solution such as a bilateral sagittal split osteotomy (sliding the lower portion of the jaw including all the teeth forward) possibly with a genioplasty (sliding just the tip of the chin forward). Here's a great overview of what is possible. Often times medical insurance will cover the BSSO if there is a functional deficit. However the genioplasty is likely to be considered elective and will almost always have to be paid out of pocket.

Ben's Photo Ben 22 Feb 2010

Growth hormone and androgens. Both of which you can increase through exercise, though, from my experience this exercise should be done when young. Look at children who come out of sports mad families. Even if their parents are weak looking, they're always strong jawed and large boned in general. I postulate that it's all the excellent hormones they had the benefit of by being brought up the right way: lots of sport, preferably footy.

Sebastian's Photo Sebastian 22 Feb 2010

uppercuts

hahahaha

trying to deep throat a missile?

TheFountain's Photo TheFountain 22 Feb 2010

A beard is the traditional solution. A shaved scalp will increase the contrast to the rest of the head and make the beard look more prominent.

lol

Don't forget to make a manly face!

Posted Image
Edited by TheFountain, 22 February 2010 - 06:06 PM.

TheFountain's Photo TheFountain 22 Feb 2010

Human growth hormone, testosterone, testosterone transdermal gel or DHT gel applied directly to the jaw....I know prolonged growth hormone excess thickens the bones of the jaw

Actually DHT can make the entire lower jaw grow, not just the chin. This could give a very aesthetically unpleasing squarish/oldish appearance.
Edited by TheFountain, 22 February 2010 - 08:11 PM.

VidX's Photo VidX 22 Feb 2010

Actually DHT can make the entire lower jaw grow, not just the chin.

Seriously? More details on this?

Just out of curiousity.

TheFountain's Photo TheFountain 23 Feb 2010

Actually DHT can make the entire lower jaw grow, not just the chin.

Seriously? More details on this?

Just out of curiousity.

Why of course. Here you go.

And a picture (although I think the '54' year old image looks closer to 74).

Posted Image

JLL's Photo JLL 23 Feb 2010

It doesn't say anything about DHT.

eternaltraveler's Photo eternaltraveler 26 Feb 2010

I've removed a few posts. Keep it civil

Ben's Photo Ben 26 Feb 2010

I've removed a few posts. Keep it civil

You seem to have removed the wrong ones.

VidX's Photo VidX 28 Feb 2010

Well I wouldn't really worry about a square jaw if the rest is in harmony

i.e.: Posted Image

I just was surprised about DHT (so is that really true?) and overal surprised that lower jaw continues growing at all as bones seems to stop growing when the "plates" are closet at the end of the puberty.

chris w's Photo chris w 28 Apr 2010

Actually DHT can make the entire lower jaw grow, not just the chin. This could give a very aesthetically unpleasing squarish/oldish appearance.

So if somebody is popping DHT suppressors, then his jaw will ... what ?

sentrysnipe's Photo sentrysnipe 28 Apr 2010

nothing. let's safely assume your plates are already closed, since somebody is taking 5-ARi's and doing so during puberty is a big no no.

sponsored ad  

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for EXERCISE to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

VidX's Photo VidX 28 Apr 2010

nothing. let's safely assume your plates are already closed, since somebody is taking 5-ARi's and doing so during puberty is a big no no.

I've red somewhere that that "plates" thing doesn't really apply to face. Actually facial bones may enlarge/decrease/change shape if the stimulus is applied, like the one with an apparatus to relocate your teeth or change the shape of a "ridge" your teeth forms naturally..
Oh, and when you look at some of the professional bb'ers, who are on a high doses of hormones - some of them has quite an interesting changes in head/jaw/overall face size lol...