←  Medicine & Diseases

LONGECITY

The above is an ad! Advertisements help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.
»

Low level of neurotransmitters?

Divien's Photo Divien 05 Jan 2012

Hi there, I'm in need of your opinions/expertise. I have lost hope in doctors since they haven't been of use at all.

Starting from the beginning, I've always been kind of quiet and all so others haven't noticed when I was starting to be unable to focus on schoolwork and I spent most of my time daydreaming, I sometimes didn't even notice starting to daydream until I came out of it.

I know that at one point I definitely had zinc deficiency since white dots had appeared on my fingernails and warts appeared on my fingers, both disappeared after supplementation of zinc.

I haven't been able to enjoy the things I used to, like coding, and I can't seem to start any projects, I just start and I lose interest in it in 5 minutes. Since then the daydreaming has stopped and I don't notice any haze-like state anymore but I don't have any motivation and it's still a bit hard to stay focused. Recently I also have noticed occasional sexual anhedonia.

I've been to two psychiatrists aswell, the first one suspected depression. She prescribed amisuplride, which had no effect except the first time I took it I grinned at myself in the mirror for 5 minutes, which had might aswell a placebo. Few weeks after she prescribed sertraline, which had no effect on me and switched it to venlafaxine, which also didn't seem to work.

The second one suspected ADHD and I got prescribed for Concerta (methylphenidate), this had a very, and I do mean very, mild effect on me on the first day and no apparent effects could be felt after.

Now I don't even feel the effects of alcohol except for slight disorientation, it used to make me more social and hyper but now I still stay in my shell. I recently ordered l-tyrosine from Smart Powders and even that doesn't provide anything except losing the tired feeling when I wake up in the morning.

I would be really grateful if anyone had any advice or could point me in the right direction.

MrHappy's Photo MrHappy 08 Jan 2012

Diet, methylation, etc.

Try this thread in nootropics:
http://www.longecity...ne-uridine-dha/

sponsored ad  

Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).