Photo
- - - - -

Vitacost?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 unbreakable

• 313 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 06:08 AM

Vitacost has a 4,32/5 rating @ pricegrabber.com! Exist real facts that this company is bad, that their products are all toxic or something like that? ;) They have a very huge selection and extremely good prices.

Edited by unbreakable, 04 March 2009 - 06:09 AM.

#2 senseix

• 250 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 07:58 AM

From some of the reviews i've seen, i would not order from there, but i'm sure other members would so you will have to decide.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 4eva

• 426 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 08:35 AM

They have a very huge selection and extremely good prices.

I think Swanson's prices are better. Vitacost may some things that Swanson doesn't have.

I used to order from Vitacost. I didn't have a problem with their products being old, sour, etc. I had a problem with shipping and their customer service wasn't that responsive. I started ordering from Swanson after that problem with Vitacost so I haven't ordered from Vitacost since then and don't plan to in the future.

I don't think Vitacost has the best prices.

#4 unbreakable

• Topic Starter
  • 313 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 12:25 PM

I always wanted to order from iHerb, but as I live in Austria I can just order packages up to 3 lbs ;). Swanson looks incredible great, does anybody know if they have problems with international shippings (to Europe). I don't want to order DHEA or something like that, just "normal" stuff. :p

#5 buck1s

• 86 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 03:25 PM

I order from vitacost sometimes. I don't buy NSI branded items, but they carry Carlson, Jarrow, and other brands I use at prices that are comparable or sometimes lower than iHerb. There used to be 5% off coupon code you could find on the web, but I think they don't use those any longer. I usually compare prices at iHerb and Vitacost and then decide.

#6 unbreakable

• Topic Starter
  • 313 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 03:45 PM

This coupon code will give you -5% off all items from Vitacost: PD93MWB6 ;)

#7 4eva

• 426 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 04:36 PM

I always wanted to order from iHerb, but as I live in Austria I can just order packages up to 3 lbs. Swanson looks incredible great, does anybody know if they have problems with international shippings (to Europe). I don't want to order DHEA or something like that, just "normal" stuff. ;)

I don't know anything about international shipping.

Another site like Swanson in terms of price is Puritan's Pride. They have a different website for European orders.

www.hollandandbarrett.com

If you would like to place an order by phone, please use their orderline 0870 606 6605 (lines open 8:30am - 8:30pm weekdays, 9:00am - 5:00pm Saturday, calls charged at National Call Rate).

I happen to prefer Swanson but use Puritan's Pride if Swanson doesn't have a product (in stock and I don't want to wait). Puritan is known for their buy 2 get 3 free deals. Swanson has a premium line and some organic food items (nuts and dried and freeze dried fruit). Puritan doesn't have a premium line or any organic food items. PP seems to have a rewards program.

I will order those hard-to-find items (not available at Swanson or PP) from iHerb. iherb has a good selection and a rewards program. But for basic supplements I don't think iHerb can match Swanson's prices.

#8 Brews

• 5 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:09 PM

Can anyone add some insight as to why they think Vitacost is so bad? I have ordered from them a few times and didn't seem to have any problems. I've tried searching, but most just say stay away from them.

So, their products are old and bad?

#9 immortali457

• 480 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 10:17 PM

Can anyone add some insight as to why they think Vitacost is so bad? I have ordered from them a few times and didn't seem to have any problems. I've tried searching, but most just say stay away from them.

So, their products are old and bad?

I've bought from them many times. Their products are quality as far as I'm concerned. Their NSI brand is extremely well priced. Especially the K2 and Co-Q10.

Edited by immortali457, 04 March 2009 - 10:18 PM.

#10 4eva

• 426 posts

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:49 PM

One bad (Vitacost) review claimed some supplement was bad. All the other negative reviews seemed to be about customer service problems.

#11 sdxl

• 391 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 01:12 AM

Most of the Vitacost complains are from Shopping Essentials charging peoples credit cards, see for yourself at ripoffreport.com. Unbreakable, doesn't iHerb offer you other carriers besides USPS? And what is so bad with a 3 lbs. limit?

#12 Gerald W. Gaston

• 529 posts

Posted 05 March 2009 - 01:26 AM

I use Swansons and Vitacost primarily... with iHerb and a few every so often. I've had no issues with Vitacost except once they shorted me a bottle. But a quick call had it on the way. They usually have very quick delivery too. I only use 2 NSI labeled products though, the rest are Source Naturals, Jarrow, and the like.

#13 jessicantique

• 104 posts

Posted 10 April 2009 - 11:13 AM

i just read this from their website, does that mean the NSI brand is now/or will be gmps certified? or is there something i didn't read carefully between the lines?

http://www.vitacost....y/Manufacturing

#14 James186282

• 9 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 03:01 AM

For what its worth I use Vitacost mostly due to price. I've never had a problem. I AM concerned of course that what I order be correct. However its very difficult (in the USA at least) to know for sure that the vitamines you buy are what you get.

#15 KimberCT

• 472 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 11:43 AM

i just read this from their website, does that mean the NSI brand is now/or will be gmps certified? or is there something i didn't read carefully between the lines?

http://www.vitacost....y/Manufacturing

I hate to bump an old thread, but I've been shopping at Vitacost for awhile.  I too tended to avoid the NSI brand thinking they were mostly manufactured in China.

Does anyone know anything about their move to manufacture everything in NC?

#16 notlupus

• 161 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 01:55 PM

No idea on vitacost, I normally order from vitaglo because the free shipping makes it cheaper.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#17 Johann

• 372 posts

Posted 01 July 2009 - 02:16 PM

I've had nothing but good service and product from Vitacost. A safe estimate would be that my supplement budget has been reduced by at least half by buying the larger quantities from Vitacost. I get everything from ALCAR to Grape Seed Extract to Phosphatidylserine there. I only wish they carried Idebenone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users