• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
- - - - -

Demonstration for Radical Life Extension - Tel Aviv, January 13

life extension activism

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 ilia

• Guest, Moderator
  • 614 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 02:33 PM

Dear Friends,

In December 2011, there appeared the first issue of the Journal “Let us From Now On” – the only journal in Israel that is dedicated to the promotion of unlimited life-extension.

On Friday afternoon, January 13, 02012, at 12.00 AM, the journal, in cooperation with the Israeli Transhumanist community, will hold a demonstration next to the Trumpeldor Cemetery at the center of Tel Aviv, Against Deathism and For Life-extension.

On the same day, at 21.30 PM, we will launch the first issue of the journal at the Milk Club, at Rothschild Street 6, Tel Aviv.

We believe that radical life extension means radical life affirmation, and conversely, that the affirmation of life means the end of death. We, the living community of Israel, believe in the power of modern art and science to affirm life. We believe that there are no grounds for inter-personal or inter-national conflicts among the living. All the living have the same interest: Radical Life Extension.

We invite you to support and take part in this demonstration, which will be the second demonstration of its kind in the world (a similar demonstration for radical life extension took place in Moscow on September, 2011, organized by the Russian Transhumanist Movement.)

Speakers: Jeremy Fogel, Gabriel Moked, Ido Keinan, Oded Carmeli, Sheli Chen, Michal Zecharia, Reuel Shuali, Ilia Stambler, Jonathan Levy, Yoav Ezra and Amir Menshahoff.

In solidarity with the cause of radical life extension!

The Editorial Board of “Let Us from Now On”

HavaLeHaba@gmail.com
www.HavaLeHaba.com

Facebook Event

http://www.facebook....76066649116422/

More details (in Hebrew and English), including the full demands of the demonstration, the journal manifesto and venue updates, can be found
at the site of Humanity + Israel:

www.singulariut.com

#2 Droplet

• Life Member, Advisor Honorary Advisor
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:22 PM

Wow, there actually ARE such demonstrations! :cool: Good luck to you all and I hope you get oodles of publicity. :)

Edited by Droplet, 04 January 2012 - 04:23 PM.

#3 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,981 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 09:30 PM

Great work getting this organized Ilia. I hope there is good publicity by starting the event at a cemetery. It should provide a stark reminder of what we are fighting against.

I don't sit around on Facebook and "like" things all the time but this is one event I did "like", or at least I tried to. I went to the http://www.singulariut.com/ page and tried to "like" the event. But I am not sure if it worked. I went to the facebook page and joined, not realizing that it would indicate that I will be attending the event. Unfortunately I will not be able to make it on short notice, but I will be there in spirit.

Help spread the word!

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 ilia

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 614 posts

Posted 05 January 2012 - 07:06 AM

Dear Mind,

Thank you very much for your support!

I am truly proud of it, as our group started in the interactions at ImmInst fora.
At our resulting first meeting about 5 years ago there were about 5 people.
And now there is this public demonstration and additional events are planned ahead.

The way it is going we might be running for Knesset soon :)

Thanks again for your support!
Ilia
  • like x 1

#5 Mind

• 18,981 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 07:57 PM

For all those who cannot attend, could you please give us a brief summary of the event after it is done. Let us know if the audience was receptive. It will be interesting to know what type of discussions were happening.
  • like x 1

#6 ilia

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 614 posts

Posted 11 January 2012 - 08:17 PM

Will be happy to give a full report, with pictures, perhaps also videos. Looking forward to the event. And thanks again for your support! ilia
  • like x 2

#7 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 06:47 AM

Will be happy to give a full report, with pictures, perhaps also videos. Looking forward to the event. And thanks again for your support! ilia

Please do. I'll really look forward to it. :)

#8 AgeVivo

• Guest, Engineer
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 13 January 2012 - 10:01 PM

You have a "radical" way of saying it but yes, despite all troubles life is beautiful
and longer and longer, and healthier and healthier lives is great for all

Wishing you great success!

#9 ilia

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 614 posts

Posted 14 January 2012 - 06:30 AM

Thanks guys,

Just an update: Due to the heavy rain yesterday, the demonstration was postponed until next Friday (which only promises to increase the participation). Hope to report back soon and looking forward to the event! Thank you for your support!

http://www.facebook....76066649116422/

Ilia
  • like x 2

#10 ilia

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 614 posts

Posted 21 January 2012 - 07:13 AM

Dear Friends,

Just a little update. The demonstration was successful. Though, not many people attended, about 30. Still, this is a start. There will be coverage in several newspapers and tv channels. So the fact that the topic of radical life extension will be raised here for the first time is already a great achievement. An even greater achievement is to see the support and solidarity of the international Transhumanist and life-extensionist community! On Sunday we are planning an additional event, after which I hope to publish a more detailed report, hopefully, including videos.

Thank you very much again for your support!
Ilia
  • like x 1

#11 ilia

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, Moderator
  • 614 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:25 PM

Dear friends,
I am happy to report that a series of activist events for radical life extension – a journal launching, a demonstration and a mini-conference – recently took place in Israel.
Please read a full report at the Institute for Ethics and Emerging Technologies
http://ieet.org/inde...tambler20120126

For more details (in Hebrew and English), including the full demands of the demonstration, the journal manifesto, venues, pictures and annotated videos, please see the site of Humanity + Israel
http://www.singulariut.com/

Many thanks to all the wonderful people who helped, participated and expressed their support! In solidarity with the cause of radical life extension!
Ilia
  • like x 1

#12 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 26 January 2012 - 03:39 PM

This is top stuff, Ilia. Well done to you and the fellow supporters. :)

#13 AgeVivo

• Guest, Engineer
  • 2,109 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:43 AM

Bravissimo! This should greatly enhance public interest towards longevity science

#14 Mind

• 18,981 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:37 PM

Great job Ilia! 30 people demonstrating for life extension in Israel this year, is 30 more than demonstrated last year. Keep up the great work!
  • like x 1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: life extension activism

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users