* * * * * 1 votes

Trivastal Piribedil New D2/D3 Agonist

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Anja from Sweden

• 30 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 06:10 PM

Has anyone tried Piribedil

It is a D2/D3 Agonist and alpha 2 präsyn.antagonist(the same as vor example yohimbe)

#2 cellfighter

• 97 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 07:14 PM

Great Stuff. 50 mg first thing in the morning.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 doug123

• 2,424 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 07:31 PM

Has anyone tried Piribedil

It is  a D2/D3 Agonist and alpha 2 präsyn.antagonist(the same as vor example yohimbe)

Dopamine agonism is known to be associated with increased acteylcholine release; which might have a beneficial effect on ones memory.

There are two interesting studies on Piribedil:

http://www.ncbi.nlm....l=pubmed_docsum

Fundam Clin Pharmacol. 2002 Feb;16(1):57-65.Click here to read
Psychomotor and cognitive effects of piribedil, a dopamine agonist, in young healthy volunteers.

* Schuck S,
        * Bentue-Ferrer D,
        * Kleinermans D,
        * Reymann JM,
        * Polard E,
        * Gandon JM,
        * Allain H.

Laboratoire de Pharmacologie Experimentale et Clinique, Universite de Rennes I - Faculte de Medecine, CS 34317, 35 043 Rennes cedex, France.

Piribedil is a dopamine agonist acting on D2 and D3 central nervous system dopamine receptors. This drug has been administered to 12 young healthy male volunteers (age 22 +/- 2 years) according to a single center randomized, double-blind, two ways cross-over, placebo controlled trial, including a washout period of one week. Placebo and piribedil were administered by a single intravenous infusion over 2 h (3 mg). Psychomotor performance and cognitive functions were assessed through a standardized and computerized psychometric tests battery and a continuous electroencephalogram (EEG) mapping. Piribedil improved simple reaction time (P=0.02), immediate (P=0.045 and 0.004), and delayed free recall (P=0.05), dual coding test (P=0.02) and increased theta and fast beta waves on the EEG (P < 0.05 and 0.001, respectively). No deleterious effect was observed on the tests exploring attention and concentration via the other procedures. It is concluded that a single intravenous perfusion of piribedil 3 mg improves alertness and the information processing speed within the central nervous system, in healthy volunteers.
PMID: 11903513 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

However, this study only had 12 patients -- including the placebo group. A clinical trial with only 12 subjects?

Also, the study pasted above used a single intravenous perfusion -- so unless you plan on "mainlining" your piribedil, I wouldn't necessarily expect the same results.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....l=pubmed_docsum

Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2004 Nov;176(2):175-81. Epub 2004 May 12.

Cognitive skill learning in healthy older adults after 2 months of double-blind treatment with piribedil.

* Peretti CS,
        * Gierski F,
        * Harrois S.
Service de Psychiatrie des Adultes, Hopital Robert Debre, CHU de Reims, Avenue du General Koenig, 51092, Reims Cedex, France. cperetti@chu-reims.fr

RATIONALE: Cognitive skill learning, as assessed by repeated testing on the Tower of Toronto (TT) task, has been found to be impaired in normal aging. There is evidence that this impairment might be accounted for by the well-documented, age-dependent decline of dopamine D2-like receptor availability. OBJECTIVES: This study was an investigation of whether the D2/D3 dopaminergic agonist piribedil improves cognitive skill learning in older adults. METHODS: Healthy elderly volunteers were assessed using the TT paradigm. Subjects were evaluated at baseline, and after 2 months of a placebo or piribedil (50 mg daily) treatment in a double-blind, crossover design. Two components of cognitive skill learning were considered--the ability to learn to solve the puzzle and the acquisition of a problem-solving routine. RESULTS: Piribedil showed a beneficial effect on the acquisition of a problem-solving routine, depending on the age of subjects, as revealed by solution reliability indexes measures. The effect of piribedil on the ability to learn to solve the puzzle was found to be dependent on the subject's working memory capacities. CONCLUSIONS: The present results suggest that piribedil is likely to enhance cognitive skill learning in healthy older adults and give further evidence that age-related dopamine decline plays an important role in cognitive impairment occurring in normal aging.

PMID: 15138753 [PubMed - indexed for MEDLINE]

Dopamine agonism is also known to cause annoying side effects:

Side effects of Dopamine Agonists

Dopamine agonists can cause nausea, vomiting, and orthostatic hypotension by stimulating peripheral dopamine receptors. They may also cause central dopaminergic side effects such as nightmares, hallucinations, or psychiatric symptoms. Cognitive side effects are dose related but nausea and orthostatic hypotension can occur even with small initial doses. Other possible side effects include leg edema and constipation.

If you are looking for a proven IQ enhancer and don't have Parkinson's disease, I'd suggest starting out with better studied compounds without the risk of negative side effects caused by dopamine agonism.

See:

How come modafinil is not mainstream?, (or any other nootropic for that matter)
http://www.imminst.o...=169&t=12155&s=

Amphetamine-based ADD / ADHD Medicine
http://nootropics.ip...hp?showforum=40

Non-amphetamine ADD / ADHD Medicine
http://nootropics.ip...hp?showforum=29

#4 Guest_da_sense_*

• Lurker

Posted 11 October 2006 - 09:26 PM

I'd love to hear some real life feedback on Piribedil. I wanted to try it, but i'm not quite sure what subjective effects to expect.

#5 Anja from Sweden

• Topic Starter
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 09:40 PM

I have used Adrafinil,but there was absolutly no effect on focus,i have taken 1200 mg[;SIZE=7]

I dont know if modafinil has any effects on focus,i never tried it,and what about long term use?[SIZE=7]

I have taken 3 years ritalin,50mg per day,but the longterm effects of ritalin are very bad,so i look to find anything else,aricept and wellbutrin are much too weak,[SIZE=7]
perhaps because of the 3 years ritalin.I think ritalin is very strong,but i cant take it any longer(weigth loss...no sleep...)[SIZE=7]
Desipramin has bad side effects,but its very strong,almost like ritalin,or captagon(fenetyllin)

#6 Anja from Sweden

• Topic Starter
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 09:50 PM

I have orderd Pirebidil.(i DONT HAVE PARKINSON)

I start taking it next week,i will post the effects.I will start with 50mg in the morning
I hope ist better then the other dopamin agonists i have tried,Pramipexol did nothing on focus,a little more motivation,very tired,nothing i would try again
the same about Bromocriptin

#7 mewild

• 12 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 12:08 PM

Also try deprenyl. It could help.

#8 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 16 April 2009 - 11:46 PM

Anyone have an update on their experiences with Trivastal, especially long term use as it compares to long term use of Modafinil?

#9 StrangeAeons

• Guest, F@H
  • 732 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 02:52 AM

Hmm... really old thread here Shannon, I'm guessing the stuff has fallen out of favor. Selegeline, and more recently pramipexole, have been the dopaminergic drugs evoking hype on the forum. I think comparing a dopamine agonist to modafinil is a bit of an apples to oranges situation. Modafinil is really good for non-buzzed energy and minimizing the cognitive effects of sleep deprivation, but as far as out and out enhancement in people without ADD it seems unlikely to be beneficial.
I should also point out that the OP's name is "tranylcyrpomin" which is just shy of the generic name for Parnate, one of the good old fashioned high-efficacy non-selective irreversible MAOI's. (S)he is/was probably a lot less hesitant about resorting to heavy pharmacology with significant risk profiles than you or I.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#10 jacobjerondin

• 134 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 September 2018 - 05:00 AM

It's absolutely insane how much reports on this one vary - either people love it or they hate it, as seen in this thread. It's a partial dopamine agonist, so it's quite a bit safer than a full dopamine agonists. I'm very much considering trying it given how promising some of the reports seem to be.

Anyone have any new updates to share about this stuff? Any information would be highly appreciated :)

Edited by jacobjerondin, 04 September 2018 - 05:00 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users