Photo
- - - - -

Scales - Affordable suggestions?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mikeinnaples

• 1,907 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 05:32 PM

Whats scales are people using that are afforable and reasonable in percision for mixing supps at home?

Disclaimer - Strictly for supplement purpose

#2 lucid

• 1,195 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 05:38 PM

I use this guy: (its only 25$ and works pretty durn well)
Fast Weigh TS-50 Digital Pocket Scale 50 x 0.01 g
http://www.google.co...q...=1&ie=UTF-8

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

• Lurker

Posted 07 April 2008 - 05:56 PM

I believe the scale I bought was a My Weigh. They have a lifetime warranty. (I think I bought the Flipscale F3.) The digital I bought was pretty reasonable. After I bought that I saw some website recommending a balance scale by My Weigh (the Lucky 11). It seems the balance scale may work better than a digital if you want to measure small amounts of fine powder (like say a 40 mg. dose).

http://www.aweighsca...y_11_Scales.htm

I don't use the scale all that often. I find dealing with fine powders more trouble than it is worth. The Lucky 11 is cheap and might be a good one to start with.

My Weigh will recalibrate it for you if you need that. But, the place I purchased from said that if you send it back to the manufacturer and your scale has any kind of residue on it they will destroy your scale. This sounds harsh but you have to realize that some people use their scales to measure things like gun powder. You wouldn't want your scale to come back from the manufacturer with some fine toxic powder on it contaminating your supplements.

If you buy a digital some come with a weight to allow you to check it for accuracy from time to time but some don't so you have to buy that separately. The digitals can have other options (like a tare function and counting) that may just make for more decisions though.

But the pocket scales are usually the ones for measuring supplements.

#4 david ellis

• 1,014 posts
  • NO

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:38 PM

Whats scales are people using that are afforable and reasonable in percision for mixing supps at home?

Disclaimer - Strictly for supplement purpose

My favorite is this 300 gram electronic scale for $15. I use coffee filters to hold the powder. I push a button and the scale zeros, so I can weigh net weight without calculations.

http://preview.tinyurl.com/667v95

#5 krillin

• 1,516 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 07:42 PM

Search eBay for the $15 (including shipping) "0.01g / 100th GRAM DIGITAL MINI POCKET JEWELRY SCALE"

#6 mikeinnaples

• Topic Starter
  • 1,907 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:17 PM

Thanks all.

#7 mitkat

• 1,948 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 08:25 PM

Hey, I bought this bad boy http://www.canadianw...es/palmscale-60 a few years ago and it's served me well, on this Canadian website it has gone down in price quite a bit, argh. In retrospect I should of shelled out for one that measures to .01 of a gram, but all in all this has been a super scale - the ipod like charging dock is a great feature.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 08 April 2008 - 06:00 AM

I got a scale off ebay for around $30. It weighs in 1mg increments (.001g) with 20g max capacity. Awesome. Great for weighing bulk powders, especially ones such as benfotiamine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users