Photo
- - - - -

Phenylpiracetam for Focus

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 nancy_axel

• 175 posts

Posted 28 August 2008 - 02:55 PM

I began taking Phenylpiracetam the day or two before tests to study in early august. I found it to be far more useful to me than my traditional adderal prescription in that the side effects (nervousness, etc) were no longer there. Grades are up, things seem a lot more effortless etc etc.

I don't take Phenylpiracetam daily because I hear that the effects drop off quickly. What has been people's experience on it when using it long term? I know after day 2 or 3 you lose the wake-promoting effect, but is the focus effect of Phenyl persist?

Slightly Related, for those of you who've tried both ..
Phenyl vs Pram -- I notice Pram gets me to talk a lot and have a tremendous memory and some goal-oriented tendency. But socially, you get a little awkward. Phenyl however, gives you the focus to actually carry out the goal-oriented tendency if concentration/stamina is an issue.

Edited by nancy_axel, 28 August 2008 - 02:57 PM.

#2 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 01:43 AM

I began taking Phenylpiracetam the day or two before tests to study in early august. I found it to be far more useful to me than my traditional adderal prescription in that the side effects (nervousness, etc) were no longer there. Grades are up, things seem a lot more effortless etc etc.

I don't take Phenylpiracetam daily because I hear that the effects drop off quickly. What has been people's experience on it when using it long term? I know after day 2 or 3 you lose the wake-promoting effect, but is the focus effect of Phenyl persist?

Phenyl vs Pram -- I notice Pram gets me to talk a lot and have a tremendous memory and some goal-oriented tendency. But socially, you get a little awkward. Phenyl however, gives you the focus to actually carry out the goal-oriented tendency if concentration/stamina is an issue.

your writing is more fluent.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 nancy_axel

• Topic Starter
  • 175 posts

Posted 29 August 2008 - 11:03 PM

your writing is more fluent.

haha .. thanks dude . (no sarcasm there)

#4 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 06:13 AM

haha .. thanks dude . (no sarcasm there)

What was that supposed to mean?

#5 Advanc3d

• 283 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 11:24 PM

why does this same person post a million topics about Phenylpiracetam.

#6 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 01:46 AM

Maybe she has OCD or she is doing it intentionally. It is either one or the other. I can't fathom any other logical explanation.

#7 lucidver

• 25 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 03:12 AM

What is so difficult about answering her questions? Sure, she may be a little jumpy, but shes openly stated that she's been experiencing hypersensitivity to some medications. From my own viewpoint on things, taking issue with a person's tone, attitude, or obsessiveness is a really weak-minded way to think. I'd answer her questions but I don't have anything to contribute in that realm. However, I think people that do have her answers are intentionally holding back to "punish her" for not playing by their "rules". Kinda lame IMO.

Take this with a grain of salt because I really don't know any of you and am in no way wanting my role in this thread to be a diplomat. I just am curious about her questions, too, because I have ADHD.

Thanks...

Edited by lucidver, 31 August 2008 - 03:23 AM.

#8 mystery

• 117 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 04:19 AM

I just splurged and bought some for $80 from RI. I never decided to even try it before due to the high cost. I would gladly pay that much IF I knew it did anything for me. It would be really nice if suppliers offered samples.

I'll keep you posted once it arrives.

Edited by mystery, 31 August 2008 - 04:21 AM.

#9 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 07:56 AM

What is so difficult about answering her questions? Sure, she may be a little jumpy, but shes openly stated that she's been experiencing hypersensitivity to some medications. From my own viewpoint on things, taking issue with a person's tone, attitude, or obsessiveness is a really weak-minded way to think. I'd answer her questions but I don't have anything to contribute in that realm. However, I think people that do have her answers are intentionally holding back to "punish her" for not playing by their "rules". Kinda lame IMO.

Take this with a grain of salt because I really don't know any of you and am in no way wanting my role in this thread to be a diplomat. I just am curious about her questions, too, because I have ADHD.

Thanks...

Are you serious? She asks the same questions every single day without using the search function.

If the racetams were working for her, she'd realize that hardly anyone here uses phenylpiracetam or pramiracetam and thus cannot possibly answer her questions.

It is the same thing over and over again.

Edited by luv2increase, 31 August 2008 - 07:56 AM.

• dislike x 1

#10 RunterBeaker

• 47 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 08:22 AM

Thanks...

Are you serious? She asks the same questions every single day without using the search function.

If the racetams were working for her, she'd realize that hardly anyone here uses phenylpiracetam or pramiracetam and thus cannot possibly answer her questions.

Luv2increase probably doesn't sell Phenylpiracetam or pramiracetam...that's why he doesn't want it mentioned too much here. 

Edited by RunterBeaker, 31 August 2008 - 08:22 AM.

#11 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 03:21 PM

Thanks...

Luv2increase probably doesn't sell Phenylpiracetam or pramiracetam...that's why he doesn't want it mentioned too much here. 

This is getting ridiculous and childish. I am a business man that sells medical equipment who has an LLC registered through the state of Arizona. If you knew me better, as many do on this board, you'd realize that I am not a salesman for a supp company.

Grow up.

Edited by luv2increase, 31 August 2008 - 03:46 PM.

#12 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 03:28 PM

Yeah seriously. It's getting to be such a drag and it's not like the nootropics section isn't already heavily watered down with these silly nonthreads.

This sort of thing pushes people away from the imminst. If I were a mod. I would be pretty concerned.

Edit: Came out twice for some strange reason.

Edited by Ben - Aus, 31 August 2008 - 03:28 PM.

#13 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 04:13 PM

Yeah seriously. It's getting to be such a drag and it's not like the nootropics section isn't already heavily watered down with these silly nonthreads.

This sort of thing pushes people away from the imminst. If I were a mod. I would be pretty concerned.

Edit: Came out twice for some strange reason.

I am beginning to think that the mods do not care about the future of Imminst. They do not do a good job at moderating the forums at all. It is quite sad indeed. When I came here 1.5 years ago, it was very different.

It seems the only one attempting to moderate anything nowadays is shepard. What about the others? Where are they at? I'm sure they have other responsibilities, but they shouldn't have become a moderator in the first place if they can't do the job.

#14 mystery

• 117 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 07:22 PM

I'm sorry to add to this nonsense, but could you guys please use the PM system (like send PMs to the mods and nancy_axel)? This is annoying to read through all of this garbage when trying to find useful information.

#15 RunterBeaker

• 47 posts

Posted 31 August 2008 - 08:25 PM

Thanks...

This is getting ridiculous and childish. I am a business man that sells medical equipment who has an LLC registered through the state of Arizona. If you knew me better, as many do on this board, you'd realize that I am not a salesman for a supp company.

Grow up.

Sorry I accused you of selling other supplements. But the reason I did is because in many of your posts all you do is talk about how great or horrible something is without giving any information whatsoever.

Edited by RunterBeaker, 31 August 2008 - 08:32 PM.

#16 Urbaneast

• 8 posts

Posted 02 September 2008 - 08:40 PM

I'm just starting to try it out now. I'll report back on whether I get a boost out of it or not.

I'd like to hear from anyone else who's tried it. I've searched, and a few people posted about it when they first received it. I would be very interested in hearing updates from them.

#17 mystery

• 117 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 02:08 AM

I just splurged and bought some for $80 from RI. I never decided to even try it before due to the high cost. I would gladly pay that much IF I knew it did anything for me. It would be really nice if suppliers offered samples.

I'll keep you posted once it arrives.

My phenylpiracetam came in early this week. I've tried it about three times, so this is very preliminary, and I'll post more later.

So far, I'm really liking the effect. It doesn't appear to effect me like a typical stimulant, e.g., caffeine. I have to try to use my brain to get the benefits from it. Like, I won't just passively feel more focused, but if I try and focus on a task/problem, or to pay attention, then I notice my performace is improved very significantly. It feels like I have more mental powress available, but this must be activated by effort, i.e., it is very nootropic in nature. For me, this is preferable to stimulants like caffeine, d-amphetamine, focalin (I'm currently on a focalin trial for ADHD), where my neural function seems hijacked into an accelerated state. The closest experience I have to phenylpiracetam is that from kava. This is one of the top 3 supplements that I've ever tried, and the only racetam that works for me. I have yet to determine how I build a tolerance.

Dose response (Please note that I'm sensitive to all supplements and you may need a higher dose):
25-35 mg: Perfect dose. Feel a subtle improvement in mental powress with ability to focus and perform much better. Only side is hardly noticeable vertigo feeling.
50 mg: Notice mild vertigo with accompanying sort of headache that I get if I spin in a chair or roll on the ground. Not much if any additional cognitive improvement beyond lower dose.
100 mg: Worse vertigo and headache, but no additional benefit to cognitive function. At least high dose doesn't detract from cognitive function or focus, and I don't feel overstimulated like with a typical stimulant.

Response & duration of effect:
Immediate and slowly tapers off over 3 hrs

I tried about 100 mg alpha-GPC to see if that would help with the vertigo and it didn't, nor did it seem to influence the beneficial effect. I may try combining some other supplements with the phenylpiracetam to find something that can supress the vertigo and possibly enhance the effects.

Overall the sides are not a problem, and the benefit is very significant. The $80 doesn't seem so painful now. :-D

Edited by mystery, 07 September 2008 - 02:26 AM.

#18 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 04:54 AM

(I'm currently on a focalin trial for ADHD)

Are you taking focalin with the phenyl?

Are you of the hyperactive subtype or not?

#19 mystery

• 117 posts

Posted 07 September 2008 - 04:07 PM

(I'm currently on a focalin trial for ADHD)

Are you taking focalin with the phenyl?

Are you of the hyperactive subtype or not?

I am not combining the two. I started my focalin trial on Friday last week, and tried the phenyl before that. It is too early to say much about the focalin other than my response is not as good as with dextroamphetamine.

I'm of the predominately inattentive subtype, with no hyperactivity. This describes my condition pretty well: Wikipedia SCT

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#20 mystery

• 117 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 12:13 AM

My response to phenylpracetam has led me to review my log of the other racetams. I need to put this into context, as I didn't give the other racetams a chance to work, nor enough trial and error of dosing. I need to reevaluate them all, and I may have a much better response in much smaller doses given my response to phenylpiracetam.

I need to reevaluate:
piracetam
aniracetam
oxiracetam

Also plan to try:
pramiracetam

Edited by mystery, 08 September 2008 - 12:14 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users