Photo
- - - - -

Piracetam and Repressed Memories

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 bvcw

• 7 posts

Posted 08 September 2008 - 07:45 PM

I noticed that I can remember my past much more clearly after taking piracetam in the past few months. I have also remembered things that I have forgotten and don't want to remember. I have since stopped taking piracetam because it made me tired and I feel that I concentrate better without piracetam. But I still use choline as a supplement.

Does anyone else experience this? Is piracetam and related nootropics supposed to retrieve forgotten memories? It seems like a placebo effect, but I didn't notice it until I start thinking about stuff and seeing the past more clearly.

#2 desperate788

• 234 posts

Posted 09 September 2008 - 11:49 AM

I noticed that I can remember my past much more clearly after taking piracetam in the past few months. I have also remembered things that I have forgotten and don't want to remember. I have since stopped taking piracetam because it made me tired and I feel that I concentrate better without piracetam. But I still use choline as a supplement.

Does anyone else experience this? Is piracetam and related nootropics supposed to retrieve forgotten memories? It seems like a placebo effect, but I didn't notice it until I start thinking about stuff and seeing the past more clearly.

So far piracetam is my fav nootropic, I can say same happens to me, it is certainly good for recall ı can remember some childhood memories that I forgot.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 navyblue

• 182 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 04:53 PM

I have PTSD and yes when I take piracetam all the bad memories seem to find there way back into my head especially a night right before I go to sleep. Its tough to deal with, but the benefits are so good that not taking piracetam is a hard thing to do.

#4 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 04 October 2008 - 05:01 PM

I have since stopped taking piracetam because it made me tired and I feel that I concentrate better without piracetam. But I still use choline as a supplement.

You probably weren't using enough choline. Try adding caffeine; that helps too.

#5 Rags847

• 362 posts

Posted 05 October 2008 - 06:06 AM

Yea, I as well find Piracetam gives me access to more of my memory. One of it's wonderful effects. Great for writing a paper or doing any sort of creating and for just a general feeling of intellectual enhancement. Imagine more of your memory stores into conscious awareness! That is an amazing thing! If it brings bad memories up, just gives one a chance to work-through some stuff that is in the background of the mind and effecting one in some way, which is a good, enriching, rewarding process to go through (cf. psychoanalysis).

I can relate to your energy and concentration concerns. Getting the right dose helps, too high a dose and greater fatigue/spaciness comes into play for me. Some add a stimulant like caffeine and say they get good results.

Right now, just the last few days, I've been trying to see if I can combine Piracetam/CDP-Choline and Dextroamphetamine (ADD script). I have always kept them seperate. Discovered that they greatly potentiate each other and I need to drastically cut the dose of one or the other or both. It worked great at first. Piracetam's intellectual, creative, sense-receptor enhancement was now very energized and sustained. Six hours later or so - a massive headache lasting 24 hours. I think what happened is that Piracetam increases bloodflow to the brain and with D-AMP increasing bodily blood pressure (including blood to the brain) and brain metabolism greatly, the upped inflow was just too much (and this was at normal doses of each).

So, I'm going to drop the dose of one or the other to a bare mininum and see if I can obtain the ideal effect. What I always wanted Piracetam to be: intellectual, creativity, sense enhancement brought out with energy, focus, concentration, motivation, task completion (and mood enhancement thrown in as a bonus).

Edited by Rags847, 05 October 2008 - 06:37 AM.

#6 AtticusFinch

• 13 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 06:04 AM

I have also had a FLOOD of memories reintroduced to my consciousness since taking piracetam. The memories are good, neutral, and bad. It a very strange, but interesting experience. I recently had a flood of memories and emotions of a childhood daycare experience. I had forgotten much about the experience, except for names, faces, and miscellaneous memories. About a year ago, I had been asked about the experience and noted that I couldn't remember much details except for names/faces. However, after taking piracetam for about a month, it can remember experiences, textures and smells of things, meals, conversations, and even other's expressions. It's very strange. Piracetam has improved my memory since taking the supplement, but I didn't expect to remember experiences that I thought were lost. It's as if, pira has peeled back a layer of my memory, and I am beginning to experience a photographic memory from past events.

Has anyone had a similar experience?

#7 abelard lindsay

• 873 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 07:25 AM

I have woken up in the middle of the night with childhood memories flooding through my head after taking Piracetam. I wrote them all down. It was fun. I also had taken some Rhodiola before going to bed. Perhaps there is a synergy? It's throughly amazing how much information we forget.

Edited by abelard lindsay, 19 October 2008 - 07:25 AM.

#8 Rags847

• 362 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 05:01 PM

I can relate to the effect of piracetam on memory. It's amazing how it floods consciousness with memories. Whether it is recently learned material, past learned material, or past memories.

Piracetam is a trip through one's brain cells. Access to more brain cells.

I even believe that it processes material on an unconscious level and allows one to bring into consciousness complex creations.

#9 luv2increase

• 2,529 posts

Posted 19 October 2008 - 11:05 PM

I think it is best to face your negative repressed memories because ultimately they are still causing detrimental stressing effects on your body. They are always there in your subconscious and need to be dealt with without a doubt. People have the wrong idea when they try to repress negative events which have happened in their lives. This will only cause more harm than good. One should face their problems head on rather than to bury them deep into their subconscious.

#10 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:46 PM

Fascinating thread. I've done a lot of Piracetam and have never had this experience

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#11 me-i-am

• 7 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 August 2015 - 05:23 AM

I have had a horrible memory to the point that it can be considered amnesia due to trauma (I have CPTSD and huge parts of my memory were missing). Yet, I have noticed this as well, though I have been taking Bacopa about the same time as Piracetam so I can't say for sure which of the two is causing it.... But agreed - really, fascinating! I feel like the effect is more pronounced for me seeing that I had so little memory previously. However I wonder if this increase in memory is permanent? I sure hope so!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users