Photo
- - - - -

Geranium Extract

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ak34

• 54 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 01:18 AM

Hi all, new to the forum. i have been reading for a few days and came to this web-site searching for information on racetams. obviously this is my first post and i'm very happy with all the information here. i have a question on geranium extract 1,3-Dimethylamylamine. does anyone have personal experience with this? also, is it safe to stack with racetams? i have been experimenting with piracetam and aniracetam and have oxi on the way. my problem is that i like a kick right away and the geranium extract gave that to me. any input is greatly appreciated.

#2 Galantamine

• 209 posts

Posted 25 September 2008 - 09:58 PM

Hi all, new to the forum. i have been reading for a few days and came to this web-site searching for information on racetams. obviously this is my first post and i'm very happy with all the information here. i have a question on geranium extract 1,3-Dimethylamylamine. does anyone have personal experience with this? also, is it safe to stack with racetams? i have been experimenting with piracetam and aniracetam and have oxi on the way. my problem is that i like a kick right away and the geranium extract gave that to me. any input is greatly appreciated.

1,3-dimethylamylamine is basically a non-phenolic PEA analogue, which means it probably acts similar to a weaker ephedrine analogue in agonizing NE receptors, or by another similar mechanism. 1,3-DMAA typically has a more peripheral effect then caffeine or ephedrine, but much more central then something like octopamine, synephrine, tyramine, et cetra.

Stacking it with a racetam would probably offer no more benefical synergy then either caffeine or ephedrine, but would definitely allow a more alert/attentive state of mind then without. There should be no negative interactions with stacking a racetam with 1,3,dimethylamylamine.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 djmmm

• 28 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 07:40 PM

I recently ordered some 1,3-Dimethylamylamine. I was hoping it would be similar to PEA-- it was not. It left me feeling uneasy and sick, and took almost two days to feel "normal' again. There was no real stimulation associated it (as compared to PEA), and certainly no euphoria. I would say caffeine is more stimulating... Needless to say, I'll be sticking with PEA (and a MAOI).

#4 Galantamine

• 209 posts

Posted 27 September 2008 - 09:14 PM

I recently ordered some 1,3-Dimethylamylamine. I was hoping it would be similar to PEA-- it was not. It left me feeling uneasy and sick, and took almost two days to feel "normal' again. There was no real stimulation associated it (as compared to PEA), and certainly no euphoria. I would say caffeine is more stimulating... Needless to say, I'll be sticking with PEA (and a MAOI).

Any application over 50mg would probably cause these symptoms.

What was your dosage?

#5 djmmm

• 28 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 01:18 PM

What was your dosage?

2 x 25mg-- 30 min in between doses. Perhaps 1,3-Dimethylamylamine has some synergistic effects with other substances(?) For me, at least, this chemical is a waste of $. PEA is much more effective.

#6 Galantamine

• 209 posts

Posted 28 September 2008 - 03:28 PM

2 x 25mg-- 30 min in between doses. Perhaps 1,3-Dimethylamylamine has some synergistic effects with other substances(?) For me, at least, this chemical is a waste of $. PEA is much more effective.

PEA is a completely different compound.

1,3-DMAA is oriented towards metabolism/energy production.

#7 ak34

• Topic Starter
  • 54 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 07:06 PM

PEA is a completely different compound.

1,3-DMAA is oriented towards metabolism/energy production.

Thanks for the feedback. In your opion, would PEA be a better choice than the 1,3-DMAA for stacking with nootropics? Like I stated earlier, I am trying get something of a short term boost to work with the longer term effects of certain racetams.

#8 Galantamine

• 209 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 08:04 PM

Thanks for the feedback. In your opion, would PEA be a better choice than the 1,3-DMAA for stacking with nootropics? Like I stated earlier, I am trying get something of a short term boost to work with the longer term effects of certain racetams.

1,3-DMAA would be useful for increasing attention and/or alertness, but probably wouldn't be synergistic, mechanically, with the racetams.

On the other hand, PEA has been shown to stimulate Ach release by stimulating AMPA receptors (1). This would synergize quite well with either AMPA modulators (aniracetam), or NMDA modulators (piracetam). The only downside, of course, is that PEA requires a MAO-B inhibitor for therapeutic efficacy.

1- β-Phenylethylamine Stimulates Striatal Acetylcholine Release through Activation of the AMPA Glutamatergic Pathway

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#9 JChief

• 638 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:04 AM

What was your dosage?

I think too much was used. No more than 30mg should be necessary. It's easy to take too much if ordering a powder and not carefully measuring. A little definitely goes a long way. Also, what was the source? This source I found today which I think I might give a try. I do not take a MAOI and have no intention to so PEA won't be an option. I am looking for a little extra pre workout boost to give me similar focus to what I experience with sulbutiamine. I feel that sulbutiamine is most effective when taken only occasionally. Nowadays I only take sulbutiamine on my off cycle with tongkat ali.

Edited by JChief, 23 September 2011 - 07:04 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users