• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Palin's $150,000 Clothes Purchase W/ Donated $ Was Illeg

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Iam Empathy

• 429 posts

Posted 23 October 2008 - 01:11 AM

Is this seriously the person you want in charge of the entire country when McCain passes away?

http://outtheotherea...llegal-mistake/

A $150,000 Illegal Mistake…

October 22, 2008

Normally I could care less about the Palin wardrobe, but Ambinder confirms I a suspicion I had this morning when I heard that she'd used $150,000 in campaign dollars had been used to buy her clothes from Saks and Nieman Marcus.

That its not a legal expenditure.

Under prohibited uses of Chapter 14 of the U.S. Code for use of contributions for certain uses we see:

(b) Prohibited use
(1) In general
A contribution or donation described in subsection (a) of this section shall not be converted by any person to personal use.
(2) Conversion
For the purposes of paragraph (1), a contribution or donation shall be considered to be converted to personal use if the contribution or amount is used to fulfill any commitment, obligation, or expense of a person that would exist irrespective of the candidate's election campaign or individual's duties as a holder of Federal office, including-
(A) a home mortgage, rent, or utility payment;
(B) a clothing purchase;
© a noncampaign-related automobile expense;
(D) a country club membership;
(E) a vacation or other noncampaign-related trip;
(F) a household food item;
(G) a tuition payment;
(H) admission to a sporting event, concert, theater, or other form of entertainment not associated with an election campaign; and
(I) dues, fees, and other payments to a health club or recreational facility.

I mean, that looks pretty black and white to me, though I'm sure a large number of campaign lawyers will be backing me up or explaining to me why I'm wrong shortly.

Not that blowing $150,000 on outfits for the campaign for the presidency from the party where fiscal conservatism is supposed to matter was such a hot move anyways.

Between this and Troopergate, Palin has already committed more provable crimes in office in 2 years than can be proved than of the accusations made of George W. Bush in 8 years.

Change we can believe in.

14 responses so far ↓

Edited by Iam Empathy, 23 October 2008 - 01:13 AM.

#2 suspire

• 583 posts

Posted 11 November 2008 - 11:24 PM

http://www.newsweek....mp;t=1906937043

Edited by suspire, 11 November 2008 - 11:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users