Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Fluoxetine supermicrodose.

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 phetryamine

• 12 posts

Posted 30 November 2008 - 06:24 PM

Hi, I have been experimenting with micromicro doses of prozac, and i mean realy micro, i started with a dose of 1mg, because i thought that this litle dose would not have any strong effect. I whas wrong it have a strong effect on me, by strong i mean the amotivational part of the effect, then i tried doses all down to 0,02 mg and i still feel the effects, but in a diferent hform, below 0,06 it only give me a god day feeling (optimism)

Here are my observations after 8 months of use:

1mg normal ssri effects but milder than full dose (amotivational and a I downt realy care feeling)
0,5mg the same as 1mg but the sexual becomes milder
0,25 very optimistic feeling (euphoric if combinated with coffee/cofffeine)

0,1 to 0,06 optimistic feeling and a litle unfocused mind
0,06 to 0,01 only effects are a optimistic state of mind

doses below 0,1 are a litle sedative
doses from 0,25 and up are a litle more stimulating

I am not interested in being told that this is the placevo effect, i have done a lot of test so i am 99,99% sure that it is not, i am interested to hear what people mean of this fascinating effect, and if there are other with this king of experience with realymicrodoses.

#2 StrangeAeons

• Guest, F@H
  • 732 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 03:45 AM

If you're certain that it's not placebo, then your sensitivity to such low doses might be either a result of your specific neurochemistry. More likely, though, some phenotypes are deficient in Cytochrome P450 enzymes, impeding with metabolization and elimination of various drugs. You could get labs drawn to check this in one of two ways:
1) serum levels of Prozac, to identify how much is being metabolized
OR
2) more expensive/sophisticated testing (I think it's genetic) for P450 enzymes. This would give you a broad base of understanding as to what drugs will be more active in your system.
Have you had any issues with exaggerated responses to low doses of other drugs (i.e. is this what led you to take such small doses)?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 01 December 2008 - 05:06 AM

I think there might be real effects in some people from such low doses of psychotropics. I'm aware of a case where a patient was on a low and very infrequent dose of an SSRI to temper a side effect of wellbutrin. I think it was 20mg once a week. While this is more than you're talking about, considering the pharmacokinetics of these things, the body load in the later days of the week would have to be very low; likely not very different from the sub-milligram dosages you're talking about.

#4 edward

• 1,404 posts

Posted 02 December 2008 - 01:29 PM

low dose fluoxetine makes sense due to the half life of it and its metabolites (some having a half life of close to week), thus over time the dose builds up so to speak. Furthermore there is the theory that effective antidepressants have a hormetic effect (there is an article on this somewhere that mentions prozac specifically)........ However your trial of microdoses and the specific effects is flawed in that due to the long half lives it would take an extraordinarily long period of time to evaluate each micro dose after achieving a steady state then completely washing the drug out and starting with another dose. Each trial is confounded by the residual drug (long half lives) from the past trial. What can be gleaned from this is that microdoses of some dose seem to work with you and that I do believe based on half lives and hormeosis

#5 phetryamine

• Topic Starter
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 December 2008 - 02:17 PM

Well i can say that I NOW that mi test works well because i first started takin the micro dose calculating by eye, and what I first thought to be a 0,1mg by eye in reality whas 0,02, and i now it works beacause at eksakt 0,6 i begin to have the sexual side efects, a thing that was positive for me because i work with tantric sexuality and whated to postpone ejaculation so long as posible (it was because of this that i discicover that so small doses have effect, maybe only periferal but effect there is). and another thing that demostrates this is that my mother tested this dose and she started yawning just like i do 2 hours after i take the dose, and she didnt now of this effect.

low dose fluoxetine makes sense due to the half life of it and its metabolites (some having a half life of close to week), thus over time the dose builds up so to speak. Furthermore there is the theory that effective antidepressants have a hormetic effect (there is an article on this somewhere that mentions prozac specifically)........ However your trial of microdoses and the specific effects is flawed in that due to the long half lives it would take an extraordinarily long period of time to evaluate each micro dose after achieving a steady state then completely washing the drug out and starting with another dose. Each trial is confounded by the residual drug (long half lives) from the past trial. What can be gleaned from this is that microdoses of some dose seem to work with you and that I do believe based on half lives and hormeosis

#6 ww2w

• 2 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 12:53 AM

I'm very interested in Fluoxetine (prozac). It works mood elevating and promote neurogenisis in the hippocampus. The only problem i have now is looking for a safe online shop where i can buy Fluoxetine. Can somebody give me a advice?
Do somebody have experience with buying fluoxetine from AirSealed? are this medicine from India Intas 100% safe?

http://shop.airseale...m/pd_prozac.cfm

Many thanks for answering.

#7 StrangeAeons

• Guest, F@H
  • 732 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 11:17 AM

Prozac is not all it's cracked up to be; for some people it might be beneficial, but in my eyes if you're not depressed it's just as likely to burden you with side effects. Honestly, I'm not too enamored with the neurogenesis thing either; this seems to be more of a hormetic response, and one man's "neurogenesis" is another's "upregulation indicating diminished receptor sensitivity" which is an all too common theme in pharmacokinetics. If you are depressed then there are better options; recent studies seem to indicate there is little to no difference in efficacy between standardized extracts of Saint John's Wort (i.e. Kira, Perika) and Prozac; and SJW had fewer side effects.

#8 wickedgirl

• 6 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 08:44 PM

Phetryamine...I have recently begun this same experiment on myself with Cymbalta, then came across your post. Prozac destroyed my short term memory about 12 years ago, so I was reluctant to try another "drug" after being given samples by a PDoc for PTSD. I tried one 30mg pill per day for a few days, and promptly fell slept for almost the entire day until the drug began to wear off. Around the 20 hour daily mark, I noticed that when I woke up, I actually seemed to be more motivated and positive, but as soon as I took my next dose, I went right back to sleep. Theorizing that as the drug "wears off", and I begin to feel better, that I may need a lower dose, I began the same type of trial as you. I do not yet have a small scale, so I have to eyeball the individual beads in an empty gel cap. I currently believe that taking about 10mg allows me to feel positive and motivated without needing to constantly sleep. I am going to proceed further with lower doses once I buy a scale that can measure in smaller increments.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this MEDICINES advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#9 k10

• Guest, F@H
  • 310 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 07:09 AM

I am also able to respond to microdoses of psychotropics.

2.5mg of celexa causes a very euphoric feeling for me, and causes sexual side effects at this small dose! As does lexapro.

I can respond well to about 2mg of dexedrine.

Propranolol works for me at a 5mg dosage.

Taking 150mg of buproprian is enough to make me feel like I'm gonna have a seizure, I probably need something like 50mg.

0.125 mg of Xanax is quite strong for me... though strangely I need 1mg of clonazepam to reach similar effectiveness as 0.125mg of Xanax... plus Xanax lasts approximately 8 hours for me compared to about 5 hours for the clonazepam. Weird.

My sensitivity to psychotropic medications is a huge cost saver for me and allows me to safely take some of these substances on a regular basis when needed.

I think it might be something to do with my lyme disease or bartonella.... I read that people with bartonella have strange reactions like these to very small dosages of psychotropic medications.... or some people need humongously huge doses to even get the mildest reaction.

I don't get it...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users