Photo

Immortality Institute O'Rights Matching Fund

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
90 replies to this topic

#61 thefirstimmortal

• Lifetime Member The First Immortal
  • 6,912 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 11:06 PM

We had better watch out, at this rate we will end up breaking the speedometer. Ok, breaking this one is desirable. Still need another $1,500 or so. I don't think I have enough in my coin collection to finish the job but I will be sorting through some more before the week is out. Maybe I'll get lucky and find a 1943 copper penny.

Everyone can put their wallets back, I believe I got this I have the last 1,500 dollars. Look for my next post in the thread CI or Die, The Final Countdown for The First Immortal.
http://www.imminst.o...o...c=26564&hl=

I will have that post up before midnight tonight.

#62 nuzz

• 25 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 11:34 PM

Just added my $1500! I really wish I could do more, but have been hit pretty hard in the recent months with some unexpected things. This is really all I have for now.

I am really glad I could contribute in this way. I have been looking for the right moments to contribute to life extension and transhumanism, and this is really the first chance I have had to make such a difference. I am glad to help you out Bill, it probably means as much to me as it does to you.

In the future, I hope to shoot some more bullets from the good old magical revolver by contributing to AGI-related software development. I really haven't had the time to do so lately, but I am getting the experience in the meantime to do so. Sorry, getting a little off topic here.

Let's hope for the best in the upcoming days and push for the last remaining funds that we need!

#63 RighteousReason

• 2,484 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 11:39 PM

In the future, I hope to shoot some more bullets from the good old magical revolver by contributing to AGI-related software development.

That's an incredibly good cause. I highly recommend donating to the Singularity Institute (www.singinst.org) because of their focus on human-Friendly AGI.

#64 nuzz

• 25 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:21 AM

In the future, I hope to shoot some more bullets from the good old magical revolver by contributing to AGI-related software development.

That's an incredibly good cause. I highly recommend donating to the Singularity Institute (www.singinst.org) because of their focus on human-Friendly AGI.

Thank you. Yes, I have known about them since they were quite small, have donated to them in the past, and have been to the first two Singularity Summits while I was living in Redwood City, CA. I would be more inclined to donate to them again since Ben and Bruce have joined the team, as I they can get some better results this way. I could offer some more constructive feedback to them, but I don't think this is the time or place to do it.

#65 eternaltraveler

• Member, Guardian
  • 6,465 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 12:32 AM

Thank you nuzz, your matching grant is really needed. I think we all as a community really want this to succeed, getting to the minimum amount of $28,000.00 is not enough--we need to have at least a few thousand over for transportation costs.

so breaking the speedometer a little bit is in order.

#66 Mind

• Lifetime Member, Moderator, Secretary
  • 13,394 posts
  • yes

Posted 28 January 2009 - 05:06 PM

Ok, I am unsure about how much money will be coming in from Guy Gipson (so far just $200), so I want to make sure everyone knows we are still approximately $1,500 short...and time might be getting quite short. The unofficial total is only about $6,500 (will update the speedometer later this afternoon). We need at least $8,000 in donations, then we will have another $8,000 with the Imminst matching grant, add this to the previously donated sums and it will be around $28,000.

So with 6,500+6,500(match), we are sitting at a total of about $25,000. Need at least $28,000 for a CI suspension.

#67 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 05:13 PM

Ok, I am unsure about how much money will be coming in from Guy Gipson (so far just $200), so I want to make sure everyone knows we are still approximately $1,500 short...and time might be getting quite short. The unofficial total is only about $6,500 (will update the speedometer later this afternoon). We need at least $8,000 in donations, then we will have another $8,000 with the Imminst matching grant, add this to the previously donated sums and it will be around $28,000.

So with 6,500+6,500(match), we are sitting at a total of about $25,000. Need at least $28,000 for a CI suspension.

I think we have a solution to that shortfall.
http://www.imminst.o...mp;#entry296238

#68 Proconsul

• 108 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 06:12 PM

I tried to send a few bucks through the Google account, but it seems it doesn't work. I'll try again with another e-mail address, but is there any other way to send money? William, you have a bank account nr with international code to send money directly there?

#69 Mind

• 13,394 posts
  • yes

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:43 PM

Hang in there Bill, we are getting closer. A little over $6,500 now.

#70 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:54 PM

...I want to make sure everyone knows we are still approximately $1,500 short...and time might be getting quite short.

As far as time goes, I was closer to death in December when I was at the hospital at 109 and had a totally closed esophagus. While I’m in pretty rough shape right now, I don’t believe death to be imminent. I just don’t want to bang the “he’s at deaths door drum” until I feel like I’m going to die in less than 2 weeks. :p

Attached Files

#71 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:55 PM

I tried to send a few bucks through the Google account, but it seems it doesn't work. I'll try again with another e-mail address, but is there any other way to send money? William, you have a bank account nr with international code to send money directly there?

LOL, no, my government has that now.

#72 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 12:00 AM

Hang in there Bill, we are getting closer. A little over $6,500 now.

I've got to say; the members and this organization are certainly flexing their financial muscles. Think about has fast once mobilized the combo raised this money. That out paced any fundraiser of this nature in the past.

#73 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 12:01 AM

Redline.

Attached Files

#74 Heliotrope

• 1,145 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 12:43 AM

Thank you nuzz, your matching grant is really needed. I think we all as a community really want this to succeed, getting to the minimum amount of $28,000.00 is not enough--we need to have at least a few thousand over for transportation costs.

so breaking the speedometer a little bit is in order.

Yes, from my readings and studying of CI and some sites, the transport to clinton county , MI etc could get expensive. BUT once it comes to that, it means TFI would be declared legally dead. He then has no need for any asset he possessed before Death.

What about then selling his house/assets in Maine in a fire-sale at the Cheapest/best bargain to whatever buyer will take them. Betting the farm. Sell clothes, things, or get donate/charity checks.

#75 nuzz

• 25 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:23 AM

If it were me, I would move to MI not only for the cost savings, but for the peace of mind knowing that there is one less thing that could go wrong (transportation). I understand the hardship of leaving home, however. It is a tough thing to think about, but this is one of those times where you have to think about reality. I am almost sure you have thought about it, but I thought I would bring it to the table just so we can put our heads together.

Mark

#76 lunarsolarpower

• 1,307 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 04:08 AM

If it were me, I would move to MI

I'm pretty sure he's not at liberty to do that currently. However I was wondering if he could resell any of the supplements that were donated that he did not use? Perhaps make up a large "bargain bin" and sell them all at once if another method was too difficult.

#77 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 05:03 AM

What about then selling his house/assets in Maine in a fire-sale at the Cheapest/best bargain to whatever buyer will take them. Betting the farm. Sell clothes, things, or get donate/charity checks.

You are apparently not up on my story. The government took my house and about a half a million dollars. I sold about everything else I could sell this past spring. I have the clothes on my back, my computer, my motorcycle and what little I have left would not make a decent yard sale.

#78 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 05:06 AM

If it were me, I would move to MI not only for the cost savings, but for the peace of mind knowing that there is one less thing that could go wrong (transportation). I understand the hardship of leaving home, however. It is a tough thing to think about, but this is one of those times where you have to think about reality. I am almost sure you have thought about it, but I thought I would bring it to the table just so we can put our heads together.

Mark

I can't move out of the State, I'm on probation. Even if I could, there would be no cost savings to me.

#79 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 05:09 AM

I'm pretty sure he's not at liberty to do that currently. However I was wonderng if he could resell any of the supplements that were donated that he did not use? Perhaps make up a large "bargain bin" and sell them all at once if another method was too difficult.

Absoltely not. I still remain hopeful that I can shrink the tumor enough to swallow those vitamins again. I'm not giving up my war chest of Vitamins under any circumstances.

#80 Mind

• 13,394 posts
  • yes

Posted 31 January 2009 - 10:45 PM

Things have slowed down a bit. Even if you only have a dollar or two, it would help out. We only have $1,300 to go to get the full $8,000 match from Imminst.

I finally went through my old coin collection and it turns out I have many old coins but very few that are rare or valuable. Like I said earlier, I have kept coins older than me for my entire life. The good news is that I had a lot of coins, so the face value is pretty good. I cashed in the small stuff and came up with $85. I still have a few dollar coins and some semi-rare coins to get appraised and to sell. The oldest coins I have are a 1919 penny (worth about 5 cents, according to coin collecting websites), a 1920 penny, a 1923 Mercury dime, and a 1934 buffalo nickel. The nickel might be worth $1 because it still has a date on it.

So 85$ goes into the fund today.

Which reminds me, a good way to raise a few bucks for charity efforts such as this one is sell some of your old stuff on ebay. I think I have a few things lying around the house that I don't use and that could fetch $10 to $20 in an online auction.

#81 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 31 January 2009 - 11:57 PM

Things have slowed down a bit. Even if you only have a dollar or two, it would help out. We only have $1,300 to go to get the full $8,000 match from Imminst.

I finally went through my old coin collection and it turns out I have many old coins but very few that are rare or valuable. Like I said earlier, I have kept coins older than me for my entire life. The good news is that I had a lot of coins, so the face value is pretty good. I cashed in the small stuff and came up with $85. I still have a few dollar coins and some semi-rare coins to get appraised and to sell. The oldest coins I have are a 1919 penny (worth about 5 cents, according to coin collecting websites), a 1920 penny, a 1923 Mercury dime, and a 1934 buffalo nickel. The nickel might be worth $1 because it still has a date on it.

So 85$ goes into the fund today.

Which reminds me, a good way to raise a few bucks for charity efforts such as this one is sell some of your old stuff on ebay. I think I have a few things lying around the house that I don't use and that could fetch $10 to $20 in an online auction.

Thank You Mind.

We really should have that covered with the two matters I brought up in my CI or Die thread, in fact we should be over the top. Let me go check on that Mind, and you want to follow me the link for that thread is http://www.imminst.o...o...c=26564&hl=

#82 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 12:58 AM

We really should have that covered with the two matters I brought up in my CI or Die thread, in fact we should be over the top. Let me go check on that Mind, and you want to follow me the link for that thread is http://www.imminst.o...o...c=26564&hl=

Once we get confirmation on this post we should know if we are over the top or not.
http://www.imminst.o...&...st&p=297150

#83 Mind

• 13,394 posts
  • yes

Posted 01 February 2009 - 01:28 AM

Ok, I'll hold off on donating anymore until I here from you.

#84 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 01:30 AM

Ok, I'll hold off on donating anymore until I here from you.

We should be over the top. :~

#85 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 01:34 AM

You know Mind, I thought that we would be doing well if we got this done in 4 months. If you ask me, this was an amazing show of how powerful this organization and it's member base is. What other Immortalist group out there could have done this? I can't think of one, can you?

#86 Mind

• 13,394 posts
  • yes

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:32 PM

According to Shannon and the Venturists we are now over the top, netting another $1,605 in the last couple of days. I will be sending out the $8,000 matching check to the fund soon.

You are correct. This was an amazing effort by the community. We lost a couple of great people in the last month (Marce and Chris), we are not going to lose you.

#87 eternaltraveler

• Member, Guardian
  • 6,465 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 01:29 AM

According to Shannon and the Venturists we are now over the top, netting another $1,605 in the last couple of days. I will be sending out the $8,000 matching check to the fund soon.

You are correct. This was an amazing effort by the community. We lost a couple of great people in the last month (Marce and Chris), we are not going to lose you.

WHOOO!

#88 Shannon Vyff

• Lifetime Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,831 posts
  • yes

Posted 02 February 2009 - 02:36 AM

We have many heroes to thank!

#89 thefirstimmortal

• 6,912 posts

Posted 02 February 2009 - 06:31 AM

Thank You Mind,
I can’t tell you how much of a relief this is for me, for more than one reason. First and most obvious is now I have a safety net. Next time I’m getting real close to death like I was in late December I won’t have any worries, if rescue mission one fails then rescue mission 2 gets me into the future.

There is another reason for relief, I made a promise to Dave Pizer way back sometime in September I think, that I would survive long enough for the suspension account to be fully funded.

I always keep my word.

Thank You again Mind
and Live Long and Well.

Attached Files

#90 Mongo

• 1 posts

Posted 20 February 2009 - 12:46 AM

We have many heroes to thank!

Hi,

Just got the word on the CI Yahoo forum that the total was reached; Bob Ettinger took a promissory note from me for $900---so there should be some Slack for those expenses that will come up. I also posted about you on my Facebook network, which will get it around the Free Staters anyway!

Cheers, and best wishes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users