* * * * * 19 votes

Cerebrolysin

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2208 replies to this topic

#2071 dlancelot

• 15 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:50 PM

Hi Flex

In the UK we have a nationalized health service ie state dotors.

I have actually got a months worth of Cere already. I tried hiring a private nurse - noone would do it because no UK prescription.

My family wouldn't be happy with that anyways - they basically want someone in a suit sitting behind a desk saying that it is safe for me to take.

I was hoping someone on this thread must be under the care of a doctor and could give me their details. What country they are in doesn't matter I will travel.

Seriously - noone????? :(

Charlotte, getting an MD/GP to prescribe a Noot could be tricky.  I'm guessing that you're under the legal age of consent in your country?  Living by myself, I feel confident to injecting with the supervision of a nurse, I would have to get a GP to support that.  Otherwise, I'm using a needle free injection device as I hate needles.

#2072 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:32 PM

wow! what for a needle free injection device do You use ?

Btw: isnt it a problem that it possibly doesnt inject it IM so rather subcutan ?

Edited by Flex, 13 August 2014 - 08:33 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2073 dlancelot

• 15 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:37 PM

Btw: isnt it a problem that it possibly doesnt inject it IM so rather subcutan ?

I don't currently use the product...yet.  IM is the best for Cerebrolysin.  BIOJECT and PharmaJet are the leading IM needle free companies in north America from what I can see.

#2074 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:08 PM

Cool, didnt know that this is allready on the market.

Unfortunaetly it isnt for IM -.- otherwise I would buy it and dont had to buy Injection filters and the other stuff anymore

#2075 crazepharmacist

• 94 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:20 AM

Ceretropic has P21 solution.

P21 is a peptide that was developed by reverse engineering Cerebrolysin's effect using epitope mapping. Researchers found that the main neurogenic and memory enhancing effects from Cerebrolysin were due to its ability to react to human CNTF. So the researchers narrowed their search, and found that an 11-mer peptide, labeled peptide 6 (Ac-VGDGGLFEKKL-NH2), enhanced hippocampus-dependent learning and memory, increased neurogenesis, and neuronal plasticity. They then determined the most active sub-sequence in the peptide called peptide 6C (Ac-DGGL-NH2). However, this peptide sequence showed to have poor blood brain barrier permeability, and was easily broken down by plasma enzymes. To combat this, they added an adamantane moiety to the N-terminus of the peptide sequence. This highly lipophilic tricyclic alkane greatly increased the BBB permeability, and protected the peptide from enzymatic degredation. This made the new peptide able to be active when taken via subcutaneous administration. That is how P21 (Ac-DGGL^A-NH2) was born.

• Informative x 2
  • Agree x 1

#2076 dlancelot

• 15 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:36 AM

Ceretropic has P21 solution.

P21 is a peptide that was developed by reverse engineering Cerebrolysin's effect using epitope mapping. Researchers found that the main neurogenic and memory enhancing effects from Cerebrolysin were due to its ability to react to human CNTF. So the researchers narrowed their search, and found that an 11-mer peptide, labeled peptide 6 (Ac-VGDGGLFEKKL-NH2), enhanced hippocampus-dependent learning and memory, increased neurogenesis, and neuronal plasticity. They then determined the most active sub-sequence in the peptide called peptide 6C (Ac-DGGL-NH2). However, this peptide sequence showed to have poor blood brain barrier permeability, and was easily broken down by plasma enzymes. To combat this, they added an adamantane moiety to the N-terminus of the peptide sequence. This highly lipophilic tricyclic alkane greatly increased the BBB permeability, and protected the peptide from enzymatic degredation. This made the new peptide able to be active when taken via subcutaneous administration. That is how P21 (Ac-DGGL^A-NH2) was born.

Very interesting Craze, thank you. Have you tried this newer compound?

#2077 crazepharmacist

• 94 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:38 AM

I have not. I just noticed it listed today as I was checking to see if SEMAX was in stock. I believe it is very new. I have not seen misteryouaresodumb(the owner of ceretropic) comment on it yet.
  • like x 1

#2078 NootropicEU

• Topic Starter
  • 214 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:45 PM

what is at the moment the best place to buy cerebrolysin?

... We might be able to lower the price or do a promotion for longecity members at the end of the month ;)

@NootropicEU: Any prospective for an offer soon?

Hello,

Luckily we can do a limited time promo for Longecity members again. For every 4 boxes of Cerebrolysin you get 1 box for free! It applies to both 5ml and 10ml packs. To use the offer please quote LONGECITY with your order. Valid for 1 week.

I don't currently use the product...yet.  IM is the best for Cerebrolysin.  BIOJECT and PharmaJet are the leading IM needle free companies in north America from what I can see.

Bioject and Pharmajet can only inject up to 0.5ml of liquid max. I guess its good for flu jabs...

Edited by NootropicEU, 14 August 2014 - 04:46 PM.

#2079 barbelith42

• 25 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:49 AM

X-post from part of this in response to Adderall supplementation requests: (http://www.longecity...er/#entry682842)

"- P21 -- A surprisingly useful tool recently added to my toolbox. Added an incredible ease of fluid thinking, if simply through accessible energy and capacity to manage attention and thus increased working memory. 125-250mcg provided ever-so-slight energy and noticeable awareness and lucidity for 3-6 hours on its own and with Adderall. 500-750mcg was fine without Adderall. More than that increased the effects but resulted in the slightest urge to take a nap after more of the positive effects above. At 1.5mg the effects seemed to result in diminishing returns in positive effects with a more pronounced sense of wanting to take a pleasant nap. Induced remarkably vivid memories of dreams the night before, and in particular involved becoming lucid, turning a neutral dream into positive, controlled one, and then waking myself up consciously feeling warm, calm energy. It seemed to be easier to store and retrieve complex information (bio, chem, calc). I've only tried it for 5 days and am taking a short break, as that is the protocol for Cerebrolysin, of which it is apparently a highly-active component peptide."

So far, I've been loving it. I must say that the first day off after 5 days on was remarkably vivid. I wrote that post, went to class, performed a lab experiment in more breadth and depth than usual in less time than allotted and expected, went out that night, made a lot of new friends, and ended up partying late into the night with one of them. I was in the zone. Actually, now that I think about it, even on day 2 last weekend at a party I was in the zone -- I went to a party and met an incredible woman and sparks flew like I haven't remembered in a while. The whole time I was socializing and meeting everyone there. This is after a few weeks of kind of being a shut-in doing research and work (well, and surfing), after which I usually take a few social events to "warm up" to my usual extroversion. This is day 2 off and I feel a little sharper than normal even though I haven't had any kind of supplement over the last 2 days besides my daily multivitamin and activated B-complex with methyltetrahydrofolate (Thorne Methyl-Guard) to support my MTHFR C677T & MTRR A644A +/- mutations, implicated in impaired processing of folic acid to the above in the methylation cycle (viz. snp rs1801133 & rs1802059 and/or http://www.heartfixe...trigenomics.htm for details -- I found this out using 23andme & geneticgenie.com/nutrahacker.com). I'm resuming protocol today for another 5 days as this is my first week in 5d on/ 2d off to mimic Cerebrolysin's recommended protocol for 4-6 weeks.

Ceretropic's Paul a.k.a MisterYouAreSoDumb and Jason a.k.a. Guacamolium on reddit have posted about P21 here: 

http://www.reddit.co...t_its_supposed/

They are both very knowledgeable and accessible via Ceretropic's contact info at the site. I've had short conversations with Paul regarding Selank and P21 since I started ordering from them a couple weeks ago and he's been incredibly helpful and responsive. It's really exciting to potentially get some of the benefits of Cerebrolysin with only subcutaneous injections (which I am comfortable with as they are easy, safe, and performed by diabetics everywhere daily) rather than intramuscular injections (which I don't want to perform without proper equipment -- which I will do in the upcoming months). They seem to be initially working with about 1mg dosages similar to Semax, but Paul is considering slightly increasing that to 1.5mg in his private experiments. I've been working with 0.5mg-1.mg, but I like small increments of 0.125-0.250mg as I do not feel any "napogenic" effects (as Jason humorously described them) a few hours later at that dosage. 

EDIT: I'd also like to point out another anecdote in hindsight: I had never had the drive/impulse/what-have-you with that perfect combination of creative flow of prose, intellectual analysis, and memory of studied research at the same time to synthesize these sorts of posts until day 4 of my first week of P21 tests. It does overlap with week 4 of my noopept tests, but I haven't been taking it with regularity as I only like to take it when I'm going to be working alone all day and not have to entertain distractions. I think that it's a remarkable coincidence worth noting. It's not only that I don't feel any writer's block or too distracted to consistently focus, but that I fluidly and spontaneously did so when I opened longecity -- which I have been doing for the last few months consistently, and for many, many years on and off beforehand.

Edited by barbelith42, 24 August 2014 - 01:39 AM.

• like x 1

#2080 Contained

• 2 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 02:26 AM

Hey all, I started my Cerebro regiment yesterday after a few months of researching and reading through this thread (a lot). I had a question about storage, though. I'm using the 10ml vials but only doing 5ml every other day. I break the ampule and then fill up 2 syringes, putting one in the fridge (double ziplock bagged) until I use it.

I was wondering if I should be keeping all of the ampules in the fridge while I'm not using them. They're away from light and heat, but I want to know if it's required to keep them in an even colder environment.

My second question, I got them in the mail the day I left Texas to drive to Oregon. There were a few instances where they were left in my car, in the package, but it did get a bit hot in the car sometimes. Should I be worried that the vials were contaminated by the heat? I had no adverse reaction with my injection yesterday.

Thanks in advance

#2081 Fenix_

• 183 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 September 2014 - 04:02 AM

Hey I just stumbled upon these peptides, P21 Semax and Selank. I think it is awesome what the fellows at Ceretropic are doing. Sort of like a nootropic version of Alexander Shulgin. Anyways, it would be great if anyone else could chime in on P21 because I am thinking of pullung the trigger and purchasing some. Or possibly some other peptide?

Edited by Fenix_, 03 September 2014 - 04:02 AM.

#2082 CatChelator

• 44 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:21 AM

Re nootropic.eu: I bought some from them with the sale code. This shipment is packaged in slightly different shaped vials than I'm used to. Slightly taller and straighter edges perhaps.

I've done two 10ml injections, each time I've had a mildly upset stomach and been quite dazed which is not a reaction I've had before with the other shipments.

Any thoughts? Anyone else seen new packaging?

I'll have to see if there's use by dates on the package. It could also be old stock rather than new.

Perhaps heat has effected the solution. If I keep getting stomach reactions I guess I should take it as a sign that something's not right and stop using it.

#2083 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:45 AM

Yes I´ve noted the different package i.e. not transparent plastic compared to other.

But I didnt noticed any great differences.

A possible explanation could be, that You hitted a vein or anything but the muscle.

Which would cause a rush / slight overdose.

This happened to me once I freezed like it was -10 celsius got nausea and shaked like a junkie :laugh:

but it relieved on it self after ~3mins.

But the nausea still happened sometimes.

Make Your own mind. So try another injection site or try to check the batch.. dunno

#2084 Keizo

• 483 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:58 AM

I think diarrhea, fatigue, and feeling warm, are normal side effects in some instances. Several people in this thread have reported shitting their pants, it is also listed in the leaflet. Now of course all those side-effects are 1 in 1000 or less, or so they say.

Once after using 5ml for a week or so, I remember I felt very weak. Influenza like symptoms, which went away when I stopped using it and lowered the dosage. Also some diarrhea.

Edited by Keizo, 04 September 2014 - 09:04 AM.

• unsure x 1

#2085 CatChelator

• 44 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 02:18 PM

I think diarrhea, fatigue, and feeling warm, are normal side effects in some instances. Several people in this thread have reported shitting their pants, it is also listed in the leaflet. Now of course all those side-effects are 1 in 1000 or less, or so they say.

Once after using 5ml for a week or so, I remember I felt very weak. Influenza like symptoms, which went away when I stopped using it and lowered the dosage. Also some diarrhea.

Ok cool thanks. Don't think the pamphlet had any English on it...couldn't make out anything that looked like 'May shit pants'.

Weird, it hasn't made me feel like this before. Hopefully the dazed/brain dead feelings will subside, I can handle the shit pants vibe though.

#2086 Keizo

• 483 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 September 2014 - 08:42 PM

I think someone in this thread translated this (see file).

Attached Files

#2087 NootropicEU

• Topic Starter
  • 214 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:03 AM

Re nootropic.eu: I bought some from them with the sale code. This shipment is packaged in slightly different shaped vials than I'm used to. Slightly taller and straighter edges perhaps.

I've done two 10ml injections, each time I've had a mildly upset stomach and been quite dazed which is not a reaction I've had before with the other shipments.

I'll have to see if there's use by dates on the package. It could also be old stock rather than new.

Perhaps heat has effected the solution. If I keep getting stomach reactions I guess I should take it as a sign that something's not right and stop using it.

We don't usually have old stock. As soon as it runs out we get more. I have also received many questions about the packaging.

Serial number: PA6653. Valid until 07 2017. Cerebrolysin which has expiry date less than 1 year will never be sold. This is the picture of the current packaging:
1483363_806597926052444_3008863201833966
We are doing promo for Longecity members again. Buy 4 get 1 free! Valid for 7 days. Just mention Longecity with your order.

#2088 CatChelator

• 44 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:20 AM

We don't usually have old stock. As soon as it runs out we get more. I have also received many questions about the packaging.

Serial number: PA6653. Valid until 07 2017. Cerebrolysin which has expiry date less than 1 year will never be sold. This is the picture of the current packaging:
1483363_806597926052444_3008863201833966
We are doing promo for Longecity members again. Buy 4 get 1 free! Valid for 7 days. Just mention Longecity with your order.

Yep, I checked the date on the package: 7 2017

Haven't had any more stomach problems with the last two IMs.

#2089 Zalmar

• 8 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 11:33 PM

thanks for the promo ill check it out

#2090 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:56 PM

Hi Flex
In the UK we have a nationalized health service ie state dotors.
I have actually got a months worth of Cere already. I tried hiring a private nurse - noone would do it because no UK prescription.
My family wouldn't be happy with that anyways - they basically want someone in a suit sitting behind a desk saying that it is safe for me to take.
I was hoping someone on this thread must be under the care of a doctor and could give me their details. What country they are in doesn't matter I will travel.

Seriously - noone????? :(

The uk health care is absolutely appaling and shocking, its the worst healthcare in the world, while uk citizens admire the nhs lol
  • Agree x 1

#2091 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 17 September 2014 - 07:59 PM

Only problem is I need a doctor that speaks English.

Everyone in most europe countrys can speak english.

#2092 chairofgold

• 90 posts

Posted 28 September 2014 - 09:52 PM

Hey all. I haven't posted here since Dec 2012 so some of you don't remember me. I used CRB in the past and had good results. I recently ordered from NootropicEU. I live in Ca USA with a city limit under 250,000. I'll give you all an update on the cost from BPS to USD and the time it took to arrive here. Sometime afterwards I'll tell you more about the product and the effects. Post you all later!

Edited by chairofgold, 28 September 2014 - 09:56 PM.

#2093 hullcrush

• 83 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 08:06 AM

My experience of 5 mL IM was dysphoria and malaise. An analagous descriptor would be a mild dose of ketamine. Studies routinely gave 60 mil IV, so I'm not too worried. I have other confounding variables (not drug related) that may have yielded a less than acceptable trial..
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#2094 PowerfulP

• 30 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 09:16 AM

Has anyone else noted a positive effect from cerebrolysin or P21 for treating benzo PAWS?

Today was my second day of P21 and I felt clear-headed, an increase in energy and motivation, and a good overall sense of well-being.

I have tapered off of benzos and it seems to help reduce hellish PAWS symptoms already, namely depersonalization, fog, anhedonia, and intrusive thoughts.

I am amazed to note any effects since it has only been two days. Seems to be more than mere placebo. Happy to add it to my stack and continue on to see. 

Edited by PowerfulP, 30 September 2014 - 09:18 AM.

#2095 Keizo

• 483 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:34 AM

I can't remember if anyone else used it for benzo PAWS...

Well I did as I have mentioned, and I also experienced much betterment after just a day or two of 5ml cere.

Comparing this to low dose ketamine? hmmm I did feel very strange and I guess dissociated when I got those feverish flu-like symptoms (after using 5ml for a week or so). Felt very weak physically, but mentally it wasn't as bad of an experience. It was just a bit strange, I was for example thinking about video games I played when I was 10-12, and looking at different emotional states I have had in the past, all in rather good detail. Something like that, and it went away after a day or two. Then I stopped using 5ml every day and have not experienced it since. 

Currently I plan to use 5ml every other day, for about 20 days. I find that would be optimal, since I do develop a tired feeling after 2 weeks or so.

#2096 Flex

• 1,629 posts

Posted 30 September 2014 - 10:58 AM

Has anyone else noted a positive effect from cerebrolysin or P21 for treating benzo PAWS?

Today was my second day of P21 and I felt clear-headed, an increase in energy and motivation, and a good overall sense of well-being.

I have tapered off of benzos and it seems to help reduce hellish PAWS symptoms already, namely depersonalization, fog, anhedonia, and intrusive thoughts.

I am amazed to note any effects since it has only been two days. Seems to be more than mere placebo. Happy to add it to my stack and continue on to see. 

I wonder whether P21 has any lasting effects.

Ps: I dont have PAWS

Edited by Flex, 30 September 2014 - 11:01 AM.

#2097 dunkiez

• 10 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 September 2014 - 12:24 PM

It been about 5 months since my first cycle of cere, 10X10ML 1 day on 1 day off schedule. I'm a healthy male in my mid twenties, running two start-up businesses, and needless to say life's pretty hectic and stressful. Prior to my cere cycle, I've always had a slightly depressed/down disposition, and suffer occasional bouts of anxiety where I would feel cortisol course down my arms and make my fingers tingle.

Effects of the cere are very immediate and obvious, where the depressed state and anxiety attacks completely disappeared. Instead of being stressed out and worked up over things and feeling depressed the whole day, I experienced a more balanced disposition where I'm able to handle problems analytically and walk through life with ease. I also get more amused, and even-tempered.

Eventually over the course of about 5 months, the effects slowly went away, and now I feel like I'm more prone to anxiety, and the even-temperedness ad ability to handle stressful situations with ease has generally gone away. However I think there is still about 10-20% of the effects left, where I'm more aware of my emotions and snap out of negative states faster.

I've read that cere has the potential to cause positive long term changes in the brain chemistry, but it seems like most of the positive changes have gone away, does anybody think I should do another cycle, and if so, would this have to be a long term thing over the course of years in order to sustain the effect?  And if so, is this recommended for a young man in his mid-twenties or are there long term ramifications that guys like me have to endure later in life?

Also does anybody think I can explore other forms of treatment that can be beneficial for me?  

Thanks guys!

• like x 2

#2098 chairofgold

• 90 posts

Posted 01 October 2014 - 02:52 AM

What is P21 and or P22? Have you tried CRB and what if any difference do have you noticed if you have tried the two?

Edited by chairofgold, 01 October 2014 - 02:52 AM.

#2099 Keizo

• 483 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 October 2014 - 05:57 AM

from ceretropic.com 

We have always been intrigued by the effects of Cerebrolysin. However, the fact that it is an extract from pig's brain, with a lot of different peptides and amino acids, made us a little leery. Not to mention the fact that it needs 5ml injected intramuscularly. So we set out to determine the most potent peptide in Cerebrolysin, then synthesize that pure. However, during our research we realized we could go even further. Enter P21.

P21 is a peptide that was developed by reverse engineering Cerebrolysin's effect using epitope mapping. Researchers found that the main neurogenic and memory enhancing effects from Cerebrolysin were due to its ability to react to human CNTF. So the researchers narrowed their search, and found that an 11-mer (undeca) peptide, labeled peptide 6 (Ac-VGDGGLFEKKL-NH2), enhanced hippocampus-dependent learning and memory, increased neurogenesis, and neuronal plasticity. They then determined the most active sub-sequence in the peptide called peptide 6C (Ac-DGGL-NH2). However, this peptide sequence showed to have poor blood brain barrier permeability, and was easily broken down by plasma enzymes. To combat this, they added an adamantane moiety to the N-terminus of the peptide sequence. This highly lipophilic tricyclic alkane greatly increased the BBB permeability, and protected the peptide from enzymatic degredation. This made the new peptide able to be active when taken via subcutaneous administration. That is how P21 (Ac-DGGL^A-NH2) was born.

Product contains one vial of P21 peptide (100mg). Purchase a bottle of bacteriostatic water separately. One bottle of bacteriostatic water will be suitable for many peptide vials.

Some other vendors supply 95% purity or lower to save on costs. All our peptides are at least 98% purity, with most being higher than 99%. Peptides are also susceptible to degredate due to heat, light and moisture. We keep all peptides as lyophilized powder in temperature controlled medical fridges until time of packaging, then hand deliver the shipments to the post office at specific delivery times. This avoids the possibility of sitting for long periods in Postal Service trucks in the heat. You can be assured that the peptide that reaches your lab is as pure as possible.

WARNING: P21 is a brand new and untested substance. There is little safety data regarding its use in humans. It is not approved for human consumption, and is intended for laboratory research purposes only.

• dislike x 1
  • like x 1
  • WellResearched x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#2100 JASOG888

• 107 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 October 2014 - 11:09 AM

My concern with getting their product is that it is a solution. Peptides are delicate things once reconstituted. I would prefer to do that myself.

• Good Point x 1
  • dislike x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users