Photo
- - - - -

1,3-dimethylamylamine

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 bigsend

• 54 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 05:01 AM

Does anyone here have experience with this chemical? Here is the description from nutraplanet:

"1,3-dimethylamylamine is a derivative of geranium oil which resembles the body's own chemical messenger, epinephrine (adrenaline). Similar to adrenaline, 1,3-dimethylamylamine exihibits a powerful CNS stimulanting ability, for increased energy, mental clarity, and physical performance. 1,3-dimethylamylamine works through a similar pathway as ephedrine, causing an increase in cAMP (the chemical messenger that triggers fat release and provides potent appetite suppression and thermogenic action)."

#2 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 10:58 AM

It gives me a clean stimulation with no nervousness. It renders itself ineffective if I take it 3 days in a row, so I only take it a couple times a week. I like it.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 bigsend

• Topic Starter
  • 54 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 09:01 PM

Interesting. How long does it last and at what dosage? Is it useful for thinking as well as physical activity?

#4 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 08 March 2009 - 11:18 PM

I take it for jogging usually, and the effects are usually about 2 hours for me. I do have to note that there is a drastic crash 4-5 hours after taking it, but I haven't experienced a severe one in a while, so I guess my body got used to it. Like I said though, I don't take it regularly because it quickly loses effectiveness. I've seen many people around the forums who do not respond at all to this substance.

Edit: Dosage usually is just 25mg, sometimes 50mg - which feels similar to 25mg in me.

Edited by somethingtoxic, 08 March 2009 - 11:19 PM.

#5 zm3thod

• 143 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 06:36 PM

does anyone else have experience/info on this?

#6 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 06:39 PM

I would take a look on bodybuilding fora, its pretty popular there as a ephedrine replacement.

#7 Warrior

• 15 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 08:00 PM

Seen it combined with an ECA or similar stack. Seen people crash into a fog.

One person stated it was in the amphedamine family and was concerned about longterm effects.

This product is basically universally effective but more of a focus drug.

Most have results.

#8 Animal

• 689 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 08:34 PM

The crash is unpleasant, enough reason for me to avoid it. But I have used it in the past to enhance workouts.

#9 Warrior

• 15 posts

Posted 31 August 2010 - 09:09 PM

I might add that it is suspected to function on epinephrine last I heard and thus increase aggression and irritability in some.

#10 NR2(x)

• 253 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 04:59 AM

Look at the chemical structure, its definitly a reuptake inhibitor of phenylethylamines, the methyl group could change some specificities making it more amphetamine like. But its just a really weak ritalin, with a heavy body load.

#11 Chicago Wine Geek

• 3 posts

Posted 01 September 2010 - 08:43 PM

It is in some of the weight lifting pre workout supplements and fat burners. I kind of like it. Lots of info on the bodybuilding.com forums.

#12 zm3thod

• 143 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 11:24 PM

Thanks for the replies. I'm never know whether to trust a body building formula, they tend to take more risks than most people here

I think I'm going to avoid this for now, because there doesn't seem to be that much conclusive information and it sounds like something I don't want to mess with

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#13 DavidP

• 29 posts

Posted 12 September 2010 - 01:59 AM

I also crash after about 2 hours and just want to sleep the rest of the day. I took it twice and pushed the bottle to the back of the cabinet. I will not take this again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users