Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Has anyone tried oil pulling?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nancyd

• 249 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 10:27 PM

I just started this using coconut oil. You swish oil in your mouth for 20 minutes in the morning before you drink water, eat, etc. Supposedly it cures receding gumlines, cavities, infections, whitens.... It's part of ayurvedic medicine.

#2 4eva

• 426 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 01:17 PM

I just started this using coconut oil. You swish oil in your mouth for 20 minutes in the morning before you drink water, eat, etc. Supposedly it cures receding gumlines, cavities, infections, whitens.... It's part of ayurvedic medicine.

You can also brush your teeth with coconut oil based tooth soaps.

Tropical Traditions makes a tooth cleaner out of coconut oil and some other stuff. But no fuoride, no glycerin, no additives, etc.

Tooth soapTM
Ingredients: Specially formulated soap made from saponified coconut, palm, extra virgin olive oils and pure essential oil. NO added glycerin, sweeteners, silicates (sand), fluoride, dyes, stabilizers or other material that can damage teeth. Certified Kosher by Star-K. One jar lasts 2 people 3 months so you SAVE MONEY! Note: This estimate is based on those who brush twice a day.

Clean teeth tooth soap
Ingredients:
Olive oil, purified water,
coconut oil, sodium hydroxide, avocado oil, sweet almond oil, palm oil ,essential oils of peppermint and myrrh.

It seems odd to brush your teeth with oil but it does sound interesting. Less chemicals is a good thing. I like coconut oil and it has antibacterial properties (caprylic acid).

There are some of these products on amazon and I think from a quick look they got good reviews.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users