* * * * * 1 votes

Rhodiola rosea as a nootropic

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#31 skp14

• 7 posts

Posted 16 February 2010 - 03:59 PM

From evitamins.com - http://bit.ly/aW87FL

Rhodiola has a more stimulating effect at lower amounts, and a more sedating effect at higher amounts. In medical treatment, the usual amounts taken are 200 to 600 mg per day of a standardized extract to at least 3% rosavins and 0.8 to 1% salidroside. The nonstandardized amount would be 1 gram three times daily of the root, the amount for the alcoholic extract (40% alcohol) is 5 to 40 drops two to three times per day (with a weight to volume ratio of 1:1 to 1:5 ). Rhodiola is usually taken before meals.
  • like x 2

#32 Andrey_81

• 249 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:41 AM

I need to say that I'm confused... I read a lot about how rhodiola is great for anxiety. I bought 500 mg capsules and on the bottle it says that is should be avoided by people suffering from anxiety (?). So what is correct?

Is there a safe dose? Should I split the capsule and take max 250 mg daily?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 Tveg

• 5 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 10:40 PM

I found this:

Recommended dosage for Rhodiola:

100-170 mg./day for 3,6% rosavin extract
180-300 mg./day 2% rosavin extract
360-600 mg./day 1% rosavin extract

Do you think it is right?

Edited by Tveg, 18 July 2012 - 10:42 PM.

#34 Andrey_81

• 249 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:00 AM

I found this:

I can confirm that this is completely right! I tried rhodiola (made by now food, 500 mg, 3% rosavin) in order to reduce my anxiety but I had big problems with 500 mg per day (heart palpitations, higher anxiety, panic attacks, sweating, sleeping problems...). I even tried to split the dosage and I took only 250 mg per day. It was OK for few days but then I experienced the same problems. I decided to quit rhodiola and I was so sad to do this because I read so many benefits from this plant. Then I read your post and decided to try again. Now I split the capsule in 3 parts and take only cca 166 mg per day (early in the morning). I feel great! Like never before :) I hope that this great feeling will last forever. I'm completely calm, relaxed but again full of energy, motivation and positive thinking. No more sleeping problems. If you decide to take rhodiola do not take more than it is needed. Less is more when you take rhodiola!

#35 protoject

• 952 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:23 PM

Agreed, 200mg was good when I first started using it, 600mg caused problems.
  • like x 1

#36 jonnyD

• 181 posts

Posted 31 July 2012 - 10:25 AM

I have capsules with 144mg extract (3,6% rosavin) and 2 of them are very stimulating... I have to admit that i am very impressed by this stuff.

Combined with Pramiracetan is the "focus effect" comparable with methylphenidate but with less side effects.

#37 Tveg

• 5 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:30 AM

I feel those effects with other herbs too, and even multivitamins, but I easily balance it at night with sedatives like valerian root, in fact I weak up with more energy when I do that and I think it is nonsense to energize the morning but not sedate the night. These kind of herbs usually activates the adrenals, which is someting we should kind of "turn off" at night, right? (please correct me if I am wrong, I am self-taught, not a scientist). The thing is I am buying Rohdiola powder and it will be difficult to check the doses, I'll probably overdo it so I'll keep you posted.

Edited by Tveg, 09 August 2012 - 11:31 AM.

#38 Izan

• 387 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 02:15 PM

I have capsules with 144mg extract (3,6% rosavin) and 2 of them are very stimulating... I have to admit that i am very impressed by this stuff.

Combined with Pramiracetan is the "focus effect" comparable with methylphenidate but with less side effects.

what brand are you using?

#39 jonnyD

• 181 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 03:24 PM

The product name is "Rhodiolan NE" from Dr. Loges (a german brand).
They say it contains the orgininal SHR-5 extract (Arctic Root) of the swedish herbal institute.

It is pretty expensive (~35 € per month, 2 capsules a day). I always try find a product of proven high quality to test a new supplement.
I had bad experiences with some cheap brands (like biovea) and everything that is sold by a german pharmacy has to pass quality tests.
If it works good --> i look for a cheaper one with the same effect.

#40 neuropill

• 102 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:54 AM

The product name is "Rhodiolan NE" from Dr. Loges (a german brand).
They say it contains the orgininal SHR-5 extract (Arctic Root) of the swedish herbal institute.

It is pretty expensive (~35 € per month, 2 capsules a day). I always try find a product of proven high quality to test a new supplement.
I had bad experiences with some cheap brands (like biovea) and everything that is sold by a german pharmacy has to pass quality tests.
If it works good --> i look for a cheaper one with the same effect.

I've taken this more as needed in the past for it's MAO-B inhibiting effects but decided to do a trial daily for a month.

I decided for value and quality to go with LEF's 300 mg [(std. to 3% rosavins(7.5 mg), NLT 1% salidrosides (2.5 mg)].

The studies do look quite promising.

In a double-blind crossover human trial, rhodiola increased several measures of mental performance, including associative thinking, short-term memory, concentration, calculation and speed of audiovisual perception. Statistically significant improvements were reported after just two weeks of supplementation.3 More recent clinical trials have found that Rhodiola rosea significantly improves physical and cognitive deficiencies.4-7

3. Phytomedicine. 2000 Oct;7(5):365-71.
4. Adv Ther. 2007 Jul-Aug;24(4):929-39.
5. J Sports Med Phys Fitness. 2010 Mar;50(1):57-63.
6. Phytomedicine. 2011 Feb 15;18(4):235-44.
7. Int J Sport Nutr Exerc Metab. 2009 Apr;19(2):186-99.

I'm abit curious of the side effects being reported at higher doses first glance this looks safe but has anyone reported any serious problems or just being too stimulating?

#41 Sasha_

• 77 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 10:20 AM

Hi there !

Found that forum just recently after I ordered my first "Get Smart".(about a week ago)
I have been taking Rhodiola (together with st John's wort) on a regular basis for one year before deciding to give a try to Panax Ginseng, and further web browsing made me stumble upon piracetam, which led me here.

But back to Rhodiola, I just want to share my experience with it. I started taking it a year ago when I found myself working in a stressful place along with a few bitchy co-workers that made my stress levels go way up. You need to know I always had a fragile nature, as far as I can remember I always experienced what I consider a mild form of depression, which intensity would vary depending on my surroundings and or events in my life. I have been suffering from social anxiety too.

All these symptoms improved with me getting older, but yet I can really say Rhodiola as helped me cope and give me the extra push I needed to arise as a more considerated and respected member in my workplace.

Upon advice of a salesperson where I bought the supplements, I started taking 1 capsule of Rhodiola and 1 of St John's wort together twice daily. I can't fathom how these two plants work synergetically (perhaps someone here can enlighten me) but they sure do for me, I got better mood, more energy/stamina, and felt stimulated without feeling stressed or jittery. My concentration got better, and although I think I was intellectually stimulated I can't tell wether this kind of stimulation might be beneficial for someone who deals with important mental tasks.
I always stuck to that dosage, but sometimes tried Rhodiola without St John's wort, and got generally a bit more "agitated", and increased heat in my body, and sometimes got edgy and impatient.
Some days, it would also make me feel a tight bit worse, I figured it just doesn't do miracles, if you feel a bit low, chances are your body chemistry's low too, and using Rhodiola would just burn it up more quickly...that's my very amateurish and non scientific explanation.

As for the supplement itself, I took: Viridian Maximum Potency Rhodiola Rosea 250mg standardised extract (3% rosavins,1%salidrozid,40% polyphenols) 130mg rhodiola rosea root powder.(per cap.)
Viridian St John's wort 175mg standardised extract (0,3% hypericin) 119mg raw st John's wort power.(per cap.)

The way Rhodiola should be taken (according to many sources) is that you take the capsules and wait a minimum of 20min after which you should eat something. Also you should do a 7/10 days cure and get of it for a week, and start again. It looses its efficiency otherwise, and can even make you feel burned out (in my own experience that is)

Anyways, got tired of it and started less than a month ago to take Panax ginseng, and I already think that it is better, less mental heat/agitation, and more physical stamina.That suits me better since I work as a waiter and work 10 hours shifts on my feet, which can be really draining.

Well that's it for me, thought it might be interresting to add that since I never read about anyone trying Rhodiola in conjunction with St John's wort.

Edited by Sasha_, 17 August 2012 - 10:23 AM.

#42 Weathermaker

• 3 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 03:18 PM

I read about Rhodiola over a year ago as an adaptogenic and gave it a try. It was very good for giving me a slightly clearer mind and a slightly more stamina -- those two "slightlys" added up to a significant improvement in my productivity, which in itself improved my mood. I use New Chapter Rhodiola force 300 mg, and I take it first thing in the morning, and don't eat for a while after.

In the past I've used piracetam and benefitted even more than with Rhodiola, but never got the right balance with choline and had headaches, sowould only take it now and then. Now I'm in a new cycle of experimentation.

Funny, never thought of rhodiola as a nootropic but of course it was for me.

Edited by Weathermaker, 28 August 2012 - 03:19 PM.

#43 Andrey_81

• 249 posts

Posted 13 January 2013 - 09:52 PM

I read that some people complain that rhodiola can make anxiety even worse. Not sure if this happen to me because during the time I took 500 mg of rhodiola per day I was also using brahmi, ashwagandha and fish oil, all mixed together early in the morning. This was bad combination. Later I stopped with brahmi and fish oil and reduced intake of rhodiola to cca 130-200 mg per day. From that time I have good experience with rhodiola but after a while I need to make a break because I start to feel weird. Again, maybe it has nothing to do with rhodiola, but after a while break is always a good thing (not to build tolerance)

Can somebody clarify, how rhodiola works and why can make anxiety worse even though it's known to reduce anxiety. All I know is that rhodiola lowers the cortisol and effect the body to produce more serotonin. According to this, I see no reason why can rhodiola intensify anxiety. It makes no sense.

#44 NeuroNootropic

• 239 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 02:56 AM

I found this:

I can confirm that this is completely right! I tried rhodiola (made by now food, 500 mg, 3% rosavin) in order to reduce my anxiety but I had big problems with 500 mg per day (heart palpitations, higher anxiety, panic attacks, sweating, sleeping problems...). I even tried to split the dosage and I took only 250 mg per day. It was OK for few days but then I experienced the same problems. I decided to quit rhodiola and I was so sad to do this because I read so many benefits from this plant. Then I read your post and decided to try again. Now I split the capsule in 3 parts and take only cca 166 mg per day (early in the morning). I feel great! Like never before :) I hope that this great feeling will last forever. I'm completely calm, relaxed but again full of energy, motivation and positive thinking. No more sleeping problems. If you decide to take rhodiola do not take more than it is needed. Less is more when you take rhodiola!

I guess that's if you are normal and don't suffer from any mental problems. I have dysthmia and take 1 capsule of NOW Foods R.R along with 1000 mg of Maca and a cup of coffee and I am definitely not experiencing any anxiety, sweating, heart, or sleeping problems. In fact, my sleep has gotten much better now and I am able to run faster on the treadmill than I used to prior to taking R.R. I'm not sure if this is because of R.R enhancing energy (mitochondria thing) or whether my body is just adapting to the exercise.

Sadly, I have not had any positive effects on motivation.

#45 agedman

• 3 posts

Posted 15 March 2013 - 05:39 PM

I found this:

How were you able to split the Rhodiola from NOW? The one in the veg caps, right? Do you just break them and weigh them?

#46 krsna

• 78 posts

Posted 30 March 2013 - 07:10 PM

I've been using 'cheapie' chinese root, great stuff, I never experienced anything from the more expensive russian roots that a lot of the name brand companies are using for the rosavin content. I've read the chinese stuff has very little rosavin content but high salidrosides and that the salidrosides have a greater dopaminergic effect while the rosavins are more serotonergic (and also less therapeutically relevant). Of course I have derived all of this information from various random forums, so take it with a grain of salt, for what it's worth though I just made a big bulk purchase of root from china and have been able to cut out several other supps with this being so effective for me.

Actually here is one of the studies I had come across:

http://www.thefreeli......-a0176473941

The pure compounds rhodioloside (1), tyrosol (2), rosavin (3), rosarin (4) and rosin (5), isolated from the roots of R. rosea, were also submitted to the behaviour despair assay (Table 1). The highest anti-depressant effects were exhibited by tyrosol (2) and rhodioloside (1). Rosavin, rosarin (4) and rosin (5) were inactive in this test, as were the possible metabolites of the phenylpropanoid glycosides 3-5, namely, cinnamic alcohol (6), cinnamaldehyde (7) and cinnamic acid (8). Cinnamaldehyde, indeed, showed a significant depressive effect in the Porsolt assay.

Edited by bowleaf, 30 March 2013 - 07:34 PM.

#47 krsna

• 78 posts

Posted 01 April 2013 - 02:29 PM

Another interesting study, not sure anyone's taken a look at:

http://www.scicompdf...lsson2_2009.pdf

Specifically: "In a complementary study, the effect of a single 2.5mg dose of rhodioloside [the salidroside component] (an active principle of R. rosea) was shown to be highly comparable with that of the plant extract"

Are people being induced to pay more for siberian/russian extracts based on the 'myth' that rosavins are biologically active and relevant to the perceived effects of Rhodiola? This whole thing reminds me a lot of the suntheanine/l-theanine controversy, suntheanine has done a wonderful job from a marketing perspective to seed the public with doubt on the efficacy of their competitors product by spreading around the 'myth' that all non-suntheanine l-theanine is actually a racemic, mixture of d and l-theanines and therefore less effective and even potentially dangerous. Someone on these forums thankfully investigated further and discovered that there was a very easy way to determine whether a product was pure l-theanine or not based on the COA. People have this odd tendency to think that paying more will give them a better product and marketing companies are great at exploiting this for profit, especially in the case of people who are often suffering numerous ailments and so desperate and unwilling to place a price upon their health and the hope of possible improvement. Just something to consider though, I'd be interested to see if anyone has found any studies showing the rosavin content is in fact as important as all of these large companies claim and for which they insist on only the more expensive russian/siberian rhodiola in contrast to the chinese (assuming the chinese even lacks the rosavin content, which in itself is a bit difficult to swalllow without having once found any actual study that has shown this, despite numerous webpages copypasting the same statement that such a study exists).

Edited by bowleaf, 01 April 2013 - 02:30 PM.

#48 Andrey_81

• 249 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 11:16 AM

I found this:

How were you able to split the Rhodiola from NOW? The one in the veg caps, right? Do you just break them and weigh them?

I always buy this one...I'm on my third bottle. This is probablly the best you can get without spending to much money:
http://iherb.com/p/335?rcode=nnt354

I just open the capsule and it's easy to estimate the dose because the capsule is made out of two parts, one is biger and one is smaller so I just fill the small part of capsule and spill the dose directly to my mouth or in juice. After that I close the capsule and save it for later. Like this from one 500 mg casule I get 2-3 doses.

#49 Godof Smallthings

• 710 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:57 PM

I found this:

I am not sure about dosage, but I can confirm that for me, rhodiola increased irritability and caused insomnia symptoms. A friend of mine also got very bad insomnia from rhodiola; but after withdrawing it and adding it two weeks later at a lower concentration, the insomnia effects disappeared and he is now taking it daily with no negative side effects.

#50 ABCD

• 7 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 11:20 PM

whenever i take rhodiola my back starts aching.

I am taking rhodiola from now foods 500 mg 

Can anyone explain this mystery .Is it hurting my adrenals or kidney?

#51 silvergymnasium

• 13 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 07:53 PM

I've been taking arctic root from swedish herbal institute but it's sold out on every single site

Can anyone find it anywhere (UK based) or recommend a temporary alternative to take for the next month or two until arctic root is back in stock?

Thanks

#52 stan08

• 175 posts
  • NO

Posted 04 November 2014 - 08:07 PM

I've been taking arctic root from swedish herbal institute but it's sold out on every single site

Can anyone find it anywhere (UK based) or recommend a temporary alternative to take for the next month or two until arctic root is back in stock?

Thanks

I'd recommend trying Gaia Herbs Rhodiola Rosea.  I actually like it more than the Swedish Herbal Institute brand.

#53 Sasha_

• 77 posts

Posted 04 November 2014 - 11:16 PM

Or the Viridian one: http://www.viridian-...aspx?k=rhodiola

#54 Satr

• 2 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 November 2014 - 08:31 AM

I am checking brand to order, I was using Rhodiola some time back then ran over my stock and stopped taking for few months.
Now I think its a good time to start again.

To research I have tried several brands including:
Swedish Herbal Institute - Arctic Root
Proactivebio - Rhodiola - if I remember correctly there site went offline a year back not sure why they suddenly disappeared.
New Chapter Force 100 or 300 dont remember which one exactly
Nature's - Rhodiola
GAIA Rhodiola
Few more brands, I will edit the list later.

The interesting thing is when I tried SHI Arctic Root didnt get results, may be 10% I noticed.
Proactivebio have given 30% results.
Force 100 or 300 have shown 50% results.
GAIA must have shown some result dont remember now.
Some body building site - Rhodiola
Amway, Nutrilite - This brand has show confirmed results every time used but it has caffeine.
There is no sure shot brand which have shown confired results, no matter how expensive they are or cheap.

That is why we have to research Rhodiola while trying and invest some in research or atleast discuss which brand works and how.

But let me tell you whenever Rhodiola has effect it has been wonderful, you can lift more weight without getting much tired. You can cope up with that heavy lifting. Some times you will feel that you are running ahead of others from metal perspective.

Let's say you are on a conference call and when you are talking your mental ability increases and you might feel that you have lot in mind and ready but you are behind "to talk" that means you are "ready" just need to talk. You will even talk faster or clear. You dont have to think much you feel ready, its like your thoughts are waiting in queue to come out just need them to give a chance one after another. I think it does align your nurotransmitters so when you take it in morning you feel that "brain servicing" and inner thought alignment and calmness but not slowdown. I get unnecessary racing thoughts day and night and I was looking to control them then started Rhodiola. It helped me. I started stocking them. I also tried various brands to confirm which one to continue. I have spent hundreds of dollars for that trial.

But once I confirm which one works better than other and how then that would worth the spendings. There were lot of markettings posts on internet for many brands and I couldnt just trust them as they have not shown results.

I am still researching and this time I have signed up to share my experience and read yours about this wonderful herb.
One thing is for sure if you sleep well and get up without racing thoughts and get Rhodiola effect then you will feel like you can do anything (which of cource you can do) through out a day. You get that sharpness.

To sleep better I am going to re-order another herb combination which worked everytime not like Rhodiola and it clear mental fog when you get up. You get very good sleep.
Now the only thing remains when you are awake to feel sharp. One more thing I remembered one product I used to take few years back that had Panax ginseng and it used to give me similar "mental servicing" effect. I used to feel light after taking one or two capsules then I increased till 4 and that was last limit I was taking. In 4 capsules early in the morning after food I started feel lightness in brain and I was light weight mentally and felt fresh. Then suddenly that brand stopped manufacturing or something and I stopped taking it. Since then I started tring herbs which enhances mental and physical ability.

Thanks,

Sat

#55 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 07:59 AM

Did you ever try it in combination with Piracetam?

Hi there !

Found that forum just recently after I ordered my first "Get Smart".(about a week ago)
I have been taking Rhodiola (together with st John's wort) on a regular basis for one year before deciding to give a try to Panax Ginseng, and further web browsing made me stumble upon piracetam, which led me here.

But back to Rhodiola, I just want to share my experience with it. I started taking it a year ago when I found myself working in a stressful place along with a few bitchy co-workers that made my stress levels go way up. You need to know I always had a fragile nature, as far as I can remember I always experienced what I consider a mild form of depression, which intensity would vary depending on my surroundings and or events in my life. I have been suffering from social anxiety too.

All these symptoms improved with me getting older, but yet I can really say Rhodiola as helped me cope and give me the extra push I needed to arise as a more considerated and respected member in my workplace.

Upon advice of a salesperson where I bought the supplements, I started taking 1 capsule of Rhodiola and 1 of St John's wort together twice daily. I can't fathom how these two plants work synergetically (perhaps someone here can enlighten me) but they sure do for me, I got better mood, more energy/stamina, and felt stimulated without feeling stressed or jittery. My concentration got better, and although I think I was intellectually stimulated I can't tell wether this kind of stimulation might be beneficial for someone who deals with important mental tasks.
I always stuck to that dosage, but sometimes tried Rhodiola without St John's wort, and got generally a bit more "agitated", and increased heat in my body, and sometimes got edgy and impatient.
Some days, it would also make me feel a tight bit worse, I figured it just doesn't do miracles, if you feel a bit low, chances are your body chemistry's low too, and using Rhodiola would just burn it up more quickly...that's my very amateurish and non scientific explanation.

As for the supplement itself, I took: Viridian Maximum Potency Rhodiola Rosea 250mg standardised extract (3% rosavins,1%salidrozid,40% polyphenols) 130mg rhodiola rosea root powder.(per cap.)
Viridian St John's wort 175mg standardised extract (0,3% hypericin) 119mg raw st John's wort power.(per cap.)

The way Rhodiola should be taken (according to many sources) is that you take the capsules and wait a minimum of 20min after which you should eat something. Also you should do a 7/10 days cure and get of it for a week, and start again. It looses its efficiency otherwise, and can even make you feel burned out (in my own experience that is)

Anyways, got tired of it and started less than a month ago to take Panax ginseng, and I already think that it is better, less mental heat/agitation, and more physical stamina.That suits me better since I work as a waiter and work 10 hours shifts on my feet, which can be really draining.

Well that's it for me, thought it might be interresting to add that since I never read about anyone trying Rhodiola in conjunction with St John's wort.

#56 Sasha_

• 77 posts

Posted 22 August 2015 - 09:13 AM

No man, never tried that combo, even back then when I knew jack shit about noots it would have seemed over the top...

To be honest I ditched the piracetam altogether, now I only seldom use aniracetam if anything...

#57 Sholrak

• 222 posts

Posted 25 August 2015 - 12:22 AM

Rhodiola has been a great product to me (Eclectic Institute). It seems to give a pshysical shoot or slightly hormonal one, more than a mental one. Although this doesn't mean it has no mental effects. I can feel a minor serotonergic effect, which makes it a little pshycho active (about 10-20%), following a residual dopamine interaction. It's great for depression and also good for stress . It seems to target two key places as are Pituitary and Adrenal system. Likely, serotonin function improvement leads to a more controlled logical-adrenal response, meaning energy and dedication, impulse, without loosing perspective of anything. Serotonin is doubtless and unpredictabele neurotransmisor, you can see this if you take too much rhodiola. At low doses, low serotonin increase leads to a quite nice contentedness and a bit of "spiritual" awakening. I believe, the HPA axis is one of the first disturbed mechanisms by the so called ASD and ADD. What this does is to reset your stress system (HPA). One of the things I most love of Rhodiola, is I sometimes, by reseting such systems, get a feeling of neutrality and balance, and some relaxing memories come to me randomly (like that system depuration brings back some perception or memory), and sometimes, I can literally feel I'm on past. like, "I have been stressed/depressed many years, but now all that stress went out the window and know you are where you were before starting to get an stressing life".

I use it sometimes, mostly for study aids. The best way to use it is start slowly, starting a high dose will lkely bring anxiety problems due to disregulation of serotonin system.  It gives me motivation and reading fluency.

I tried it with Piracetam once and it was quite strange, felt too overstimulated. They probably share some pituitary-adrenal function on different ways.

I cycle Rhodiola among with Cerebrolysin (not taking much things now), and they have an extraordinary sinergy. Rhodiola seems to take off the "too much reality" Cere's effect, and Cere takes off the possible irritability caused by rhodiola. They both have something probably in common, the same gland/system Bacopa must affect and whatever India's philosophy/religion prays or studies.

In my opinion, it is not miraculous but for me is the number one serotonergic agent right now, given it's holistic or phytopharmacological (hence soft, opposed to brutal and specific effects of SSRI's and the like).

• Cheerful x 1

#58 jroseland

• 1,117 posts

Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:11 PM

My Biohacker review of Rhodiola Rosea by Focus Supplements in the UK. I explain my criteria for selecting Rhodiola and why I take it daily along with synopsizing some of the recent science that's been done on this Adaptogen.

#59 world33

• 214 posts
  • NO

Posted 30 January 2018 - 03:01 AM

According to this 2015 UK research "The authenticity and quality of Rhodiola rosea products" available at https://www.scienced...003189?via=ihub

Now Foods (#24, US) and Higher Nature (#10) / Vitano (#11) both manufactured from a German company called Dr. Willmar Schwabe GmbH are the supplements with the highest content of rosavins (PC1) and salidrosides (PC2) (see chart) among 40 products (see attached word document with the modified list including brand names of the best products) available in the UK market (see picture with basket of products)

1-s2.0-S0944711315003189-gr2.jpg
1-s2.0-S0944711315003189-fx1_lrg.jpg

Attached Files

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#60 silvergymnasium

• 13 posts

Posted 28 November 2018 - 10:34 AM

If it is an MAOI, does this mean there are risks if you don't stick to the dietary restrictions? No cheese etc

sponsored ad

• Advert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users