- - - - -

Magnesium eye drops?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Lufega

• 1,811 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:06 AM

Found this patent online for the use of ionic magnesium eye drops to treat Corneal problems. From what I've read so far, it seems that most eye problems can be linked to magnesium deficiency.

Keratoconus has been linked to magnesium deficiency. Astigmatism is just a milder and earlier form of Keratoconus.

Both nearsightedness and farsightedness are caused by a change in the shape of the eyeball. The consistency of the vitreous humor is made by hyaluronic acid, which its formation is dependent on magnesium.

I believe that common afflictions have either a nutritional deficit or infectious etiology. One such thing is eyesight. It could be that bad eyesight can be caused by nutritional deficiencies in the womb, one such would be magnesium. I've found no study to prove this yet.

I found that after a couple years of using magnesium, my eyesight has stabilized. I have both myopia and astigmatism. My Doctor was surprised. Was it the mag. or was it just coincidence???

So I'm wondering if applying the magnesium directly to the eye would be of some benefit. Taurine would have a good application as well.

Ideas?? Maybe a homemade solution is possible?

#2 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:43 AM

I found that after a couple years of using magnesium, my eyesight has stabilized. I have both myopia and astigmatism. My Doctor was surprised. Was it the mag. or was it just coincidence???

Why was your doctor surprised ? It's pretty normal for eyesight to stabilize with age.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 04:06 AM

Why was your doctor surprised ? It's pretty normal for eyesight to stabilize with age.

Well, kind of. It's very normal for eyesight to steadily worsen with age. It's also pretty normal for doctors to not know things.

#4 Lufega

• Topic Starter
  • 1,811 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 June 2009 - 04:15 AM

In my case specifically, my eyesight worsened more and more each year and then suddenly stabilized. This coincided with the time I started using mag.

#5 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 04:56 AM

Well, kind of. It's very normal for eyesight to steadily worsen with age.

Well, Myopia normally stabilizes in your 20s and 30s. Hypermetropia starts later I think.

It's also pretty normal for doctors to not know things.

Sad, but true.

#6 Lufega

• Topic Starter
  • 1,811 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 May 2010 - 11:45 PM

Found another patent for eye drops containing magnesium

http://www.freepaten.../EP0778021.html

Best Mode for Carrying Out the Invention

The present invention is illustrated in more detail by the following examples. Example 1

1000 mg of taurine, 557 mg of sodium chloride, 106 mg of potassium chloride, 11 mg of calcium chloride and 15 mg of magnesium sulfate were together dissolved in 90 ml of sterile purified water, and adjusted to pH 7.4 with sodium borate. The total volume of the solution was made up to 100 ml by adding sterile purified water to give eye drops of which osmotic pressure is 286 mOsm as a result of the measurement. Example 2

1000 mg of taurine, 480 mg of sodium chloride, 91 mg of potassium chloride and 151 mg of sodium bicarbonate were together dissolved in 90 ml of sterile purified water, and adjusted to pH 7.4 with hydrochloric acid. The total volume of the solution was made up to 100 ml by adding sterile purified water to give eye drops of which osmotic pressure is 286 mOsm as a result of the measurement. Example 3

1000 mg of taurine, 542 mg of sodium chloride, 103 mg of potassium chloride, 11 mg of calcium chloride, 14 mg of magnesium sulfate and 100 mg of glucose were together dissolved in 90 ml of sterile purified water, and adjusted to pH 7.4 with sodium borate. The total volume of the solution was made up to 100 ml by adding sterile purified water to give eye drops of which osmotic pressure is 286 mOsm as a result of the measurement. Example 4

1000 mg of taurine, 467 mg of sodium chloride, 89 mg of potassium chloride, 146 mg of sodium bicarbonate and 100 mg of glucose were together dissolved in 90 ml of sterile purified water, and adjusted to pH 7.4 with hydrochloric acid. The total volume of the solution was made up to 100 ml by adding sterile purified water to give eye drops of which osmotic pressure is 286 mOsm as a result of the measurement. Example 5

1000 mg of taurine, 472 mg of sodium chloride, 90 mg of potassium chloride, 9 mg of calcium chloride, 12 mg of magnesium sulfate and 148 mg of sodium bicarbonate were together dissolved in 90 ml of sterile purified water, and adjusted to pH 7.4 with hydrochloric acid. The total volume of the solution was made up to 100 ml by adding sterile purified water to give eye drops of which osmotic pressure is 286 mOsm as a result of the measurement. Example 6

1000 mg of taurine, 459 mg of sodium chloride, 87 mg of potassium chloride, 9 mg of calcium chloride, 12 mg of magnesium sulfate, 144 mg of sodium bicarbonate and 100 mg of glucose were together dissolved in 90 ml of sterile purified water, and adjusted to pH 7.4 with hydrochloric acid. The total volume of the solution was made up to 100 ml by adding sterile purified water to give eye drops of which osmotic pressure is 286 mOsm as a result of the measurement. Example 7

1000 mg of taurine, 397 mg of sodium chloride, 75 mg of potassium chloride and 125 mg of sodium bicarbonate were together dissolved in 90 ml of sterile purified water, and adjusted to pH 7.4 with hydrochloric acid. The total volume of the solution was made up to 100 ml by adding sterile purified water to give eye drops of which osmotic pressure is 250 mOsm as a result of the measurement. Example 8

1000 mg of taurine, 860 mg of sodium chloride, 163 mg of potassium chloride and 271 mg of sodium bicarbonate were together dissolved in 90 ml of sterile purified water, and adjusted to pH 7.4 with hydrochloric acid. The total volume of the solution was made up to 100 ml by adding sterile purified water to give eye drops of which osmotic pressure is 450 mOsm as a result of the measurement.

Maybe we can get away with using a store bought eye drop and adding in taurine and magnesium sulfate. Then, testing with pH paper so see if it's safe.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 06 June 2010 - 02:40 PM

Just thought I'd draw your attention to a bit of mad science that was brought up in the threonate thread. A technique of using electrical current to deliver drugs to a localized area, which can also be used to treat neurological disorders by applying electrodes to the eyes...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users