Photo
- - - - -

Anything to thicken eye brows?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Ghostrider

• 1,996 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 02:54 AM

Some of you might find this to be an odd question coming from a straight male, but well, eyebrows do frame the eyes and mine look a bit too weak. I want darker fuller eye brows. Anything promote eyebrow growth?

#2 JLL

• 2,192 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 06:37 AM

Minoxidil?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 4eva

• 426 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 10:16 AM

It depends on how thick or thin your eyebrows are now. Women pencil in the thinner outer brows with an eyebrow pencil.

You might try some mascara on your brown to make them darker. This can be tricky because you may smudge the mascare.

Someone should make a product that coats eyebrows to make them more noticable. Eyebrow mouse maybe.

People with fair hair could benefit from darker brows. They have the option of getting them dyed. But that helps those with lighter hair people.

That hair dye for men is supposed to contain lead that you comb through your hair and beard; but that product for beards might be a possibilty to explore. (Can't remember the name of that stuff. Comb away grey or something.)

But a lead free one might be the way to go.

Henna might be worth looking into. It comes in different shades.

#4 goodman

• 171 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 11:43 AM

I dont think hair dyes contain lead, only hair color restorers do..

#5 4eva

• 426 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 12:09 PM

I dont think hair dyes contain lead, only hair color restorers do..

I didn't know that. I think those comb in products are color restorers. I might not try to dye my eyebrows myself. But a comb in product (for eyebrows) I would try if it were not for the lead.

#6 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 04:54 PM

Some of you might find this to be an odd question coming from a straight male, but well, eyebrows do frame the eyes and mine look a bit too weak. I want darker fuller eye brows. Anything promote eyebrow growth?

Two things. Eyebrow dye and tweezing them to a certain shape.

#7 Ghostrider

• Topic Starter
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:35 PM

I don't want to put makeup on my eyebrows to make them look darker. I only want to make them naturally thicker. I actually am trying the minoxidil currently as I am using it on my hairline anyways.

#8 Skötkonung

• 1,556 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:52 PM

A possible zinc deficiency can cause hair loss of the eyebrows. I also remember reading somewhere that DHT inhibits vulnerable or specific hair follicles.

If you are otherwise healthy and want thicker eyebrows, you could do a hair transplant? My eyebrows are light, but that is because of my ethnic heritage so I consider it to be desirable.

#9 goatz

• 91 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:35 PM

I don't want to put makeup on my eyebrows to make them look darker. I only want to make them naturally thicker. I actually am trying the minoxidil currently as I am using it on my hairline anyways.

Any progress on the hairline? I tried it for a year and got nothing.

#10 Logan

• 1,869 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:52 PM

Platelet rich plasma? You would have to get it done every 6 months though. I don't think it would cost much since you are only doing the eyebrows. Hair transplant surgeons are beginning to offer it as a treatment for hair loss. I'm sure they would do someone's eyebrows also. You just have to be the first brave one to go see one of these docs and tell them you want your eyebrows done. They may tell you it won't help and you'd be wasting your money. I can see how it may thicken eyebrows by possibly stimulating more follicles to grow hair. It could also increase hair follicle size, increasing eyebrow thickness. PRP will probably soon be one of the preferred treatments for facial rejuvenation and acne scars since it is non invasive and cost effective. It's sort of a prelude to stem cell treatments.

Maybe Biosil?

Yeah I'm reaching for straws on this one. That's what you do with a eyebrow thickening thread. I am interested in this as well. Getting my eyebrow thickness back a bit and maintaining it

Edited by morganator, 24 June 2009 - 10:02 PM.

#11 Ghostrider

• Topic Starter
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 10:53 PM

Any progress on the hairline? I tried it for a year and got nothing.

I am also taking Propecia at 1.25 mg / day. Yes, I have seen some progress. It's not remarkable, but definitely better. I am only 2 months into the Porpecia and about 1.5 months into the Minoxidil. It has thickened up areas of my hairline which were thinner before and I am seeing some new very blond follicles penetrating through which looks to be new growth. Basically, my front, back, top, and sides are all great. It's just my temple areas which have receeded. I was thinking of doing a small hair transplant around November, but now that might not be necessary, or at least a small hair transplant, say 500 grafts instead of 1000. I am still keeping a close eye on progress made by Histogen / Intercyx which may make hair cloning a better solution. Although I think my previous hairloss was due mostly to stress. My hairline has not changed much over the past 7 years.

#12 simon007

• 85 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 01:33 PM

Hi Ghostrider,

Lumigan Eye Drops and dye for my eyebrows did it for me.

Cheers,

Simon

#13 Boondock

• 73 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 04:19 PM

I am still keeping a close eye on progress made by Histogen / Intercyx which may make hair cloning a better solution.

You might well have heard already, but Intercytex may be soon getting bought by Pfizer.

http://www.fiercebio...yout/2009-05-26

#14 Ghostrider

• Topic Starter
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 25 June 2009 - 04:44 PM

I am still keeping a close eye on progress made by Histogen / Intercyx which may make hair cloning a better solution.

You might well have heard already, but Intercytex may be soon getting bought by Pfizer.

http://www.fiercebio...yout/2009-05-26

I heard about that. Overall, I think this is a good thing assuming that Pfizer is also interested in hair cloning and not primarily their other research (they are doing research on skin grafting and others). Some people fear that they will stall development of hair cloning which would steal sales from their other hair loss products (if they make any). I doubt it though, the hair loss market is huge and I hope research will be well funded. I know funding is a limiting factor for Intercytex.

#15 spacetime

• 191 posts

Posted 04 July 2009 - 05:03 AM

Minoxidil works exceedingly well IME. I was using it to control hairloss and was applying it to the temple area. Not only did it thicken the hair in that area but it msut have rubbed off on the pillow as I noticed it made my eyebrows thicker. Plus it also caused a unibrow to grow so that was one unintended consequence. I've also heard of others using it to fill in areas of sparse facial hair grow with a good amount of success. You'll need to try it for at least 3 months but I'd give it a year. It's been at least a year since I stopped using it but eyebrows have not thinned out. But I would exercise caution as in may cause unintended hair growth.

#16 Ghostrider

• Topic Starter
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 08:30 PM

Minoxidil works exceedingly well IME. I was using it to control hairloss and was applying it to the temple area. Not only did it thicken the hair in that area but it msut have rubbed off on the pillow as I noticed it made my eyebrows thicker. Plus it also caused a unibrow to grow so that was one unintended consequence. I've also heard of others using it to fill in areas of sparse facial hair grow with a good amount of success. You'll need to try it for at least 3 months but I'd give it a year. It's been at least a year since I stopped using it but eyebrows have not thinned out. But I would exercise caution as in may cause unintended hair growth.

Why did you stop using Minoxidil if it was working for you? If you don't want the minox to affect hair growth on the other areas of your face, then it is essential to apply it at least 1 hour before bedtime so that it has a chance to dry on your scalp. I also switched to using a thinner pipette and carefully filling it while ensuring that the outside of the pipette is not soaked in minox. Do this so that minox on the outside of the tube does not rub off on your hair, but rather your scalp. Minox on the hair does no good anyway, it has to be on the scalp. I agree that Minox + Propecia is working for me. My goal is to get back the hairline that I had when I was 16 and I think I can get most of the way there. I am about 10 days from 3 months of use, but I can see the results and plan to use it indefinitely until hair cloning becomes available, hopefully soon.

I have been using Ardell Lash and Eyebrow accellerator. It's cheap and seems to be working great even after only 1.5 weeks of use.

I should also mention that I do notice some slight increased hair growth on my upper back and chest / stomach. I figure that it becomes an issues, I can always get that hair lasered off.

Edited by Ghostrider, 08 July 2009 - 08:34 PM.

#17 sentrysnipe

• 491 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 11:07 PM

taurine 2-6g/day wait for at least 3-6 mos for results
biotin 1-5g/day

dermaroller + copper peptides + minoxidil (higher concentration than rogaine) + azelaic acid

http://www.amazon.co...p;creative=9325

EDIT: you could also try the new Rx Latisse. Chrysin works too - hair growth and minimizes dark undereye circles

Edited by sentrysnipe, 08 July 2009 - 11:08 PM.

#18 Ghostrider

• Topic Starter
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 11 July 2009 - 08:42 PM

taurine 2-6g/day wait for at least 3-6 mos for results
biotin 1-5g/day

dermaroller + copper peptides + minoxidil (higher concentration than rogaine) + azelaic acid

http://www.amazon.co...p;creative=9325

EDIT: you could also try the new Rx Latisse. Chrysin works too - hair growth and minimizes dark undereye circles

Just ordered the 15% minox solution. Thought about doing it earlier, but wanted to try the 5% first. I hope to accelerate regrowth with the 15% solution.

#19 sentrysnipe

• 491 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 01:54 AM

Just ordered the 15% minox solution. Thought about doing it earlier, but wanted to try the 5% first. I hope to accelerate regrowth with the 15% solution.

Significant increase in density will probably be noticed at least 6 months to a year. :S requires a lot of patience.

EDIT: DO NOT USE DERMAROLLER with minoxidil. I REPEAT DO NOT. My apologies. Very dangerous. May cause serious hypotension and eventually cardiac arrest.

This guy grew a full thick beard using high % minox in about a year but seems like he deleted all his photos last May http://healthyskin.i...1745#8470061745

#20 Ghostrider

• Topic Starter
  • 1,996 posts

Posted 12 July 2009 - 03:06 AM

Significant increase in density will probably be noticed at least 6 months to a year. :S requires a lot of patience.

EDIT: DO NOT USE DERMAROLLER with minoxidil. I REPEAT DO NOT. My apologies. Very dangerous. May cause serious hypotension and eventually cardiac arrest.

This guy grew a full thick beard using high % minox in about a year but seems like he deleted all his photos last May http://healthyskin.i...1745#8470061745

I have been using Minox since around late April. I started Propecia slightly before then, around mid-April. I have seen some regrowth of very light hair which I hope will darken with time. I think another 6 months to 1 year it should look close to how it did when I was 18.

#21 why thank you

• 2 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 10:45 PM

latisse, a product that is used to grow eyelashes can be used on eyebrows.

http://www.realself....d...cent&full=y
http://www.realself..../I-love-Latisse

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users