Photo

Internet Networking - Blogs, Articles, Short Stories, other

• Please log in to reply
133 replies to this topic

#121 Droplet

• Life Member, Advisor Honorary Advisor
  • 6,772 posts

Posted 30 July 2012 - 06:01 AM

Left the following on a horrible article about a grandmother left to starve. May or may not be published due to it being The Daily Mail:

It's an outrage that anyone has to suffer like this but the fact that she got into this horrible state in the first place is upsetting. To all who fear getting old, now is the time to do something about that terror of pain and dependence and cure old age once and for all.

Please check out www.longecity.org and www.mprize.org for more details and how YOU can help bring about a day where getting old doesn't neccessarily have to mean getting sick.

Full article here: http://www.dailymail...seven-days.html

Edited by Droplet, 30 July 2012 - 06:03 AM.

• like x 1

#122 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 02 August 2012 - 12:53 PM

I posted this comment on an article about families being urged to provide elderly care that may or may not get published:

This is horrible which is why we should be looking into rejuvenation therapies so that no one gets into this tragic state to begin with.

Please visit www.mprize.org or www.longecity.org for more information on how to bring this day forward.

Full article here: http://www.dailymail...s-rely-NHS.html

Edited by Droplet, 02 August 2012 - 12:53 PM.

#123 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 11:57 AM

Posted the following on an article about starvation diet potentially extending life. May or may not be published:

Calorie restriction may be an inconvenience and extend your life a little. However, there are people out there working towards REAL scientific breakthroughs for extending the human life span and interventions against the misery and pain of human aging.

Visit www.longecity.org or www.mprize.org for more information and ways in which you can help end suffering and preserve wisdom.

Article here: http://www.dailymail...ive-longer.html

#124 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 02:52 AM

The links and comments look great. In the end parts what I would do is say the names if you want but not in link form. Such as, "Places like Longecity, MPrize, and others have been making ground with this kind of stuff." Even that may be too much. You want to talk about the places as though you dont care if they ever come to the websites, but leave them enough information to find them through Google if they want to.
  • like x 1

#125 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 05:54 AM

The links and comments look great. In the end parts what I would do is say the names if you want but not in link form. Such as, "Places like Longecity, MPrize, and others have been making ground with this kind of stuff." Even that may be too much. You want to talk about the places as though you dont care if they ever come to the websites, but leave them enough information to find them through Google if they want to.

Maybe that is why they never get published on Daily Mail? Thanks for that. :) At least the editor would be bombarded if no one else. I just wish other people would volunteer on this team more often so it doesn't look like I'm a lone lunatic leaving comments!

Edited by Droplet, 07 August 2012 - 05:55 AM.

• like x 1

#126 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 06:05 AM

Posted this on an article about the program about living longer with eating less. Let me know if this comment is better:

You don't need fad diets like starving/fasting to live longer and healthier, just scientific advances and good medicene as well as looking after yourself. Groups like Longecity and MPrize have been making huge strides in the field of life extension.

Whole article here: http://www.independe...e4-8010036.html
  • dislike x 1

#127 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 12:49 PM

I seem to have a fair few down votes on my comment. Just shows how few people go for the idea of life extension at the moment. :mellow:
  • like x 1

#128 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 07:33 PM

I think they regard it as spam. You dont even have to make mention of places if you dont want to or have to for the particular comment. Just the comments for stopping aging, maybe a little education on what it is about, etc. is all that you really need. People have very sensitive spam filters in their brains these days and they pick up on that. It would be nice if we could just tell them about these places. We should be able to go right in and say things like, "We can bring about unlimited lifespans and put a stop to this kind pain and debilitation and all that, and once organizations like Longecity and Methuselah Foundation get enough support then we'll be able to do this, but first we all have to pay attention and get involved." Its true and it is name dropping but its not for personal gain, its a world priority. They just dont all understand that yet.

#129 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 09:14 PM

I just wish that people would realise how important all this is now.

#130 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:38 PM

May be worth some comments about other forms of life extension etc.

For a long time cryonics was dismissed by many as science-fiction, an unnatural or even immoral procedure, but while the company make no bones about cryonics being an entirely speculative process, futurist and Alcor chief executive Max More says that the field is gaining legitimacy in the eyes of others.
People have certainly grown less hostile,’ he told Metro. ‘In terms of how science looks at cryonics we’ve definitely seen an improvement over time.’
Mr More added that Alcor’s teams which intervene at members’ deathbeds are also being treated more favourably by doctors.
‘Our relationship with hospitals and hospices has also improved; they used to be very adversarial and reluctant to even let us in, now hospital staff are usually fascinated and want to help in any way they can. They even let us position our equipment in the room next to the patient before clinical death, their whole attitude has really turned around.’

Read more: http://www.metro.co....y#ixzz24TQvBl8a

I may or may not get round to putting a comment so if anyone has a spare moment, please help by adding something. :) I'm very busy over the next few weeks but will do whatever I can fit in as normal.

#131 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:35 PM

Left a message on the article referenced on my previous post here: http://www.metro.co....itors_picks=tru

I put the following:

There is not only cryonics but the whole life extension movement in general that is aiming to rid us of the misery of aging and involuntary death once and for all. Groups like M Prize and Longecity are already working towards this. I reckon with a bit more support, a lot of progress could be made in this field.

• like x 1

#132 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 04:15 PM

Posted the following quote on an article about the strain on the NHS due to elderly patients:

Until we start fighting aging itself head on, these tragedies will continue. It is the fact that we cannot halt the degeneration of senescence that is causing the issue, not how many years these poor old people have been on the earth. We need more work by groups like Methuselah Foundation, SENS and Longecity to help turn the tide on involuntary human suffering.

Article here: http://www.telegraph...f-collapse.html
  • like x 1

#133 Droplet

• 6,772 posts

Posted 17 September 2012 - 05:08 PM

Left the following message:

Scientists need to root out the true cause of the problem - aging itself. Until they start doing more than just plugging the holes, there will forever be age related suffering. We need more scientists to collaborate with Longecity and The Methuselah Foundation!

Full article here: http://www.guardian....end-of-comments

Also did this one:

Alzheimers is a horrendous tragedy but it is the decline imposed on us by the passing of time that is the big problem. When we pull together to cure aging, we will annihilate Alzhemers and dementia along with other miseries. Getting old really should NOT have to mean getting sick in these modern times! Scientists at places like The Methuselah Foundation and Longecity should really be given more funding to research rejuvenation therapies to remove this curse from humanity permanently!

Full article here: http://www.guardian....end-of-comments

Edited by Droplet, 17 September 2012 - 05:30 PM.

#134 N.T.M.

• 640 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 12:55 AM

I know this is generally considered bad forum etiquette, but considering the inactivity, I think some leniency here will be just fine. Anyway, I'm considering starting a new blog. I'm holding off on it, though, until i get some feedback.

http://www.longecity...ea/#entry605552

Thoughts?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Topic Led By