14 replies to this topic

#1 mail1234

• 17 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 01:11 PM

I'm currently taking a stack of:

500mg Inositol
200mg 5-HTP
400mg Rhodiola
About 500mg Ginkgo (ish, use powder with no scales...)
10mg Vinpocetine
200mg Huperzine (as of 2 days ago)

Since buying the vinpocetine and huperzine I've seen a few topics on here relating to their possible dangers. I've seen no notable effect from vinpocetine over the last few weeks tbh, so may just get rid of it anyway, but I've seen some positive things said about huperzine's effect on the memory, which kinda wants me to put any possible long term damage aside for the time being for some reason.

Think it's worth dropping the huperzine down to about 200mg 3 times a week, or will there be no effect on memory on the days between? Or should I avoid it altogether?

thanks

#2 Johann

• 372 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 02:07 PM

500mg Inositol
200mg 5-HTP
400mg Rhodiola
10mg Vinpocetine

Since buying the vinpocetine and huperzine I've seen a few topics on here relating to their possible dangers. I've seen no notable effect from vinpocetine over the last few weeks tbh, so may just get rid of it anyway, but I've seen some positive things said about huperzine's effect on the memory, which kinda wants me to put any possible long term damage aside for the time being for some reason.

Think it's worth dropping the huperzine down to about 200mg 3 times a week, or will there be no effect on memory on the days between? Or should I avoid it altogether?

thanks

If you're taking 500 mg of Gingko, then you need to sit down for a couple of days and do nothing risky.  Your blood must be so thin right about now that if you cut yourself you'd bleed to death.  I would not shave or bump into anything and avoid taking aspirin, fish oil or anything else that might further cause your blood to get even thinner, if that were possible.  

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 mail1234

• Topic Starter
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 02:25 PM

500mg Inositol
200mg 5-HTP
400mg Rhodiola
10mg Vinpocetine

thanks

If you're taking 500 mg of Gingko, then you need to sit down for a couple of days and do nothing risky.  Your blood must be so thin right about now that if you cut yourself you'd bleed to death.  I would not shave or bump into anything and avoid taking aspirin, fish oil or anything else that might further cause your blood to get even thinner, if that were possible.  

Ahh crap, didnt realise that was so much. Hopefully theres a chance that I'm not taking that much, was just a rough guess based on a teaspoon..

#4 Pike

• 517 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 05:26 PM

good god. 500mg of ginkgo? Please tell me that it's not a 24%/6% powder. If so, what Johann said is absolutely right. I wouldn't take any supplements whatsoever, especially vinpocetine. 200mg is a pretty generous amount of 5htp. you might do better off with just 50mg, if at all at 20 years old. Not sure what the Inositol is for, but hey, why not. Nothing wrong with Rhodiola.

At 20 years old, drop the huperzine altogether. vinpo too, for that matter. If you're using ginkgo, you don't need vinpo.

#5 Imagination

• 350 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 08:17 PM

Drop the ginkgo all together and just use vinpocetine for improving blood flow to the brain, it's way more effective. Ignore that one thread about negitive effects of ginkgo, it's crap. Increase the vinpocetine to 30mg..10mg 3 times per day to make it effective, make sure your not taking the ginkgo at the same time when you do this. It takes a few weeks to build up too, so be patient, also take with food, supposed to help with absorbtion., don't know how true this is though. Vinpocetine if pretty effective and cheap if you give it time, I would put it above the racetams in terms of effectiveness.

As for the huperzine, I take it on occasion but never feel the need for it usually. Try some other source which acts on acetylcholine, such as dmae, or alpha gpc. I have heard you should cycle huperzine if your using it long term.

#6 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 08:19 PM

i take 5-htp capsules that have 100 mg powder witinh them. I have taken 2 so far and i feel chilled but it might be too strong. I feel as if what i prevously done even if it was 30 mins ago was ages ago. Time feels different.
How can i take 50 mg from a 100 mg powder capsule? Is it safe to put half in in water and stir it?

Thanks

#7 Imagination

• 350 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 08:30 PM

i take 5-htp capsules that have 100 mg powder witinh them. I have taken 2 so far and i feel chilled but it might be too strong. I feel as if what i prevously done even if it was 30 mins ago was ages ago. Time feels different.
How can i take 50 mg from a 100 mg powder capsule? Is it safe to put half in in water and stir it?

Thanks

I always feel a bit out of it if I take 5-htp.

#8 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 09:52 PM

some might say 2 pills is too early to make a judgement on but i seriously dont need to feel spaced out since istart college in three days. I might just buy the stj wort (kira) instead and fish oil.
One thing 5-htp does is it makes me more able verbally, jokes come easier and i can hold conversations better.

#9 mail1234

• Topic Starter
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 10:27 PM

Ok thanks a lot guys. I'm not quite sure what the big deal about the ginkgo is tbh as the packet says 200mg 1-2 times a day so it isnt that much more than recommended is it, or am i being insanely stupid here?

Some of the repiles in here are similar to those that made me make the thread in the 1st place. for example I've got one person saying increase the vinpocetine to 30mg and one person saying drop it...who do I trust? There seems to be pros and cons either way, and no definitive answer.

Think what I'll do is keep the vinpocetine for a few more weeks, drop 5-HTP to 100mg, keep the inositol and rhodiola, drop the ginkgo dosage to 100mg (?? im really confused with this one) and only take huperzine when needed (such as exam time). Does this sound better or am I still completely out? Everyone has completely different opinions and it seems a bit of guesswork is the only way to find the optimum dose with these things

Edited by mail1234, 25 September 2009 - 10:30 PM.

#10 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 02:27 AM

I'd like to try vinpocetine for improved blood circulation, seems like i could do with it. But let me tell you, i take these b complex pills from iherb and boy does my body feel warmer. I also feel less anxious and stressful. But the warmth is really what i notice first, and i think it will take time to get used to.

#11 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 06:21 AM

Sorry for being off topic but these b complex pills makes my arms feel numb and body warm. When i roll a finger across the arm i can see the arteries looking like small clots showing clearly across the surface. Is this what they call niacin flush?

#12 Zoroaster

• 349 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 06:16 PM

Ginkgo comes in different concentrations, so what may be safe for your formulation may not be safe in others. Either way you don't need both ginkgo and vinpocetin as they both serve as vasodialators, and in fact combining the two may very well be dangerous, even at normal doses. I wouldn't take either of them if I were you. Ginkgo has been proven to be ineffective in the young and vinpocetin doesn't have much evidence behind it at all. Its also not worth the risk. These vasodialators are some of the only noots that would substantially affect your treatment if you were taken in for emergency surgery. In other words, technically you should have some kind of medic alert bracelet or card or something informing anyone who finds your mangled and broken body that you're taking them so they know how to adjust treatment. Of course nobody does that but you're taking a risk with those supps.

Taking huperzine when needed seems like a good idea.

#13 mail1234

• Topic Starter
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 September 2009 - 06:46 PM

Ginkgo comes in different concentrations, so what may be safe for your formulation may not be safe in others. Either way you don't need both ginkgo and vinpocetin as they both serve as vasodialators, and in fact combining the two may very well be dangerous, even at normal doses. I wouldn't take either of them if I were you. Ginkgo has been proven to be ineffective in the young and vinpocetin doesn't have much evidence behind it at all. Its also not worth the risk. These vasodialators are some of the only noots that would substantially affect your treatment if you were taken in for emergency surgery. In other words, technically you should have some kind of medic alert bracelet or card or something informing anyone who finds your mangled and broken body that you're taking them so they know how to adjust treatment. Of course nobody does that but you're taking a risk with those supps.

Taking huperzine when needed seems like a good idea.

ok thanks, think ill get rid of them then :)

#14 Climactic

• 331 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 11:32 PM

You meant mcg, not mg. By the careless in your units and your other spelling mistakes, can I say you're DEFINITELY out of it?

Edited by Climactic, 22 September 2012 - 11:33 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#15 gizmobrain

• 548 posts

Posted 23 September 2012 - 01:27 AM

You meant mcg, not mg. By the careless in your units and your other spelling mistakes, can I say you're DEFINITELY out of it?

Feel free to do as you please, but im not sure that bumping 3 year old threads with sarcastic responses will result in any personal development. :)
  • Agree x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users