• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
* - - - - 2 votes

Vote, Chase $25k Giveaway in Facebook

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 06:52 PM

Fan the Chase page here:

Chase Page

Then vote for both of these two at the least:

Immortality Institute
Methuselah Foundation

Edited by brokenportal, 13 December 2009 - 12:01 AM.

#2 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:03 PM

Fan the Chase page here:

Chase Page

Immortality Institute
Methuselah Foundation

Edited by brokenportal, 12 December 2009 - 04:30 AM.

#3 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:05 PM

Fan the Chase page here:

Posted Image

ImmInst:
Posted Image

The Methuselah Foundation:
Posted Image

Edited by JediMasterLucia, 10 December 2009 - 09:07 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:06 PM

Fan the Chase page here:

Chase Page

Immortality Institute
Methuselah Foundation

Attached File  vote_for_us.jpg   12.11KB   0 downloads

Edited by brokenportal, 12 December 2009 - 05:59 AM.

#5 AgeVivo

• Guest, Engineer
  • 2,117 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 09:49 PM

Yes, vote so that your favorite humanitarian organizations receive $$$!

PS, bp: the title of the thread should contain the "vote for what" and the deadline

#6 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,113 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 11:33 PM

Things that would really help are posting the fact that you voted for Imminst on your facebook wall and twittering the contest. Use the link to the feature article in twitter posts http://www.imminst.o...ommunity-giving

Then ask people to RETWEET. This will amplify the outreach.

I know many people are shy about promoting Imminst, well, it is time to take a chance and take a stance. $25,000 is chump change to many large orgs, but not to Imminst. Imminst makes the most out of limited funds!! We could sponsor several new anti-aging studies with $25,000, just like laser ablation of lipofuscin - research where YOU have intimate access and can follow the progress.

#7 JackChristopher

• 178 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 03:42 AM

Who else?
I have 18 votes left.

#8 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 04:07 AM

Theres a list here:

http://imminst.org/a...ommunity-giving

Please help us spread the word. A few of us are working our asses off for this, and we might be right on the line. But if just a handful more of us were to help get votes then we would be a shoe in. Lets show the world what we can do, and win this. If we are successful with this it is going to go a long long ways in inspiring more people to join in.

#9 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 04:09 AM

If you want to vote for more than 2 then see this recommended list. You can vote for up to 20 in this contest.
http://imminst.org/a...ommunity-giving

#10 FNC

• 152 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 04:43 AM

I've been trying to, the app is apparently experiencing technical issues.

I quote "CURRENTLY FACEBOOK IS EXPERIENCING TECHNICAL ISSUES WHICH ARE AFFECTING OUR PROGRAM AND OTHER PROGRAMS ON FACEBOOK. WE HAVE ALERTED FACEBOOK TO THE ISSUE AND HOPE THIS CAN BE RESOLVED SHORTLY."

EDIT:

Managed to vote for ImmInst and Methuselah, albeit a temperamental Chase app :|? in addition to several others listed, seems to be working better now.

Edited by Fabien, 11 December 2009 - 04:57 AM.

#11 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 05:27 AM

Well, thats bad news, but its partially good to know for me, because for a while there I thought maybe I was going insane trying to get those links to work. They show up blank, they were giving me redirects, and the same link was linking me to different spots at different times. I think what probably happened is that Chase has gotten so many hits that it has overloaded and begun bugging and glitching.

Its still mostly all good for most people though, so keep voting, and keep spreading the word everybody. Just a few more of us spreading the word and we will get the votes we need. We dont need many many more relatively speaking, just a couple hundred.

#12 VidX

• 865 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 03:20 PM

Sadly I couldn't figure out the way to give the vote.

#13 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 11 December 2009 - 06:26 PM

Ive been asking people to do those things, but now in the last day and a half we've got these simplified instructions for anybody who may be holding out because it looked to complex. A lot of people like to just, click and vote. I cant blame them because many times when your asked to do things like these it turns in to 45 minute excursions of signing up for things, dead ends, redirects and things like that.

#14 FNC

• 152 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 01:34 AM

Brokenportal, I would vote multiple times if I could, if we all could we would.

Nonetheless, there is a second round of voting early next year right?

#15 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 03:49 AM

Although I have a Facebook account, I don't spend much time there. I found the whole procedure to be quite non-obvious, and it took a long time to get it sorted out. Kind of a bad interface, and some of it really didn't seem to be working right.

#16 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 04:26 AM

Time is running out. We have until mid night tonight to vote. If you havent already then vote now, and send a message out to your contacts to vote also if you havent already.

#17 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 04:28 AM

Time is running out. This round runs until mid night tonight. Get your votes in while you can, and send a message out to your contacts to vote right now also if you havent already.

#18 FNC

• 152 posts

Posted 12 December 2009 - 04:39 AM

Although I have a Facebook account, I don't spend much time there. I found the whole procedure to be quite non-obvious, and it took a long time to get it sorted out. Kind of a bad interface, and some of it really didn't seem to be working right.

Sorry to hear of your troubles, the application has been having issues http://www.imminst.o...showtopic=35950

#19 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 12:01 AM

I had consolidated old topics about voting here, and then sort of archived it in this events sub forum, but now the deadline for this contest has been extended, so you can still vote, and you can still ask your contact lists to vote. This is vital to your survival. We can not survive, we can not get indefinite life extension for ourselves if we are not willing to do these small things like vote. I know many of you are, but we need to keep momentum like this surging. If you have voted, and sent this out to your contact lists then thank you. If you havent yet, there is still time. Please do right away. Please, for the love of life.

#20 Medical Time Travel

• 126 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 12:04 AM

I had consolidated old topics about voting here, and then sort of archived it in this events sub forum, but now the deadline for this contest has been extended, so you can still vote, and you can still ask your contact lists to vote. This is vital to your survival. We can not survive, we can not get indefinite life extension for ourselves if we are not willing to do these small things like vote. I know many of you are, but we need to keep momentum like this surging. If you have voted, and sent this out to your contact lists then thank you. If you havent yet, there is still time. Please do right away. Please, for the love of life.

I created a Facebook account only for that purpose and have voted.

#21 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 13 December 2009 - 03:09 AM

Thanks. Many of us exercise that spirit. Many more of us have it but havent woken up to the rumbling of the train that is rolling through collecting supporters to go and fight the "Dragon Tyrant" yet.

We are slowly building though. What would be nice is if we were able to figure out how to ring a bell to get this $25k picked up right now so that we can use it as another torch as we march ahead, or in keeping with this analogy, maybe a louder horn and an extra 10 cars for this train.

Winning this will spring us forward. This could mean the difference between helping to inform the world about this cause with in, 5 or so years, or 10 or so years. 5 years means a lot, 1 year means a lot. 100,000 die of aging related diseases every single day.

If we dont win this though, we will eventually begin winning more of these small battles. But if you happen to be reading this, and you havent voted, if you havent heeded the calls to vote, take a deep look with in yourself, and realize that we need you to start putting in your 2 cents today. The change ads up. Or as the lyrics say:

"We have a dream
we've been rolling around thick in the dark—
trying to kick start a spark—
trying to kick a flame in your eyes—
and cast a light on the shadow—
leaving no doubt—
there is no doubt we can do this—
one or two of us cant prove this—
we need to mount up—
we need to count up the troops—
armies fight—
count yourself in—
tonight—
pushing mountains—
unite—
building will—
willing we instill—
pushing the plow made of thousands—
plowing hills—
pushing through—
a river erodes—
throw out your pipe dreams—
because a river explodes—
put in your two cents today—
because the change ads up—
I know,--
if you want to rearrange the landscape—
its tough—
but when the people scrape together—
great things go up—
gates rust in the dust its a must we trust that when you put a harness on your lust great chains will bust—
kick a hole through the gate—
because your fate awaits—
youve got a date with your grave—
and you want to be late--"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users