Photo
- - - - -

Best solution for Scars

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 rohim.k

• 17 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 05:24 PM

The best natural way to treat scars is to apply Vitamin E directly on the scar itself. This will help in producing more collagen (protein) and when new collagen is produced, new cell growth is accelerated to fade away your scars. Taking Vitamin E orally does not help so much because very little of the goodness is distributed to the skin and face. Go for serum or creams which shows very high concentration of natural Vitamin E as the ingredient. Make sure they are no chemical substitute which may cause unwanted side effects.

One such product you may try is Natur E scar serum (which i found to be a wonderful product that works). It is a natural product containing 28000 iu of Vitamin E, hence safe of side effects - yet it works.

Edit: removed link

Edited by niner, 16 December 2009 - 03:08 AM.

#2 immortali457

• 480 posts

Posted 15 December 2009 - 09:35 PM

Good luck with that.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Rattles

• 7 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 06:25 AM

Natur E didn't work for me. Caused me to break out. Diacneal and Retin-A faded some of my acne scars and I'm getting Camellia Seed Oil to help too, heard it even works on pitted scars over time.

#4 sentrysnipe

• 491 posts

Posted 16 December 2009 - 06:44 AM

Please define your scars for us.

For hyperpigmentation (dark flat marks), try silicone sheets, or liquid forms of silicone as dimethicone or cyclomethicone: http://personalformu...e...amp;x=0&y=0 Dimethicone along with Zinc Oxide, is the active ingredient in scar diminishing creams like ScarZone.
You can also try hydroquinone, tretinoin and topical vitamin c. Would probably take at least 5 weeks to see results.

If your problem is hypertrophic scarring (keloid, raised scars), try Mederma, Bio-Oil (popular in UK), or rose hip oil;

but if you're referring to atrophic scarring (deep indented marks similar to chicken pox / acne scars), this may need procedures like skin grafting, collagen fillers. Some people do it by themselves using dermaroller, needling, and chemical peels which include glycolic, TCA, and more.
  • like x 1

#5 blueinfinity

• 122 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 03:43 AM

Posted Image

I got these scars recently from falling on my face, really painful that night, but mostly scratches from asphalt.

manuka honey really helped the area above my forehead (not pictured) but the other areas, nose, under eyebrow and cheek have darker pigments of skin

continue with manuka honey? or other suggestions?

I've heard of Vit-E and retin-a, I would like to stay away from chemicals if possible unless PROVEN effective, but im interested in vit-E and any other suggestions if there are any.

Whats the best vit-e to get?

Please define your scars for us.

For hyperpigmentation (dark flat marks), try silicone sheets, or liquid forms of silicone as dimethicone or cyclomethicone: http://personalformu...e...amp;x=0&y=0 Dimethicone along with Zinc Oxide, is the active ingredient in scar diminishing creams like ScarZone.
You can also try hydroquinone, tretinoin and topical vitamin c. Would probably take at least 5 weeks to see results.

If your problem is hypertrophic scarring (keloid, raised scars), try Mederma, Bio-Oil (popular in UK), or rose hip oil;

but if you're referring to atrophic scarring (deep indented marks similar to chicken pox / acne scars), this may need procedures like skin grafting, collagen fillers. Some people do it by themselves using dermaroller, needling, and chemical peels which include glycolic, TCA, and more.

Where do you get the silicone sheets that you speak of, and is this a guess or from experience?

Edited by blueinfinity, 21 May 2013 - 04:01 AM.

#6 linlin92

• 53 posts

Posted 02 October 2016 - 12:34 PM

I had a scrape up my leg from falling in a volleyball match and once the awful pain subsided, I started applying Vit E and camphor oil on it religiously 3 x day until the scabs came off.

All was fine until 2 weeks later when hyperpigmentation decided to set in! Even though I managed to stop ugly hypertrophic scarring from taking place, the pigmentation is not exactly the best looking feature either.

So.. Does anyone know whether a 4% niacinamide topical gel work on it? Or do I really need silicon sheets (reminds me of C-sections haha) and the ZnO?

#7 aconita

• 1,389 posts
  • NO

Posted 03 October 2016 - 10:34 PM

Hyperpigmentation is probably one of the hardest to solve...

There are a few ways to tackle it but you really have to be patient since results don't usually come fast or satisfying enough.

Time takes care of it too....

About silicon sheets, of which I have a vast experience, don't get fooled by the instructions: one single sheet is all you need since washing it once a day with common hand soap will make it last forever, absolutely a nonsense the recommendation to change it once a week (therefore don't waste money on big boxes).

Not the most effective strategy, of some value in order to prevent hypertrophic scars formation and certainly helpful for nicer healing especially if applied as soon as scabs comes off and kept on 24/24.

Niacinamide will not hurt but I am not sure about efficacy.

Better to apply nothing but betadine until the scab comes off, preventing infections is the only thing that matters for a good healing at that stage.

Retin A helps a nicer healing, a tip: if you know you are going to have a surgeon working on you treat the area with Retin A for a couple of weeks before, the healing of the skin will be amazingly fast and nice (much more effective than if applied afterward), if the surgeon is not a dog you might end up with unnoticeable scarring (personal experience), don't ask me why, likely nobody really knows the proper answer...yet.

Dermastamping can do wonders for scars, especially indented ones, but I am not sure if I would recommend it for fresh ones, it might aid in even out pigmentation too.

If you PM me a picture of your scar I might be able to suggest you the best treatment in order to deal with the specific issue.       

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users