Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

mitoQ

• Please log in to reply
351 replies to this topic

#271 tunt01

• 2,308 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 09:45 PM

I am willing to sell my MitoQ, if you want it.  I bought 3 bottles.  I opened one bottle, tried it maybe twice and didn't care for it.  

If you want my 2 unopened bottles or everything just msg me.  I know this stuff can be expensive.

EDIT:  SOLD

Edited by prophets, 23 November 2016 - 01:46 AM.

#272 bosharpe

• 239 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 November 2016 - 10:02 PM

Why do you think it went up? I just checked and the regular MitoQ is 59.95 which is the same price that I have been paying since 2014 except for I am using the discount code for members and getting 15% off.

Its more for me. I was paying £105 for the triple pack. Now they are 128.95.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#273 TRUGAN

• 196 posts

Posted 22 November 2016 - 10:30 PM

That sucks. I understand they are rather expensive and I may have to cut back as well. Im considering just taking a single cap instead of two. Maybe that would work for you too.

• Agree x 1

#274 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2016 - 01:25 AM

MitoQ priced themselves out for most supplement users. If they brought the price at level similar to NR (another overpriced supplement) i.e. ~$40USD per bottle , they may have reached higher customer penetration and, I dare to say, the increased sales volume would more than offset the lower, but still massive, profit margin.

At  sub $35 per bottle, mitoQ would be flying off the shelves as the numerous CoQ10/uniquinol users would switch to it given its enhanced bioavailability.

I am also an one-time customer who would not re-purchase at the current prices.

• Agree x 2
  • Good Point x 1

#275 bosharpe

• 239 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 November 2016 - 01:45 AM

Yeah I agree. You have to be wealthier than I am to be able to afford to continually purchase. I could only just afford them when the prices were lower, even with a discount code. Will try c60oo again perhaps when my supply has finished.

#276 gregmacpherson

• 127 posts

Posted 23 November 2016 - 02:14 AM

Hi All,  just noticed this thread.    

The US pricing has remained the same but we have had to adjust pricing for other currencies in line with foreign exchange movements. 

We  have sale on over this weekend for those of you looking to replenish.  

It's been a while since I checked in with the good people at Longecity but if you have any questions I would be more than happy to answer.  

Thanks and regards

Greg

• Informative x 1

#277 Kalliste

• 1,147 posts

Posted 29 November 2016 - 06:12 PM

Has there been any development on the issue of MitoQ vs neural stem cell generation?

• Good Point x 4

#278 The Beauty of Peace

• 173 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 February 2017 - 06:40 PM

Any updates on this supplement? 

#279 Razor444

• 240 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:05 PM

Yep. MitoQ has repeatedly increased in price. Probably best to stay away from it, unless you have a serious illness or are wealthy enough to tolerate constant price hikes!

• Good Point x 4

#280 The Beauty of Peace

• 173 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 February 2017 - 09:54 PM

Yep. MitoQ has repeatedly increased in price. Probably best to stay away from it, unless you have a serious illness or are wealthy enough to tolerate constant price hikes!

The company said that they have not increased the price and that they are not planning to increase it. We can also email Greg and ask him)

#281 Razor444

• 240 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:32 AM

It's already been increased once, and it's going to be increased on the 1st March. (If I correctly understand the email--MitoQ supplements being in their range). Here's a copy of the email:

'We hope 2017 is off to a healthy start for you.

This is a courtesy e-mail to advise you that we will be implementing a 10% price increase across the MitoQ range, effective 1st March 2017.

As a valued customer, we wanted to inform you of this in advance to enable you to take advantage of our current pricing prior to 1 March.

Thank-you for your custom and we wish you good health throughout 2017 and beyond.'

• Informative x 1

#282 The Beauty of Peace

• 173 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:40 AM

It's already been increased once, and it's going to be increased on the 1st March. (If I correctly understand the email--MitoQ supplements being in their range). Here's a copy of the email:

This is a courtesy e-mail to advise you that we will be implementing a 10% price increase across the MitoQ range, effective 1st March 2017.

As a valued customer, we wanted to inform you of this in advance to enable you to take advantage of our current pricing prior to 1 March.

Thank-you for your custom and we wish you good health throughout 2017 and beyond.'

Attached Files

• Enjoying the show x 1
  • like x 1

#283 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:56 AM

I think the overall sentiment here on Longecity is that mitoQ is not as great as it is expensive thus many (like myself) tried once when there was a discount offered to the LC community ~2 years ago and then never bothered with it due to the excessive cost (60USD for 60 5mg caps, are you kidding me?).

Which explains why this thread and the overall interest died down...

If they plan to hike even more they will only be left preying on the truly crippled people (carriers of mitomutations, MS etc) who HAVE TO take it to feel somewhat normal/better. No money-conscious and healthy supplement user would be able to afford it as part of their everyday regimen.

Edited by aribadabar, 23 February 2017 - 01:57 AM.

• Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

#284 TRUGAN

• 196 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 01:57 AM

I didnt get that email but that really sucks! 

Edited by mrwhitee, 23 February 2017 - 02:01 AM.

• Agree x 1

#285 Razor444

• 240 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:29 AM

The Beauty of Peace, 

They said the price hadn't increased recently. Depending on your definition of 'recently', that could be true: A couple of weeks ago? Yesterday? Two months ago? Etc.

As for not putting up the price in the future. Question mark! Not sure why they would say that. They could be new, and not know about the increase. Or it could only be for UK customers. Not sure.

Did anyone else get the valued-customer-fuck-you-give-me-more-money-again email (the one I mentioned above)? It looks like it's their newsletter. So, if you haven't signed up, then you wouldn't have gotten the mail.

• Cheerful x 1

#286 The Beauty of Peace

• 173 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:33 AM

The Beauty of Peace, 

They said the price hadn't increased recently. Depending on your definition of 'recently', that could be true: A couple of weeks ago? Yesterday? Two months ago? Etc.

As for not putting up the price in the future. Question mark! Not sure why they would say that. They could be new, and not know about the increase. Or it could only be for UK customers. Not sure.

Did anyone else get the valued-customer-fuck-you-give-me-more-money-again email (the one I mentioned above)? It looks like it's their newsletter. So, if you haven't signed up, then you wouldn't have gotten the mail.

Since I have not noticed a price spike, I did not investigate this question any further. But we can all write to the CEO (his email is mentioned at the beginning of this thread) and express our dissatisfaction. But again, I did not notice a huge spike. 

P.S.:  gmacpherson@mitoq.com   I just wrote to him.

Edited by The Beauty of Peace, 23 February 2017 - 03:35 AM.

#287 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 February 2017 - 04:42 AM

USD has risen against most other major currencies ( GBP took a nosedive post-Brexit) and Greg has already confirmed that upthread that they "adjusted"  (read: increased) their non-USD pricing. Maybe UK's pricing change is being implemented now.

#288 gregmacpherson

• 127 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 09:18 AM

Hi All,  Comments above noted.  

We recently sent an email out to our UK/EU customers notifying them that there will be a price increase.  This relates to our sales volumes hitting a point where we have had to register for VAT.  VAT is 20% in the UK and between 6 and 21% in the EU.   We have absorbed half of the VAT so in real terms the price has dropped (from our perspective) but effectively it means that the price has increased by 10% in the UK (and 10% increase in the EU for our skincare). Unfortunately this is on the back of the recent price increase in the UK because of the fall in the value of the GBP. 

Otherwise there are no price increases planned.  Every 6 months we review pricing against exchange rates and that means in some instances prices will go up and in others the price will go down.  This is to ensure that the effective price of MitoQ remains within range globally.  

All LongeCity members get a preferred price for MitoQ and we very much appreciate the support of the members of LongeCity.  

In terms of a quick research update; We hope to have the results available for our clinical trial of MitoQ in older adults at Colorado U available mid year and will have the results of the Interventions Testing Anti-aging programme late this year/early next.  We are having an independent meta-analysis completed of all previous studies to identify bio-marker changes relating to aging and that should be completed by the end of this year as well. We have a number of other clinical trials underway with results due in 2018. 

Lastly, you may have seen the latest research on SKQ1 out of Russia and Sweden that showed quite a clear anti-aging effect. We are encouraged by this work as it is a class effect and suggests we will see similar once the Interventions Testing Program is completed.  

I am travelling at the moment but if you have further questions I will endeavour to respond as quickly as I can. 

Thanks!

Greg

Hi All,  Comments above noted.  

We recently sent an email out to our UK/EU customers notifying them that there will be a price increase.  This relates to our sales volumes hitting a point where we have had to register for VAT.  VAT is 20% in the UK and between 6 and 21% in the EU.   We have absorbed half of the VAT so in real terms the price has dropped (from our perspective) but effectively it means that the price has increased by 10% in the UK (and 10% increase in the EU for our skincare). Unfortunately this is on the back of the recent price increase in the UK because of the fall in the value of the GBP. 

Otherwise there are no price increases planned.  Every 6 months we review pricing against exchange rates and that means in some instances prices will go up and in others the price will go down.  This is to ensure that the effective price of MitoQ remains within range globally.  

All LongeCity members get a preferred price for MitoQ and we very much appreciate the support of the members of LongeCity.  

In terms of a quick research update; We hope to have the results available for our clinical trial of MitoQ in older adults at Colorado U available mid year and will have the results of the Interventions Testing Anti-aging programme late this year/early next.  We are having an independent meta-analysis completed of all previous studies to identify bio-marker changes relating to aging and that should be completed by the end of this year as well. We have a number of other clinical trials underway with results due in 2018. 

Lastly, you may have seen the latest research on SKQ1 out of Russia and Sweden that showed quite a clear anti-aging effect. We are encouraged by this work as it is a class effect and suggests we will see similar once the Interventions Testing Program is completed.  

I am travelling at the moment but if you have further questions I will endeavour to respond as quickly as I can. 

Thanks!

Greg

• like x 3
  • Informative x 1

#289 The Beauty of Peace

• 173 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:00 PM

Great news! How do we get the discount? 

#290 Razor444

• 240 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:22 PM

We recently sent an email out to our UK/EU customers notifying them that there will be a price increase.  This relates to our sales volumes hitting a point where we have had to register for VAT. 

The explanation makes all the difference.

The UK governemnt needs the money for a war on drugs, mass surveillance, and to pay incompetent bureaucrats.

I skimmed an article about that. The model animals (mice/rats) seemed like they were genetically fucked up—not wild-type mice.

• dislike x 1

#291 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:42 PM

He means the paying members of Longecity so you need to purchase a Longecity membership (50USD/yr) to be eligible for the discount.

Then you can access a member-only area where the discount is disclosed.

#292 The Beauty of Peace

• 173 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:44 PM

He means the paying members of Longecity so you need to purchase a Longecity membership (50USD/yr) to be eligible for the discount.

Do u know how much the discount is? 

#293 aribadabar

• 860 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 February 2017 - 03:59 PM

Do u know how much the discount is? 

15% 

Yes, still here! Just been a little quiet of late because of my work load.  Its been a very busy time. 

Lots happening in terms of human research across fibromyalgia, cardiovascular health, MS, kidney health, metabolic function and lung health.   I will post as an when the research is published.  There will be some this year and some next.  

If you take a look at pubmed.com and search MitoQ you will see some of the other research that has recently been published.  

And our big news from 2015 was that we were selected for the NIA's Intervention Testing Program - an independent anti-aging research programme. 

Re discounts ... we have a discount of 15% available to paid members of Longecity. 

Thanks, Greg

• like x 2
  • Informative x 1

#294 pone11

• 654 posts
  • NO

Posted 28 April 2017 - 06:44 AM

Does anyone have a link to the SKQ1 life extension research?

Is it correct that SKQ1 is not commercially available, and due to its synthetic nature is not likely to become available as an over the counter supplement for humans?

Greg, what is the ETA on MitoQ's research that was due out around now?

Edited by pone11, 28 April 2017 - 06:46 AM.

#295 pone11

• 654 posts
  • NO

Posted 02 May 2017 - 02:39 AM

Greg, as I understand it MitoQ acts as an antioxidant only and does not replace biological function of CoQ10.   I have questions on this:

1) Do you have any research showing whether MitoQ recycles the way that CoQ10 does?

2) I worry if you get too much MitoQ into your mitochondria, would it possible interfere with CoQ10?   Perhaps if MitoQ is actively acting as an electron donor to all ROS, CoQ10 would not be doing this as actively, and somehow this might slow down the electron transport chain?

3) Is there a condensed list of all of the MitoQ research available?   Your link on the website has no dates and the abstracts are so long that the 56 studies go onto six different pages.   It would really be nice to see this all condensed to a single page, with dates and journal references with each summary, and then maybe a condensed abstract for each study.

• Agree x 2

#296 gregmacpherson

• 127 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 11:04 PM

Hi Pone11,

Answers embedded in bold below. 

I also have some updates below as well. 

Thanks, Greg

Greg, as I understand it MitoQ acts as an antioxidant only and does not replace biological function of CoQ10.  

Correct, although note that because mitochondria make their own CoQ10 MitoQ indirectly increases levels as it enhances overall mitochondrial function, 

I have questions on this:

1) Do you have any research showing whether MitoQ recycles the way that CoQ10 does?

Yes, MitoQ recycles the same way that CoQ10 does. 

2) I worry if you get too much MitoQ into your mitochondria, would it possible interfere with CoQ10?   Perhaps if MitoQ is actively acting as an electron donor to all ROS, CoQ10 would not be doing this as actively, and somehow this might slow down the electron transport chain?

MitoQ sits in the inner mitochondrial membrane where it acts as an antioxidant to support all of the process that occur in that membrane.  It is possible in theory if you took enough MitoQ that it would impact on CoQ10 function but at the recommended dose of 10-20mg it has proven not to be an issue. Our clinical study for Parkinson's had patients taking 80mg a day for a year so you can rest assured that 10-20mg will not be negatively affecting mitochondrial function. 

3) Is there a condensed list of all of the MitoQ research available?   Your link on the website has no dates and the abstracts are so long that the 56 studies go onto six different pages.   It would really be nice to see this all condensed to a single page, with dates and journal references with each summary, and then maybe a condensed abstract for each study.

The best place to visit is pubmed.org and search for MitoQ.  This is a completely independent repository of research that will give you the abstracts of the research that has been done on MitoQ. If you have any questions after reviewing that please feel free to fire through. 

As a general update;

We have completed our clinical trial with Colorado U and will have the results published later in the year.  I am not in a position to provide specifics until the paper is published but it had a very positive outcome. I will report on the results as soon as I can.  

Oregan U is about to start a study investigating MitoQ in a common neurological condition. We are very encouraged to be participating with them for human trials.

We have a further 3 trials in the planning that I will update you with as they come up.

We continue to be approached by researchers weekly for supply of MitoQ for research and that will see quite a significant acceleration in papers over the next 6-18 months. 

We now have hundreds of thousands of patient months experience with MitoQ and it is becoming quite evident that it is delivering positive health benefits.

Lastly we are now 2 years through the Interventions Testing Program - a US based anti-aging research program and have another 8 months or so before results are made available.  

Thanks! 

• like x 3
  • Informative x 2

#297 ta5

• 952 posts
Posted 13 May 2017 - 11:35 PM

Greg, could you comment on this study?

Cell Rep. 2017 May 9;19(6):1202-1213.

Formentini L1, Santacatterina F1, Núñez de Arenas C1, et al.
Mitochondria are signaling hubs in cellular physiology that play a role in inflammatory diseases. We found that partial inhibition of the mitochondrial ATP synthase in the intestine of transgenic mice triggers an anti-inflammatory response through NFκB activation mediated by mitochondrial mtROS. This shielding phenotype is revealed when mice are challenged by DSS-induced colitis, which, in control animals, triggers inflammation, recruitment of M1 pro-inflammatory macrophages, and the activation of the pro-oncogenic STAT3 and Akt/mTOR pathways. In contrast, transgenic mice can polarize macrophages to the M2 anti-inflammatory phenotype. Using the mitochondria-targeted antioxidant MitoQ to quench mtROS in vivo, we observe decreased NFκB activation, preventing its cellular protective effects. These findings stress the relevance of mitochondrial signaling to the innate immune system and emphasize the potential role of the ATP synthase as a therapeutic target in inflammatory and other related diseases.
PMID: 28494869

#298 agram

• 3 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:18 AM

gregmacpherson

Are you aware of MitoQ being used for Mito dysfunction caused by adverse drug reactions such as statins or fluoroquinolones?

thanks

#299 gregmacpherson

• 127 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:18 PM

gregmacpherson

Are you aware of MitoQ being used for Mito dysfunction caused by adverse drug reactions such as statins or fluoroquinolones?

thanks

Hi Agram, 

Yes, we have quite a few customers using MitoQ for both issues.   Those with Statins are best to combine a low dose CoQ10 (30-50mg) with MitoQ as there is still a need for CoQ10 in cell compartments other than the mitochondria. 

Thanks

• Informative x 1

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#300 gregmacpherson

• 127 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 09:25 PM

Greg, could you comment on this study?

Cell Rep. 2017 May 9;19(6):1202-1213.

Formentini L1, Santacatterina F1, Núñez de Arenas C1, et al.
Mitochondria are signaling hubs in cellular physiology that play a role in inflammatory diseases. We found that partial inhibition of the mitochondrial ATP synthase in the intestine of transgenic mice triggers an anti-inflammatory response through NFκB activation mediated by mitochondrial mtROS. This shielding phenotype is revealed when mice are challenged by DSS-induced colitis, which, in control animals, triggers inflammation, recruitment of M1 pro-inflammatory macrophages, and the activation of the pro-oncogenic STAT3 and Akt/mTOR pathways. In contrast, transgenic mice can polarize macrophages to the M2 anti-inflammatory phenotype. Using the mitochondria-targeted antioxidant MitoQ to quench mtROS in vivo, we observe decreased NFκB activation, preventing its cellular protective effects. These findings stress the relevance of mitochondrial signaling to the innate immune system and emphasize the potential role of the ATP synthase as a therapeutic target in inflammatory and other related diseases.
PMID: 28494869

Hi Ta5,

I don't think this is a concern. This study used a very interesting - but obscure - TG mouse model to explore mito ROS signalling pathways. The situation in colitis/Crohn's/IFB is quite different. More importantly, if you look at the two papers in the links below you will see that there is strong evidence in mouse models that MitoQ prevents the damage in colitis.

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/25034594

https://www.ncbi.nlm...pubmed/23915129

Thanks.

• like x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users