Photo
- - - - -

Never been this wired. mouth swirling with vodka

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 SpawnMoreOverlords

• 58 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 02:46 PM

Don't know how else to describe it but this is feeling unnatural, I have never experienced this level of energy.

I'm using 98% micronized resv from revg. Tried typical oral administration before(300mg) and never really felt anything, which seemed normal as I thought you're not supposed to feel anything extra from it. Then took a 2 week break while using cycloastragenol(astral fruit). Resumed 2 days ago. This time I used approximately the same or even less, I merely spread it with my fingers all around my gums/teeth/under the tongue, then wait 2-3 minutes until my mouth starts to get salivated, take a sip of vodka(to keep the pores open) and swirl the hell out of it for good 15-20 minutes, creating as much pressure/flow/movement inside as possible using my cheeks. Although it seems burdensome, keeping yourself occupied with cooking / doing some morning chores helps. Gargle twice or thrice as well just for the hell of it too. After about 15 minutes it gets too full cause of all the extra saliva so I swallow the whole solution. This is done on empty stomach first thing in the morning.

No changes in the supplementation as well. It just seems I don't get tired no matter what. On day 2 I came back from work(when I'm usually tired and just chill and surf the net) and kicked in a hell of a workout indoors for over an hour. Day 3 I felt the same, cept I put in close to two hours of studying after coming back from work. At the same time I'm calm and falling asleep is still easy, not like after a coffee. Whats happening ? Ive tried a hell of a lot of supplementation in my life time(nothing heavy though) and only deprenyl came close to that in terms of additional motivation(without the extra energy boost though). Hope I don't end up crashing after some period of time.

#2 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 04:18 PM

Spawn, this sounds like what health_nutty was doing. He's noticed some major effects from the buccal res/vodka combination. In this thread he reported anxiety/anger effects, but he's also mentioned improved exercise recovery as I recall. Hedgehog suggested a dopamine reuptake inhibition as a possible mechanism. Anyone else try this?

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 hmm

• 143 posts

Posted 18 February 2010 - 11:55 PM

Spawn, this sounds like what health_nutty was doing. He's noticed some major effects from the buccal res/vodka combination. In this thread he reported anxiety/anger effects, but he's also mentioned improved exercise recovery as I recall. Hedgehog suggested a dopamine reuptake inhibition as a possible mechanism. Anyone else try this?

I also used vodka mixed with rsv in that way to avoid what I thought were stomach problems from taking about 2 1/2 grams of 99% revgenetics rsv per day. I had that same method of just trying to swish everything around in my mouth for 15 or 20 minutes until it just got filled up (and occasional small bits would squirt out of the corners of my mouth) and I finally swallowed it. I certainly didn't feel like that method was more potent than the 2 1/3 grams mixed with eggnog that I was taking. But on the other hand, though I had suspicions that I wasn't getting as much effect from the buccal delivery, there weren't any solid indications that the effects were less. During the buccal delivery phase there was still no soreness after basketball sessions, and plenty of energy available for running and swimming.

The only real surge of energy I ever got from rsv was the first month or two when I first started taking rsv in significant doses. That was with rsv/emodin pills. After a lot of reading in this forum, I tended to attribute the "high" and a lot of the energy surge to the emodin in those pills, but who knows which ingredient was doing what? Everything after that, even experiments with 6 or 7 grams in a day, never made me feel such a surge of energy again.

#4 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 02:18 AM

Alcohol is directly absorbed through mucosal tissue in the mouth, bypassing the action of gastric alcohol dehydrogenase. You may be just getting high from the alcohol, much more so than if you simply swallowed it.

FWIW, I much prefer Jim Beam to vodka as an adjunct to resveratrol supplementation. I never noticed grealy increased energy, maybe just a mild buzz. But I never held in in my mouth for more than a minute at most.

#5 hmm

• 143 posts

Posted 19 February 2010 - 10:25 PM

Alcohol is directly absorbed through mucosal tissue in the mouth, bypassing the action of gastric alcohol dehydrogenase. You may be just getting high from the alcohol, much more so than if you simply swallowed it.

FWIW, I much prefer Jim Beam to vodka as an adjunct to resveratrol supplementation. I never noticed grealy increased energy, maybe just a mild buzz. But I never held in in my mouth for more than a minute at most.

Oh, one more thing I forgot to mention. There were a few nights I did get kind of higher than usual, though not really wired: No buccal, but taking a gram+ of 99% rsv, mixed with an ounce of vodka and stirred into 3 or 4 ounces of eggnog, on an empty stomach. Followed by two quick beers. I usually get a nice little buzz when chugging a couple beers on an empty stomach, but those days when I chased the rsv with the beers, I felt extra special... I've always kind of wondered if alcohol and rsv are just made to go with one another...

Edited by hmm, 19 February 2010 - 10:26 PM.

#6 health_nutty

• 2,410 posts

Posted 23 February 2010 - 11:34 PM

Don't know how else to describe it but this is feeling unnatural, I have never experienced this level of energy.

I'm using 98% micronized resv from revg. Tried typical oral administration before(300mg) and never really felt anything, which seemed normal as I thought you're not supposed to feel anything extra from it. Then took a 2 week break while using cycloastragenol(astral fruit). Resumed 2 days ago. This time I used approximately the same or even less, I merely spread it with my fingers all around my gums/teeth/under the tongue, then wait 2-3 minutes until my mouth starts to get salivated, take a sip of vodka(to keep the pores open) and swirl the hell out of it for good 15-20 minutes, creating as much pressure/flow/movement inside as possible using my cheeks. Although it seems burdensome, keeping yourself occupied with cooking / doing some morning chores helps. Gargle twice or thrice as well just for the hell of it too. After about 15 minutes it gets too full cause of all the extra saliva so I swallow the whole solution. This is done on empty stomach first thing in the morning.

No changes in the supplementation as well. It just seems I don't get tired no matter what. On day 2 I came back from work(when I'm usually tired and just chill and surf the net) and kicked in a hell of a workout indoors for over an hour. Day 3 I felt the same, cept I put in close to two hours of studying after coming back from work. At the same time I'm calm and falling asleep is still easy, not like after a coffee. Whats happening ? Ive tried a hell of a lot of supplementation in my life time(nothing heavy though) and only deprenyl came close to that in terms of additional motivation(without the extra energy boost though). Hope I don't end up crashing after some period of time.

I just saw this post. I did have major effects when I kept 200mg resveratrol in my mouth for 15 minutes (with lecithin). I now use just 50mg -100mg and hold for only 5 minutes. Still get energy, but i'm not "on edge" like before. I didn't get a lift like caffeine, but it felt like I would easily get anxious or frustrated. When I would exercise intensly for an hour, 5 minutes later I felt amped up instead of mellow like I normally feel from a good workout.

P.s. have you checked your blood pressure? I'm pretty sure my buccal resveratrol was contribuiting to higher than normal BP.

#7 SpawnMoreOverlords

• Topic Starter
  • 58 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 03:52 PM

Found the culprit. Its deprenyl. Is there anyone else on the board combining buccal resv with deprenyl ? the synergy seems to be incredible. I mean I definitely feel deprenyl alone(5mg with breakfast - very subtle but its there. even on day1) but with buccal resv its amplified many-fold. I did a lot of experiments just to isolate those two(included taking a two weeks break from every single supplement including vitamins) and confident its not a placebo.

Just incredible motivation to do stuff combined with limitless energy.

Chronic use of deprenyl scares me though hence I only use it on occasion, even though it is not how its supposed to be used. I find just taking it once a week or less works great for me when I want an extra boost.

Edited by SpawnMoreOverlords, 13 April 2010 - 04:36 PM.

Click HERE to rent this advertising spot to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#8 2tender

• 673 posts

Posted 13 April 2010 - 05:03 PM

Found the culprit. Its deprenyl. Is there anyone else on the board combining buccal resv with deprenyl ? the synergy seems to be incredible. I mean I definitely feel deprenyl alone(5mg with breakfast - very subtle but its there. even on day1) but with buccal resv its amplified many-fold. I did a lot of experiments just to isolate those two(included taking a two weeks break from every single supplement including vitamins) and confident its not a placebo.

Just incredible motivation to do stuff combined with limitless energy.

Chronic use of deprenyl scares me though hence I only use it on occasion, even though it is not how its supposed to be used. I find just taking it once a week or less works great for me when I want an extra boost.

Deprenyl converts to an amphetamine-like substance, its an MAO inhibitor. Resveratrol, on a much smaller scale is also an MAOI. As always, some people may be more sensitive to the effects of combinations than others. For LE purposes, Deprenyl can be taken 3 times weekly, but there are dietary restrictions that should be followed which makes it impractical for most. If it gives you overt BP increases, I wouldnt take it. Could be something you're eating, drinking, smoking, etc. Check for diet restrictions when taking Deprenyl. Give yourself a drug test(available at pharmacies) that test for the widest range of substances. Might be interesting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users