• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

DNA Rejuvenating Cream (with teprenone)?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Yelena

• 18 posts

Posted 26 April 2010 - 08:53 AM

Hello everyone,

I ordered this cream from Dr. Al Sear's website a few days ago (before I found this forum):

http://www.mypurerad...revive/SAS.html

it's very expensive ($99.97 for a 1oz jar), but the claims sounded soo good!

Now I've been lurking on this forum for the past 3 days, and even though most of what you
discuss here is way too over my head, I've learned a few things from you already.

So now I'm pretty sure you'll tell me I've been conned with this miracle cream :( but
I decided to ask your opinion about it anyway...

What do you think about it? (I haven't received it yet, it should arrive in a couple of days)
Can it really do what the sales letter promises (reduce/put a halt to wrinkles, age spots, redness, and
dry and sagging skin, etc).
Do I still need to use sunscreen on top of it? (it claims to make skin cells resistant to UV damage)
Can it do any harm to my skin?

here's the ingredient list:
http://www.mypurerad...evive_label.pdf

P.S. I'm 30 years old, if that matters

#2 Yelena

• Topic Starter
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 12:58 PM

Here's the ingredient list:

Ingredients: Puried Water, Squalane, Hyaluronic Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride
(natural thickening agent derived from coconut), Teprenone, Polyacrylate 13,
Polyisobutene, Polysorbate 20, Xylitylglucoside, Anhydroxylitol, Xylitol, Astragalus,
Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.

So what do you think? Is it worth the money?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 tintinet

• 1,972 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 03:12 PM

Likely not. But you can certainly get skin products with teprenone for less $$.

#4 Yelena

• Topic Starter
  • 18 posts

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:45 PM

Likely not. But you can certainly get skin products with teprenone for less $$.

Now the question remains, is teprenone useful/good for skin? If it's just hype, then it doesn't really matter if I can buy it cheaper... I just wish I found this forum before I placed my order! I'll be really upset if it turns out that I spent a hundred bucks for an ounce of a BS moisturizer :p

#5 vencasand

• 4 posts

Posted 30 April 2010 - 12:34 PM

please let us know how good it is or bad. i have never heard of it but if it does work i know a lot of people will be happy. but you will have to use it and try it. after paying all that money i do hope it works for you.

#6 fawnie

• 25 posts

Posted 15 May 2010 - 11:50 PM

Hi Yelena
A friend used it and liked it very much! She said some patchy dark areas on the sides of her neck cleared up by the time she finished the jar. She said she would def repurchase but has since gone on to try to dupe it herself using teprenone as the main active.

I use teprenone in my DIY cream and am still waiting to see what it does for me...it's been 2 weeks. Will review after 2 months.

#7 Eva Victoria

• 887 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:11 PM

Hello everyone,

I ordered this cream from Dr. Al Sear's website a few days ago (before I found this forum):

http://www.mypurerad...revive/SAS.html

it's very expensive ($99.97 for a 1oz jar), but the claims sounded soo good!

Now I've been lurking on this forum for the past 3 days, and even though most of what you
discuss here is way too over my head, I've learned a few things from you already.

So now I'm pretty sure you'll tell me I've been conned with this miracle cream :( but
I decided to ask your opinion about it anyway...

What do you think about it? (I haven't received it yet, it should arrive in a couple of days)
Can it really do what the sales letter promises (reduce/put a halt to wrinkles, age spots, redness, and
dry and sagging skin, etc).
Do I still need to use sunscreen on top of it? (it claims to make skin cells resistant to UV damage)
Can it do any harm to my skin?

here's the ingredient list:
http://www.mypurerad...evive_label.pdf

P.S. I'm 30 years old, if that matters

It is one of the STAR products of Sederma and the in vivo tests have actually shown great results on all age and gender!
I do believe that the use of this ingredients in facial products should follow the recommendations of the producer (3% of initial product) to have any visible effect.

I have used it for over 3 month on my face in a serum I made (3% concentration) and have noticed similar effects to Retin-A. Also some minor side effects like peeling but no redness.

I would not recommend using products with this ingredient unless on sun damaged skin or age 30+.

#8 happy lemon

• 275 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 01:20 PM

I have just surfed the net to find the info of Teprenone.

Hannah of Skin Actives comments that:

"Glaucine and Teprenone are in my list of "don't touch" ingredients. Teprenone is an ulcer medicine not used in the USA, and the supporting research for its use in
creams is non-existent..."

"...The mechanism of action of teprenone on gastric ulcers is still unclear, but may involve increased synthesis of heat shock proteins. We
simply don't know enough about its benefits or side effects....""

http://skinactives.w...light=teprenone

Is it safe for us to use this active long term?

#9 AnnaI

• 6 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:01 PM

It is one of the STAR products of Sederma and the in vivo tests have actually shown great results on all age and gender!
I do believe that the use of this ingredients in facial products should follow the recommendations of the producer (3% of initial product) to have any visible effect.

I have used it for over 3 month on my face in a serum I made (3% concentration) and have noticed similar effects to Retin-A. Also some minor side effects like peeling but no redness.

I would not recommend using products with this ingredient unless on sun damaged skin or age 30+.

It sounds great.Does teprenone increase sun sensitivity like retinoids?

#10 Eva Victoria

• 887 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 03:26 PM

It sounds great.Does teprenone increase sun sensitivity like retinoids?

Not that I know of. But it is a cosmetic ingredient which means it does not have so great effect as Retin-A can have.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users