If only I could dodge Tianeptine side effects

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 May 2010 - 09:48 PM

Hi

I've just started experimenting with Tianeptine and so far I've had mixed results. I have tried from 3 -8 tablets spaced through the day but despite this I still suffer from anoying side effects.
I believe that if I can conquer these side effects then this could potentially be a great drug. The reason I am even writing this thread is because through my use of Tianeptine I have seen glimpses of amazing clarity and moments of bliss. But unfortunately I am only getting these positive states of mind late in the day. So this is my problem. I really am confused about why this is happening to me. I didn't feel particulary depressed before starting Tianeptine treatment I decided to take it as I've always suffered from slight anhedonia and I was hoping it would put some colour back into my life. Before starting treatment I have been a good sleeper, I eat very healthily and exercise regulary. I only experience odd moments of stress at work. So maybe my cortisol is that of a normal functioning person? This is what I presume. Due to the negative side effects maybe Tianeptine is only benefical for individuals with very high cortisol?

Before I go any further I wish to name the main negative side effects I have suffered with Tianeptine.
These include: (all mainly occur during day time hours)
Slow cognition (to the point where I forget words), extreme tiredness after each dose (If there is a bed in my sights and I foolishly choose to rest my head on the pillow I'll be knocked out cold), Extreme calmness in a non productive way 'zombie type effect' (Could be percieved as being benefical for some indivuals but for me it prevents me from getting involved in anything).

So bearing in mind these side effects would I be correct in thinking that my cortisol is perhaps already pretty low if this drug is having this effect on me? I don't find Tianeptine stimulating in any way at all despite what I have read about its effects on the brain. I assumed that enhancing the re-uptake of serotonin would give rise to dopamergenic and stimulatingntype effects.

The positives I have witnessed are : Increased clarity of mind (feels clean and pure), It expands my creativity of thinking (I feel that due to the optimism I experience I can dream and my imagination comes alive - much like when I was a kid and something that is lost in depressed anhedonic individuals), The world looks far more appealing and interesting (even blissfull when I am experiencing something of real beauty).

So most of these positves correlate with 'feeling'. It's not a nootropic drug in any way from what I have seen so far. I really want this drug to work for me just because of how it has the ability to make me feel. But these sides are quite bad (especially the tiredness) and if they continue I will unfortunately be stopping this drug. I cannot contemplate having a slow mind and being unable to keep up. It's what has made me improve my life since joining these forums. The last year or so I have moved ahead of my colleagues purely through my mind working quicker than theirs (thanks to what I have learned here).

I have scoured the forums and this extreme tiredness issue does seem to be apparant in some individuals but it's not overly common. I guess I'm just a bit unlucky in this respect. It doesn't mean I have to give up with it though. I really want to give it another chance.

So what do you guys think? Do you think this is related to cortisol? Would it be beneficial for me to maybe try taking something that boosts cortisol (whilst taking Tianeptine) to see if this makes any difference? Or is this just adding too much into the mixing pot?

I have decided that if I cannot elimate these side effects then I will be abandoning this drug and trying Agomelatine. I am able to get hold of this at a cheaper price thanks to a link provided in a PM to me from Chrono. It's made from the same company Servier and it doesn't come with any annoying tiredness due to its evening dose requirement. I would be hoping that it could potentially have similar beautifully clean anti-depressant type effects as Tianeptine but would be more suited to me as an individual.

It would be good to hear any feedback. It would also be good to hear from people on here who have experienced this extreme tiredness effect whilst taking Tianeptine.
  • like x 1

#2 ycomp

• 4 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 08:54 AM

I love tianeptine.... but I find it doesn't work as well if I take it often. So I take it only occasionally, I can;t remember if this only happens when mixing with alcohol or not because usually I take it when i go out to have some fun and was drinking as well.... but I love the next day effect.... where the next day often I'm in a great mood and will laugh my ass off if I watch anything funny - like craig ferguson on youtube.

Melitor (agomelatine) is also kinda cool. But I find that it is best only taking 1 tablet of melitor, more than 1 is not good... can't remember exactly why. Melitor is great too but I've been on other stuff most of the time I've been experimenting with it so I can't straight out say how effective it is... but I like it.

But I think tianeptine is one of the greatest drugs ever invented :-D

I do not get tired from it.. most I've taken is 6 or 7 tablets in a night... but this year I stick to 1 or 2 usually.

Edited by ycomp, 22 May 2010 - 08:59 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Aphrodite

• Guest, F@H
  • 106 posts

Posted 22 May 2010 - 05:56 PM

Tianeptine inhibits activity of the enzyme nitric oxide synthase (NOS) in the hippocampus. This is an important subcellular signalling system for the glutamate-NMDA receptor.

http://www.tianeptine.com/

Nitric oxide synthase is involved in memory formation; therefore, inhibition may interfere with memory consolidation.

Altered synaptic plasticity and memory formation in nitric oxide synthase inhibitor-treated rats.

Nitric oxide (NO) is a messenger molecule that is produced in the brain from the metabolism of L-arginine to L-citrulline. Growing evidence suggests a physiological role for NO in long-term potentiation (LTP). Since LTP is a form of synaptic plasticity thought to be involved in learning and memory, we have tested whether inhibition of endogenous NO production affects memory capacities of rats. We found that the NO synthase [L-arginine, NADPH:oxygen oxidoreductase (nitric oxide-forming), EC 1.14.13.39] inhibitor N omega-nitro-L-arginine, at doses blocking LTP in hippocampal slices, impairs spatial learning in a radial arm maze and olfactory memory in a social recognition test. In contrast, N omega-nitro-L-arginine left shock-avoidance learning unaffected. These results indicate that NO is involved in some but not all forms of memory and further support the existence of a causal link between LTP and spatial learning.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....icles/PMC47528/
  • like x 2
  • Informative x 1

#4 Thorsten3

• Topic Starter
  • 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 May 2010 - 06:14 PM

Tianeptine inhibits activity of the enzyme nitric oxide synthase (NOS) in the hippocampus. This is an important subcellular signalling system for the glutamate-NMDA receptor.

http://www.tianeptine.com/

Nitric oxide synthase is involved in memory formation; therefore, inhibition may interfere with memory consolidation.

Altered synaptic plasticity and memory formation in nitric oxide synthase inhibitor-treated rats.

Nitric oxide (NO) is a messenger molecule that is produced in the brain from the metabolism of L-arginine to L-citrulline. Growing evidence suggests a physiological role for NO in long-term potentiation (LTP). Since LTP is a form of synaptic plasticity thought to be involved in learning and memory, we have tested whether inhibition of endogenous NO production affects memory capacities of rats. We found that the NO synthase [L-arginine, NADPH:oxygen oxidoreductase (nitric oxide-forming), EC 1.14.13.39] inhibitor N omega-nitro-L-arginine, at doses blocking LTP in hippocampal slices, impairs spatial learning in a radial arm maze and olfactory memory in a social recognition test. In contrast, N omega-nitro-L-arginine left shock-avoidance learning unaffected. These results indicate that NO is involved in some but not all forms of memory and further support the existence of a causal link between LTP and spatial learning.

http://www.ncbi.nlm....icles/PMC47528/

Working along that line of thinking do you think hyper dosing L-Arginine would be benficial in this case? I'm willing to try anything. I have tried it with Piracetam in the past couple of days as Pira really revs my brain (to the point where I no longer feel comfortable taking it because it causes me to think too much) but cognitive dulling effects of Tianeptine totally overshadow it. I am thinking of trying it with Oxiracetam tommorow to experiment further with this theory but if I continue to have no luck I will have to explore other options. I have L-Arginine lying around somewhere so could try this too. I've never tried Deprenyl but I assume the stimulating action could maybe offset the dulling effect of Tianeptine. Again I am just trying to think of ways around this right now. I have 2 months supply and I'll continue to experiment to try and discover if there is a way around this. The anti-depressant effects I have experienced from the drug so far are pretty awesome.

It's quite weird, but as an update what I have discovered is that I feel the most benefits from Tianeptine when the effects from the last dose appear to be wearing off. I still feel a bit mentally slow but I also feel a lingering euphoric state but the real benefit is that I feel a bit more 'with it'. Beleive it or not this kind of feels like a marijuanna type of 'after high' (the euphoric relaxation effect that seem to linger hours after smoking your last joint). But this is just an observation i'm not saying it is a marijuanna substitute.

#5 Thorsten3

• Topic Starter
  • 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 May 2010 - 06:15 PM

I love tianeptine.... but I find it doesn't work as well if I take it often. So I take it only occasionally, I can;t remember if this only happens when mixing with alcohol or not because usually I take it when i go out to have some fun and was drinking as well.... but I love the next day effect.... where the next day often I'm in a great mood and will laugh my ass off if I watch anything funny - like craig ferguson on youtube.

Melitor (agomelatine) is also kinda cool. But I find that it is best only taking 1 tablet of melitor, more than 1 is not good... can't remember exactly why. Melitor is great too but I've been on other stuff most of the time I've been experimenting with it so I can't straight out say how effective it is... but I like it.

But I think tianeptine is one of the greatest drugs ever invented :-D

I do not get tired from it.. most I've taken is 6 or 7 tablets in a night... but this year I stick to 1 or 2 usually.

Hey thanks for sharing your experiences. I get paid in a few days and I am going to be placing my first order of agomelatine. How would it compare to stablon in your opinion? What were the main benefits you noticed from melitor?

#6 Thorsten3

• Topic Starter
  • 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 May 2010 - 02:24 PM

My experimenting continues!

Today I have restarted Memantine @20mg and 2 hours later I ingested 12.5mg of Tianeptine. I was expecting this combination to knock me out but it has worked surprisingly well. I no longer get much stimulation from 20mg of Memantine but the addition of Tianeptine so far looks very promising. But more importantly I am not feeling dull and slow through my dose of Tianeptine and my cognition feels completely normal - and the magic of Tianeptine is still there. So this combination looks promising at the moment.
Whether I have suddenly become more tolerant to the dulling cognitive effects I don't know. I find it strange that this could happen in just one day? Or this could be the effect of Memantine somehow counteracting this annoying side effect of Tianeptine? In all honesty I just don't know.
I know from reading and studying www.tianeptine.com that Tianeptine much like Piracetam helps modulate the NMDA receptor and from my own experience Piracetam works with Memantine (so in theory there isn't any strange reason why Tianeptine wouldn't work with Memantine)

Edited by Thorsten, 23 May 2010 - 02:25 PM.

• like x 1

#7 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 03:12 PM

Memantine strikes again :-D

Hopefully the effects will continue man.

#8 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 23 May 2010 - 07:59 PM

Are you gonna try the combo with afobazole and piracetam? Would be interested in seeing how thats gonna work out:p.

#9 Thorsten3

• Topic Starter
  • 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 May 2010 - 09:06 PM

Are you gonna try the combo with afobazole and piracetam? Would be interested in seeing how thats gonna work out:p.

Haha indeed I'll probably try them all out in different combinations. The problem is I have too much stuff and want to try and settle on one or two meds and see if it can be a long term thing (well long term as in at least a year or so).
There are also a few other things I'd like to try so I'll probably be trying out a few other components in the future too. I'd like to try LDN eventually just to see if I am a responder to the opioid anti-depressant qualities that have been reported. I think Deprenyl, Agomelatine are others I would also like to eventually try and after that I think I will be pretty much done with experimenting (although I would still lurk on these forums daily in the hope that 'the magic pill' will one day be invented!).
Everyone is different on here but I feel my main issues are anhedonia, anxiety (although the severity fluctuates depending on my life circumstances - i.e it'll not be present 90% of the time but in those other 10% of situations it can be real bad, almost crippling - I mean I get it each time I go to the supermarket - doesn't matter which supermarket I just start to panic).
So my issues are quite complex as indeed are most people's on here.
Despite this anxiety I feel anhedonia is more of a pressing priority. I came to the conclusion recently that the inability to feel pleasure from normal everyday things is something I cannot tolerate for any longer. I only have one life! So I'd like to find something that restores that magic perspective. Seeing the beauty in life. Something that I suspect I lost through my abuse of recreational drugs. I feel stablon has so far been an interesting agent because it does allow you to see something special in the everyday things but it's not perfect by any stretch. I'm determined to give it a proper shot but it feels like a frustrating drug because it is as if it is showing you the light but it's not quite there totally. Maybe that's why people on here sometimes refer to its effects as being pretty benign? It certainly is subtle, almost as if it is cleansing my phyche but it's not giving me the kick up the backside I would get with an SSRI.

I'll keep you posted of any further experiments medievil. I know low dose Afobazol worked with Memantine. Afobazol and Piracetam worked together. Memantine worked with Piracetam but this came with a greater intensity of the effects of Pira (which could be good or bad depending on the individual). I never tried all three together.
So far Tianeptine works with Piracetam. Also with Memantine. Haven't tried stablon yet with Afobazol but I would be wary of doing so until these cognitive dulling effects subside. I may try stablon tomorrow on its own again (without the Memantine) just to ascertain whether today's lack of cognitive decline through stablon use wasn't down to the addition of Memantine. It may turn out the subsiding cognitive dulling effects could just be down to the fact that it has taken me this long to adapt fully to the drug.

As a side note actually I have some lovely Trivastal in my draw that I could try with Tianeptine too. I'll eventually get around to trying that out at some point.
Anyway that's enough of me blabbering on for one night i'm going to bed now. Have a good night guys! :-D

Edited by Thorsten, 23 May 2010 - 09:13 PM.

• like x 1

#10 John Barleycorn

• 142 posts

Posted 19 July 2010 - 07:16 AM

It would also be good to hear from people on here who have experienced this extreme tiredness effect whilst taking Tianeptine.

If you merely want to be more alert and nothing else, then the obvious countermeasure is Modafinil or equivalent. Your remaining problem is likely to be economic as these are two of the most expensive supplements going. :)

#11 Animal

• 689 posts

Posted 20 July 2010 - 01:00 PM

Dude if you find a combination that works, don't keep experimenting, just stick with it. A lot of pharmaceuticals tend to be highly bioactive the first time you begin a regime of them, but if you stop and then restart at a later date they tend to be far less effective. So keep that in mind before stopping a regime that works. :blush:

#12 Thorsten3

• Topic Starter
  • 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 12 January 2011 - 11:23 PM

1 week into a new trial with this. I am stopping again. The side effects are pretty disabling (in a totally different way to SSRI's ironically). For the record, or anyone who is thinking about taking this drug I am going to list the positive and negatives of this drug for what its worth:

Positives:

a) Increased mood (sometimes). The first pill every morning is such a great feeling. But if I add any more during the day (doesn't matter what time) I notice a 'rough' come up which includes a pretty bad anhedonic type of feeling but then I notice that my mood improves as the drug is wearing off. Maybe this is a sign of my 5HT system upregulating or maybe my brain is just happier off the drug? Who knows...

b) I am not reactive to stress around me. This is the reason I started taking it again. It works for sure in this area. I am still being drawn into stressfull situations around me (my job is of that nature) but what I notice is that even when I do get absorbed into these situations my level of stress is massively reduced and most importantly my brain doesn't fester afterwards. For anyone who can tolerate the side effects and is looking for a brain protectant due to stress I would not hesitate in recommending this substance.

c) Unlike other anti-depressants this one hightens emotion. I love that side of it, I feel human and I feel like the drug is enriching my existence not quashing it. I recently experimented with a very low lose of fluoxetine as an experiemnt and this was even more efficient at protecting from stress but it, along with all SSRI's I have ever taken, kills something inside of me. I would start talking to hot girls I work with and instead of me being interested further in them, SSRI's kill that curiosity - Tianeptine on the other hand gives me chills of pleasure that I feel instantly when chatting to girls - It's not like a euphoric drug or anything, far from it - I am just aware of this benefit it has in this area.

d) It does relax me to a certain extent.

Negatives

a) This drug initially felt as if it has increased cognition slightly. Now I am starting to feel really stupid on it. I think its NMDA antagonists in general - I had exactly the same reaction to Memantine. I think its great that its neuroprotective but where I feel far more stupid - it's kind of taking away something from me personally in this area. I am normally quite a quirky guy who enjoys witty banter but I struggle with this big time on tianeptine. Maybe glutamate is, for me, pretty essential in the levels I naturally have at baseline level.

b) It is still making me nervous as hell. Fucking hell I really have to struggle through the day sometimes. I am still unsure whether I may be taking too much. 2 pills per day is under the recommended thrice daily that is put forward from Servier. But as I have already said that second pill really screws me up. The nervousness is a big problem with this drug, it's uncomfortable - full stop.

c)I suppose the price is not ideal

d) Overall I am just not as happy on this as I would be if I was on an SSRI. I know I have criticised SSRI's quite a bit in the past because of what they take away from me as a person - I cannot argue with their sheer efficiency at protecting from depression. Sometimes although I will feel tianeptine is a good drug, I still have the capacity to feel miserable on it - in fact in certain situations it just doesn't help and may in fact be adding to the problem.

So what do I do now?

Well I am considering a few options...

a) Remeron
b) Agomelatine (restarting this tonight as I still have pills left - but I plan to go with 50mg for a week or so and then go down to 25mg - this has worked great before but I stopped due to a severe reaction in my mouth - this was later improved immensely by purchasing sodium laurel sulphate free toothpaste)
c) Baclofen - You're probably thinking WTF?! But this drug is really nice on my mood. When I take it I'll take it about 19.00 and it improves sleep I suppose. The real beauty is the after effects that I notice the next day. Really cool. Zero stress. Could I take it everyday? Not sure.. I need to look into the true magnitude of tolerance with this one. I suspect it may have to just be an occasional one -
d) No drugs - Go back to trying a ketogenic diet. It's the ultimate defence for stress and is my ultimate aim - I will get there one day.

In hindsight tianeptine is a great drug in some respects. Animal ,above, rates it very highly as you can see. But it's not for everyone. Unfortunately it wasn't for me.

Edited by Thorsten, 12 January 2011 - 11:31 PM.

• like x 2

#13 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:11 AM

I can relate to the anxiety you mention in this report. It only happens these days if I go over the 12.5mg dosage. But it's almost like a tightness in the throat, an over-stimulated feeling and a general tightness all over the body. Feels almost like vasoconstiction but my veins and arteries don't appear to be any smaller.

Now that I've been taking this a bit over 2 months most of the side effects have gone away completely if I stay just at 12.5mg thrice daily. Every once in a while I decide to try higher dosages and the result is always an uncomfortable tightness and anxiety-like feeling (on the verge of shortness of breath, tightness in throat, etc).

Also, when I take it too close to my bed-time it gives me the most intense myoclonic jerks I've ever had. It's to the point with the myoclonic jerks that it borders on a psychedelic/paranormal experience in which a burst of energy shoots through my body and I explode into a cloud of pure energy... until I move around and reassert my body's actual position in my bed. It sounds interesting but it's quite terrifying and disruptive of my sleeping patterns and can happen over 10 times before I'm able to actually fall asleep for the night.

So I try to dose in the AM, early afternoon and 6pm. That seems to avoid the intense nighttime experiences.

#14 nito

• 996 posts

Posted 09 January 2012 - 08:03 AM

wow u get side effects from stablon? at most i might just feel slightly drowsy but that chills me out. I can't really call that a side effect though.

#15 Thorsten3

• Topic Starter
  • 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 11 January 2012 - 12:43 PM

I can't even remember making this thread lol

I don't take tianeptine at all now. Anecdotals all across the internet seem to indicate that this isn't a drug that is very effective at doing what it claims. There are a couple of success stories I have come across but that seems to be the extent of it.

If you can take tianeptine without suffering the crash in mood that comes at the tail end of each dose then that is a start. If you are then not affected by the intense nervousness it can induce then that will also be a bonus. It also has some sort of modulating effect on the NMDA receptor IIHRC but all I noticed with the drug was a sharp decline in cognition so it didn't agree with me in that sense either. So, If you also are able to tolerate the dosing three times a day and the sheer cost of it I would say sure give this drug a try.
  • like x 1

#16 magniloquentc0unt

• 299 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 02:10 PM

reading this is annoying. im suffering from post SSRI emotional blunting, brainfog and anhedonia and was hoping SSRE might just very simply put REVERSE my status
but i really feel quite more stupid than before already, and while id give almost enything to have my emotions back, i dont want to give away the last bit of mental clarity i feel i have
have you tried it with modafinil?

#17 unblocktheplanet

• 1 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:44 AM

I had a long-term, severe depressive episode coupled with insomnia and panic attacks before I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's thyroiditis. Yes, anhedonia and complete inability to make even simple decisions. These symptoms may also be the result of the mitral valve prolapse which is frequently associated with Hashimoto's.

Firstly, I think EVERYBODY with these symptoms should experiment FIRST with thyroxine, 50-100mcg daily for six weeks, irrespective of blood level testing results for TSH, Free T4 and Free T3. If your depression and other mental faculties lift, you're on the right track. The blood levels just are not accurate for subclinical amounts.

Secondly, Mirtazapine and Trazodone have done the trick over the past ten years. My only complaints are the expence--about $300/year--and weight gain. But I'd rather be a bit fat...and happy!

However, I'm interested to try Ketamine and also Agomelatine to perhaps get rid of the antidepressants entirely.

#18 nowayout

• 2,946 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:52 PM

I don't take tianeptine at all now. Anecdotals all across the internet seem to indicate that this isn't a drug that is very effective at doing what it claims.

Hmm, my impression is quite the opposite. Of all the antidepressants, tianeptine appears to be the only one that has large numbers of consistently positive anecdotals on the internet.

#19 Thorsten3

• Topic Starter
  • 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:19 PM

Hmmmm. Do these long term users have any tips to share, on how to ride out the side effects? They were pretty brutal in my case.

Edited by Thorsten2, 25 September 2013 - 01:23 PM.

#20 nowayout

• 2,946 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:13 PM

Hmmmm. Do these long term users have any tips to share, on how to ride out the side effects? They were pretty brutal in my case.

Not that I could tell. Most seem not to have those side effects. But this is not scientific, just an overall impression from anecdotes I have read on tianeptine. I am aware that it is dangerous to conclude anything from internet reviews, but I have to say in the case of other antidepressants that I have tried my internet impression was reasonably accurate. For example, agomelatine seems ineffective for most and so it turned out for me too. But if you didn't see any positive effects from tianeptine, the question of eliminating side effects is pretty much irrelevant.

#21 Thorsten3

• Topic Starter
  • 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:18 PM

I did see benefits, hence this thread and why I persisted with it for so long. Unfortunately, the sides interfered significantly with my quality of life.

Edited by Thorsten2, 25 September 2013 - 03:19 PM.

#22 magniloquentc0unt

• 299 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 03:42 PM

personally i find tianeptine energizing, i wake up way more easily in the morning and upon dosing i have a nice, happy little burst of energy... i do recognize the weird side effects on cognition thou: I had very bad memory problems from the start, and while tianeptine has seemed to improve my memory (i am sure that sleep plays a role here! i dream MUCH more and need LESS sleep), the side effect i recognize the most is *swapping words*. Lets say i wanted to say "sworn", what comes out of my mouth might be "swamp", or "swan", or "sword".. its weird and almost funny...

Edited by magniloquentc0unt, 25 September 2013 - 03:42 PM.

#23 Saffron

• 114 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 09:42 PM

On the bright side

its good that tianeptine has side effects at higher doses -- so people cannot use it to get "wasted/high" -- it turns foul in higher doses so it can ONLY be used as an antidepressant / nootropic. No one is going to be able to do with it what they do with street drugs or with vicodin, if they tried, it would turn foul on them, its limited to being a anxiety depression aid!

as for an analogy, its like the cough syrup that has other drugs added to it, no one can use a dose higher than to stop coughs and chase a ketamine like high.

I know people here arent looking for that, im just saying, good thing other people cant.

Edited by Saffron, 02 January 2015 - 09:44 PM.

#24 Saffron

• 114 posts

Posted 02 January 2015 - 09:46 PM

ok as for the tireness effect, you cant do anything about that except space the tianeptine doses further from each other and have coffee.

• Disagree x 1

#25 Seraphim69

• 6 posts

Posted 15 March 2015 - 08:52 PM

I have recently been using tianeptine at 100 mgs and have noticed great mood elevation and general feeling of well being. I began dose at 12.5 mg and noticed less to nothing, next day 60 mgs and a little mood elevation. For the last 2 days 100 mgs 1 time a day. At 100mgs 2 consecutive days in a row no other herbs or nootropics except copious amounts of caffeine 300-400mgs.

Pros: mood elevation borders on euphoria, not like MDMA or ecstasy on that level but subtle and clean . Losing a sense of time, relaxed cognition process, emotional components are effective and balanced, pondering , meditative like alpha wave quality, very much in control of choices, stiffness in neck and neck pain reduced by 80% anagelsic properties.

Cons: memory and motivation limited, minimal activity interest. Preoccupation with pleasurable activities ( eating, music, couch occupation, difficulty reaching for TV remote( a little to far away) lol short half life 3-4 hours although a nice after glow which seems to last around 8 hours or so.

Overall at this time I would give it 8.5 out of 10. I would recommend this for recreation. I would caution using at 100 mgs for work or detail oriented tasks.

#26 Fenix_

• 183 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:26 PM

I wonder if tianeptine even builds any tolerance at the reccomended dosage of 12.5mg x3 per day?

#27 HappyShoe

• 213 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 12:30 AM

I used to take 25mg 3x a day for a long time, about 4 months. I started getting opioid withdrawal side effects when I was trying to taper off to stop taking it, like nausea and leg cramps, and a little bit of cold sweating, but it wasn't too bad, and it only lasted 3-4 days. I developed tolerance to it and I already have massive stimulant tolerance so it began to do nothing for me. High doses at the same time(over 50mg) made me extremely nauseous and tired, that's all I remember regarding that.

#28 Seraphim69

• 6 posts

Posted 16 March 2015 - 03:35 PM

@Fenix_ Opioid receptors are prone to tolerance build up, these include those related to analgesia/euphoria. I wish I could share the link I found. I can't because I am a newbie here, after I clear my 3 days without adding a link I will post the short article on tianeptine from a scientist 

who breaks it down in laymens terms.

@Happyshoes I realize this about tianeptine, but have you considered l theanine with caffiene this is a great mood elevator and works for many people with depression/anxiety issues. when I do it on occasion it is about 200 mgs 2 x a day with caffeine, I tend to sip caffeine throughout the day on breaks and lunch time. I hope that helps!

#29 Seraphim69

• 6 posts

Posted 22 March 2015 - 05:22 AM

@Fenix here is that linkhttp://www.tianeptine.com/

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 Saffron

• 114 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 09:22 PM

I have recently been using tianeptine at 100 mgs and have noticed great mood elevation and general feeling of well being. I began dose at 12.5 mg and noticed less to nothing, next day 60 mgs and a little mood elevation. For the last 2 days 100 mgs 1 time a day. At 100mgs 2 consecutive days in a row no other herbs or nootropics except copious amounts of caffeine 300-400mgs.

Pros: mood elevation borders on euphoria, not like MDMA or ecstasy on that level but subtle and clean . Losing a sense of time, relaxed cognition process, emotional components are effective and balanced, pondering , meditative like alpha wave quality, very much in control of choices, stiffness in neck and neck pain reduced by 80% anagelsic properties.

Cons: memory and motivation limited, minimal activity interest. Preoccupation with pleasurable activities ( eating, music, couch occupation, difficulty reaching for TV remote( a little to far away) lol short half life 3-4 hours although a nice after glow which seems to last around 8 hours or so.

Overall at this time I would give it 8.5 out of 10. I would recommend this for recreation. I would caution using at 100 mgs for work or detail oriented tasks.

thanks, the DEA will take your posts, and other peoples posts into consideration before they ban it, as they did with hundreds of other formerly new things that people posted about, because you feel irresistibly compelled to broadcast recreational properties, use MDMA analogies, and other totally douchbagic stuff.

It would be a mistake too because this drug is not a high nor recreational, even at 100 mg. Its an anxiety reducer, pain reducer, etc. who the hell could possibly get high off tian? It doesnt even completely reduce depression and anxiety, the effect is partial !!!

Edited by Saffron, 03 April 2015 - 09:24 PM.

• Good Point x 1
  • Agree x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users