Posted 04 July 2010 - 11:41 PM

Finally got this to work, I think

add your location here

Attached Files

#2 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 04:14 PM

This is great. We want people to think about how there are other people supporting this cause, and this map adds another dynamic for understanding that and recognizing that in peoples minds. It shows you whos around you which should help a lot for things like chapters and conferences. It humanizes people a little bit more, they become less of a 1 dimensional voice. I like to think of people as citizens of the world rather than individual countries which this helps with. It also has a satellite function, which makes this pretty much just as useful as google earth. In fact I had google earth open from a few days ago and instead of clicking there to plan out my next boat trip Im now using the Imminst map.

#3 RighteousReason

• 2,491 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:42 AM

How to add?

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 GiovanniR

• 80 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 01:27 PM

How to add?

Click on the top of any page of the forum, the last tab, "map"; when you are there you will see on the right a button to add your location, click it and write the name of the place you live.
That's all. :)

#5 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 01:32 PM

Duke show up as "Member". Is that a bug ?

#6 caliban

• Topic Starter
  • Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 06:31 PM

It only works for Members and Team Contributors.

DukeNukem is a Member, but also currently still a Director. The 'primary' member group has do do with the new subscription system.

#7 RighteousReason

• 2,491 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 10:29 PM

DukeNukem is a Member, but also currently still a Director. The 'primary' member group has do do with the new subscription system.

Not paying for a membership. You should allow any user to add to the map

#8 distinct

• 114 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 02:09 AM

Not paying for a membership. You should allow any user to add to the map

Ditto.

#9 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:47 AM

Well, There's at least one registered user on that map. Have you guys checked to see if you can add yourselves ?

#10 RighteousReason

• 2,491 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 10:46 PM

Also, auto-add everybody to the map who filled in their location in their profile. That's what they did at the objectivismonline.net forums and their map is loaded now.

#11 caliban

• Topic Starter
  • Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,150 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 05:10 PM

Well, There's at least one registered user on that map.

Team contributors appear as registered users.

The point is not to get the map "loaded" but to assist people who are active in the movement to connect.

On that note, we can add centres and institutions, as long as they have a clear relevance to the mission and some personal connection to ImmInst. Let me know if you have any suggestions.
  • like x 1

#12 RighteousReason

• 2,491 posts

Posted 10 July 2010 - 08:04 PM

The point is not to get the map "loaded" but to assist people who are active in the movement to connect.

If someone takes the time to register a username on the Immortality Institute forums and fill out their location, that makes them active in the movement and worth helping them connect. It's not like I suggested letting any random guest put their location on the map just to make it "loaded".

There's good reason why other forums do it the way I'm saying, so give it some consideration.

Edited by RighteousReason, 10 July 2010 - 08:05 PM.

#13 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 21 July 2010 - 10:11 AM

If someone takes the time to register a username on the Immortality Institute forums and fill out their location, that makes them active in the movement and worth helping them connect.

I don't mean this as judgement of anyone's contribution, but there are an awful lot of people in the supplements forum who sign up and make half a dozen posts...or even none at all. I think it's a stretch to say these people are active in the movement.

So I don't think autofilling the map would advantageous. There are obviously many people here who make a great contribution without paying for membership, and it's a shame that they can't add themselves.

But then again, membership should be encouraged ;)

#14 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 11:05 PM

If you support indefinite life extension then please do add yourself to this map.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users