Photo
- - - - -

BHT

• Please log in to reply
57 replies to this topic

#1 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 09:44 PM

So I ran across this stuff recently, and it seems to have some strong anecdotal support for it's anti-viral effects. I believe Duke uses, or used to use this stuff.

In BHT's other function, as a membrane manipulator, molecules of BHT merge with the lipid membranes of cells and of viruses that have lipid envelopes (such as the herpes virus). The presence of enough BHT molecules in a viral envelope can alter the envelope's physical properties enough to make the viral particle incapable of infecting a human cell. This can bring a halt to a viral infection's spread within the body.

What is BHT good for?
According to the medical research literature, BHT can be useful for:

• preventing viral infections, such as herpes, and terminating their outbreaks3,4,5,6
  • prevention of DNA damage and cancer by certain carcinogens7,8,9
  • protection of the brain from damage by alcohol10
  • increasing the tissue concentrations of Vitamin E11
  • preventing birth defects in diabetic pregnancies12
  • preventing atherosclerosis13
  • protection from manganese toxicity14

http://www.lifelinkn...roducts/BHT.asp

BHT's Use as an Antiviral Based on an article by Ed Sharpe A little over 25 years ago a paper was published in the journal Science showing that BHT, a common food preservative, could inactivate herpes simplex and other lipid-coated viruses in lab dishes 1. Two years later another paper in the same journal reported similar results, but this time in live animals — dietary BHT could prevent chickens from dying of Newcastle disease 2. Like herpes simplex, NDV (the virus that causes Newcastle disease) is lipid-enveloped — its nucleic acid core is sheathed in a fatty membrane. Viruses of this type require an intact membrane to be infective. BHT seems to work against such viruses by disrupting their viral membranes.

In the chicken study cited above, the amount of BHT needed to inhibit NDV turned out to be equal to the amount already present in chicken feed as an additive, i.e., 100 to 200 parts per million of total diet 2. Assuming a comparable result for humans and a total food intake of about 2 kilograms per day, this would mean that 200 to 400 milligrams of BHT ingested daily should be adequate to protect most people from infection by herpes and other lipid-coated viruses.

Inspired by early scientific reports on the antiviral activity of BHT, a number of people suffering from herpes began to experiment on themselves in the late 1970s. As described in several books published a few years later, the BHT experimenters discovered that a daily dose of 250 to 1000 mg resulted in rapid recovery from herpes eruptions with no recurrences 3, 4.

Studies performed since then have confirmed the activity of BHT against many different human and animal viruses, including such members of the herpes family as CMV (cytomegalovirus) 5, pseudorabies 6 and genital herpes 7. BHT appears to inhibit infectivity of HIV 8, the AIDS virus, although contradictory results have also been reported 9. A protective effect of BHT against the development of influenza infection has been shown 10, 11. The mechanism involved may have to do with the fact that BHT is a highly potent, membrane-active antioxidant as well as a membrane fluidizer. It's known that reactive oxygen species (ROS) play a role in the pathogenesis of viral infections — including RNA viruses such as influenza, DNA viruses such as hepatitis B, and retroviruses such as HIV — and it's been suggested that antioxidants may be useful as therapeutic agents in such infections 12.

http://drzarkov.com/...-antiviral.html

It's even a weak mitochondrial uncoupler, and it might help with weight loss.

Mitochondrial uncouplers with an extraordinary dynamic range
Phing-How Lou,* Birgit S. Hansen,† Preben H. Olsen,† Søren Tullin,† Michael P. Murphy,* and Martin D. Brand*1

Abstract
We have discovered that some weak uncouplers (typified by butylated hydroxytoluene) have a dynamic range of more than 106 in vitro: the concentration giving measurable uncoupling is less than one millionth of the concentration causing full uncoupling. They achieve this through a high-affinity interaction with the mitochondrial adenine nucleotide translocase that causes significant but limited uncoupling at extremely low uncoupler concentrations, together with more conventional uncoupling at much higher concentrations. Uncoupling at the translocase is not by a conventional weak acid/anion cycling mechanism since it is also caused by substituted triphenylphosphonium molecules, which are not anionic and cannot protonate. Covalent attachment of the uncoupler to a mitochondrially targeted hydrophobic cation sensitizes it to membrane potential, giving a small additional effect. The wide dynamic range of these uncouplers in isolated mitochondria and intact cells reveals a novel allosteric activation of proton transport through the adenine nucleotide translocase and provides a promising starting point for designing safer uncouplers for obesity therapy.

Edited by rwac, 28 July 2010 - 11:02 PM.

#2 pycnogenol

• 1,164 posts

Posted 28 July 2010 - 10:30 PM

Durk Pearson and Sandy Shaw have some recent articles about BHT.

Surprise Discovery: BHT Is a Natural Antioxidant

http://www.life-enha...ate.asp?id=2178

BHT Found to Be Naturally Produced in Phytoplankton

http://www.life-enha...ate.asp?id=2168

I don't currently take BHT.

Edited by pycnogenol, 28 July 2010 - 10:31 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Gerald W. Gaston

• 529 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 03:24 AM

I have 100 caps of Durk Pearson and Sandy Shaw's "BHT Plus" here unopened for some time. I grabbed it when I was reading up on people using it for its antiviral use. But after much reading I decided against taking it as it seems too controversial in regard to it being carcinogenic.

Edited by frankbuzin, 05 August 2010 - 03:24 AM.

• Needs references x 1

#4 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 05:16 AM

It's kind of ironic that BHT used to be widely used in the food industry. It was once proposed that an observed decrease in the rate of stomach cancers was due to the increased use of the antioxidants (preservatives) BHT and BHA. Animal tests of these substances showed them to be anti-carcinogenic, at least in some models. However, the public was swept by a wave of fear regarding any and all preservatives, and over the years the food industry has invested heavily in impermeable packaging and other technologies that allowed them to eliminate the feared compounds, and advertise their products as proudly preservative-free.

#5 Gerald W. Gaston

• 529 posts

Posted 05 August 2010 - 05:42 AM

Yes my dad claims BHT and BHA are what has keep him alive all these years.

I ended up not worrying about it in the food, but questioned whether I wanted to supplement with it to help keep the occasional cold sore away. Perhaps if I had a more serious issue I would have took the risk.

A few non-official BHT links that might spark some interest:

http://www.delano.co...-antiviral.html
http://truthinaging..../what-is-it-bht
http://www.diagnose-...eat/T87900.html
http://carcin.oxford...short/30/6/1016
http://bht-coldsores.blogspot.com/
http://www.cosmetics...ingred06=700741

#6 michael chang

• 18 posts

Posted 07 August 2010 - 09:38 AM

I remember reading it somewhere that BHT does produce a very powerful toxin in body as a byproduct. I'll look for it. Also is a strong blood thinner.

#7 michael chang

• 18 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 03:42 AM

Found it. BHT-hydroperoxide [Yamamoto, 1980]. BHT sure does have its upside, but lots of downside. For lipd coated virus problem, I would go for Carrageenans instead.

#8 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 04:37 AM

Found it. BHT-hydroperoxide [Yamamoto, 1980]. BHT sure does have its upside, but lots of downside. For lipd coated virus problem, I would go for Carrageenans instead.

There's been a lot of animal work looking at this. You can break down the process of cancer formation into initiation, promotion, and progression. When animals are exposed to extremely potent chemical carcinogens such as diethylnitrosamine, they provide the initiating event. If they are subsequently exposed to BHT, it acts as a promoter, but if the BHT exposure is prior to or coincident with the initiation, there doesn't seem to be an effect. Some info on this here. Animals fed 0.25 or 1.0mg/kg BHT for two years without exposure to potent carcinogens exhibited rates of cancer that were largely similar to controls. Source
  • Informative x 1
  • WellResearched x 1

#9 rwac

• Topic Starter
  • 4,764 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 05:36 AM

That's actually very useful info, especially since I may have some peroxidation issues. Thanks a bunch.
The acute toxicity of butylated hydroxytoluene and its metabolites in mice.

Edit: fixed link.

Edited by niner, 08 August 2010 - 05:44 AM.

#10 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 05:53 AM

That's actually very useful info, especially since I may have some peroxidation issues. Thanks a bunch.

Here's the abstract you linked:

Toxicol Lett. 1980 Aug;6(3):173-5.

Yamamoto K, Tajima K, Mizutani T.

the acute toxicity of butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT) and four of its metabolites, 2,6-di-tert-butyl-4-hydroperoxy-4-methyl-2,5-cyclohexadien-1-one (BHT-OOH), 2,6-di-tert-butyl-4-hydroxy-4-methyl-2,5-cyclohexadien-1-one (BHT-OH), 2,6-di-tert-butyl-p-benzoquinone (DBQ), and 2,6-di-tert-butyl-4-[(methylthio)methyl]phenol (BHT-SCH3) was studied in young male mice following intraperitonel administration. The i.p. LD50 values of BHT, BHT-OOH, BHT-OH, DBQ, and BHT-SCH3 wee 3550, 190, above 1600, 2270, and 1840 mg/kg, respectively. These results suggest that BHT-OOH probably is the most toxic metabolite of BHt.

PMID: 7404597

These were acute tox measurements, and note the LD50s- they are insanely high relative to normal consumption (and i.p., at that). The hydroperoxide LD50 is lower than the other forms, but it is such a low concentration metabolite that it's hard to find in vivo. The real question is what is the effect of chronic low-level exposure to BHT? The answer seems to lie somewhere between nothing and chemoprotection.
  • like x 1

#11 michael chang

• 18 posts

Posted 08 August 2010 - 09:21 AM

Actually BHT extends animal life span in general, though this life extending effect only comes with humongous amount of BHT, translated something like to a minimum of a gram a day for human.

Anyway, why does it extend life?
This brings a couple of things in mind that I know and I think about BHT.

There used be a cholesterol lowering drug named Probucol, now pulled off the shelf because it at times but not always lowered overall cholesterol level, jowever did so by lowering HDL and boosting LDL. Take a look at the chemical structure of Probucol and BHT. You will see that Probucol is basically a two BHT molecules joined together. Digression: I think Probucol is nothing but a sly attempt to make profit out of BHT, which was (and still is) a non-patentable substance at the time of Probucol development.

If you search PubMed, there are only two or three papers dealing with BHT's effect on cholesterol and it is not surprising that BHT-fed rabbits' LDL level also soared considering BHT's nearly identical chemical structure to Probucol. However what is intriguing is that, these rabbits never developed atherosclerosis, in fact when sacrificed, their arteries were found to be as very clean.

Is it lipid coated virus inactivating effet that does this? As you know, there are scholars who thinks virus (and nano bacterias) is the root cause of atherosclerosis.
Is it truly the antioxidant effect that counts when it comes to suppressing development of atherosclerosis and not the lower level of LDL?
Or is it that rabbits' life span (and other animals' for that matter) too short for the soaring LDL level to really start its black magic (depositing plaque)?

Nobody disputes BHT's anti-virus power so there's nothing to be said about that for now, only a lot to be researched.
Also nobody disputes Probucol's anti-plaque forming power, in fact nothing beats Probucol in its ability to prevent restenosis so I would think same goes for BHT hence makes the uppermentioned point No.2, somewhat valid. However I am personally more attracted to the No.3 because when you really think about it, atherosclerosis becomes problematic mostly after 40+ years of age, which is way beyond normal life span of these lab animals.

Now there is an entirely different school of thoughts that thinks BHT maybe is a telomere extender. I personally know that universities in Korea and Japan are joint-studying BHT and its sister molecules as telomere extender, but as usual they never make their findings public.

My personal experience with BHT:
Prothrombin time enlengthens horribly for about an hour after intake.
Skin flakes though not so seriously.
Lightheadedness and difficulty to focus.

And these symptoms do not go away after I up my hydroperoxide quenching antioxidants so I do not take it.
Hope I made a little contribution.
  • like x 2
  • Informative x 1

#12 rwac

• Topic Starter
  • 4,764 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:25 AM

Here's something interesting I found. BHT inhibits cytochrome P450 activation. CYP450 is the principal agent responsible for hydroxylation.

From wikipedia

The principal residue to be hydroxylated in proteins is proline. The hydroxylation occurs at the γ-C atom, forming hydroxyproline (Hyp), an essential element of collagen, in turn a necessary element of connective tissue. Proline hydroxylation is also a vital component of hypoxia response via hypoxia inducible factors. In some cases, proline may be hydroxylated instead on its β-C atom. Lysine may also be hydroxylated on its δ-C atom, forming hydroxylysine (Hyl).

So, BHT would inhibit production of hydroxyproline, and the obvious solution is to supplement it. And the cheapest way to supplement it is with gelatin.

And these symptoms do not go away after I up my hydroperoxide quenching antioxidants so I do not take it.

Skin flakes = collagen deficiency ?
Lightheadedness = problems with hypoxia response ?

I have the exact same symptoms, and taking gelatin seems to help a lot.

The Big question is, what else does CYP450 do ?

Edit: CP450->CYP450

Edited by rwac, 17 August 2010 - 03:57 AM.

#13 rwac

• Topic Starter
  • 4,764 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 04:47 AM

It's not nearly as simple as that. BHT actually promotes collagen production.

Collagen production rates following acute lung damage induced by butylated hydroxytoluene
James P. Kehrera

aDivision of Pharmacology and Toxicology, College of Pharmacy, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, TX 78712, U.S.A.

Received 11 August 1981; accepted 1 December 1981. Available online 5 November 2002.

Abstract
Treatment of mice intraperitoneally with butylated hydroxytoluene (BHT) results in the formation of a diffuse, dose-dependent lung lesion. At high doses of BHT, pulmonary flbrosis becomes evident. The rate of collagen production was measured in vitro in normal and BHT-damaged lung tissue by quantitating the formation of acid-insoluble [3H]hydroxyproline from [3H]proline at 1, 2, 3 and 4 hr of incubation. Collagen production was elevated 2 days after BHT (400 mg/kg) and reached a maximum rate of 150 pmoles · (mg dry wt)−1· hr−1 at day 7. The rate then declined but was still significantly above control levels of 57 pmoles · (mg dry wt)−1 · hr−1 at day 14. Expressing these data as a percentage of total protein synthesis committed to collagen demonstrated a specific stimulation of collagen synthesis. A maximum level of 1.5% of total protein synthesis was committed to collagen 7 days after BHT. Control mice committed 0.6% to collagen synthesis. Both the maximum and control percentages of collagen synthesis were the same as those previously reported in vivo following BHT (400 mg/kg). Doses of BHT as low as 200 mg/kg produced a significant increase in both the in vitro rate and percentage of pulmonary collagen synthesis. Only at doses of BHT of 300 mg/kg or greater could the deposition of excess collagen be detected as an increase in total lung hydroxyproline. There was a linear dose-response relationship between BHT and the rate of collagen synthesis. Pulmonary DNA synthesis, another index of lung damage, exhibited a steep, non-linear dose-response relationship with BHT. These data show that increases in the rate and percentage of collagen production are readily detected at levels of lung damage which do not result in the deposition of a measurable excess of hydroxyproline and that in vitro rates of collagen synthesis are, therefore, a sensitive index of lung damage which may be used to extrapolate to "non-toxic" dosage levels. This study also shows that the percentage of protein synthesis devoted to collagen is the same in vivo and in vitro in both normal and BHT-damaged lung tissue.

http://dx.doi.org/10.1016/0006-2952(82)90420-8

But the lightheadedness caused by BHT, is definitely helped by gelatin. So BHT is somehow boosting collagen production which depletes hydroxyproline ?

#14 kurt9

• 256 posts

Posted 20 August 2010 - 06:24 PM

I remember some discussion by Alcor people back in the late 80's that BHT may be effective at preventing HIV infection for those in "high risk" groups. This is credible as BHT is well-known to prevent Herpes infection and the HIV retro-virus is not too dissimilar to the Herpes retro-virus. However, since there is no profitability in selling BHT, other than as a cheap supplement by LEF, no one has invested money into the research to confirm this finding.

Given that there are downsides to DHT supplementation, the risk trade off seems reasonable if you are someone who engages in risky social activities, but might not be for someone who is in a stable monogamous relationship.

Edited by kurt9, 20 August 2010 - 06:26 PM.

#15 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 04:04 AM

So BHT is the best antiviral supplement for preventing outbreaks of the Herpes virus? And how about using it in conjunction with acyclovir for treatment of acute infections?

#16 xEva

• 1,594 posts
  • NO

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:17 PM

I too am researching BHT for HCV (hep C virus), after seeing an old veteran claiming on several HCV boards that he had cured his HCV with BHT.

This thread seems dead though :sad:

And I thought that in post #13 by rwac collagen production was upped, due to the damage BHT induced on lung tissue at that scary dose (400 mg/kg). In other words, that collagen was scar tissue, no?

So, is anybody taking BHT or has anything good to say about it?

#17 manic_racetam

• 937 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:11 AM

I too am researching BHT for HCV (hep C virus), after seeing an old veteran claiming on several HCV boards that he had cured his HCV with BHT.

This thread seems dead though :sad:

And I thought that in post #13 by rwac collagen production was upped, due to the damage BHT induced on lung tissue at that scary dose (400 mg/kg). In other words, that collagen was scar tissue, no?

So, is anybody taking BHT or has anything good to say about it?

Been taking it about 6 months if I remember correctly. Unfortunately didn't notice much antiviral effect. I thought I was but after my last experience it looks as if it was mostly my imagination :(

Also, after looking into it a bit more I came across studies that were mostly in-vitro (not a good idea to assume efficacy in humans via in-vitro studies), and some topical experiments that were on rats that seemed to have little effect. Disappointing but it is eye opening to my own perceptual bias (self delusion) caused by wishful thinking. Anyway....

I ordered some DSMO before I decided against using BHT anymore. I was planning on mixing the BHT with the DMSO and applying it directly to the site of outbreak. I'm going to have to find some other experiments to use the DMSO on now :)

#18 xEva

• 1,594 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 October 2012 - 02:08 AM

Bump. Is there any other reports on BHT? Anyone's taking it? Was it just a hype?

#19 brunotto

• 226 posts

Posted 17 October 2012 - 08:56 AM

I use 160 mg/day of BHT... i do not have big herpes problems (maybe it come out once in 3 months) but since i started taking it I never suffered from herpes..
  • like x 1

#20 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 08 June 2014 - 10:02 PM

I am half way through my second bottle (100 pills/bottle) of 350mg of Vrp's BHT.
Also about 2 teaspoons of EVCO 12 hrs apart from BHT
(
No fever blisters or Flu's etc since starting.  (Winter here)

Problem is; is it the BHT or the EVCO or both??
I skipped the EVCO for around a week when I ran out:  No sign of any blisters etc.
I can say that I have had fever blisters while taking EVCO, albeit somewhat inconsistently due to being "up north" of South Africa.

I also ran out of Gelatine and K2.  I don't recommend it:  Lips and skin get dry and bags under the eyes come back. No dizziness.
http://www.longecity.org/forum/topic/51414-herpes-simplex-type-i-hsv1-oral-herpes-infects-the-brain-and/page-2 

I feel these are worth a try for any Lipid Coated Virus infection.
I have seen a bad case of the flu improve dramatically in about 1 hour of taking a tablespoon of EVCO on top of a cup of coffee, much to the surprise of the host! :)
I did also give BHT to a friend that seemed to be coming down with a flu. He didn't, but that may have been the case anyway.

There is plenty of research showing EVCO to be effective against of good number of bacteria too.  If I remember correctly they too use some sort of lipid type disguise??

DO NOT drink while on BHT!

Edited by Logic, 08 June 2014 - 10:04 PM.

#21 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:54 AM

Here is an excellent write-up on BHT giving all the research done on it so far:
http://augmentinforc...ALTH EFFECT.htm

#22 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:43 PM

DO NOT drink while on BHT!

Why not?

#23 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 August 2014 - 04:57 PM

Tre is research showing that BHT protects the brain from Alcohol.
There is also research showing BHT stops the liver from processing Alcohol.

I was under the impression that BHT was an alcohol buzz killer from taking pills containing BHT (also Lemon Balm and Garlic Extract) a month or two after running out of C0oo.
At that time I seemed to not get a buzz from drinking.
This was probably due to the lingering effects of C60oo or perhaps the other ingredients.
I recall C60oo only being better than BHT at something when mixed with BHT. (This was something Turnbuckle posted here somewhere) So perhaps there is a synergy between C60oo and BHT?

Recently I took BHT by itself (besides my standard stack) and went drinking/partying.
I don't remember what happened after a certain point, but on returning to try and find my wallet and cell phone the next day I was told that I made a complete ass of myself much to everyone's amusement.
The hangover was bad, but in hindsight; strangely lacking a headache.

So my experiences with drinking while on BHT is that you will get very-very drunk very fast to the point where you have no recollection of your... mis/actions.
I DONT recommend it!

Edited by Logic, 23 August 2014 - 05:00 PM.

• Informative x 1
  • Cheerful x 1

#24 ironfistx

• 1,172 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:50 PM

At the store I try to find cereals that don't have BHT as a preservartive and there aren't many.

#25 timar

• 768 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:02 PM

Most cereals are processed Frankenstein foods anyway, give or take the BHT.

Look for muesli instead, containing rolled grains, plain cornflakes, dried fruits, nuts and seeds - and no added anything.

#26 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 September 2014 - 08:13 PM

I recall C60oo only being better than BHT at something when mixed with BHT. (This was something Turnbuckle posted here somewhere) So perhaps there is a synergy between C60oo and BHT?

Found it:
http://www.google.co....74115972,d.d2s

#27 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 September 2014 - 10:09 AM

Someone brought me to this thread about BHT. I've been hearing about it for the past year or so. When you say the cheapest way to supplement is to use gelatin. Are you saying gelatin has BHT? I've been taking gelatin for about a year now. I take about under 10 grams a day. I would think an actual BHT supplementation would still be stronger?

Here's something interesting I found. BHT inhibits cytochrome P450 activation. CYP450 is the principal agent responsible for hydroxylation.

From wikipedia

The principal residue to be hydroxylated in proteins is proline. The hydroxylation occurs at the γ-C atom, forming hydroxyproline (Hyp), an essential element of collagen, in turn a necessary element of connective tissue. Proline hydroxylation is also a vital component of hypoxia response via hypoxia inducible factors. In some cases, proline may be hydroxylated instead on its β-C atom. Lysine may also be hydroxylated on its δ-C atom, forming hydroxylysine (Hyl).

So, BHT would inhibit production of hydroxyproline, and the obvious solution is to supplement it. And the cheapest way to supplement it is with gelatin.

Skin flakes = collagen deficiency ?
Lightheadedness = problems with hypoxia response ?

I have the exact same symptoms, and taking gelatin seems to help a lot.

The Big question is, what else does CYP450 do ?

Edit: CP450->CYP450

#28 Logic

• 2,659 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:43 AM

Someone brought me to this thread about BHT. I've been hearing about it for the past year or so. When you say the cheapest way to supplement is to use gelatin. Are you saying gelatin has BHT? I've been taking gelatin for about a year now. I take about under 10 grams a day. I would think an actual BHT supplementation would still be stronger?

Nope in short they are saying you should take gelatine while using BHT to avoid dizziness and dry, flaky skin.

It also a good idea to take more Vit K:
http://www.ncbi.nlm..../pubmed/8045471
Vit K3 is new to me though??

#29 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 20 September 2014 - 11:46 AM

I think vitamin K2 is the popular one and more studied. 

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#30 eon

• 1,369 posts
  • NO

Posted 22 September 2014 - 06:56 AM

I'm eager to try BHT so should I stop some supplements (vitamins/minerals) that I am currently taking as to notice the effects of BHT and perhaps to avoid any type of possible interaction? Let's say I am taking 10g of vitamin C daily, should I stop it while on BHT as it may exacerbate its effect?  

I'm looking at a bottle of BHT for sale and the directions isn't suggesting it to be taken as a supplement but more like a preservative. Maybe this is their leeway to get away with selling this? Even though it is sold in a typical supplement bottle, the directions suggests "Add one capsule to one quart of cooking oil to preserve freshness."

Is this their way of saying this is for preservative use only and it is fat soluble?

Edited by eon, 22 September 2014 - 06:59 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users