- - - - -

Selank trial

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 medievil

• Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 11:20 AM

I have the peptide and stuff right next to me will give it a try when i manage to get a nasal spray thing.

I'm currently still on memantine, nicotine and cafeine, i stopped all my other stuff for a few days (a brea of those was a good thing anyway) to give this stuff a try.

I decided to try this before i was gonna try cerebrolysine.

#2 medievil

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 06:42 PM

Selank day 1:

Notice a mild anxiolytic effect after taking my nasal dose, could as well be placebo, well see in a few days.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:01 PM

Selank day 1:

Notice a mild anxiolytic effect after taking my nasal dose, could as well be placebo, well see in a few days.

Haha u not gonna be taking anything else like dexedrine/gbl that might confuse/change your results??

I know a lot of the stuff you have in your possession that could interact negatively with your experiences. You might think I'm wrong though. It's just my opinion that stimulating your brain is going to be counter-productive if your trying to chill your brain the hell out!

I'd especially be interested in your experiences though as I have read about how you describe your anxiety as 'treatment resistant'.

Oh yeah I know I said this on SAS too but good luck.

You're a decent guy and I hope you eventually find something that works for you.

Edited by Thorsten, 23 August 2010 - 07:03 PM.

#4 medievil

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 07:08 PM

No, i'm just on memantine, nicotine and cafeine i stopped taking all the rest, i want to try lots of stuff, wheter its some novel russian thing, powerfull pharmaceutical, illegal recreational drug, simple nootropic, many things have therapeutic potential in low doses and i will explore it ;)

Breaks once and awhile are important with the other stuff i take, those breaks also give me the oppertunity to try new stuff :cool: .

#5 chrono

• Guest, Moderator
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 04:37 AM

You're a decent guy and I hope you eventually find something that works for you.

medievil strikes me as the kind of guy who is more interested in the journey than the destination ;)

Do keep us posted, though my impression is that selank is pretty subtle. I have most of the English-language research papers, and it's next on my list to do a write-up about the mechanisms. Maybe this weekend.

#6 medievil

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 10:42 AM

Well i readded pento as suddenly stopping it makes me out of breath which makes me scared i'm going to get a stroke, i'l slowly reduce the days over 3 days.

I can enjoy some journy's, but the destination is still the most important thing for me ;)

It appears that it works by inhibiting enkephalin-degrading enzymes wich in turn raises the body's endorphine's i noticed it counteracted my anhedonia yesterday wich looks promosing.
I'm expecting it to be mild and will probably try it as an augmenter in the future.

#7 medievil

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 12:37 PM

I just went for a jog, seems to improve my motivation a bit.

#8 aLurker

• 715 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 02:42 PM

Hi medievil, nice log!
Up until a few days ago I thought you were in the conservative/minimalistic camp when it came to nootropics/substances because of you urging caution with Deprenyl. After reading some about what you've tried I've re-evaluated my view on you. You've tried some cool stuff, like the 2CD, nothing I would ever dare to try out, but cool indeed. In your shoes it probably is very wise to avoid Deprenyl since it interacts with so much and lasts so long. Have you considered trying out BPAP though?

I'm glad you push the limit and try some esoteric substances. Personally I think you are fucking insane, but in the best of ways since it is very interesting to read your reports.

Any idea how Selank would stack with LDN (since both affect endorphins), synergy or disaster? Does Selank affect runners high for you? How does it improve motivation?

#9 medievil

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:11 PM

I'm both conservative and experimental ;) Substances like 2CD (probably) dont mess around with antioxidant systems and other things that are highly implicated in someone's health, as seen with deprenyl that stuff can go into the wrong direction when the dosing is screwed up (and we have some other factors like differences between species, age etc). I'm not gonna try BPAP as its related to deprenyl witch has a U dose response curve, there's no good data on it and its also more powerfull then deprenyl, if i dose incorrectly i could cause harm in the long run.

Right now i'm just trying to fix my anxiety 100%, wich i can do with amphetamine alone however its no practical solution as the doses needed for that cause too much euphoria (and make me listen to the same song over and over again behind my pc, rambling some nonsense to ppl and the next day think damn was acting high lol) with for example my AMT trial i got more anxiolytic effects with less euphoria and it was more therapeutic, but i'm still not where i want to be, will do some experimenting.

I try stuff on their own first (except memantine wich i keep on taking, if something doesnt work with memantine its out!).

Edited by medievil, 24 August 2010 - 03:15 PM.

#10 medievil

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 24 August 2010 - 03:14 PM

Any idea how Selank would stack with LDN (since both affect endorphins), synergy or disaster? Does Selank affect runners high for you? How does it improve motivation?

Good question, i tought about the combo myself, will first see how the selank works. I would gues they would produce a synergy.

Runners high seemed to be the same as usual, just took my second dose and it makes me more talkative and reduces anhedonia, after my first dose this morning i didnt notice much.

#11 medievil

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 26 August 2010 - 03:50 PM

I stopped taking pento and nicotine yesterday, only on memantine right now with some added cafeine sometimes.

Response to selank is still about the same, i'm hoping it will get better as the duration seems to be pretty shot, the anxiolytic effect seems to last all day tough (wich is pretty mild and could be placebo, too soon to tell) the anti anhedonic effect wears off after a few hours.

#12 medievil

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 27 August 2010 - 01:57 AM

I'm thinking its the combination of selank and cafeine that caused the effect on my anhedonia, i started drinking some pepsi and the anti anhedonia effect came back comepletely, so its probably just the cafeine that stops working and not the selank working too short why it appeared to wear off soon.

I'm on 20mg of memantine wich reversed tolerance to the stimulating effect of cafeine, but it by itself was never so anti anhedonic.
I'm impressed.

#13 medievil

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 08:05 PM

After a week i think my response has been stabilized, still about the same. I decided to try some AMT with it today as i'm planning to use AMT for my social anxiety and OCD (had some good results with it in the past). Which is interesting is that selank inhibits the euphoria (leaving me at baseline mood) while keeping the anxiolytic and anti ADHD effects. Later on the evening i tried a low dose of 2CD and again selank inhibits most of the euphoria while the anxiolytic effects remain.

This is very interesting for me as ive said on mind and muscle:

The doses needed to fully relief my social anxiety and avoidance are in a range wich makes me way to euphoric and is counterproductive (will listen to music all day and not move away from my computer) ive found the combination of AMT and AMP much more therapeutic, much more anxiolytic and while it boosts my mood greatly its not in the "counterproductive euphoria range" as i would call it, such high should be reserved for the weekends or any other special occasions.

The combo of amphetamine and AMT still doesnt fix my social anxiety enough at doses that stay under the "counterproductive euphoria range", but im guessing that thx to selank i may be able to move up the amphetamine dose somewhat, at the range where it fully fixes my social anxiety and avoidance while staying under the counterproductive euphoria treshold.

AMT is pretty experimental, while it has been in clinical use for 20 years its still a research chemical, so i'm not suggesting to use it, in my case it seems to be pretty efficient at fixing my personal problems. I'm also capable of taking regular breaks from it (wich is a must for sustainable effects imo) as it works right away.

#14 Animal

• 689 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:00 PM

High amphetamine doses for social anxiety is unsustainable, find something more appropriate. I expect it probably is the euphoria itself and the intoxication of such that makes you think you're no longer anxious socially, when in fact it would make you appear like a blithering idiot to any sober person.

It's rather obvious when someone has taken enough amphetamine to cause euphoria, and it doesn't endear you to that person at all. People would tire of your hyper sociality pretty quickly.

Ha, it's actually funny that you abuse amphetamine and research chemicals in this way, substances known to be neurotoxic. Then you behave as if Depreny is dangerous in the doses taken by many on this forum, while citing research which contradicts that. :dry:
  • dislike x 1
  • like x 1

#15 medievil

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:08 PM

High amphetamine doses for social anxiety is unsustainable, find something more appropriate. I expect it probably is the euphoria itself and the intoxication of such that makes you think you're no longer anxious socially, when in fact it would make you appear like a blithering idiot to any sober person.

It may look like that however the day after a recreational dose of amphetamine i'm still free of social anxiety while my mood is baseline or actually depressed, same with MDMA, offcourse when your high the anxiety is gone, but my sa stays gone the day after, while my mood is baseline or depressed, and while i act completely normal. (which indicates that the reduction in social anxiety isnt connected to the euphoria, the selank inhibiting the euphoria of AMT while leaving the anxiolytic effect there further confirms this).

It's rather obvious when someone has taken enough amphetamine to cause euphoria, and it doesn't endear you to that person at all. People would tire of your hyper sociality pretty quickly.

100% agreed and thats what i mean with my "counterproductive euphoria range", too much euphoria, rambling nonsense etc (wich are all part of the amp high) arent the thing i'm looking for.

Those research chemicals wich i'm "abusing" (dont get me wrong, i abuse drugs sometimes, but a regime to fix my social anxiety is of most importance at this moment) are part of the puzzle, to completely remove my social anxiety, with minimal euphoria, amphetamine on its own can do this in high doses (not as high as you think, but they cause too much euphoria to be praktical) as you have said ppl will get tired of my hyper social personality quickly, besides that such euphoria isnt sustainable on a daily basis, and i will doing tons of stuff i am gonna regret.

Ha, it's actually funny that you abuse amphetamine and research chemicals in this way, substances known to be neurotoxic. Then you behave as if Depreny is dangerous in the doses taken by many on this forum, while citing research which contradicts that.

Funny isnt it? :laugh:

Edited by medievil, 29 August 2010 - 09:36 PM.

#16 medievil

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 29 August 2010 - 09:44 PM

Currently i'm not adding amphetamine in yet, at this point i will be trialling only selank and AMT for a few days, see how this further develops, on this combo i'm at baseline mood (true story animal :laugh: ) while i have the anxiolytic effects of AMT and selank, my ADD is also significantly improved. I will also be titrating upwards 30mg of memantine next week sice i finally got a script for it. (needed to buy from friends the whole time as ADC doesnt ship to belguim). (btw my "high" amphetamine doses are gonna be 10mg or something, i'm not looking to throw in 50mg or anything like that, but thats for later anyway, lets see how this combo develops).

For those that would have liked to see my response to selank on its own a bit longer, (i often take breaks from drugs like AMT by the way as daily use isnt sustainable), ive felt that the effect of selank has stabilized and wont get any better, wich is why i decided to add in AMT, also i have to start working again next week so reducing my social anxiety is of most importance at this time.

Edited by medievil, 29 August 2010 - 10:13 PM.

#17 medievil

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 12:35 PM

Update:

Currently i'm taking:

40mg memantine
7,5mg AMT
3x 6 sprays selank
500mg micronized resveratrol
250mg MCT curcumin
Vitamine D3
Multivitamin

And sometimes 2CD and etizolam. (2CD in low doses pretty much as failed attempts to get euphoria, the selank inhibits the euphoria as with AMT, there is still the anxiolytic effect tough)

Selank seems to act as a modulator, it completely abolishes AMT euphoria (yes i'm pissed but keep reading) benzo induced cognitive impairment, memantine induced impairment by quickly raising the dose, altough my memory is bad as i forget alot of stuff, i dont feel the brainfog and actually feel pretty sharp.

Since selank abolishes AMT euphoria it feels like its not as anxiolytic as before, however on this combo i actually have a much better anxiolytic response, my social anxiety is down ALOT, communicating was alot more enjoyable, and you can see a pretty drastic difference in my behavor around other people, altough i still have the "i want to get out" feeling so my anxiety needs an extra push.

Its just an illusion that i tought amt wasnt working as good, i just dont feel the euphoria, i also dont feel the "forced talking, typing text" thing normally seen with stimulants, its pretty strange.

My mood is weird too, i was actually confused for a while wheter i was feeling down or happy, i feel "ok" not mildly hypomanic or mildly down like i usually would, this feeling is pretty new to me.

With the response i have now id say 10mg amp would be overkill, but i'm guessing 2,5mg may do the trick and fully resolve my avoidant behavor.

With selank i'm getting closer to the point where i want to be, even tough it abolishes euphoria of AMT and stuff, i'm pleased with the results it gives me.

Edited by medievil, 03 September 2010 - 12:45 PM.

#18 Introspecta

• 622 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 01:49 PM

I Ingested 1 capsule of AMT, unknown amount. I was told it was 50 mg(it was definetly more). I've never tripped so hard and for so long in my life. I was frozen in coma state head trip for 20 plus hours grinding my teeth and biting my lips. Not fun. I was 19 at the time and not very smart taking unmeasured amounts of AMT. I tried it in a lower dose and had some minor visuals,no euphoria, but if anything it gave me more anxiety. I don't understand using this for anxiety. I suppose different people different reactions.

#19 medievil

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 03 September 2010 - 01:59 PM

I Ingested 1 capsule of AMT, unknown amount. I was told it was 50 mg(it was definetly more). I've never tripped so hard and for so long in my life. I was frozen in coma state head trip for 20 plus hours grinding my teeth and biting my lips. Not fun. I was 19 at the time and not very smart taking unmeasured amounts of AMT. I tried it in a lower dose and had some minor visuals,no euphoria, but if anything it gave me more anxiety. I don't understand using this for anxiety. I suppose different people different reactions.

Ive never used recreational doses of this as i'm pretty much scared of psychedelics (had one horrible LSD trip) no intrest in trying psychedelics again too either actually.

The only things that help my SA are amphetamine and AMT (or other RC that release dopamine), i found AMT more anxiolytic then amp (compared in low therapeutic doses) probably because its also a serotonine releaser wich further augments its anxiolytic effects.

10mg makes me feel weird and is counterproductive and i dont get the good results, perhaps your low dose was too high too, anyway i suggest not to try this for anxiety as its still pretty much a research chemical (even tough its been in clinical use for a long time, wich is the reason i'm more comfortable in using it).

#20 medievil

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:13 PM

Okay today i tried adding in 5mg dexamphetamine but its way to much, i'm basicly high and tweaking right now, wich is really a bad thing on a daily basis and distracts me from doing important stuff.

(Also recently took a 4 day break from AMT, wich i'm gonna do on a regular basis).

I'm backing off to 2,5mg dexedrine tomorrow, i beleive that would be more then enough to give me that extra social kick without making me high. I might even reduce to 1mg amp how silly that may sound, but the amt and memantine potentiate amp a ton.

As far as the original combo i was taking it was still working fine, my behavor around other people changed drastically, just had that "i want to get out feeling" around others and didnt really say much, a little extra kick was all i needed, but the kick is get now i way over it lol.

Edited by medievil, 20 September 2010 - 01:13 PM.

#21 medievil

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 05:28 PM

I gotta cut out on cafeine on this combo, it caused really uncomfortable jitters, ive just done my workout and feeling better, my amp should have weared off and redosed 2,5mg lets see how this works.

I admit i have a addictive personality but this tweaky feeling really isnt good on a daily basis, it makes me stay inside and listen music except getting motivated and do everything i need to do to get my life in order.

The selank also works wonders by potentiating the therapeutic effect and minimalising the tweaky effect.

#22 Animal

• 689 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:34 PM

Okay today i tried adding in 5mg dexamphetamine but its way to much, i'm basicly high and tweaking right now, wich is really a bad thing on a daily basis and distracts me from doing important stuff.

(Also recently took a 4 day break from AMT, wich i'm gonna do on a regular basis).

I'm backing off to 2,5mg dexedrine tomorrow, i beleive that would be more then enough to give me that extra social kick without making me high. I might even reduce to 1mg amp how silly that may sound, but the amt and memantine potentiate amp a ton.

As far as the original combo i was taking it was still working fine, my behavor around other people changed drastically, just had that "i want to get out feeling" around others and didnt really say much, a little extra kick was all i needed, but the kick is get now i way over it lol.

Sure, you're tweaking by accident. :-D

#23 medievil

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 20 September 2010 - 08:45 PM

Sure, you're tweaking by accident. :-D

Yes, it was fun, i have an addictive personality, but i really want to get my life in order, wich is more important for me atm :ph34r: .

#24 Valor5

• 289 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:05 PM

Do you have irritability of the sexual organs which causes you to fondle them for relief? If yes you are predisposed to this but fondling them is not the answer rather the problem causing more irritation and other problems.
  • Cheerful x 1

#25 medievil

• Topic Starter
  • Guest Guest
  • 3,758 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 07:29 PM

Do you have irritability of the sexual organs which causes you to fondle them for relief? If yes you are predisposed to this but fondling them is not the answer rather the problem causing more irritation and other problems.

What?

#26 nickthird

• 249 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 06:44 AM

Hahahahaha

#27 kevinseven11

• 385 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 05:26 AM

lollol end of thread like this?!?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#28 Babychris

• 466 posts

Posted 21 September 2013 - 10:18 PM

apparently lol

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users