• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
- - - - -

Anthony, is this telomerase activator real or fake?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 theflatworld

• 88 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 02:28 AM

http://www.curebum.c...omerase-enzyme/

Edited by theflatworld, 22 September 2010 - 02:29 AM.

#2 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 02:47 AM

I'm not Anthony, but this is a fraud. They are claiming that it contains telomerase itself, and that it's orally active. That's ridiculous. If it actually contained telomerase, your body would digest it as food.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 maxwatt

• Guest, Moderator LeadNavigator
  • 4,949 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 02:50 AM

Thank you for sharing. ;) :laugh: Got to love it:

Using today's most current technology including a 2-stage process to extract critical anti-aging telomerase enzymes and peptides from the cellular infrastructure of select glandular tissue.

I hope it is free of prions. Glandulars have been a staple of would-be nostrums for over 80 years. I guess it stands the test of time.

Reneuve Phase-5 formula. (Contains: N-Acetylcysteine, Astragalus, Vitamin D3, Telomerase Enzyme, Grenadine). This formula is to be used on a daily basis.

There is also a one-shot reset treatment, ingredients unstated. See preceeding post for a professional opinion.

Edited by maxwatt, 22 September 2010 - 02:52 AM.
Niner, you beat me to it.

#4 Anthony_Loera

• Life Member
  • 3,168 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 02:58 AM

Sorry Flatworld,

I have seen it before and the description alone is full of red flags.
Niner is completely right about it of course.

A

#5 rwac

• 4,764 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 03:55 AM

I'm not Anthony, but this is a fraud. They are claiming that it contains telomerase itself, and that it's orally active. That's ridiculous. If it actually contained telomerase, your body would digest it as food.

Actually, it's not that bad. I've noticed that just an enteric coating can sneak SOD/Catalase/GPx in.
Maybe it's not quite as tight as we think, or maybe I just have a leaky gut.

...Saying nothing about this particular product, it is a scam.

Edited by rwac, 22 September 2010 - 03:56 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for SUPPLEMENTS (in thread) to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#6 niner

• 16,276 posts

Posted 22 September 2010 - 04:08 AM

Actually, it's not that bad. I've noticed that just an enteric coating can sneak SOD/Catalase/GPx in.
Maybe it's not quite as tight as we think, or maybe I just have a leaky gut.

...Saying nothing about this particular product, it is a scam.

Some proteins can get in. I suspect being (by protein standards) small-ish, highly stable, and resistant to proteases, denaturation, and acid hydrolysis would be helpful. Telomerase, on the other hand, is a handful:

It consists of two molecules each of human telomerase reverse transcriptase (TERT), telomerase RNA (TR or TERC), and dyskerin (DKC1).[4] The genes of telomerase subunits, which are TERT,[5] TERC,[6] DKC1,[7] and TEP1[8] etc, are located on the different chromosomes in human genome. Human TERT gene (hTERT) is translated into a protein of 1132 amino acids.[9] TERT proteins from many eukaryotes have been sequenced.[10] TERT polypeptide folds with TERC, a non-coding RNA (451 nucleotides long in human). TERT has a 'mitten' structure that allows it to wrap around the chromosome to add single-stranded telomere repeats.

This makes me think it's going to have a tough time. This product has shown up here in the past; I think we were all in agreement the last time, too.
  • Good Point x 1

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users