Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo

Modafinil Sources

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#31 rnewmod

• 4 posts

Posted 01 March 2011 - 10:15 AM

costs: talk about a large middleman markup.

the modalert from india, which is sold through both european and indian online pharmacies, costs about 12$ / 10 pills - 200mg

now the same stuff in an indian pharmacy costs only 3$ / 10 pills - 200mg

That's quite a large markup.

if you are a college student: see if there are any international indian students around, if you get along with one of them very well, ie u r good friends etc. ask him to have one of his relatives send a package of modalert to you. (pay for it of course).

now many indians seem to be anti medicine, more supernatural etc. But one guy i knew decently, was not anti medicine, and he had his family send me(him actually) a box of modalert 200mg, contained 100 total pills. cost me 30$ + 15$ shipping. much better than 120$ from an online pharmacy.

now the above is not actually a retailer, but i think the original poster said he was in college. so this might work for u.

Edited by rnewmod, 01 March 2011 - 10:26 AM.

#32 gwern

• 77 posts

Posted 24 March 2011 - 04:02 AM

if you are a college student: see if there are any international indian students around, if you get along with one of them very well, ie u r good friends etc. ask him to have one of his relatives send a package of modalert to you. (pay for it of course).

Those are fantastic prices, and make me wonder why we don't hear of most middle-class Indians taking modafinil. :) Of course, not really a general solution...

I've looked at Ben's chart closer now that I've had a spare moment. Looks like the only one new to me is the OneMedStore. Registered in the US, prices don't seem impossible, and no bad reports that some quick googling turns up. (On the other hand, the domain was only created last December, so maybe karma hasn't caught up yet.) So I've added it into my chart.

I'm not sure I agree with the recommendations. You can find good feedback for that site, yes, but also a lot of feedback that reads as astroturfing.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#33 Cephalon

• 497 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 02:33 PM

Hi folks,

Did someone order the Sun Modalert with EDandMore lately?

I heard mixed opinions of the Sun Modalert in general. (side effects/ skin)

I bought Spier Modafinil from EDandMore couple of times in the past and was happy with this,

EDandMore sells the Sun brand as superior to Spier.

@ Ben & Gwern good work! Did you order Sun Modalert from EDandMore? You seem to have mixed opinions.

#34 gwern

• 77 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:27 AM

@ Ben & Gwern good work! Did you order Sun Modalert from EDandMore? You seem to have mixed opinions.

I haven't ordered from EDandMore since they were named BMPharmacy; then, I had ordered the Spierx modafinil and not the Sun Modalert. Can't be of much help, I'm afraid.

#35 Cephalon

• 497 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 04:26 PM

Hi Gwern,

Thank you for your reply! Of course, every input helps me to get a better picture of EDandmore.
I ordered from both BMpharmacy and EDandmore and was always happy with their products.

Did the Spier brand work for you?

But since hearing bad feedback recently I'm just a bit worried if the next delivery will be legit.
I also ordered the Spier brand with EDandmore and it was definately not caffeine.
Probably not Modafinil, I can not tell because I have no reverance, but I could not think of any substance.
You can not tell by the taste, because some might have noticed, that most indian generics have the same taste.
They taste lightly chemical with a bit powdery surface. No matter what I took I always had a dejavu.
(I think it's because the tabs do not come with a coating, the powder might be titanium dioxide or magnesium or s.th.)

I can not imagine that EDandmore would sell a fake product, since all products previously ordered worked well.
(Modafinil, Donepezil, Tramadol)

#36 jamesstandifer

• 9 posts
  • NO

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:20 PM

I would recommend Desiredmeds (Modalert 200 price starts from 1.3$) Have ordered only 10 Modalert tabs but haven't tried them yet I have read many reviews and it seems the Indian stuff is legit. All blisters are marked by Sun Pharmaceuticals logo

#37 Michael Baldwin

• 2 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 02:58 PM

Any updates from desiremeds or EDandmore ???

#38 suspire

• 583 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 02:54 AM

Hey guys--has anyone tried these guys: sunmodalert.com?

Their prices--since regular airmail appears to be free--seem fairly reasonable, but I am unsure of the legitimacy of the company or the product they are selling. I'm curious to hear if anyone has tried them or knows anything about them.

Edited by suspire, 13 August 2012 - 02:55 AM.

#39 suspire

• 583 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 07:24 PM

Hey guys--has anyone tried these guys: sunmodalert.com?

Their prices--since regular airmail appears to be free--seem fairly reasonable, but I am unsure of the legitimacy of the company or the product they are selling. I'm curious to hear if anyone has tried them or knows anything about them.

So a new datapoint. When I ordered from them, I got this notice via email: "PLEASE NOTE: Your order could be processed through various billing centers so the name of our company may be different.
Your charge will appear as WORLDPHARMABIZ on your card statement."

I'll keep people posted with my experiences, though I'd still like to hear from people if they've ordered from this company before and if it is legit.

#40 suspire

• 583 posts

Posted 30 August 2012 - 05:26 PM

2 1/2 weeks later, I got the modalert. Comparing to Google Images of legitimate modalert, it appears to be the real deal. I guess we'll see how it works--it's my first experiment with modalert.

#41 czGLoRy

• 74 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 01:17 PM

anyone know a recent reliable source of modafinil ? I ordered from united pharmacies UK before, but apparently the shut down or changed their website and I am uncomfortable ordering again.

Thanks

#42 Templanoid

• 88 posts

Posted 28 September 2012 - 11:06 AM

anyone know a recent reliable source of modafinil ? I ordered from united pharmacies UK before, but apparently the shut down or changed their website and I am uncomfortable ordering again.

Thanks

Yes, I'd like to know this too. Would appreciate it, thanks!

#43 megatron

• 608 posts
  • NO

Posted 15 November 2012 - 11:39 AM

So modalert is superior to Spier?

#44 FrankieG

• 9 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 07:34 PM

Indeed. I do not believe Spierx to be reliable, I have even read a report about someone contracting a skin disease from Spierx modafinil. He believes the Spierx pills he received were contaminated by mold spores which made him extremely ill.

Sun Pharmaceuticals (Modalert) on the other hand is a respected pharma co. based in India.

Stay safe

Edited by FrankieG, 12 December 2012 - 08:02 PM.

#45 FrankieG

• 9 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 04:39 AM

Indeed. I do not believe Spierx to be reliable, I have even read a report about someone contracting a skin disease from Spierx modafinil. He believes the Spierx pills he received were contaminated by mold spores which made him extremely ill.

Sun Pharmaceuticals (Modalert) on the other hand is a respected pharma co. based in India.

Stay safe

Here is the report I was referring to. It seems pretty clear to stick to Sun Pharmaceuticals when buying modafinil from an online pharmacy.

#46 lifebuddy

• 156 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 06:33 AM

A friend of a friend just ordered from mymodafinil.net. Will report back later....

#47 madamshome

• 34 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:28 AM

I ordered Armodafinil from mymodafanil.com which the very next week became mymodafinil.net. I received modalert, (modafinil) instead with no explanation & have not received any response to my emails querying the order.

I would prefer to try the armodafinil as it may be a cleaner compound & the modalert I received from mymodafinil is closer to caffeine in its effects & has had a major energy crash for me when it wears off.

#48 FrankieG

• 9 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:42 PM

the modalert I received from mymodafinil is closer to caffeine in its effects & has had a major energy crash for me when it wears off.

EdandMore sells Sun Brand, which is quality. I would go with that. But they also sell their own generic "Spierx" which is crap. Posted Image

#49 lifebuddy

• 156 posts

Posted 19 December 2012 - 07:45 PM

hmmm...I hope I don't have the same experience. My order hasn't shipped yet...

#50 madamshome

• 34 posts

Posted 20 December 2012 - 01:58 AM

the modalert I received from mymodafinil is closer to caffeine in its effects & has had a major energy crash for me when it wears off.

EdandMore sells Sun Brand, which is quality. I would go with that. But they also sell their own generic "Spierx" which is crap. Posted Image

It does seem to be the Sun Pharma packaging but I have read that even they can be inconsistent with batch quality. This is also why I wanted to try the Wakalert modified modafanil for comparison but need to find a reliable source as no longer trust mymodafinil after delivering wrong product & failing to respond.

#51 shavenraver

• 11 posts

Posted 10 January 2013 - 01:54 AM

It does seem to be the Sun Pharma packaging but I have read that even they can be inconsistent with batch quality. This is also why I wanted to try the Wakalert modified modafanil for comparison but need to find a reliable source as no longer trust mymodafinil after delivering wrong product & failing to respond.

I'm new to these forums and to nootropics and other such drugs, but after reading all about modafinil in many, may blogs and news articles, I'm kinda surprised at how difficult it seems to get it. It seems to be far more expensive than I was lead to believe too.

I'm in the UK btw, so if there's any advice on where I might get modafinil (particularly in small quantities as I'd like to try it just a few times really) it would be much appreciated.

#52 madamshome

• 34 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:17 AM

I received my replacement Wakalert tabs, today, the correct product having been provided at no extra cost. I am prepared to believe that I may have been caught between the site changeover from mymodafinil.com to the .net site & given that I have now received good service, my trust has been restored & will be buying from this supplier again.

Shaven, pretty sure they ship to UK.

As to Wakalert, have tried 1/2 tab & it's a little strong so will see how 1/4 does next time, (also want to minimise tolerance effects). Definitely some dopamine action going on as feel motivated to achieve a few things that have been in the too hard basket.

#53 chung_pao

• 352 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 01:36 AM

I ordered Armodafinil from mymodafanil.com which the very next week became mymodafinil.net. I received modalert, (modafinil) instead with no explanation & have not received any response to my emails querying the order.

I would prefer to try the armodafinil as it may be a cleaner compound & the modalert I received from mymodafinil is closer to caffeine in its effects & has had a major energy crash for me when it wears off.

Same for me. Apart from the unique action of modafinil, Modalert also has the benefits and unfortunately the side-effects of ordinary stimulants..

#54 Ginkgoblowme

• 8 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 02:58 AM

So, did your order ever arrive?

So, did your order ever arrive?

I meant, did your friend's order arrive?

#55 brainslugged

• 305 posts
  • NO

Posted 17 March 2013 - 08:35 AM

If you are willing to use tor and its most known site, you can sometimes find listings for pretty cheap if you don't mind taking a bit of a gamble and buying from new sellers. It should be fine as long as it is still in the blister pack (and they normally say it is)

This site has better prices than the average black market prices (at $95 for 100x 200mg), though, and it is clearnet to boot! Better prices than I have seen anywhere else on the general internet, the only problem may be getting your money into bitcoin form. Found it on reddit, and I assume it is legit. I think a few people were posting that it was, but I can't really remember.

#56 pseudonamed

• 32 posts

Posted 17 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

Stay safe

Modafinil itself does cause skin diseases in some people, even as serious as SJS.

#57 gwern

• 77 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 12:28 AM

I've updated my price-table for November 2013: http://www.gwern.net...il#grey-markets
  • like x 2

#58 Sasha_

• 77 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:00 PM

Did anyone (from Europa) order recently through smart nutrition ? Is it any good ?

#59 Brainy

• 37 posts

Posted 25 February 2014 - 05:45 AM

This is where i order my modafinil online now: http://www.modafinilhq.com. Best price and very good information!

sponsored ad

• Advert
Adverts help to support LongeCity's non-profit work. To go ad-free join as Member.

#60 Brainy

• 37 posts

Posted 21 April 2014 - 11:38 AM

This is where i order my modafinil online now: http://www.modafinilhq.com. Best price and very good information!

:|? Oups, I have to edit this because this is the correct link :-D http://www.modafinilreview.com/

Edited by Brainy, 21 April 2014 - 11:39 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users