• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

What about p2p funding of the problem of mortality?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Brandon Danaher

• 5 posts

Posted 17 October 2010 - 10:55 PM

What if you could start a site where each invidual item or project needing funding was outlined and the cost was present. You could have multiple people funding each idea with priority indicators so that hopefully the most important projects could be funded first. It could be a site that is independent of any existing organization existing to raise awareness of what is needed and breaking it down to smaller projects so that people would fund projects faster. What do you think?

#2 kenny001

• 63 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 12:57 PM

mortality should be rewarded as it is very important for us. we support your idea for funding it. great idea, thank you. and how can we achieve it?

#3 Ghostrider

• 1,996 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 08:28 PM

That's a good idea as it provides a more tangible sense of progress. Each project is specific and the end result is knowledge. I wish SENS would break down their projects into such sub projects that individuals could support.

#4 kenny001

• 63 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:42 PM

as i have said that it is a good idea, so i suggest all the people here to get more people to know this post and get more supports for it. thank you very much at first.

#5 John Schloendorn

• Guest, Advisor, Guardian
  • 2,542 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 08:41 PM

OK. To get started, how about you propose a project? Then I'll consider supporting it.

#6 columbus

• 1 posts

Posted 03 April 2011 - 04:30 PM

You can post project on Kickstarter.com . Maybe somebody will support it.

#7 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 08:52 PM

You can post project on Kickstarter.com . Maybe somebody will support it.

Can you give us a summary, in your own words, of how kickstarter works and a bit further in specific ways that it applies to us?

Brandon, I see this happening through a place that centralizes science discussion. Currently, there is discussion on building such a section underway in the leadership forum. We can take suggestions on it to the discussion. Now one of the things I am intent on making such a section do is to list all current complete strategies, that can go all the way to creating indefinite life extension. Then within those, categories where we can list coordinated research, and independent work that is working on any of the branches of a complete strategy.

With such a list then we could consider creating priority indicators like that for funding. Would we want to give people all of those options, or would we want to take in the money for research and have a panel give out grants based on those priorities?

Edit: Science section discussion you should be able to access here too: http://www.longecity...tion-revisited/

Edited by brokenportal, 11 April 2011 - 09:06 PM.

#8 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,212 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:22 AM

If someone is giving money for something he or she MUST know what is he/she paying for.
It is better to be listed researches needed funding with the cost and the eventual result from the reaearch and funding details, like bank account numbers OF THE RESEARCHERS OR THE RESEARCH CORPORATIONS, paypal donation buttons OF THE SAME etc.
If You take in the money for research and give out grants based on some priorities, then people will not know what they are supporting with their money. Plus there are possibilities of stealing money from the people, who gather them.

#9 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 18,997 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:54 PM

This probably seems little risky to most, but might be worth testing out on a small scale in order to see who is capable and trustworthy, oDesk. Just thinking out loud here about another resource that would possibly work in a synergistic manner with a P2P effort.

Otherwise, what would be really cool is if P2P financing could work around transaction fees, which suck a few percentage out of every funding effort.

#10 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,212 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 07:12 AM

Creating a list of researches, needed fundings for their projects and the payment details for the fundings is easy
and needs only an intusiast.

The researches and the bank accounts for the research projects can be listet in a HTML file and placed in one of
the free servers, such as: webs.com or cjb.net or another one from the many many more free servers

Then a simple topic named something like "funding longevity and immortality researches" containing the link to this
web page will be enough to be done the project proposed from Brandon Danaher,

#11 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,212 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 07:14 AM

P.S. I don't mind creating such a web site or giving help for the creation of such a web site.

#12 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:08 AM

I reposted this in the science initiative: http://www.longecity...620#entry486620

Something with this might develop there, so for those who may be interested, keep your eye on that. Its good to keep your eye on the science initiative in general too. Its one of our most promising new developments here at Longecity. Another element to that is that its smashing success or lack thereof is going to come at the hands of all of you Longecity supporters. This is a great opportunity, if you are interested, dont let the chance to help it be a success slip away.

#13 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,212 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 02:33 PM

I made a sample page for collecting projects, that need to be funded.

http://antiageprojects.webs.com/

Feel free to submit projects.
Submiting and listing of the projects is for free.

#14 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:27 PM

I made a sample page for collecting projects, that need to be funded.

http://antiageprojects.webs.com/

Feel free to submit projects.
Submiting and listing of the projects is for free.

If we do that it should probably be through a page for it here. First though it could use a listing of all viable strategies that could bring about indefinite life extension.

I knew there was a topic about it and I looked it up and I see that it is you that started that topic too so I see you are already thinking in this way. http://www.longecity...s-of-the-aging/

First lets focus on getting a list like that together. The list will be valuable in itself, and if we can work it out then it will also form a good step for this project here. The page can have a way to submit projects needing funding and they can be listed someway in conjunction with that. With a page up and running then we can work on disseminating the link to places where people are looking for grants.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users