- - - - -

The business idea(please do read :-) )

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 fiki196

• 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 02:59 AM

Ok first off,simple facts:
1.Most things in the world can not be done without money(of course you can be brilliant and then money just doesn't count,but the chances being brilliant enough to cope all of the problems without the proper funding is pretty slim).
2.Money is rarely made by science,it is made by other sectors,like IT,economy, etc..The problem here is that this money is not so easily brought to science for many,many reasons
3.Money speeds up work,the more money you invest in something the faster it will come back.

I hope that we all agree on this.Now convincing rich people to give their money in some fundamental research is hard, because they live well at the moment that it is very hard for them to come to such a decision and sadly,some people are so bond with their money,that they just do not wish to give it away.So what my idea is,start up a business,not something like donate to save a life,people are hardly impressed by such things,I suggest a business is made that really does work.I am unsure of the idea(website like facebook, google, youtube earning,sales,any type of business comes in question).Now the idea is to create a business that would create money like any other company but for instance,30,40,50 % of it's profit goes to this research.That way people that work on it would not work for air and this institute would gain a lot.Imagine facebook giving 50% of it's profit to this,surely I am not saying that such a potential this business can achieve,but anything would be good.Also we could include that the products we make(or whatever the business is) go to charity and health research. Now I know most of you will say that's what taxes are for,the problem is that,taxes are directed by politics, and I think politics just don't cut it, politicians are not the type of people who usually do t'he best for it's country,they just keep it calm, the real breakthroughs are done by scientists,humanitarians,the people who work.Not saying that politics is irrelevant.
So to sum it up all quickly:
I am interested in setting up a business(website,sales,any kind),that would regulate as any other,but only give 50%(or part of its profit to charity,mainly this institute and others that promote health.Pleas I would like to see many opinions,also yes or no for why this should be done or not.Logical explanations only.Thank you for your time :-)!
(I have some ideas,but more brains,more ideas!)
  • like x 1

#2 Athanasios

• 2,616 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 03:30 AM

LEF is doing this, as well as others. Google did this, although not focused on life extension. The only part that is in question is the business. Take a shot at it. Also, be flexible on the percentage, because sometimes, a lower percentage can sometimes lead to a higher overall amount, if the rest was re-invested.

Learn from other small business owners, their successes and failures.
  • like x 1

#3 fiki196

• Topic Starter
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 03:32 AM

Yes I do know that people do this :-),I just propose that we,or if someone is interested in doing this now,starting up now.I am generally thinking about internet braininesses.I have some ideas,but I am pretty sure doing it alone will not work.People do it,but more people should do it.

#4 Florin

• 850 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 12:14 AM

Imminst already has a store linked to Amazon for books, CafePress for merchandise, and eBay for auctions. The store might be improved by adding a link to it from every page of the website and forum and adding more categories to the Amazon store (e.g., for supplements).

• like x 2

#5 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 12 December 2010 - 03:53 AM

Right, thats what I was thinking too, that this is what LEF does. You could encourage people to work for them. We could even see about facilitating such a project through Imminst.

I guess the stores could be treated as a business too. If we could get some people to work on them they could plot out a business plan for turning a healthy profit. So your saying you might consider giving something like that a shot fiki? There are a lot of things we could add on to the store.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users