Magnesium L-threonate

• Please log in to reply
132 replies to this topic

#121 anon2042

• 84 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:47 AM

I was taking one of these twice daily (morning and night):

http://www.swansonvi...ate-90-veg-caps

That vitamin is the strangest one I've seen for dosage labels so I leave it to the reader to figure it out :/

#122 trance

• 335 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 04:58 AM

The label is simply saying take 2 capsules in the morning, and take 1 capsule in the evening.

Then it shows you how much of the ingredients you get from the 2 in the "Morning" dose, and the amount of the 1 in the "Evening" dose.

If you're just taking 1 in the morning, and 1 in the evening, then just go by the "Evening" columns for your intake amounts.

Edited by trance, 05 November 2012 - 05:02 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#123 anon2042

• 84 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:16 AM

Ok, I guess I see that now, the additional "Magnesium" column threw me off. 670 mg in one capsule I guess? That sounds like a lot for that capsule size. Hrm.

#124 protoject

• 952 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 12:05 AM

Why don't you try dosing pure threonine and see if you get side effects from that? I find amino acids can have a tendence to make you feel messed up. What's your mgT dosage? is it above 500mg?

Threonine is not threonate. And anyway, amino acid chelates, I'm told, don't normally dissociate and don't supply a significant amount of the amino acid by itself.

Oh really? interesting, I was wondering about that.

#125 Pirate

• 147 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:13 AM

I'm confused about dosing. Can someone pls clear this up for me?

I have the cerebral health powder - how much should I be capping/taking? 2g or 144mg? Why did they divide the dose into 3 capsules with the bottled varieties?

I used to take 3 of the life extension neuromag with magtein variety and as I said, I'm totally effing confused by this whole magnesium inside magnesium thing.

#126 alexburke

• 80 posts

Posted 08 February 2013 - 12:18 AM

Awesome, thanks for bringing this thread back up.
I just found my 100gram bag of this stuff and capped about 100mg inside of it.

Mines also from Cerebral health. Just found out it has a calming effect on anxiety for some.

An update:
Filled a cap with about 800mg to see if it may be 2000mg (2g).

I had a chilled out yet alert effect from the first about an hours in.
Going to see if its the same effect when redosing with more.

Edited by alexburke, 08 February 2013 - 12:27 AM.

#127 xsiv1

• 463 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:17 PM

I just bought the Jarrow Formula's MagMind (L-Threonate) brand and was looking to replace my nightly dose of regular ZMA with more bioavailable forms of Magnesium, Zinc and B6. Would taking this form of Magnesium (as opposed to the Asparate that's common in ZMA formulas) be detrimental to sleep latency/depth? If so, I'll just swap my nightly dose of Magnesium to Mag Glycinate. Similarly, Zinc Aspartate is junk (health-wise) so I bought a chelated form to replace what's in ZMA. It's the B6 (bought P5P) that'll be hard to match on a dose:dose ratio but I figure 22mgs won't hurt me as long as I'm not overdoing it in other areas of my nutrition/supplementation. Any experiences on Mag L-Th and sound or unsound sleep would be appreciated.

#128 xsiv1

• 463 posts

Posted 17 February 2013 - 12:42 PM

Anyone find this form of Mg, disruptive to sleep in any way? Thus far, I'm liking it in the mornings. Seems to clear up brain fog some upon initial observations. Placebo? Not sure, but doesn't feel that way. I can actually notice it's effects after taking it.

#129 xsiv1

• 463 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:31 AM

Anyone?

#130 VisionMentor

• 1 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 03:10 AM

xsiv1

Magnesium L-threonate will not disrupt your sleep in any way.. on the contrary, Magnesium L-threonate will improve your sleep without any drowsy side-effects.
  • like x 1

#131 xsiv1

• 463 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:33 PM

Thank you VM! I was concerned (already kind of have fragile sleep but manage 6-7hrs anyways) because of how the bottle says it promotes wakefulness, improved cognition etc, but figured it's just a more readily available form of magnesium to the brain. I'd like to incorporate 400mgs of it combined with 20mgs p5p and some zinc to replace the junky products found in most ZMA formulas...that use aspartate.

#132 xsiv1

• 463 posts

Posted 02 March 2013 - 01:45 PM

xsiv1

Magnesium L-threonate will not disrupt your sleep in any way.. on the contrary, Magnesium L-threonate will improve your sleep without any drowsy side-effects.

For me, this was entirely correct. I take 144mgs along with 300mgs of chelated magnesium, 11mgs P5P, and 30mgs of a Soloray chelated zinc, and it work better than your standard ZMA formulation in my case, and it's cheaper in the end. Thanks again, just thought I'd update with my experience. I take 1 magnesium l-threonate during the day. I've never 'felt' much from other magnesium supplements, but this one is distinctly different.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#133 John250

• 1,451 posts
  • NO

Posted 01 June 2018 - 02:10 AM

Anyone take more than 2000 mg MgT? That equates to only 140 mg magnesium. I take 2000mg MgT at night and 400mg glycinate in the afternoon. I was going to try Memantine as a NMDA but I’m thinking of maybe ditching the glycinate and doing another 2000mg MgT in the afternoon. I wonder if 4g MgT would be a stronger NMDA than Memantine?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users