3 replies to this topic

#1 TelepathicMerg

• 67 posts

Posted 23 December 2010 - 06:54 PM

Can we benefit from X PRIZE?

#2 robomoon

• 209 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:49 PM

Certainly, a great benefit comes from moon robot development to compensate for the increasing risks on Earth. See http://www.longecity...before-ad-astra which suggests undersea habitation to simulate material structures for a colony in space. Nevertheless, undersea robots could also protect sea workers from sharks and do some useful construction jobs at underwater building sites too.

#3 Danail Bulgaria

• 2,212 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 08:13 AM

I wonder if this organization will be willing to pay for the development of the biogerontology and gerontology. As far as I know when the crisis come, the money, that goverments give for the development of the biogerontology fall.

#4 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:59 AM

Apparently they gather philanthropists for various technology related project categories and then people compete in those specific categories. So we would need to fit one of them. I dont think the odds of fitting a current category are good. Can you figure out how you get a category going? You need to find investors, maybe you need some seed money, maybe they have an agent down there at X-Prize that the indefinite life extension community can talk to, Im not sure. Will you be willing to look into that?

Can you also find out if they will fund scientific or medical projects in addition to technology projects too? If not then an AGI project could be explored.

They say there are million dollar prizes too, that seems to make the odds a little better.

So if you would, please do find out a little more information in this way and post it here and we can discuss it further.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users