- - - - -

Herbs similar to Ritalin/Adderall

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Rain

• 165 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 03:02 PM

Hi,

I split this from another thread- this one is wondering about herbs that have similar effects to the concentration, mental stamina & clarity from prescription drugs like Ritalin/Adderall. Any suggestions would be great and please include dosings! :)

A suggestion from the thread it was split from was..

I would recommend Bacopa, Rhodiola and Cognitol. These three herbs combined will give you the clarity and mental stamina that you seek.

Thanks for that!
Questions: Does it increase concentration in a similar way? How long do the effects last when all taken? Are they anywhere near as intense?
Also, what doses??

-R

Edited by Rain, 15 February 2011 - 03:03 PM.

#2 Delta Gamma

• 265 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 05:07 PM

Khat and ephedra come to mind as NE/DA releasing agents, but they're defiantly a legal gray zone at best. Consult erowid for more answers.
Ginseng and Rhodiola are known to be stimulating but a strong tolerance builds up over the course of a few months, I'm currently on a ginseng tolerance break as after 3 months of amazing energy it just stopped working. Be sure to cycle them if you do use them.

One could also just munch down on a bunch of the DA/NE precursors and throw in some herbal MAOI's and peripheral LNAA decarboxylase inhibitors and get close to that effect though.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 Moddy2012

• 83 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 08:43 PM

Khat and ephedra come to mind as NE/DA releasing agents, but they're defiantly a legal gray zone at best. Consult erowid for more answers.
Ginseng and Rhodiola are known to be stimulating but a strong tolerance builds up over the course of a few months, I'm currently on a ginseng tolerance break as after 3 months of amazing energy it just stopped working. Be sure to cycle them if you do use them.

One could also just munch down on a bunch of the DA/NE precursors and throw in some herbal MAOI's and peripheral LNAA decarboxylase inhibitors and get close to that effect though.

Ephedra will kill you. And there are no herbal Adderalls or Ritalins. Those meds are manufactured and prescribed for one simple reason, they work.

#4 jlspartz

• 85 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:30 PM

Ephedra will kill you. And there are no herbal Adderalls or Ritalins. Those meds are manufactured and prescribed for one simple reason, they work.

There are some, you'll be up to half a dozen supplements plus meditation, diet and exercise to get half the effect of a DRA like Adderall.

#5 TophetLOL

• 88 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:33 PM

Chewed coca with a maoi-b inhibitor is the closest you can come (its also very dangerous, especially if combined with alcohol). Chewed coca is fairly strong by itself so you should try it alone first.

Edited by TophetLOL, 15 February 2011 - 09:39 PM.

#6 Delta Gamma

• 265 posts

Posted 15 February 2011 - 09:52 PM

*facepalm* then why are the active alkaloids used in over the counter cold medicines? Amphetamine was originally derived from ephedra alkaloids, and in many clandestine operations still is. While it may be even more preferential for NE over DA, it still has the same focus enhancing effects if used properly.

I also said it comes in a legal gray area, perhaps bitter orange could be a legal alternative. Every biologically active substance has risks, and its up for the user to decide if they are worth it.

#7 Rimas

• 17 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:54 AM

Hi,

I split this from another thread- this one is wondering about herbs that have similar effects to the concentration, mental stamina & clarity from prescription drugs like Ritalin/Adderall. Any suggestions would be great and please include dosings! :)

A suggestion from the thread it was split from was..

I would recommend Bacopa, Rhodiola and Cognitol. These three herbs combined will give you the clarity and mental stamina that you seek.

Thanks for that!
Questions: Does it increase concentration in a similar way? How long do the effects last when all taken? Are they anywhere near as intense?
Also, what doses??

-R

These three herbs are considered adaptogens. This means that they will help to bring your body and mind to homeostasis. They will work to help balance any deficiency your body is experiencing. They will not force your mind into concentratiom. They will gently raise your mental and physical to a new baseline. You will find your concentration will be greatly increased over time. You might also notice your mood and memory will benefit from these herbs.

*please be advised that I am not a medical professional nor am I able to give medical advice*

-Rimas

#8 Rain

• Topic Starter
  • 165 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 03:58 AM

^ Thanks for replies.. I didn't mean are Adderal/Ritalin, just have a similar boost in clarity, attention and stamina when taken. I wouldn't do it every day either, just occasionally when I have stuff to do so wouldn't have to worry about tolerance.

#9 Rimas

• 17 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 04:39 AM

If you are planning to take as needed, I would recommend the Celastrus Paniculatus and Rhodiola Rosea. Hope that helps :)

#10 Rain

• Topic Starter
  • 165 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:10 AM

If you are planning to take as needed, I would recommend the Celastrus Paniculatus and Rhodiola Rosea. Hope that helps :)

Ok thanks :)
What about dosing, the two sources i can get say to do 1ml of the oil (celastrus) and 250mg of Rhadiola Rosea, is this okay?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#11 Rimas

• 17 posts

Posted 16 February 2011 - 05:21 AM

I am not sure. Try to experiment with the suggested dose. Rhodiola is a little tricky with dosing. Sometimes less is more with rhodiola. Start off small and work your way up until you get desired effects.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users