Photo

Marketing & Outreach

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 01:50 AM

Marketing & Outreach develops long term outreach strategy, puts the proposals to a vote, requests budgets and executes the strategy.

Members of it are as follows:

Meetings to be announced here and are open to all unless specified.

If you are interested in joining then apply here or contact the Teams Coordinator directly.

Edited by brokenportal, 09 March 2012 - 11:06 PM.

#2 The Immortalist

• 1,462 posts

Posted 12 March 2011 - 02:20 AM

I'll join, pm me if there's anything I can do.

There's a website I found and I think it would be better to model our points system after theirs... http://www.points2shop.com/

It's basically the same thing that we have except they award amazon points for their members that do offers. 100 points = 1 dollar us.

#3 brokenportal

• Topic Starter
  • Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 09:24 PM

It is shaping up as follows, pending adjustments, and vote.From budget discussion topic: http://www.longecity...get-discussion/

Marketing & Outreach Budget Overview

$2,000 - Google and Facebook ads

$200 - copies of Scientific Conquest of Death

$300 - banner space

$500 - Vimmortal promotion

$500 - pamphlets, cards and posters

$500 to $2,000 - press releases

total: $4,000

Google and Facebook ads $2,000 maximum:

$300 first round - $100 facebook using cpc, $100 facebook using cpi, $100 adwords using cpc (adwords does not seem to offer cpi for our classification of organization)

General "Longecity - Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans" With tag lines like but not limited to, "...because life is an amazing opportunity. Register to show your support today." Key words Im looking to use that have estimated clicks per day from 7 to 30 on average at $100 include: live forever, immortal, healthy living, critical thinking and gerontology. Other key key words like: life extension, unlimited lifespans and longecity dont register.

After first round, will then check traffic that it may or may not have gained through google analytics. If gains at least 40 clicks in facebook at cpc, or 80,000 at cpi, or if gains at least 40 at cpc in adwords then will move to round two.

$500 second round - $500 to the any of the three from round one that made at or more than the minimum outlined, and that did the best of the three.

Reavaluate with same numbers percentage wise. If this round makes the same minimum percentage then move on to round three.

$1,000 third round - Send out a additional round of these ads at $1,000.

Statistics on this:

There are statistics in our google analytics for a folding at home adwords campaign we did that lasted 4 months a few years back. Its key words were not rated highly and in some cases they were removed for 0 performance but still the $95.00 cost netted 154 clicks and 948,629 impressions. I ran a small ad advertising for agnostics in facebook a few weeks back to test them out. The ad drew 30 clicks and 12,000 impressions at $10.00. Facebook seems to do better with clicks and worse with impressions. This could be due to key word difference. I should be able to gauge this better in the first round trial above. Its hard (inherently so?) to pin down a number of memberships that this might gain but after going through the numbers I estimate we would gain between 4 and 120 members from these ads.

Currently, about 2% to 3% of people that registered at Longecity are members. Its hard to tell how many clicks might register. I dont think we can gauge that. If we go with 25% and we expect this same rate at the minimum I project to get that would be about 4 more members. However this is targeted to pull in less supplements and other people, and more people that have a direct interest in unlimited lifespans. So I estimate that as many as 75% (of the minimum set to measure success, 40 per $100) may become members, that number being approximately 120.

Registrations based on the minimum then would be 160, and impressions based on the minimum would be 1,280,000. These are very conservative numbers for the sake of a minimum gauge for success. Some of the stats seem to indicate potential for double or triple these numbers.

Other Outreach $2,000 total:

$200 for copies of SCOD. I would distribute them in the same way that I did last year. I still have a few copies left. We are still writing to VIP's and others. I'll be driving around the state to introduce the concept and donate some of them to libraries of all sorts again this summer.

$300 for a larger banner plus potential bonus options to negotiate for at science website. Ive searched countless places through internet networking and have a few in mind like this one here: http://www.scienceforums.net/ This particular science forum runs ipb and seems to have about the same amount of traffic as Longecity (1 million unique visitors per year), decent traffic, higher quality and good moderation. I like the cross over and insight prospects. Ive talked to them and they seem open to negotiating some banner space and other bonus add ons. They currently only do adwords.

$500 to promote vimmortal. We would use a method we discuss with in the next year, say, a LEF ad or something similar, or which ever one of the google or facebook options might meet the minimum after the first round, or another way that we may find. When I pushed for the creation of this supplement my main reason was that I wanted to see if we could create a supplement bottle that would indirectly advertise Imminst to this exceptionally active target audience. Rwac suggests it/reminds me. We would market this as a supplement rather than an ad for Longecity in this way.

$500 for pamphlets, cards, and posters from my local printing store. I used to petition for help aquiring printing resources, ie a better printer, more paper, ink, etc... so that I could continue printing out pamphlets. I used to create stacks of 500 and distribute them. I use these for events, vip outreach and general outreach.

$500 - $2,000 for press release network. Ive seen a variety of these but its hard to tell which ones do well. One that Maxwatt recommends seems to be free for non profits but roughly $450 for each picture you include in their database. I am working on finding out what other costs there may be. Ive contacted them and expect them to call or email me with more information this week. Depending on how this goes I would like to reserve the option to cancel any or all of the other items in this "Other Outreach $2,000 total" outline, (scod, banner, vimmortal, pamphlets) in order to pursue this if the option to be outlined is agreeable to the board.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users