• Create Account
  LongeCity
              Advocacy & Research for Unlimited Lifespans

Adverts help to support the work of this non-profit organisation. To go ad-free join as a Member.

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Help to win $10,000 for aging research

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 kmoody

• Guest, F@H
  • 202 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 08:18 PM

Chipotle Mexican Grill Restaurant is sponsoring a "Wrap What You Love" contest where participants can submit photos and anyone can vote on them. The photos with the most votes win prizes, and the grand prize (influenced in large part by number of votes cast) is $10,000 cash. I have placed a submission, Tools of Discovery, for this contest. If I win, 100% of winnings will be used to support MATERIAL COSTS (not salaries) of projects related to aging and age-related disease. Voting is free and only requires a facebook account, so PLEASE support me in this and spread the word. Thank you!!

Vote at http://gold.chipotle...howentry/757031
  • like x 3

#2 caliban

• Admin, Advisor, Director
  • 9,152 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 10:01 PM

Automatic message

This topic has been moved from "Action! -> Suggestions & Project Ideas -> Project Proposals" to "Community -> LongeCity".

#3 Shannon Vyff

• Life Member, Director Lead Moderator
  • 3,897 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 12:14 AM

Love the job you did! Hope it wins, I certainly voted and I tweeted/facebooked it :)

sponsored ad

• Advert

#4 Elus

• 793 posts

Posted 11 April 2011 - 02:34 AM

Voted and liked. Please win for aging's sake :D! We could really use some money for the Microglia stem cell project.

#5 The Immortalist

• 1,462 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:14 PM

Chipotle Mexican Grill Restaurant is sponsoring a "Wrap What You Love" contest where participants can submit photos and anyone can vote on them. The photos with the most votes win prizes, and the grand prize (influenced in large part by number of votes cast) is $10,000 cash. I have placed a submission, Tools of Discovery, for this contest. If I win, 100% of winnings will be used to support MATERIAL COSTS (not salaries) of projects related to aging and age-related disease. Voting is free and only requires a facebook account, so PLEASE support me in this and spread the word. Thank you!!

If you win are you going to give $2500 to Longecity to finish the fundraiser?

#6 The Immortalist

• 1,462 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:23 PM

To everyone who's reading this please create at least 10 facebook accounts and vote Kelsey's Entry up. It's the only way we can win at this rate. It's not cheating it's just using a flaw in the design of the contest to our advantage.
  • like x 1
  • dislike x 1

#7 kmoody

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 202 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:52 PM

I should note that you can re-vote every day, so if everyone voted once per day we could easily secure this prize. Perhaps we could do something where part of it is used to finish covering the microglial project if I win the $10,000. That seems like a good use of the funds.

#8 kmoody

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 202 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 04:52 PM

I should note that you can re-vote every day, so if everyone voted once per day we could easily secure this prize. Perhaps we could do something where part of it is used to finish covering the microglial project if I win the $10,000. That seems like a good use of the funds.

#9 thughes

• 262 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:01 PM

They sure want a lot of information from you just to vote. Did anyways, but it makes it harder to convince other people.

- Tracy

#10 The Immortalist

• 1,462 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:52 PM

They sure want a lot of information from you just to vote. Did anyways, but it makes it harder to convince other people.

- Tracy

you had to provide them with information to vote? I don't remember that I just remember signing in to facebook then clicking the vote button and thats it.

Edit: Just voted again on another facebook account. You have to provide an address and a phone number but you could just easily use fake information.

Edited by The Immortalist, 14 April 2011 - 08:07 PM.

#11 thughes

• 262 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:36 AM

Yup pretty much what I did. They can have fun mailing Go Away North Carolina.
- Tracy

#12 Destiny's Equation

• 276 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 01:15 PM

If someone with programming skills steps up to the plate we can win this ridiculously easily:

http://www.longecity...aging-research/

Anyone? Please???

#13 thughes

• 262 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 04:29 PM

Admins - could do a mailing to board members to get support for this?

- Tracy

#14 The Immortalist

• 1,462 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 12:06 AM

Get Aubrey de grey to send a message to his 5000+ followers on Facebook.....

#15 The Immortalist

• 1,462 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 12:10 AM

I will personally spend all day making over 100 facebook accounts and voting with them everyday if that's what it takes to win. Anyone with me?
  • dislike x 1

#16 kmoody

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 202 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 12:20 AM

I have contacted Aubrey on this. If I can get to ~150 votes that will put me on the front page and I'll get some general attention too.

#17 kmoody

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 202 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 05:50 PM

Aubrey is behind the project now and posted on his Facebook. Just shy of 100 votes now, still need around ~150 total to get on the front page and get a real shot at taking this but we're gaining momentum. The baby (#1 slot) might get diluted out since there are like 10 others now.

#18 The Immortalist

• 1,462 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 11:19 PM

Aubrey is behind the project now and posted on his Facebook. Just shy of 100 votes now, still need around ~150 total to get on the front page and get a real shot at taking this but we're gaining momentum. The baby (#1 slot) might get diluted out since there are like 10 others now.

I'm just wondering if he posted it on his fan page or his personal facebook page? His fan page only has about 400 on it while his personal page has over 4000 people on it.

#19 Ark

• 1,729 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 01:09 AM

Fun!~

#20 kmoody

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 202 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 01:58 AM

It is on his personal page.

#21 kmoody

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 202 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 02:03 AM

If you win are you going to give $2500 to Longecity to finish the fundraiser?

I would strongly consider it, assuming Longecity users rallied to make sure it is won. I would need to talk to the admins about the details of the donation and I'll have to read contest rules to make sure that it would be allowed. Else, I am very keen on supporting the project.
  • like x 2

#22 kmoody

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 202 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 05:22 PM

Keep voting guys, we're gaining momentum. I'm 2 spots away from being on the first page for all categories (most loved of all time, most loved this week, most views). If everyone gets on this we can win this thing. http://gold.chipotle...howentry/757031
  • like x 3

#23 Janusz Czoch

• 23 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 07:16 PM

Not a nice day.
Waiting for parents to return from the crematorium.

Family friend had died. (She developed leukemia).

Q: What is the official IMMINST policy regarding notification of members in support of Kelsey's competition initiative?

-So far I seem not to have received any messages from IMMINST for any call to action...

Edited by Janusz Czoch, 19 April 2011 - 07:31 PM.

• like x 1

#24 The Immortalist

• 1,462 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 08:02 PM

Q: What is the official IMMINST policy regarding notification of members in support of Kelsey's competition initiative?

-So far I seem not to have received any messages from IMMINST for any call to action...

Exactly. What's going on Caliban AKA Mr Chairman? Send a message to everyone already.

Edited by The Immortalist, 19 April 2011 - 08:15 PM.

#25 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 01:05 AM

It went out in the Longecity newsletter. Its also promoted pretty heavily here in the forum. There are multiple topics, by Kelsey, the Immortalist and others. Ive been helping keep some of them moving and informing people too.

Like Kelsey says, remember to keep voting, you can vote again every day. Also remember to spread the direct link. I have seen other topics that link to the contest in general.

The one from this topic is the best one:

http://gold.chipotle...howentry/757031

#26 kmoody

• Topic Starter
  • Guest, F@H
  • 202 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 06:28 AM

Hey guys good news, we broke onto the first page of ALL THREE CATEGORIES (most loved of all time, most loved this week, most viewed) tonight. Lets rally and everyone vote daily to win this contest. We need everyone!

#27 The Immortalist

• 1,462 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 03:16 PM

Hey guys good news, we broke onto the first page of ALL THREE CATEGORIES (most loved of all time, most loved this week, most viewed) tonight. Lets rally and everyone vote daily to win this contest. We need everyone!

Right on I knew we could do it!

I'm responsible for at least 30 of the votes so if even 10 people here did 5 votes everyday we could win this.

#28 brokenportal

• Life Member, Moderator
  • 7,046 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 05:36 PM

I just voted again.

#29 The Immortalist

• 1,462 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 08:32 PM

The contest ends may 8th. After that there are 10 finalists chosen based on the number of votes. We are currently tied in 15th place.
We really need to vote as much as possible now to get into the finals.

#30 Mind

• Life Member, Director, Moderator, Treasurer
  • 19,058 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 09:07 PM

I "loved" the golden microscope. Is that all one has to do? I also tweeted and liked it on facebook.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users