Photo
- - - - -

Best Invisible Sunblock?

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#31 Ben

• 2,010 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:06 PM

Some Whole Foods carry both Devita and Burnout............ I used 1/4 tsp on my face alone with the Devita and ZERO whitening. Not a trace.

Hmm, did you see a "wet look," mentioned by previous posters? What happens when you use a full tsp? Wet? White? Wunderbar?

#32 mustardseed41

• 928 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:29 PM

Some Whole Foods carry both Devita and Burnout............ I used 1/4 tsp on my face alone with the Devita and ZERO whitening. Not a trace.

Hmm, did you see a "wet look," mentioned by previous posters? What happens when you use a full tsp? Wet? White? Wunderbar?

Yes it gives a little wet look. Does not bother me. I've heard other people mention the wet look as well.
No need for me to use that much on my face. Overkill.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for AGELESS LOOKS to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#33 AmericanMe

• 30 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 06:20 AM

What's the name of the Devita sunscreen that's recommended here? Is it Devita Natural Skin Care Solar Protective Moisturizer?

http://www.amazon.co...04057953&sr=8-1

#34 spacey

• 241 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:19 AM

Non-micronised Zno is incredibly whitening I find it hard to believe that it could be the active ingrident of an invisible sunblock, how much do these sunblock retail for?

#35 mustardseed41

• 928 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 06:24 PM

What's the name of the Devita sunscreen that's recommended here? Is it Devita Natural Skin Care Solar Protective Moisturizer?

http://www.amazon.co...04057953&sr=8-1

Yes

#36 mustardseed41

• 928 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 06:25 PM

Non-micronised Zno is incredibly whitening I find it hard to believe that it could be the active ingrident of an invisible sunblock, how much do these sunblock retail for?

The Devita sunscreen is micronized zinc oxide.

#37 Eva Victoria

• 887 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:04 AM

There is a new launch of LRP Anthelios Mineral Susncreen SPF 50 PPD 21 in the US very soon:

La Roche-Posay Anthelios 50 Mineral Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid | 100% Mineral UV Filter System

INCI: Titanium Dioxide 11%
Water, Isododecane, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dimethicone, Undecane, Triethylhexanoin, Isohexadecane, Styrene/acrylates Copolymer, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Methicone, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Phenethyl Benzoate, Silica, Tridecane, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Talc, Dimethicone/peg-10/15 Crosspolymer, Aluminum Stearate, Pentylene Glycol, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Alumina, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Peg-8 Laurate, Stearic Acid, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate, Tocopherol, Propylene Carbonate, Cassia Alata Leaf Extract, Maltodextrin, Benzoic Acid, Peg-9.

Info about PPD: http://www.specialchem4cosmetics.com/services/news.aspx?id=6491&lr=tfcos11109&li=30002488

#38 happy lemon

• 275 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:41 AM

There is a new launch of LRP Anthelios Mineral Susncreen SPF 50 PPD 21 in the US very soon......

Eva, what do you think about this sunscreen in terms of UVA/UVB protection?

From the attached charts, it seems that TiO2 does not have a broad UV protection.

http://www.longecity...ndpost&p=391725

#39 Brafarality

• 684 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:40 PM

Brafarality is about to get Devita and will let all interested know how it works out.

Edited by Brafarality, 30 April 2011 - 07:40 PM.

• like x 1

#40 Eva Victoria

• 887 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 02:29 PM

There is a new launch of LRP Anthelios Mineral Susncreen SPF 50 PPD 21 in the US very soon......

Eva, what do you think about this sunscreen in terms of UVA/UVB protection?

From the attached charts, it seems that TiO2 does not have a broad UV protection.

http://www.longecity...ndpost&p=391725

Normally TiO2 is either micronized or nano-size. When the particles are so small they have a very high SPF value (protect very well against UVB rays) but have weak UVA protection. However when TiO2 is in its rutile or anatase form and the particles are in their original size, TiO2 has weak UVB protection and very good UVA protection. (It is also much more whitening than the micronized pigments).
LRP says that they used to types of TiO2. One in a dispersion (micronized) and then they added original-size TiO2 for increased UVA protection.
Though how they managed all this with only 11% TiO2 is a very interesting question :)

#41 happy lemon

• 275 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 03:02 PM

Eva,

Is there any way to verify the labeled SPF & PPD of each sunscreec claims? Like this new LRP Anthelios, it says SPF 50 PPD 21, how can we know that it is up to the index?

#42 Eva Victoria

• 887 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:57 AM

Eva,

Is there any way to verify the labeled SPF & PPD of each sunscreec claims? Like this new LRP Anthelios, it says SPF 50 PPD 21, how can we know that it is up to the index?

I don't think you can. you have only the words and test results of L'Oreal. If they are an honest company they will send you the test results (that were conducted by the Colipa method), if they are not, they will not grant you access to their test results (and as far as I know they can deny access to a private person).
However, sunscreen agents are classified as OTC drugs in the USA and the SPF has to comply with the rules of the FDA. And the FDA has to have all the test results for the SPF to approve the sunscreen.
Hence you can rely on the fact that the SPF is as it is stated on the product.
UVA protection is not more than recommended by the FDA (and the EU) so there might not be as easy to know how well the product protects against UVA rays. (Though TiO2 protects up to 340 nm; non-micro even higher).
In the measurements that were conducted by researcher of the EU committee, inorganic sunscreens showed low UVA protection. Pure TiO2 sunscreens from Dr Haushka and Levara were the worst on the list of sunscreens tested. (But both sunscreen use micronized TiO2, while LRP claims that they use a blend of micro and full size TiO2 in their new product).

#43 labminion

• 12 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 08:16 PM

I am having the same problem verifying the PPD ratings of my sunblock. In my case, I have been using Bioderma Minerale. It claims a PPD of 22, though its active ingredients consist only of zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. I thought it was not possible to reach such a high PPD using only physical sunblocking agents. I have contacted Bioderma, requesting information about the percentage of active ingredients (which is not labeled on the bottle) as well as data supporting the verity of the PPD claims, but they have not responded. It's too bad. I want to like the sunscreen, but I don't know if I can trust the purported protection level.

Happy Lemon, did you have any success confirming the PPD rating of your Anthelios sunscreen?

#44 mustardseed41

• 928 posts

Posted 22 May 2011 - 09:26 PM

I am having the same problem verifying the PPD ratings of my sunblock. In my case, I have been using Bioderma Minerale. It claims a PPD of 22, though its active ingredients consist only of zinc oxide and titanium dioxide. I thought it was not possible to reach such a high PPD using only physical sunblocking agents. I have contacted Bioderma, requesting information about the percentage of active ingredients (which is not labeled on the bottle) as well as data supporting the verity of the PPD claims, but they have not responded. It's too bad. I want to like the sunscreen, but I don't know if I can trust the purported protection level.

Happy Lemon, did you have any success confirming the PPD rating of your Anthelios sunscreen?

This info was taken from a post by Eva Victoria (lost the link):

If ZnO is non-micro/nano than the UVB protection is minimal. But UVAI is extremely good (up to 520nm).
Micro ZnO provides better UVB protection and less UVAI protection. Though the UVAI protection is still concidered good (385nm). this is the best broad spectrum protection in one singel filter. Should be combined with organic filters though like OMC or Polysilicone-15 (not permitted in the US) to achieve better UVB protection. (ZnO stabilizes OMC).

Nano-ZnO provides very good UVB protection, just as good as TiO2 but UVAII protection is partial and UVAI is as good as non-existent.

Why ZnO is such a good sunscreen agent alone is because it can really give broad-spectrum protection in one single agent when it is used in high enough concentration (15%+). AND it is inherently photo-stable.
While organic filters provide higher SPF (UVB protection) and UVAII protection pr. percent of active required to achieve the required SPF/PPD (and they are conciderably cheaper when it comes to costs) they tend to provide narrower protection scale and they tend to be extremely photo-unstable. Hence they should be reapplied every 2 hours and combined with each other to provide broader protection.
The only true organic UVAI protection is possible with Tinosorb M. But it is not really an organic filter either. It is a so called organic particle filter. It is also inherently photostable. Its real advantage is that it is water soluble while almost all other filters (inorganic filters included) are oil soluble. The other good thing is that it is very affordable and it gives high UVA II and I protection pr. % active used. The drawback: it is not worldwide approved.

Why organic filters are so popular is because they are cheap to produce. Much less actives are needed to achieve high SPF sunscreens or UVA(II) protection. The profit can be increased much more than using 20% ZnO to achieve a sunscreen with lower SPF (but with the same UVA(II) protection or lower). The cost for this sunscreen is about 7-10 times more than achieving the same UVA(II) protection with organic filters (like AVO).
Organic filters are much more cosmetically elegant as well. So it is easier to sell.
But from the consumers' point they are though elegant (or more elegant) and cheaper, they are photo-unstable and have to be reapplied every 2h.

With todays technology it is possible to produce ZnO containing sunscreens with 15-25% ZnO, combined with OMC (7.5%) to achieve high SPF (50) and adequate UVA protection (PPD20). These sunscreens can be formulated mattish (while organic ones are almost always very oily and shiny). ZnO containing sunscreens with the right formulation can be used as visual skin perfectors (while organics actually make the imperfections of the skin look more pronounced).
The Refractive Index of ZnO can easily be turned into a very nice skin-veil that actually hides imperfections and makes it more dewy.

But the real difference between an organic sunscreen and a ZnO (15%+) containing one is that the UVAI protection from 385nm is usually non-existent for organic sunscreens (even when they contain TiO2*) while the one with 15%+ ZnO has at least PPD 10 at 385nm and about 4-8 at 400nm (depending on the particle size). So it provides lower SPF and PPD (UVAII) but it actually does cover the whole UVA spectrum! And again it is inherently photostable!

(PPD 20 means 95% protection; 15 means 93% protection; 8 means 87% protection!)

So what is better a sunscreen with AVO with an impressive PPD 30 (96% protection**) at 360nm but about 2 (50% protection**) at 390nm and 0 at 400nm, OR a ZnO containing sunscreen with a modest PPD 15 (93% protection at 360nm and PPD 17 -94% protection- at 385nm) and about PPD 8 (87% protection) at 400nm?
End of message

My post:

Take home message here would appear that PPD correlates more to protection between 320-360nm and much less protection from 360-400nm.(more penetrating rays) ___

Move over potential hazardous chemical sunscreens that need to be re-applied often or can do more harm than good.. More and more people are realizing the superiority of Zinc Oxide sunscreens such as Burnout, Eco, Devita, Marie Veronique which are both cosmetically elegant and offer a high % of zinc._______________

#45 labminion

• 12 posts

Posted 23 May 2011 - 03:12 AM

Thank you, Mustardseed (and Eva, of course). I recall reading that post at one time but I confess I had forgotten the part explaining that high PPD ratings do not necessarily correlate to high UVAI protection. I suppose I shall have to try harder to find out what the percentage of zinc and titanium is in my sunscreen to assuage my concerns. Thanks again.

#46 rollo

• 205 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:12 PM

Just tried Green Beaver SPF 30, http://well.ca/produ...reen_32010.html

Didn't think it was possible to have a non whitening Zinc sunscreen that would not cost an arm and a leg. I was wrong. I love this stuff and love the fact that it's 100% Natural & Certified Organic.

Gives you a wet look at first but when you rub it in after a little while, which I've found necessary for any sunscreen that I've used, it's gone and gives you a nice glow.

#47 mustardseed41

• 928 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:20 PM

Just tried Green Beaver SPF 30, http://well.ca/produ...reen_32010.html

Didn't think it was possible to have a non whitening Zinc sunscreen that would not cost an arm and a leg. I was wrong. I love this stuff and love the fact that it's 100% Natural & Certified Organic.

Gives you a wet look at first but when you rub it in after a little while, which I've found necessary for any sunscreen that I've used, it's gone and gives you a nice glow.

That one has me curios. Might have to try it out.

#48 mustardseed41

• 928 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 10:42 PM

This one looks promising. http://www.truenatur...active-3oz.html

#49 happy lemon

• 275 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:08 AM

Hi Rollo,

Have you tried Devita? If so, is the "glow" of Green Beaver like that of Devita?

I like Devita because it is really invisible & zero white cast; however, I don't like the wet look.

I have tried many 100% zinc oxide sunscreen but all of them, except Devita, are whitening.

#50 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 06:57 PM

http://www.luckyvita...er-30-spf-17-oz

Yes, I have this one but it gives me a wet look that I don't like.

It is a "your mileage may vary situation".

Well I have only used it in temperate conditions thus far. As in nothing warmer than 75 degrees and it doesn't seem to run too much, even when sweating. What is your climate? And do you wear anything under it?

I really like the Devita as well. I'm currently using Burnout and like it better. No shine and it's more water resistant than the Devita. Much more. http://www.mothernat...110&zmap=211933

I just ordered burnout and will give it a trial during the hot/sticky summer months as per the 'more water resistant' aspect of it. Presumably this means more sweat resistant too? I have had positive experience with the devita thus far. But as summer begins I fear it may be slightly short of full spectrum protection due to being less water resistant (idk i'm making stuff up). Plus where I am we have already had several days in the upper 80s and a few in the lower 90s. And I notice some slight darkening after spending an hour or two out with the devita product on my face, arms and hands (when I say 'slight darkening' I mean a half a shade darker than before the sun exposure, if I had not been wearing the sunscreen I would probably be a lot darker than that after the exposure). I am wondering if the protection is not adequate or if it is just that the sweat is making it less effective. Hence I ordered some burnout. Eager to try it. As a secondary note I also have noticed darkening when using chemical based sunscreens with mexoryl, at spf 50! But nothing extreme as would be the case without any protection, and most importantly, no burning with any of the above sunscreens!

Edited by TheFountain, 02 June 2011 - 07:25 PM.

#51 mustardseed41

• 928 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:19 PM

Well I have only used it in temperate conditions thus far. As in nothing warmer than 75 degrees and it doesn't seem to run too much, even when sweating. What is your climate? And do you wear anything under it?

I really like the Devita as well. I'm currently using Burnout and like it better. No shine and it's more water resistant than the Devita. Much more. http://www.mothernat...110&zmap=211933

I just ordered burnout and will give it a trial during the hot/sticky summer months as per the 'more water resistant' aspect of it. Presumably this means more sweat resistant too? I have had positive experience with the devita thus far. But as summer begins I fear it may be slightly short of full spectrum protection due to being less water resistant (idk i'm making stuff up). Plus where I am we have already had several days in the upper 80s and a few in the lower 90s. And I notice some slight darkening after spending an hour or two out with the devita product on my face, arms and hands (when I say 'slight darkening' I mean a half a shade darker than before the sun exposure, if I had not been wearing the sunscreen I would probably be a lot darker than that after the exposure). I am wondering if the protection is not adequate or if it is just that the sweat is making it less effective. Hence I ordered some burnout. Eager to try it. As a secondary note I also have noticed darkening when using chemical based sunscreens with mexoryl, at spf 50! But nothing extreme as would be the case without any protection, and most importantly, no burning with any of the above sunscreens!

Some people on another forum are starting to question Devita and it's protection. My self included. Seems several have seen some darkening while wearing it. And I can't get over how it has ZERO whitening. Makes me wonder.
I suggest also ordering the Burnout Ocean Tested sunscreen. It is more water resistant than the Eco-Sensitive. They look the same on the skin and feel almost identical.

#52 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 09:39 PM

Some people on another forum are starting to question Devita and it's protection. My self included. Seems several have seen some darkening while wearing it. And I can't get over how it has ZERO whitening. Makes me wonder.
I suggest also ordering the Burnout Ocean Tested sunscreen. It is more water resistant than the Eco-Sensitive. They look the same on the skin and feel almost identical.

I'm not saying the devita is worthless, it doesn't seem to be allowing me to burn in the sun as I normally would. But i've had slight darkening on full spectrum mexoryl based sunscreens as well. So could it be that slight, heat induced darkening can happen at the same time that you're getting decent protection from the UV spectrums? I already ordered the eco friendly burnout, but this one has apparently had positive reviews and must be equally as protective as the ocean version, and definitely more water resistant than the devita product.

#53 VesperLynd

• 180 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 06:45 PM

I have been using the Environmental Working Group's site to guide me in my selection of sunscreens to test.

So far, I have had the best results with Burnout and Kabana Green Screen - although interestingly enough, Burnout is not on the 2011 list - only 2010.

Also, I believe Burnout uses nanoparticles (if this is a concern for you) and uncoated zinc (if this is also a concern for you).

Green Screen seems to work well with 20% Zinc, but I am still trying to determine how effective it is.

Does this forum have a list of "most protect sunscreens against the effects of aging"?

Also....I understand there are no chem based sunscreens in the US that are considered highly effective AND no pro-oxidant?

Comments greatly appreciated.

VL

#54 mustardseed41

• 928 posts

Posted 03 June 2011 - 07:55 PM

I have been using the Environmental Working Group's site to guide me in my selection of sunscreens to test.

So far, I have had the best results with Burnout and Kabana Green Screen - although interestingly enough, Burnout is not on the 2011 list - only 2010.

Also, I believe Burnout uses nanoparticles (if this is a concern for you) and uncoated zinc (if this is also a concern for you).

Green Screen seems to work well with 20% Zinc, but I am still trying to determine how effective it is.

Does this forum have a list of "most protect sunscreens against the effects of aging"?

Also....I understand there are no chem based sunscreens in the US that are considered highly effective AND no pro-oxidant?

Comments greatly appreciated.

VL

Burnout does not use nano particles. http://www.ewg.org/s...nblock,_SPF_32/
Then gain, it depends on what you consider nano to be.
Remember that many of the sunscreens on the EWG list are a poor choice. Some with very low% of zinc oxide and others with Titanium Dioxide as the main UV agent. I emailed them and asked them why they were not on this years list.

#55 bcmortimer

• 1 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 05:20 AM

Hello,
I I am new to this site, however, I would like to thank everyone for their very interesting comments.
I live in Canada and I use Vichy 60 which I have been given to understand has a PPD of 15.
It has the following active ingredents
Octocrylene 10%
Titanium Dioxide 4.15 %
Avobenzone 3 %
Drometrizole Trisiloxane (mexoryl XL)3%
Mexoryl SX 2%
I do not sit in the sun or go to the beach. I have had two bad bouts with skin cancer in the last 12 years.
I keep my sun exposure to as little as possible.
I also wear this sunblock in the dead of winter. Having said what I have said I still have a fair amount of color in my skin and I think I should be very pale. I would agree with the poster that one can be fooled or lulled into thinking that they are blocking everything out, when in point of fact they are not.
The fact one has darkening or lots of colour suggest that harmful light is coming via ones sunblock.
I also have use La Roche and find it to be very greasy looking.
Here is the new ingredent in La Roche
http://www.frenchcos...od=15050&cat=15
The La Roche person at the drugstore that I go to in Canada said she had not heard that it was coming to Canada. You can have the stuff shipped from France. I have no idea if it is any good.
Many thanks to everyone for their interesting insights.
BC

I'm not saying the devita is worthless, it doesn't seem to be allowing me to burn in the sun as I normally would. But i've had slight darkening on full spectrum mexoryl based sunscreens as well. So could it be that slight, heat induced darkening can happen at the same time that you're getting decent protection from the UV spectrums? I already ordered the eco friendly burnout, but this one has apparently had positive reviews and must be equally as protective as the ocean version, and definitely more water resistant than the devita product.

#56 rollo

• 205 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 05:14 PM

Hi Rollo,

Have you tried Devita? If so, is the "glow" of Green Beaver like that of Devita?

I like Devita because it is really invisible & zero white cast; however, I don't like the wet look.

I have tried many 100% zinc oxide sunscreen but all of them, except Devita, are whitening.

I really wanted to try Devita but the cheapest shipping I could find was like $15 so no, I haven't tried it and I'm glad.

And yes, there is no whitening effect with this sunscreen, Green Beaver, even upon initial application. It's absolutely fantastic, I have noticed girls noticing my skin more and also, a female friend of mine even commented on how nice my skin was looking; that's more a lifestyle thing but I was wearing green beaver at the time and the natural healthy glow is even apparent to me in the mirror.

Do remember that I rub in the sunscreen sometime after the initial application and the wet look goes away completely. I also find that the sunscreen is very light on the skin, I don't feel the 'thick' feeling that I used to feel with the Badger sunscreen, which was quite good aswell.

#57 sdxl

• 391 posts

Posted 05 June 2011 - 08:50 PM

Hello,
I I am new to this site, however, I would like to thank everyone for their very interesting comments.
I live in Canada and I use Vichy 60 which I have been given to understand has a PPD of 15.
It has the following active ingredents
Octocrylene 10%
Titanium Dioxide 4.15 %
Avobenzone 3 %
Drometrizole Trisiloxane (mexoryl XL)3%
Mexoryl SX 2%

If that PPD is really 15, it wouldn't get a UVA seal if it were sold in the EU. It's not that great, but you could have gotten worse.

I also have use La Roche and find it to be very greasy looking.
Here is the new ingredent in La Roche
http://www.frenchcos...od=15050&cat=15
The La Roche person at the drugstore that I go to in Canada said she had not heard that it was coming to Canada. You can have the stuff shipped from France. I have no idea if it is any good.

The fluide extreme is a lot less greasy than the typical milks. The latest formula with Mexoplex technology has reduced amounts of UV absorbers and an increased PPD of 38.

#58 mustardseed41

• 928 posts

Posted 11 June 2011 - 08:12 PM

http://www.makeupall.../zincsunscreens

#59 Eva Victoria

• 887 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 02:17 PM

There is a new launch of LRP Anthelios Mineral Susncreen SPF 50 PPD 21 in the US very soon:

La Roche-Posay Anthelios 50 Mineral Ultra Light Sunscreen Fluid | 100% Mineral UV Filter System

INCI: Titanium Dioxide 11%
Water, Isododecane, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dimethicone, Undecane, Triethylhexanoin, Isohexadecane, Styrene/acrylates Copolymer, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Methicone, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Phenethyl Benzoate, Silica, Tridecane, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Talc, Dimethicone/peg-10/15 Crosspolymer, Aluminum Stearate, Pentylene Glycol, Peg-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Alumina, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Propylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Aluminum Hydroxide, Peg-8 Laurate, Stearic Acid, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate, Tocopherol, Propylene Carbonate, Cassia Alata Leaf Extract, Maltodextrin, Benzoic Acid, Peg-9.

Info about PPD: http://www.specialch...109&li=30002488

Here is another sunscreen from L'Oreal Group that uses exactly the same formulation as LRP. The only difference is that the 11% physical sunscreen part contains 6% TiO2 and 5% ZnO (Z-Cote).

Skinceuticals: Sheer Physical UV Defense SPF 50 (PPD 21)

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6%, Zinc Oxide 5%.

Inactive Ingredients:
Water, Dimethicone, Isododecane, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Undecane,Triethylhexanoin, Isohexadecane, Nylon-12, Caprylyl Methicone, Butyloctyl Salicylate, Phenethyl Benzoate, Styrene/Acrylates Copolymer, Silica, Tridecane,Dicaprylyl Carbonate, Dicaprylyl Ether, Talc, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Aluminum Stearate, Pentylene Glycol, PEG-9 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Alumina, Polyhydroxystearic Acid, Phenoxyethanol, Magnesium Sulfate, Caprylyl Glycol, PEG-8 Laurate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Tocopherol, Propylene Carbonate, Artemia Extract, Benzoic Acid, PEG-9

#60 happy lemon

• 275 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 02:48 PM

......Skinceuticals: Sheer Physical UV Defense SPF 50 (PPD 21)

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6%, Zinc Oxide 5%.......

Eva, given the low percentage of TiO2 & ZnO, I don't think that it has a good UVA protection; what do you think?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users