Photo
- - - - -

A better nootropic than huperzine-A?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 TheFountain

• 5,362 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:56 PM

I am looking for something better than huperzine for cognitive enhancement. Piracetam seems anxiogenic (correct me of I am wrong here, but that's what some accounts say). So I would prefer other suggestions if possible. Something without so many side effects.

#2 Ichoose2live

• 200 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 03:55 PM

Pramiracetam
Noopept
Cerebrolysin
Semax
Desmopressin
Galantamine (Maybe not better, but it's a good alternative)
Deprenyl
IRDA-21 - Powerful Ampakine and Long-Term Potentiation enhancer. Increase BDNF.

Edited by Ichoose2live, 27 April 2011 - 03:56 PM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 csrpj

• 411 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 05:42 PM

some may find piracetam anxiogenic. i - and plenty others, too - find piracetam anxiolytic.

but you can look into aniracetam, which is know to be anxiolytic.

#4 Thorsten3

• 1,123 posts
  • NO

Posted 27 April 2011 - 06:42 PM

What's that? Sounds like a RC

I googled it and got zero results.

#5 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:33 PM

IDRA-21 isn't commercially available. Its cost to make is too much for the dose needed to illicit any desirable effect. I wish it was though.

FWIR, its ethyl analogue is more efficacious - 5 ethyl IDRA-21.

#6 Ichoose2live

• 200 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:52 PM

One of our member got it. http://www.longecity...post__p__456112

We may ask him where he got it. Also, note my ridiculous error post that claim that this stuff is toxic, which is not. I made a stupid error of reading. Just read the study. And I make many linguistics errors. ;)

#7 TheFountain

• Topic Starter
  • 5,362 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:01 PM

Pramiracetam
Noopept
Cerebrolysin
Semax
Desmopressin
Deprenyl

Are most of these available on sites like vitacost and iherb? I know deprenyl is a prescription medication right? I want to stay away from prescription medicine.

Edited by TheFountain, 27 April 2011 - 08:03 PM.

#8 Ichoose2live

• 200 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:44 PM

Pramiracetam
Noopept
Cerebrolysin
Semax
Desmopressin
Deprenyl

Are most of these available on sites like vitacost and iherb? I know deprenyl is a prescription medication right? I want to stay away from prescription medicine.

Noopept, you must get it form Russia. ask the member - http://www.longecity...ser/10155-saha/ he sells Noopept, Semax and other Russian Nootropic.
Cerebrolysin and Semax are by Intramuscular injection. I don't know where to get Cerebrolysin.
Galantamine from Smartpowders is cheap.
Desmopressin and Deprenyl, you can
get them from antiaging-systems.com
IDRA-21, I don't know where the hell you get this. We may ask kikai93 he was capable of getting some.

Edited by Ichoose2live, 27 April 2011 - 10:44 PM.

#9 Guacamolium

• 747 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 04:57 PM

One of our member got it. http://www.longecity...post__p__456112

We may ask him where he got it. Also, note my ridiculous error post that claim that this stuff is toxic, which is not. I made a stupid error of reading. Just read the study. And I make many linguistics errors. ;)

He probably received it from Tocris, and he may also have money to throw around. It's about $3000/kg from Synfine, and $2000/kg from China. I still think a better avenue may be its ethyl 5 analogue, or CX-614.

#10 noos

• 559 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 12:53 AM

Have you tried sulbutiamine? Use small dose if you feel anxiety.

#11 tepol

• 100 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 12:12 AM

Has anyone really noticed a difference between the different sources for it ( galantamine ) ?

I bought some tabs called , " dreamscape " here but was disappointed to experinces nothing at all after 5-7 days, i admit i didnt really continue after that , but have become more interested again for various reaons ( including lucid dreaming )

I noticed Swanson do huperzine A at 50mcg so I was just planning on trying it given its lets hassle - though I must admit i havent had much success with them since the lions mane last year , does any one have any suggetions or thoughts about this ?

tepol

Edited by tepol, 14 September 2011 - 12:13 AM.

#12 JChief

• 638 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:45 AM

some may find piracetam anxiogenic. i - and plenty others, too - find piracetam anxiolytic.

but you can look into aniracetam, which is know to be anxiolytic.

Piracetam is definitely anxiolytic for me. It's effect on lowering anxiety has been documented quite a bit. To give a direct example, it counteracts the anxiogenic effects of marijuana. Trust me ;) Everybody is unique though ymmv. It should be noted that there are lots of reports of aniracetam making users act "dull" .

Edited by JChief, 16 September 2011 - 04:50 AM.

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#13 JChief

• 638 posts
  • NO

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:48 AM

He probably received it from Tocris, and he may also have money to throw around. It's about $3000/kg from Synfine, and $2000/kg from China. I still think a better avenue may be its ethyl 5 analogue, or CX-614.

CX717 always interested me. It was sold to one company and back and its been round and round. CX-614 has poor bioavailability, and are only active at very high doses of 1000 mg or more. CX-717 and CX-1739 are newer and more potent drugs in the same series.

Edited by JChief, 16 September 2011 - 04:52 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users