Photo
- - - - -

ALCAR Users

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 fql

• 146 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:34 AM

To buy or not to buy, that is the question.

I've currently experimented with Choline Bitartrate, Piracetam, and Aniracetam. To my ALCAR friends, what is your stance on this? Is it working? Better than Piracetam?

#2 Progr3ssiveMind

• 8 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 03:40 AM

I've wondered about this too. But at such a low price, what's there to lose?

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#3 e Volution

• 937 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 07:27 PM

Yeh srsly it is probably the single most recommended, used, safe, and effective products on the Nootropics forum. Why are you even asking this lol its not better or worse than anything its ALCAR!

#4 rvogels1

• 27 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 11:38 PM

ALCAR is crucial. Do not pass it by. It's not "better" than piracetam or any of the other supplements that you listed. It's a baseline supplement that helps to optimize cholinergic activity and mitochondrial activity, among other things. You can't beat 500 grams for like 10 or 15 bucks, either. You will find that you will need less of your choline source if you take ALCAR. Eventually, you will most likely supplant your choline source with ALCAR. I seldom supplement with choline these days and I use piracetam and pramiracetam. Although, I am starting to think that a small amount of choline, say 400 mg, is good every couple of days. Anyways, get you some ALCAR brah.

#5 Ichoose2live

• 200 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 12:12 AM

ALCAR is crucial. Do not pass it by. It's not "better" than piracetam or any of the other supplements that you listed. It's a baseline supplement that helps to optimize cholinergic activity and mitochondrial activity, among other things. You can't beat 500 grams for like 10 or 15 bucks, either. You will find that you will need less of your choline source if you take ALCAR. Eventually, you will most likely supplant your choline source with ALCAR. I seldom supplement with choline these days and I use piracetam and pramiracetam. Although, I am starting to think that a small amount of choline, say 400 mg, is good every couple of days. Anyways, get you some ALCAR brah.

Simple choline salts is more effective to raise ACh than ALCAR. Since ALCAR increases Protein Kinase C (PKC) activity, long-term utilization of ALCAR is likely to promote brain tumor. PKC is an enzyme that is known to promote the rapid growth of brain tumors.

Also Choline in salts form works better when your neuronal ACh system is more active.

Edited by Ichoose2live, 04 May 2011 - 12:17 AM.

#6 nezxon

• 218 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 06:10 PM

Simple choline salts is more effective to raise ACh than ALCAR. Since ALCAR increases Protein Kinase C (PKC) activity, long-term utilization of ALCAR is likely to promote brain tumor. PKC is an enzyme that is known to promote the rapid growth of brain tumors.

I strongly disagree. I don't believe that long-term ALCAR use will cause a proliferation of brain tumors. I've seen no evidence to that effect. Not all PKC activity is bad, it's simply the most likely to mutate, but there's no way for us to say right now that ALCAR's increase in PKC activity also increases mutation rates.

At least one study suggests ALCAR has no effect on one type of cancer. To me, it seems likely ALCAR's potent antioxidant and neuroprotective properties may help prevent PKC mutation even while increasing activity.
ALCAR: No Effect on Ovarian Cancer

sponsored ad

• Advert
Click HERE to rent this advertising spot for BRAIN HEALTH to support LongeCity (this will replace the google ad above).

#7 glob

• 2 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:25 PM

which is the right one?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users